Spoiler The Magician’s Daughter

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Clars, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Veene

Veene Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I LOVE YOU!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Tozarosa and afelice like this.
  2. afelice

afelice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 124-125 give me a headache because most the contents are info dumps about transcendentals, Rykell's attempts to kick his guest and protect Maybelle (+ Khan and other household members!) From raul's prying questions, and .... Annoying cliffhangers.

I'm going to post the update after this annoying guest reveals his real motive to Rykell (tomorrow, chap 126). He brought an offer and it related to the imperial family.

It seems that the duke of the west (Raul Cliferdia(?)) is not a fan of the emperor, too.

3. Yukari_me

Yukari_me I Gotta Put Me First

Reading List:
    Link
    All these batch of interesting spoilers makes me so happy. Thank you for your hard work Afe! *bows* :notworthy:

afelice likes this.
  4. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    - The guest shifted his attention to Maybelle, he assumed that Maybelle was Rykell's doppelganger. Rykell coldly denied it because it's impossible to make a replica of transcendental, and commented that this guest had rotten eyes. Duke of the West replied that after observing Maybelle of a while, he saw Maybelle's resemblance with Galatea. Rykell used a spell to blind the Duke's eyes (temporarily) and snarked that he had no right to look at his daughter.

- The Duke wanted to hug Maybelle because of her cuteness. Rykell used his magic and moved Maybelle to his lap. He hugged Maybelle protectively while this annoying guest rambled about "his right" to look and hug cute things.
    <hello FBI?>

- Rykell started to lose his patience and started to formulate a spell using his finger, Maybelle became curious and Rykell taught her to use magic to shut their guest (using a silent spell, they conjured something like a magical zipper). Fortunately, Khan and Florence sisters arrived with the dishes.

- The Duke praised the chef (the meal was delicious), and started to promote the farm products from the west lol. They ate steak, and Rykell helped Maybelle to cut the meat using magic (if Rykell is not around, Khan or Phon will do it for her). Maybelle observed that the guest is also using a silent spell without magic circle to cut his meat.

- The duke commented about Rykell's unique choice of his household employees (Nymphs, Suin), He called Khan as "A Child of War": and recalled that Suin lost their land after the war (now they lived under Rykell's protection). Rykell interrupted him before the situation turned sour.

- The duke introduced himself as Raul Clifferdia, and he asked Maybelle to call him with his name because he hated his own title (because it related to the empire)

- There are 3 transcendentals remained after galatea's death. Archmage of the North, Duke of the West, and another one from the East. Duke of the west was happy that all of them had children (This Duke also had a son...). Rykell commented that if Raul kept talking like this, he’ll reduce the count from 3 to 2, and Raul seems to take this rivalry seriously.

- Raul tried to behave himself (just trying…) and told Rykell that he had information about Imperial Family.

Chapter 126 : Raul dropped the hammer...hard, and Rykell's wrath is always cold x_x

- Before he explained himself, Raul asked Rykell about what he did in the imperial banquet. He wanted to confirm if Rykell really :
    1. Destroyed the important ritual in front of the emperor
    2. Blew up the ceiling just to reunited with his beloved daughter
    3. Left the party without caring about the chaos he made.
    <Rykell be like : "it's the truth, then what.. The ritual was too long and I promised to meet my daughter in 10 minutes.>
    <Apparently this duke missed the party although he attended the nation founding festival. >

- Rykell took Maybelle to the holy temple after they left the banquet and showed her the remnant of Galatea's magic, then he created fireworks to please his daughter. It's a precious moment for Maybelle because Rykell made a Maybelle, Rykell, Khan, Abel, Florence sisters, and Phon shaped fireworks.
    <sob..sob... it's Maybelle's new family>

-
    Back to the topic, Raul told Rykell about the experiment in the empire. Apparently the old priest beside the emperor was related, and they tried to create an artificial transcendental. Rykell didn't care about all of this and forced Raul to confess about his real motive.

