Spoiler The Man Picked up by the Gods

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Littleton94, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Littleton94

Littleton94 Lord of the Shadow trolls*shadow stalker*F5 sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Did they ever say why God had such a hard on for the Mc and put him through a trial just to cause him suffering

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2019
    Elisee and BookDevourer like this.
  2. kyoshijiro

kyoshijiro [Draugr] [Oniric Lord] [Disaster of a human being]

Reading List:
    Link
    No not yet. The gods of the fantasy world are investigating (and sight-seeing) so it will probably come up eventually

Tanhalevi likes this.
  3. OverlordPotato

OverlordPotato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Double thread post :blobcatcop:

4. BookDevourer

BookDevourer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. xtremeloldude

xtremeloldude the slime guy

Reading List:
    Link
    well i don't have an answer but a mild correction:
    he didn't have a hard on for the mc specifically. The gods mention that earth's god was stealing karmic luck (or something like that) from various people

Elisee, geckin and Tanhalevi like this.
  6. Littleton94

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you i was using the info from the manga so not very accurate story wise

7. Ixcez

Ixcez Intergalactic Xanthic Custom Error Zone

Reading List:
    Link
    Not entirely sure but the whole story was dropped and rewritten since the author wasn’t happy with it and had written himself into a corner so unsure if the manga/WN/LN that I read are still canon or not but as mentioned God was stealing peoples karmic luck which resulted in a bunch of ppl MC included having shitty lives. I do believe there was some mention or hinting with the theft having something to do with the demon god/lords seals.

geckin likes this.
  8. Caudyr

Caudyr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do not recall that last bit at all. Is that in the yet untranslated chapters of the rebooted series or something? After all, why would the god allow them to bring magic over if he was trying to do something for/to that demon king/god anyway?

My speculation on that front is that the god of Ryouma's original world MAY be doing what they're doing in the hopes that the person will be brought over by the gods of his current world. I can't really speculate on the reason why they would do that, though.

I'm really hoping that the following doesn't happen again in the reboot, though:
    The part with the Demon King's Fragment having a super long lasting effect that causes all his efforts to open up to others to go to waste by the time you see him again after the timeskip, which makes him relapse and basically become exactly like he was when he first met the Jamil household. I won't mind if the encounter with the fragment happens again...I just don't want it to take as long as it did in the original version to get rid of...cause that's where the problem lies.
    I feel like this is one of the critical errors that the author made in the first version that resulted in him writing himself into a corner.

I also hope there's some real romance this time around and not just hints at it...cause that's something the series really needs...and Ryouma freaking deserves it anyway, lol. Things have looked fairly promising thus far, but...only time will tell, I guess.

Also, it should be noted that the manga seemed to be following the reboot version of the series pretty faithfully, so while there might be some minor differences between the two in the end, it seems like there's not a big difference between the reboot/ln/manga at least (since manga serializations have a tendency to be based on the LN version at least).

Am_elf likes this.
  9. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was actually curious if (since some time has passed lol) the Reboot (before I dive into reading everything I can ) has shown real romance or the ability to well write ways out of said corner and into a better end.

10. Littleton94

Reading List:
    Link
    If I'm not mistaken I think there is just in the later story author was taking his time with everything

11. Caudyr

Caudyr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To answer your question...there's at least serious hints at future romance this time, and as far as I know he hadn't reached the point in the first series where he went to the place that had him encounter that demon king fragment or whatever. Hopefully he doesn't encounter it this time, or it doesn't have lasting effects on him...because that's the biggest mistake the author made in the first version of the story, imo.