Spoiler The Magician’s Daughter

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Clars, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Meri

Meri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it was getting dangerous and the bindings were getting worse so Mabelle decides to stop him.
    Khan tries to stop her since it's dangerous, he said they deserve it (especially for what they did to her) but Maybelle said she's not doing it for (trashy) family, she doesn't want daddy to get hurt :cry:
    The sweet darling (currently no power) braved the snow storm with bare feet to tell daddy she wants to go home :cry:
    Then flowers started sprouting :cry:
    If this isn't the sweetest thing ever ugh

M: It's dangerous here. Let's go home.
    R: Home?
    *Flowers and hugs*
    M: Let's quickly return home and have a meal. Eat yummy cookies and drink many teas.
    R: Okay. Sorry for making you cold.

I really wanted trashy family to get punished tho :cool:

2. Meri

Meri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybelle starts the day getting dolled up by the 3 sisters. Who knew she was awake by the change in her breathing. The events of yesterday(?) always appears in her head whenever she closes her eyes. She's surprise the mansion is so tranquil/peaceful. She's expecting the trashy family to come marching at their doors.
    Instead she is served tea and lemon tart lol

Anyways, the 2 possible love interests(?) come. Abel allows Maybelle to pet his fur while Bellerophone(?) looks disgruntled/bothered.
    Then the 2 argue about Abel acting close to Maybelle (impolite speech), about Master and the heir, and some such.
    Meanwhile, Maybelle is wondering why they are fighting. (Right?)

Then, some blond dude comes to the mansion saying he's "here to take your daughter away"(?)

3. Meri

Meri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing really happens.
    Main thing is Maybelle and Bellero's interaction.

Blond man wants to meet Rykell or Maybelle. Khan says they're unavailable.
    Maybelle is hiding with Bellero using magic and they're whispering to each other.
    She asks if it's ok to stay and eavesdrop, he says "yes, because everything belongs to you, even ----"
    (gives a mysterious smile)
    (Why are you baiting us lol)

Rykell comes before Khan and Kylie's discussion get out of hand.
    Kylie immediately gets rejected haha
    He's all smile (he has an affable, joking attitude) as he says, that the story about what happened at he Cyclamens has spread quickly in a day. So when's the rebellion? I've been waiting. (to go against the royal family?)

Rykell discovers Maybelle and Bellero.
    He is not amused seeing his daughter so close to another man.
    (She was holding on his robe. Then lets go.
    I can't tell who held whose hand, Maybelle or Bellero.
    But, Rykell was pissed when he saw it :ROFLMAO:
    Anways, they let go. Awww

Finally, Kylie saw Maybelle.

4. Meri

Meri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kylie finds Maybelle and greets Bellerophone too
    (Kylie commented about Khan's age and unchanging face last chapter. Now, he said that Bellero still has smooth skin. Bellero thanks him for the praise (y))
    Kylie looks at Maybelle and says she doesn't look like Rykell (which hurts Maybelle, now he needs to get hit) but instead . . .
    Then he asks for her name.
    Before Maybelle can answer, Rykell puts him in an invisible box (Maybelle can't hear him anymore)
    R: "You don't need to know."
    Rykell floats Maybelle to him, she hugs him and he wonders if it's her habit to hold onto someone (ahem Bellero). Flustered Maybelle denies it and let's go, but he says "I didn't tell you to let go."
    She holds onto him again.
    Bellero laughs and tells her "good job". (I kinda get it but eh)
    Kylie is released. Complains about being too much when they're friends.

Then he says,
    "Give me your daughter!
    I like her. I think she and my son should meet!"

RIP Kylie

Rykell tells Khan there's a noisy one in the mansion. Cue whirlwind pushing Kylie out.
    R: "Make sure to lock the door after."
    A sword suddenly appears on Kylie's hands to pierce on the floor to keep from flying.
    "Friend! Friend! Wait a second! Great Wizard! Listen to me!"
    So, Kylie says that the imperial sent(?) him with a letter. Why? He doesn't know.
    Kylie says it's serious trouble this time. Or else why would they send a quiet farmer.
    Then he talks about THE person calling(?)
    It looks like the letter is a summon?
    To ignore it is treason
    K: when have heroes become imperial dogs?
    Background story.
    They were both part of the unit that stopped the last war (Kylie looks a lot older than Rykell) and became heroes. One of them became emperor(?) They swore allegiance to him. If broken, (I did not get a lot of this) "He will break." (Insert pic of dark/red mysterious man)
    (As in, this man will destroy everything???)