-
    Raul asked about Rykell's covenant with the emperor. Rykell's restriction was the strongest compared to the other heroes and transcendentals. He was curious about the broken agreement with the cyclamens, and how about the other pact (related to Galatea).

- Raul started speculating about the nature of the covenant, and he came with a conclusion that Maybelle is the medium of the pact <maybe she will die if Rykell went against the emperor>. Maybelle became scared and Rykell...

- Rykell snapped. He used his ice elemental magic to froze the furnitures and attack Raul, who defended himself using wind magic (his specialty). Raul tried to reason with Rykell but no avail, Rykell's cold wrath was unstoppable.

- Maybelle trembled in fear. and Rossi + Lily tried to comfort her. Then she realized that she didn't feel cold although she knew that the room temperature were dropped.

- one of the pact is already ended.. what about the other pact?

<Cliffhanger>

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  5. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    @afelice seriously, thank you for the spoilers! It soothes my ever craving heart of what will happen next.

Also, what the heck is with that emperor!!! Off with his head!!! And whatever covenant that is!

6. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    Man... What the heck did I just read?
    -facepalming-

<Or is it blackmail? Challenge? Raul what the heck were you thinking?>

-
    Rykell stopped his attack and threatened Raul with a cold voice. Raul didn't falter either. He wanted to know how Maybelle returned to his father and how the covenant concerning her was broken.

- Raul asked is there a way to broke the covenant?. Maybelle is perfectly safe and one of Rykell's restrictions is already lifted. Rykell informed Raul that unfortunately, there is no way to broke the damn chain by force.

- Raul keeps pushing, he complained that he wanted to live together with his 'sign/proof of loyalty. The only chance to meet the sign is once a year at the nation's founding day.
    <Someone really needs to start a rebellion to dethrone Azathoth!>

- Maybelle thought about the proof of loyalty. Someone must give the most important thing in his/her life as a mortgage/proof of loyalty (it explained in the manhwa chapter 15 iirc). It seems that Rykell and Raul got the worst deal because transcendental must show absolute loyalty towards the empire.

- Rykell finally opened his secret (and unconsciously entering the "I'm proud!! My daughter is the best" mode). The reason why Maybelle could find Rykell was : her own talent to broke the multiple layers of mental enchantments.

- Rykell pointed out that Azathoth put a mental enchantment on Maybelle, that's why she couldn't retaliate under Cyclamen's constant abuse and she felt that it's difficult to walk to the northern mansion. Her instinct to find Rykell won and she managed to keep sane until she met Rykell.

- Raul got shocked. The mental enchantment is an inhuman thing to do, and Maybelle endured that for 10 years while most mages went insane. Rykell himself assumed that his brother sent the mentally broken Maybelle as a gift at first. But when he saw Maybelle in details he instantly knew that Azathoth and Cyclamens failed to see Maybelle's true talent.

- Maybelle was embarrassed. Rykell praised her talents again, and Raul agreed. He complimented Maybelle that her talent to feel magic wave was very good, then he added :

- "My Tristan is also like that". With a sweet and longing look...
    <Don't tell me...another love rival for Phon?>

- Rykell asked again, what is Raul's real intention. Raul then revealed his true motive :

- He really wanted to know if there is any way to broke the stupid covenant, and because Rykell denied it, now he had a request.

- Raul told Rykell that he already tired and at his limit. So he wanted to ask his rival to do something for him
    <wow...>

- Raul's proof of loyalty was imprisoned in the imperial castle, he wanted Rykell to stole and brought the proof out from the castle.

- Rykell threatened Raul again because it was a crazy thing to do and he had no reason to grant this nonsense.

- Raul tried to negotiate, he thought that Maybelle's talent could be useful, plus Rykell and Maybelle were more flexible to move around than he did.

- Rykell started to get annoyed again. Raul literally asked him to kidnap someone from the castle

- Well, Raul said he had something that will be useful to Rykell, and he will consider things seriously once he heard about it

- Cliffhanger

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  7. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, what?! but before that, thank you!
    His proof of loyalty? Maybe his son? Poor guy! They should dethrone that annoying emperor already.

