Recommendations The male lead doesn’t forgive the mc

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by katofu, Jun 18, 2019.

1. katofu

katofu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Recently, I can’t help but get tired of seeing a similar trope in historical Chinese novels. For example, the mc’s soul transmigrates to ancient China. Then she takes on the body of someone who had an ugly personality and wasn’t favored by the male lead because of it. However, after displaying her quirky attitude and blatantly not wanting to be in love with the male lead anymore. The male lead begins to fall in love within a short time span completely forgetting her past. I can’t help but find it unrealistic, so I’m looking for a novel that does the exact opposite. The mc has a bad rep and has an “awakening” (doesn’t need to be a transmigration novel) that changes her personality drastically. She no longer loves the male lead and the male lead (although finds her change strange) still treats her as bad as he did when she had an ugly personality. He still doesn’t love her. From then on, their romance progresses slowly but not too slow if u know what I mean lol. Another option would be that the mc and male lead don’t end up together and instead the mc loves someone else. I hope that wasn’t too much hehe I’m not good with words but ty in advance for recommending any of ur suggestions! :)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  2. Delusion

Delusion Dark lord

Reading List:
    Link
    The CEO’s Villainess Childhood Friend - It fits most of your criteria other than the fact that it is modern. FL will probably end up with the better one instead of garbage ceo.

katofu and yorozuyaginchan like this.
  3. Gihn

Gihn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not exactly what you wanted but almost ! Try Lucia

katofu likes this.
  4. saekicchi

saekicchi (≧◡≦) ♡

Reading List:
    Link
    The Dreamer in the Spring Boudoir - a lot of readers dislike the ML as you can see from the reviews but I think he's just a product of his own society. I personally love the story but I have mixed feelings about the romance. :blobupset:

Eight Treasures Trousseau - their relationship is more business-like at the beginning. Plus points for ML 'cause although he hadn't confirmed the bad rumors about FL, he promised himself he would take care of his wife even if he couldn't love her.

katofu likes this.
  5. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    Transmigrator meets Reincarnator

6. Devil Heart

Devil Heart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    katofu and Chowderrr like this.
  7. yorozuyaginchan

yorozuyaginchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wife, you can't run away after Eating - Polyandry though

katofu likes this.
  8. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I love that one but that was more that he didnt care about the rumors one way or the other. One of the few genuine MLs who just dont give a shit about stuff unless they see it for themselves.

Yeah, TMR manages to do what OP wants in a reasonably light and amusing way rather than being a total tyranical douchenozzle

katofu likes this.