I didn't understand a lot of this chapter.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  5. giseord

giseord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank youuuu but I'm confused too o_O

6. Xiao_faye

Xiao_faye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    PLEASEEE TELL ME WHERE DO YOU READ THE MANHWA/NOVEL??

7. Meri

Meri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shey_04 and ShiniUsa like this.
  8. Snarkywife

Snarkywife Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope the continue to translate this manga. I feel like so many have been dropped recently

9. Nanashy

Nanashy Scarybun of Horror

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not sure about this one, but most of the korean mangas are actually translated into English. The problem of the leechers, me including, is that they are rightfully hidden behind a paywall.

10. Yukari_me

Yukari_me I Gotta Put Me First

Reading List:
    Link
    This manwha won’t ever be translated by any scanlation group anymore sadly. After all the effort the author/artist put trying to get their point across illegal translated manwha, the scanlation team who was working on it dropped it bc they felt bad. Adding to the fact that some imbeciles kept trying to share it on instagram, the artist got really worried and more aware of her/his work being spread without any of his/her consent.

Tofufufu, Arie Sun, aoerax and 2 others like this.
  11. Snarkywife

Reading List:
    Link

I wish the authors would offer their works in English. I feel like there wouldn’t be such problems, if the manga was offered for everyone to read :-/
    I’d buy it in a heartbeat. Ebook it and read forever!

12. Snarkywife

Reading List:
    Link
    I can’t find any of the current manga, in English, to be bought, like Lady Baby, Milady just wants to relax, any of the daughters of whomever, etc... I pay for toomics monthly, webcomics monthly, tappytoon, Webnovel monthly, etc... if I can find them for pay, I buy them. I don’t like the authors not getting their dues, but I’m also obsessed. It’s a hard line to walk, :)

girrlit and Nanashy like this.
  13. Yukari_me

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m pretty sure there are discussions for various manwhas to be licensed and translated into english. However, the thing is, you’ll always have to pay money to read a chapter since it’s not sold like a manga.

Tofufufu and Snarkywife like this.
  14. Snarkywife

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m fine with that, as long as I can read them

15. Yukari_me

Reading List:
    Link
    Tho i doubt Magician’s Daughter is being translated and hosted in a legal website the author allows, you can try tappytoon cuz that’s where authors/artists support and allows their work to be shown since they also earn shares of the profit

Snarkywife likes this.
  16. Ichigoisstrawberry

Ichigoisstrawberry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can find the official translate at https://kakaopage.co.id/ but unfortunatelly it's not translate into english but bahasa. and you should pay some cash to read the the chapter. i hope they would translate into english legal website.

aoerax and Yukari_me like this.
  17. Snarkywife

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ll check there, thank you!

Yukari_me likes this.
  18. afelice

afelice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some Spoilers from the novel :

- Maybelle will have her own magic staff, a new pet (a drake)
    - The Imperial family sent an invitation to Rykell and Maybelle, Aslan (the blond guy, bellerophon's love rival lol) and von Kyle will also attend as representative of their ducal family.
    - The ball / dance party held by Imperial family is a disastrous event and the climax of season1. Maybelle got separated from her father and met with the emperor in the palace garden. Much later, Bellerophon guided her to find Rykell via Lily (magical bird he gave to maybelle as a present). Bellerophon didn't attend the party for some reason (answered in the 2nd season)
    - Rykell ruined the most important magic ceremony in the dance party lol, he left with his daughter without giving a damn about the imperial family.
    - Rykell took his daughter to a temple and showed her the remnant of galatea's magic (maybelle's mother). She was an elementalist before her death
    - season 1 ending : maybelle's birthday party

- Maybelle learned magic from her father, and she really has tremendous magical power
    - Abel (the little fox) and Bellerophon still don't get along well, and now Rykell started to punish Bellerophon whenever he made a move to Maybelle lol (he throw an ice block to Phon and forbade him to sit down during classes).
    - Maybelle's new hobby : farming!, she also made new friend a black leopard named Vivi (Abel and Khan's relative)
    - Maybelle wanted to use her magic to free her father from the covenant, Bellerophon and Abel promised to help her. Phon told the girl that he will use his hidden power if needed.