JellyBunnie likes this.
  8. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I think so. I'm worried about how Azathoth treat the child... Aaarrrgh...

I wonder about Von Kyle's proof of loyalty... Not Aslan. Maybe his wife?

9. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    - this "something useful to Rykell" actually : Raul will take Rykell's offer from a long time ago, and cooperated with him. Maybelle became confused, because Rykell is usually a lonewolf. It was hard to imagine someone like her father actually asked someone to cooperate with him. It must be something important that Rykell unable to do it alone.

- Raul and Rykell made a magical contract (a good portion of this chapter was used to describe the process, not the content -_-). Rykell told Maybelle to memorize it. It was ancient magic.

- Raul told Rykell that he will arrange for everything after Rykell brought "the proof", and he prepared for Azathoth's wrath. He was inspired by Rykell and Maybelle's story lol.

- They resumed their tea time. Raul offered some desserts to Maybelle, and Rykell activated his "protective dad mode" and threatened to kick the guest out

After this cruel torture from Raul (his way of speaking was a pain to read because he refer himself as "this body", and yup, he is older than Rykell)

Now I kinda miss Phon & Abel...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  10. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    Kakaopage decided to troll the readers and published a duplicate chapter lol...

Update :
    Not much happened here..

<Finally we have a decent conversation and Raul didn't push Rykell's buttons every 5 minutes>

- Maybelle noticed that Rykell didn't really kick Raul out even though this man said irresponsible things and made him angry. So.. This person is someone important to Rykell....

- Maybelle asked if Rykell and Raul are friends. Raul said that he only had one friend, and a rival.
    <Maybelle compared Rykell-Raul's relationship to.. Abel and Phon's!>

- friend : Galatea, rival : Rykell. Raul's expression became sad while he talked about Galatea and the war. He lost his sister and now his nephew got imprisoned in the castle (so it's not a biological son, but still...).
    <... I'm starting to wonder about the Transcendetal of the east (n) . nobody talked about him/her>

- Raul made the giant size Groomninar so his nephew could see it from the castle even though they were separated. Maybelle recalled Khan's story about how Rykell always went to a cliff to see the cyclamen mansion...

- Raul was proud to see that Rykell decided to move on with his life (together with Maybelle). He said that Galatea would want the same thing.

- Raul told more stories about himself and the west land. He took a different path from Rykell (who protected demi humans, nymphs, magical beasts, and a prince in his territory). Raul took care of the orphaned children and war victims in his castle. When he heard about Maybelle's escapades from Cyclamen, he wanted to took Maybelle under his wing.
    <and he knew that the risk is a war which worser than the previous wizard war lol>

- Raul asked Maybelle about her opinion about him. Maybelle answered honestly that she didn't trust him at first. Raul nodded, and told Maybelle to trust her instinct and always observing everything. Galatea did the same.

- Rosickell told Maybelle that Raul is not an enemy, but Ig was afraid of Raul lol (emm.. It's the Mini Fox's name?).

- Raul informed that Bliss is also a transcendental. He was happy that Rykell didn't cut ties with Galatea's friend and allowed Maybelle to befriend and accepted Bliss' help.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  11. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel sad for them. They had to separate with someone very special to them because of whatever curse/pact/et al. I mean, how powerful could the enemy be for them to succumb to the enemy's ways?

Tictacs likes this.
  12. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    Yah, considering that 3 transcendentals and other war heroes became the victims... Azathoth and his retainers are formidable. We have yet to meet other heroes beside Von Kyle, but Raul mentioned that Azathoth didn't spare the heroes from some enchantment/magic or experiment like what happened to Maybelle.

oh yeah, it seems that the holy temple is also a part of this mess. The high priest who accompanied Azathoth is the fake transcendental, and if he died, Raul got the impression that they already prepared another one. Maybelle saw this person twice (in the banquet and in Mutu tournament).

13. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    - Maybelle played with mini Fox, Lili, and Rossi near the poplar tree. She wanted to call the mini Fox "Ignis", because of it's fiery red fur at first. Then she remembered Rykell's explanation : this species usually had more than one power... so Maybell considered to name it later when more of the power came out.

