Spoiler The magus era

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Artesia, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Artesia

Artesia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me if this review is 100% correct or overally exaggerated please :

The MC encounter powerful people befriend them and then left MC side. Seriously what's the point? appearing before MC and then after they leave MC is then put into a life and death situation.(This has became a copy paste so expect a lot of scene with this sort of plot)

MC meet a girl same age but much stronger than MC and the girls father was the ruler of there place, and made MC her man servant. And what happen next? They got almost annihilated. The prostrating part MC got blamed? seriously who is in there right mind blamed a 10 yrs old kid? at this point I already feel like not reading at all. Imagine after all MC effort saving the little girl when he return he saw his father got beaten up and his mother almost dying(its not really surprising since like I said the copy paste plot this is not the first time MC sees his father and mother got beaten)

After This the girl and the mysterious old man went back, Surprisingly not a single reward for MC! They just gone left disappear!

MC is always get cornered and often almost died.The obvious Enemy has never been punish, The father of MC always insist not to take action although he already know who the mastermind is.
    As a result they are cornered again.

They send MC to get help, I was like WTH!? mc is just happily traveling and encounter another random thugs and beat the crap out of mc?

You see it once, Twice and in the 3rd time it got annoying, Father and Mother got beaten badly, MC and family always got cornered. Plot please move on with the copy paste sitting!

The new scene where MC ask for help, I no longer look forward to it
    Reading almost 100 chapters of this with the repetitive scene which is like copy paste. Can you blame me if I don't expect anything new?

Mercy likes this.
  2. SecondRate

SecondRate Editor of The Magus Era

Reading List:
    Link
    The friends that the MC make leave, temporarily, because well...they have their life too. The most OP friends the MC made so far have been Po, Man Man, Si Wen Meng, and the first prince of Zhu Rong Country.
    Po leaves to meet his master, with the promise of coming back, Man Man and Si Wen Meng left for a period to sort some stuff out, and the prince has his own life, i would guess

Well, is xianxia style novel, so the MC gets naturally blamed. And the whole premise of the event was to kill the MC, so blaming him when he survived would be the next logical step.
    If you will read a bit further, this person hasn't, that you will discover the "real culprit".

The culprit gets punished later on, and this is a tribe-life story. The father sticks to rules. The culprit is a clansmen, so naturally he will not take action that could harm the rules and traditions of the clan.

The people he encountered were random, yes, but they attacked him for his treasure
    His Armour

I do understand why the person who wrote this found certain things annoying, but this novel has (so far i have read) no plotholes, or actions for no apparent reason. It is a well thought and well planned novel. The start is a bit confusing, but the stuff gets explained, when it is needed. For example, the concept of bloodline was introduced somewhere in ch6 - ch9, but the explanation was given in bits and pieces till ch 130'ish.

I may be biased as I am the editor of this novel, but I hope you will give it a try. It is worth it, atleast in my (somewhat biased opinion). Let me know what you think :)

Artesia likes this.
  3. Artesia

Artesia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you, I will take a look at it

SecondRate likes this.