LCD The Lord of the Mysteries

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by tirirism, Jan 18, 2019.

1. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    It has something to do with the Antigonus Notebook, the notebook has supernatural power.

2. 454Casull

454Casull New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, I'm a little torn with the latest bunch of chapters. It was pretty exciting when this Amon kidnapping sub-arc first started since it felt like the most danger Klein had been in a long, long time (or ever?) but the pacing feels a little slow. Still, I'm interested to see how exactly he will, or won't, get out of this predicament.

3. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard novel is recently finished.
    Wonder what time period next novel will be?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    Rydlewicz likes this.
  4. Eternity Warrior

Eternity Warrior Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's still ongoing, I don't know where you heard that from.

5. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    It's said to finish this week from what I gathered.

6. Eternity Warrior

Eternity Warrior Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh, I left it at chapter 1350~ mtl, and it seemed like there was at least another volume worth of content to go through. I guess it will be one of those abrupt ends like many chinese novels.

7. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah pretty much heard its almost over and was wonder what next setting will be like modern day or far off future.

8. MR.Klein

MR.Klein Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    shit there goes another good novel

9. craterman

craterman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I heard/author interview the ending is... maybe not what people had hoped for. It's still up in the air as to what exactly is going to happen, but there is a good chance that we won't see the true end of the novel until at least the sequel finishes. Yes the sequel, taking place in the western continent, following a new main character of the hunter pathway.

10. Asfsajkl

Asfsajkl Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure if this is considered spoiler, but
    basically this novel is according to him, just part 1 and prologue of his story. According to what I've read in his testimony, there's at least 3 part for this story. This ending kind of sucks, I was hoping to see the story finished, but it seems like it's gonna keep dragging on. But well, it now makes sense why he said the novel was ending soon.

and regarding new book
    He's not continuing with the second part right away and is planning on writing another story first. This story will either be an apocalypse setting or just xianxia. This book will probably start mid november.

11. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering the cocoons, I figured that there will be more of it

12. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    Every time I beyonders I think of the marvel race/character.

13. Thousandswords

Thousandswords SWORD OF PENETRATION

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished reading the last chapter in mtl.
    I must say that I am disappointed... again!
    What happened? The author was in a rush to end it. He did the same thing with his other novel Martial Arts Master.
    The author ended this novel in a rush, he didn't bother to explain most things. All the mysteries remained a mystery and it felt like we've read only half of the story. It totally ruined the whole novel.

14. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    The story will be a three parter. He probably had to take some time thinking up how to properly transition into a different section of the world/universe. Pausing the novel isn't an option since Qidian owns everything in the platform. With such a popular novel, they would just have another person continue the story for the money.

15. ladyartemis

ladyartemis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which is a good call for Cuttlefish-sama to end it earlier rather than others do it. Sigh.

16. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    Cuttlefish Novelistic Universe? PogU

17. gaianova

gaianova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The continuation will likely be a few years later on another reading platform (not sure for the translation) from now based on the author's ending remarks (His current contract ends on 2022, so there will be another ~ 3million words book in between)

He mentioned that he intended to make a second book because he doesn't want to endlessly expand the world. There are a lot of side characters to develop in order to keep up with the story pacing, and if he were to go into their parts too much, while it would make it their power ups etc more logical, it would affect the entire reading experience as well. It would get too bloated.

On the other hand, if he doesn't give them enough perspective and yet, they are still able to work their magic during crucial moments, it would just feel like endless plot armor, and the crises are overcome way too easily.

So after considering all of the reasons, he decided to split them into two books instead. So, it's not meant to be the end yet.

Unlikely uh, veteran authors get different contracts as compared to new authors, which means that they could be entitled to more rights depending on how the negotiation goes. It's very inaccurate to make such a sweeping statement.

Also, it is obviously a move that would 100% backfire on them ~~ Greed =/= dumb

18. Vega320

Vega320 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If the second part is good I don’t think I would mind the ending of this one. If the second part never gets written this ending would be depressing. Not sure if I want the perspective to stay on Klien or switch to someone else. Mostly cause while I really enjoyed his character his range is to far beyond human scope. And it might remove tension.

19. Alairia

Alairia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, so Lord of the Mysteries would most likely continue after 2022? Shit, and here I found such a beautiful gem to read.

20. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    The 2nd part has a diff. Mc