- Aslan joined the imperial knight, Maybelle asked if he wanted to free his father, too. Aslan thought that he and Maybelle will be a good Knight-mage partner (Rykell is a bit lenient to the boy because he is more polite than his father, but still throws him with magic when Aslan got too close to his daughter)

- Bellerophon appeared in Maybelle's bedroom (after his first retreat from Rykell's cold wrath, he doesn't want to get the restriction order) and confessed his secret to Maybelle, about his real identity and why he became Rykell's student. Their conversation got interrupted by the Florence sister

- Bellerophon hid a monster within him and asked Maybelle to be "his handler(?)" and almost gave her a golden key. The story : Rykell saved the boy from his father and helped him to contain the beast, that's why Bellerophon can't be separated from his teacher. In the 1st season the boy expressed his hatred for the royal family, and now Maybelle realized that both of the emperor and Bellerophon's eyes turned gold when they use magic. Phon confessed his greatest secret to Maybelle : he is actually a Prince (aka the emperor's son).

- Maybelle, Bellerophon, and Abel joined an international fighting contest. Abel using cloak to hide his ears and tail (his race is still discriminated by many), while Bellerophon using his cloak to hid his hair and face from the emperor.

- The first task is to destroy golems in a limited time. Abel and Bellerophon (who turned out to be a magic swordsman) hid their real skills in the preliminary, but Maybelle going all out and destroyed all of the golems only in 11 seconds.

- The prize of this contest is a magical bracelet which allows the user to make a pact with elemental spirits, Maybelle suspected that the bracelet belongs to her mother. Bellerophon promised if he wins the contest, he'll give the prize to Maybelle and asked her to call him with a nickname (Phon. Maybelle granted his wish instantly lol).

- Rykell is unable to join the contest because he was a winner and can't participate anymore. He promised to STEAL the bracelet if Maybelle or Bellerophon lost the fight XDDD

- Maybelle and her party met a woman named Bliss, she is a princess from a neighboring country and one of the best beast tamer in the world. She was galatea's best friend. Bliss hates the emperor and didn't really conceal her feeling in the event.

- The 2nd task is to "tame" a half-dragon (something like a hybrid between human and dragon) in a battle royale. Bellerophon went first. He ditches his rival and overpowered the half-dragon with the combination of gravity and wind magic.

- Later he gave Maybelle some tips when both of them snuck out and talk about the horrible magic experiment to combine humans and beasts. Bellerophon feels pretty bitter and sad, and Maybelle feels sorry about what happened and asked if she can help the boy to ease his sadness.

- Bellerophon and Abel's rivalry became more and more ridiculous. Abel asked Maybelle to call him with a nickname, and Bellerophon asked the girl to pat his head (Phon realized that what he did is pretty childish but decides to go on because he is jealous, especially when Abel bragged that Maybelle often pet his head and touch the tail) XDD

- Then, it's Maybelle's turn to face the half dragon. The first thing she did is to defeat her rival (a swordsman) using wind magic. Maybelle uses Phon's advice because wind magic won't harm the half dragon. The little girl managed to befriend the beast and using her magic to create beautiful flowers and gifted it to the beast.

- Princess Bliss gave some advice to Maybelle in the final. Both Phon and Abel also passed the 2nd task so they will be rival again XD.

- Khan wanted to hold a party to celebrate maybelle's wonderful performance in the competition.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    Needmore, Belial819, Minaeli and 39 others like this.
  19. afelice

afelice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    - Another family time between Maybelle and her "family". They discussed the result of the 2nd task and the next round
    - Abel got eliminated, Maybelle noticed that Bellerophon looks happy .
    - The next round is a duel, and now it's Phon's turn.
    - and of course, Aslan appeared as a special contestant and he is Phon's opponent in this match. The Emperor also watched this fight.
    - Rykell blocked the sound amplifier magic and commented that listening to Phon and Aslan's banter is not necessary
    - Maybelle became worry, Von Kyle's Family is famous for their swordmanship, but Khan also explained that although Phon mainly using magic, his swordsmanship is pretty good.
    - Duel between Phon and Aslan started, Aslan commented that he knew that Phon using the combination of magic and swordsmanship in the previous match and asked why he only relied to swordsmanship right now.
    - Maybelle became more curious about the conversation between those two, and Rykell removed the block. What she heard is that Bellerophon answered Aslan's question with a cold voice, the same annoyed voice he uses to Abel
    - Aslan managed to hurt Phon, but the boy only wiped the blood and decided to use a different method this time. Blue haze started to appear from the tip of his sword
    - the chapter ended with Bellerophon transformed his sword to a beautiful magic staff. Our monster prince decided to fight as a full mage

[​IMG]

After all of this mess, I don't care anymore about the male lead. Reading about Rykell's cold creativity to punish Abel and Bellerophon is pretty fun , and of course the father-daughter moments are always gold.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    lisaaa, Belial819, Tofufufu and 41 others like this.
  20. augacutan

augacutan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @afelice thank you for all the spoilers!! Bless you!

afelice likes this.