Spoiler The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by theilikepie, Jun 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Regalia1896

Regalia1896 Lady Sagittarius of the Moonlight Procrastinators

Reading List:
    Link
    MC made a verbal "contract" with the Duchess: adopt her and she will dedicate her shadow powers to House Salvatore. The Duchess, who had been search for the "Dark Priestess"- I'm about what that means, but she was looking at orphans who had similar powers of shadows- agreed.

2. Neelambori

Neelambori Silent Passerby

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you, I understand about the contract but that doesn't make her a princess? Unless that actually has no meaning and it's just something to call her

QueenSara, angelhalo224 and Yukari_me like this.
  3. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly, (I assume) it's just an endearment or reference to her status as the doted-on (adopted) daughter of the illustrious Salvatore family. I mean, the staff adores her already, and Red Papa wants to kill suck rather over his s***y treatment of such a sweet Angel...

4. Lilylam

Lilylam Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think rather than looking for a child with the same powers as the MC, she was simply looking for a child who she believed could take over for her. The MC showing up with powers was an added bonus. I doubt there are any other child who has powers like the MC , the 'dark priestess' seems like something that can only come from the Speardo (I don't know if I'm spelling it right…) as the powers were what made the family special.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  5. TsukiSetsu

TsukiSetsu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do u think her stuff bunny would gain the ability to move?

6. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure look like it on the manhwa cover

7. yserieh

yserieh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Looks like it, she shows it to the souls in her shadows. They seem to like it.

Bella94 and morticia_addams like this.
  8. DLOB

DLOB Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now I can't wait for find out who's the prisoner that was interrogated by the Duchess and Bethrion, and what did he tell them in the raw manhwa chapter 23.

The feels in Chapter 18 though...
    :blob_teary:
    What's Hot Chocolate?
    :blob_teary:

9. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    A stuffed familiar? I can go with it.
    I guess the other who suffered before her are rrally happy she was able to break their 'sacrifice' cycle.

Latest release gives me rhe feels. Girl doesn't know what a pinky promise and a cup of hot choco! Who doesn't give hot choco to little girls!? I kinda feel bad thta I always had it especially at snack times.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2021
  10. PrincessBubblegum

PrincessBubblegum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoilers please especially on what happens to her biological family and any cute moments with her adopted family. Also if possible anything about the ml ❤️

Ang3Blue, blacksnow28 and Sasakira like this.
  11. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The height difference between Leslie and male lead looks smaller in the novel compared to the most recent raw chapter.
    [​IMG]

12. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe this is after she got all her nutrition and is growing properly?

Marie_0720, QueenSara, Nairne and 6 others like this.
  13. QuinNoteBook

QuinNoteBook Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah right!! All her nutrition was stolen by her exsis

Marie_0720, Tisk19, Yukari_me and 2 others like this.
  14. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally she was never given nutrition in the first place.

From the novel what exactly happens to that shitty family of hers.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2021
    Leilacus and Yukari_me like this.
  15. Silver Spark

Silver Spark Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can get raw chapters of manhwa

16. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    ferrelrose and lazynoodles like this.
  17. Lilylam

Reading List:
    Link
    For the recent chapter we see that Leslie is called an Genius (Of course she is, our MC is the best!!!!) but it seems like she was forced to study really hard with the tutor saying, "Miss Leslie's ignorance will become Miss Eli's ignorance." The tutor goes on to say that she will be supporting Eli in the future.
    I wonder what is exactly is transferred during the ritual for the eldest to gain power? Why would Leslie's father spend money on educating Leslie if she was simply meant to die. Does knowledge acquired by the second child also transfer during the process? Then shouldn't they treat Leslie better because the sacrifice's memory becomes the golden child's memory. They seem to spoil Eli so it would seem weird for them to allow Eli to have have such terrible 'experience'.
    I don't know it seems weird to me that they would invest in Leslie's education for no reason. They obviously didn't invest in her etiquette training so I doubt they actually meant for her to go and support Eli. They only had one child after Eli which means that they definitely planned to kill Leslie, unless they has another child that's trapped in a secret basement somewhere as a back up plan.
    Does it ever mention anywhere why they need to sacrifice their other children to activate the first born's ability? Does their ability manifest by taking a part of the victim's soul?

Another question, the dad doesn't have any powers does he. Is the dark priestess simply a women's role? Can males wield it? They could be called 'the dark Priest'.

I was re-reading the recent chapter and a bunch of question popped up into my head. I'm curious as to what you guys think and know about it.

18. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    As with most dark (haha) sacrificial magic, that's what I assumed, too: that sacrificing Leslie for Eli would result in other abilities/knowledge getting transferred as well.

I don't think it's memories being transferred (imagine their death memories getting transferred too, then the family would never do it). It's probably just potential -- like abilities, knowledge, and power. Mostly the power.

It seems like there's always a 'spare' child born in the family who has the power of darkness and is sacrificed to perpetuate the 'chosen' child's success. If there are other children, it seems like they're sacrificed along the way too. The power of darkness is also a kind of supernatural grudge, if you will. Leslie is rescued by her power and realizes it's what remains of all those children who were sacrificed like her.

19. Lilylam

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh that makes sense. They probably wanted Eli to spend her time socializing and building connections while forcing Leslie to acquire all the knowledge for her. That's probably why Eli is so much naive in comparison to Leslie, I originally thought it was because she was spoiled and young. Eli might be screwed in society now then; Leslie was learning things at a high level in order to prep Eli for her future... how many years must it have taken to accumulate all that knowledge. Now that Leslie isn't going back Eli will definitely have to cram.

I wonder how her family acquired the power in the beginning. Did the first dark priestess sacrifice her younger siblings for power on purpose or by pure coincident. It's rather particular that the child born with golden hair and green eyes are always the first born. What makes the hair and eye colour so important. Why is it that the first born always born with those features and the others are always born with silver hair and purple eyes.

Anyways, thank you for replying so soon!!!!

20. .littleshit

.littleshit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that the silver hair and violet eye are/were the traits of the 'datk priestess'

Lilylam likes this.