- Suddenly Maybelle felt a breeze. Phon appeared and when Maybelle started to greet him, he put his index finger on his lips and Maybelle realized that the current situation was similar to when she hid under Phon's cloak in season 1 (glorious chap. 14 of the manhwa).

- Phon warned her that some of the trees in the garden are special, they talked to Rykell. If Phon got caught, he couldn't meet Maybelle for a long time. He asked if Maybelle will be sad if it happens.

- Maybelle quickly answered that she will be very very sad if she couldn't meet Phon. Phon was surprised, but he said that he is happy to hear that.

- Phon explained that Khan asked him to check Maybelle's current location because dinner will be ready soon. He need to go asap before the tree reported him to Rykell.

- Maybelle commented that Phon was very knowledgeable about the mansion. Phon replied that it's natural, because he lived here for a very long time. He spent most of f his childhood in the northern territory.

- Maybell asked Phon if Rykell is the one who raised him. He said no. Rykell was hopeless at parenting because he didn't interested <no surprise here>. Phon's parent figure : Khan and Duchess Kyle.
    <duchess Kyle is also a knight like her spouse. She is the one responsible for Aslan's polite manner>

- Duchess Kyle was Phon's swordsmanship teacher and the one who raised him in his early childhood. Phon's magic power was very unstable and only strong adults could approached him.

- Phon also told Maybelle that his mother tried her best to get him out from the imperial family as soon as possible.

- Maybelle imagining the child version of Phon.. He must be cute like a little snowflake. Phon became confused because Maybelle suddenly laughed.
    <heh?>.

- Maybelle hold Phon's sleeve. She thanked him that he told her about his story. Phon didn't mind, and told Maybelle to hold his reins as she wished. Now it's Maybelle's turn to be confused.

- When she wanted to asked more about the rein, Phon just smiled and told her that it's the time to leave.
    <not faaaaiiiirrrr -_->

- Phon suddenly returned to Maybelle and informed her that he will be quieter than the fox/Abel so Maybelle won't hear much of him in the meantime. He will do it so he could meet with Maybelle as soon as possible.

- Maybelle laughed, now she understands that Phon is talking about his restriction order looool....

14. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    <Internal Screaming : Modusmu Phooooooonnnnn -tepok jidat- . I use my home language for..reasons :LOL:)

And then.. This is the last chapter for this week!

- Phon told Maybelle that he will be waiting eagerly for the time he could talk freely to her like before. Maybelle nodded.

- Then he bowed down and...asked Maybelle to pat his head like what she did to the fox. Maybelle got baffled and confused.. Which fox? Ig or Abel?. Maybelle got her answer after she saw Phon's nasty expression. It was the usual face he made when he talked about Abel.
    <I was wondering when will Phon makes his move lol>

- Maybelle granted his request. Both were happy. Maybelle enjoyed it because Phon's hair was so fluffy and smooth.

- Phon returned to the mansion, and Maybelle felt another breeze. Raul.
    Raul used magic to conceal himself and Maybelle's presence. Even Rykell couldn't detect them.

- Raul recognized Bellerophon as the Prince. Maybelle didn't surprise. She asked if Raul knew Phon when he was a child.

- Raul nodded. He commented that Phon was always a big child. When Maybelle asked if he was cute, Raul denied it. Phon didn't behave like normal children...

- the five year old Prince was very...bratty. He said something rude (very rude..., it's either he told Raul to fuck off or kill him. MTL confused me..) to Raul, a transcendental feared by many. Maybelle thought that was awesome. But it will more believable if Abel did it than Phon.

- Raul used his wind magic to create a painting using leaves. Maybelle looked at a chubby kid with a long earring attached at one of his ears. It was the 5 y.o Phon.

- Maybelle asked Raul to explain more about transcendentals.

- Maybelle realized that it's time to go to the dining room, Raul stopped her and gave her a piece of advice.

- He asked Maybelle not to get too close to the Prince. he referred Phon as a mass of tainted magic power.

- Raul continued to talk ... he is wondering why Rykell allowed Maybelle to live with dangerous creatures like the two suins and Phon. He mentioned about Khan's lost power was due to the tainted magic.
    Maybelle is not amused. She started to get pissed.

- Maybelle coldly rebutted that she trusted Rykell's judgment and he never forbid her to interact with Phon, Abel, and Khan. She would never allow anyone to badmouth her family.

- Maybelle took out Rossi and started to use magic, Lily backed her up. Raul surrendered. He told Maybelle that he had no intention to harm her. He saw Maybelle's resemblance to Rykell but he commented that her inner side is more similar to Galatea.

- Maybelle noticed Raul's sad and longing look every time he talked about Galatea. His expression is the same as Bliss..

15. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    My goodness . The chapters got mixed. That's why I felt that I missed something (suddenly Maybelle already outside playing with the fox).

They published chap 132 as 129
    <grumble..grumble..>

I downloaded the revision and there you go, this is the real chapter 129 :

- Raul surrendered. Maybelle compared Raul's face to Abel and Phon's expression when they heard about the restriction order lol.

- Rykell and Raul started to talk about politics, and Maybelle felt sleepy. She dozed off on Rykell's lap.

- Rykell stroked her hair with gentle expression. Maybelle felt hungry and Rykell sent a messenger bird to Khan. Maybelle choose that time to excuse herself.

- Maybelle walked to the garden. She reminiscing about the first time she walked together with Rykell and enjoyed the sunset.

- Maybelle thought about the meaning to have a family by her side. She almost crying when she remembered her loneliness in Cyclamen mansion. Lily appeared and comfort her, while Rossi emanated a beautiful pink aura on Maybelle's hand.
    (Rykell created a seal on Maybelle's hand to keep Rossi, so she can summons it anytime).

- Maybelle felt grateful for both of them, then the little fox appeared. Maybelle's tears dissapeared and laughter could be heard from the garden....

ok, this is the real chap 132 :

Ah, i just purchased some of the 1st season chapters.
    There are some corrections for the naming of Maybelle's pets :
    Lili > Riri (it's a nickname. The full name is Ridere. It means Smile/Laugh)
    La Sol > Lasol (it means Sun)

- Actually, Phon is 4 years older than Maybelle (so he is 15 y.o in the 2nd season). Apparently, it is a custom to acknowledge the birth of a baby after 1 year in the imperial family. Rykell cut his explanation before he went too far.
    ----------
    - Maybelle got some informations about how to bond with her new red drake. Florence sisters suggested Maybelle to feed Lasol with GRASS. Maybelle doubted that Lasol is a herbivorous drake considering its sharp teeth, but Scylla and co. insisted that the food is not important, the most precious thing is feeding moment.
    <RIP common sense lol>
    ---------
    - The shape of Rossi in the manhwa is a red herring. Rossi's default form is a common gray staff. It greets Maybelle and asks about what she likes, then it proceed to looks into Maybelle's memories when the girl is too confused to answer.
    --------
    - Rossi got several things : pink, spring season, something white, flowers, and moon.
    The flowers and spring season came from Maybelle's memories with Rykell, while the moon and something white..Maybelle thought about Phon (his physical features and refering to manhwa chap.20, Phon offered to pick the moon as a gift for Maybelle with a playful tone, IN FRONT OF RYKELL). Maybelle usually comparing Phon with the moon in her inner monologue, too.
    ---------
    - Rossi combined all of it and transformed itself to new form. It's the same as the staff in the cover of season 1. The rest of the arc is a big mess because Aysilla choose to be a jerk. Rykell and Khan entered their attack mode while Phon blocked Maybelle's sight with hands and used magic to block the sound of screaming while Rykell did the dirty work.

16. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    - Raul apologized to Maybelle again. Then he said that he will show her something spectacular.

- He started to use his wind magic, and Maybelle heard a whistle, then a musical tone. Raul explained that wind magic has a strong relation with sound and music.
    <Maybelle always hears a sound when Raul uses magic>

- Raul accumulated his magic and created a beautiful green gem. He showed it to Maybelle and explained that the name of this gem is a pure mana stone.

- Raul put the stone on Ig's forehead, and the mini fox absorbed it. Maybelle panicked when her new pet changed its colour. Raul ordered Ig to show off its new power, and Ig shot a wind ball from its mouth

- Raul continued his explanation that Ig acquired the power of wind from the mana stone (its original attribute was fire). The mini fox will become stronger depended on the gem it swallowed.
    <this fox eats gems and jewels to get stronger btw. Maybelle hesitated to feed it because she only wanted Ig to be healthy, not to became a mini killing machine >

- Raul told Maybelle that she could make her own mana stones, too.

- Rykell came before Raul got too close to Maybelle. Raul tried to explain that he helped Maybelle to get stronger, but Rykell just replied coldly that Maybelle didn't need his help lol.

- Sigh, another round of threat from Rykell. He asked Maybelle if Raul tried to harm her, and a transcendental war will happen depended on her answer.

- Maybelle answered that Raul meant no harm, and thanked him for the mana stone. Rykell lifted her in his arms and whispered that she needs to be careful because this man is a sneaky person.

- Raul stayed in the northern mansion longer than everyone's expextation. Maybelle didn't feel comfortable at first, but she managed to adapt to this new situation.
    <Raul has no indoor voice, and annoyed Rykell everytime they meet>

- The reason why Rykell didn't kick him out : a magical contract between Raul and Galatea. Raul is free to come and stay as long as he wish in northern mansion
    <Poor Rykell...>

- Rykell and Raul discussed about their contract and the plan to kidnap Raul's nephew. Rykell allowed Maybelle to listen to their meeting.

- Finally, Raul left the mansion. He and Rykell still bickered but Maybelle felt no animosity and thought that the friendship between the two was interesting.

- 2 days later, Maybelle ate snacks together with Khan, Abel, and Bellerophon. They discussed the plan. It seems that Rykell, Phon, Laura, and Scylla will go to the imperial castle while Khan and Liza stayed to protect Maybelle and the manor.
    <not sure about Abel.>

- Maybelle felt something strange and she suddenly rose from her couch...

Chapter 135 : The parlor became a battlefield when the goddamn emperor used a forbidden magic to create a gap to the mansion's barrier and attacked everyone.
    Phon asked Abel to protect the Lady while he took the front line together with Khan.

I'm going to post the summary tomorrow along with chap. 136.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  17. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    - Maybelle saw what she thought a thin thread at first, but soon the thread formed a square window. Before everyone processed what happened, suddenly an arm with a dagger came out and targeted Maybelle, the nearest person in the vicinity. Khan managed to parry the attack before Maybelle got stabbed, and both Bellerophone and Abel pulled her hands from the danger zone.

- Khan became busy because the arms with various swords and spears kept coming, then a red jewel flew from the window. Bellerophon asked Abel to protect Maybelle. Phon recognized that the jewel was a form of explosion magic, and ordered Abel to use his flame barrier while he created a magical sphere to contain the jewel.
    <Abel ranted that he still immature and couldn't use his power very well>

- Maybelle tried to help, but Phon forbid her because the jewel will absorb Maybelle's magic power and created a bigger explosion. Phon pushed Abel to work faster, and Abel stabbed his dagger to the ground. Fire came out from the ground and both Abel and Maybelle were covered with fire barrier (but Maybelle didn't feel hot at all. the one sweating was Phon who stand outside the barrier).

- Phon's magic sphere reached its limit, and Maybelle panicked. She wanted to take out Rossi, but she couldn't risk Phon and Khan's safety. Maybelle used her last resort, she summoned Riri and send it to protect Phon, but at the same time, the magic sphere shattered. Maybelle closed her eyes and braced herself for the impact...

- The explosion never happened. Rykell came and destroyed the jewel before it exploded. Rykell lifted Maybelle to his arms and the girl hugged her father immediately. Rykell explained that the emperor was the one behind this. He must be using forbidden magic, and the wizards who sent the magic must be dead by now. Azathoth tried to provoke him by creating a gap on the northern mansion's barrier and attacked his daughter.
    <Rykell was in another room to discuss something with Scylla. it seems that Scylla will play an important role in the kidnapping mission>

- Rykell told everyone that he changed his plan. He will go together with Maybelle to the capital. Khan tried to ask Rykell about the reason, but he hold his tongue because Rykell kept silent with a frightening expression. Maybelle finally asked the question, because she didn't understand and she thought that she will be a hindrance to Raul & Rykell's plan.

- Rykell answered Maybelle's question = "it is because the emperor attacked the mansion". Maybelle tried to push further, and Rykell repeated the same answer four times.
    <Maybelle got exasperated, she compared Rykell to a parrot lol>

- Rykell knew that this won't be the Emperor's last attempt to attack the mansion. Azathoth wanted to kidnap Maybelle and used her as a proof of loyalty to strengthen the chain on Rykell, and he will sacrifice many wizards to do the dirty work.
    <and this incident happened when Rykell planned to kidnap someone else's proof..>

- Maybelle shuddered. She didn't want to be a burden to her father, but she couldn't do much to help him and only became a hindrance. Rykell denied it. He told Maybelle that it will be enough if she is breathing fine. Maybelle didn't really understand the meaning, but Rykell added more bits: it's enough for him to see Maybelle breathing and stand (meaning that she is alive and well). Rykell assured his daughter that the safest place is to stay by his side.

- Maybelle thought that staying alive is not enough. She was determined to make herself useful and when she told Rykell that she will do anything to help, Rykell replied that Galatea also said the same thing.

- Back to the kidnapping mission. Rykell thought about the plan and his contract with Raul. Maybelle realized that she didn't understand some aspects of the magical contract. She asked Phon about it and glad that Rykell didn't try to stop her. Phon started to explain the magical contract and its differences from the oath/covenant....

Trivia : Maybelle always likes Phon's explanation because it is easy to understand. Rykell usually used a more practical approach, but sometimes Maybelle was not satisfied with it. It seems that Phon's hidden agenda to replace Khan as Maybelle's main source of information is running smoothly lol. He told Maybelle that he tried his best to learn many things and Maybelle is free to ask him about everything.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  18. Callumcortes

Callumcortes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks a lot for all the spoilers afelice!!!

afelice likes this.
  19. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    AAAAAAAAAAAA....
    chapter 32... Rosickel manhwa version is so pretty , it emphasized on the flower aspect (while the novel focused on the crescent moon).

Yup. There are some differences with the novel version (Maybelle's memories in the novel is about Rykell, Bellerophon and the mansion surroundings, while the manhwa shows everyone and the northern mansion). Rossi still used Phon as the final bait for Maybelle in both version, though...

Can't wait for the next chapter adaptation. Rykell and Khan went against Aysilla while Phon covering Maybelle's eyes and blocked the sound. Maybelle tried to tell Phon that she's not really bothered with the violence and blood T___T , while Phon insisted that Rykell and the others wanted Maybelle to see and hear only the good things. In the end Maybelle keep silent and thanked Phon.
    (Claudel always told Maybelle about the unfortunate peoples who got tortured in Cyclamen's punishment room. And sometimes she heard screams. Ugh...)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  20. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 137-138 focused on Maybelle & Abel. I'll post the summary after both of them finished their business, and I really hope that Bellerophon won't die of jealousy lol..
    <His reaction to Maybelle's question about the oath and contract is very cute , After he assured Maybelle that the contract is safe and acknowledged her concern to Rykell's wellbeing, he murmured that he was jealous lol. Rykell's reaction to Phon's muffled sentence is also priceless>

To cut it short : Rykell told Maybelle to learn something before they departed to the capital. Abel was the one who could help her to learn so.... You can expect lots of tsundere moments.

The news : Poor Abel got friend-zoned, and Maybelle left him hanging because she couldn't answer who is better between Him & Phon.....
    <Maybelle is really clueless....>