Spoiler The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by theilikepie, Jun 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Lilylam

Lilylam Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's a dark priestess trait, then wouldn't the blonde hair and green eyes be the actual trait? It seems like Leslie is an anomaly when it comes to powers. The silver hair and purple eyed children probably didn't exhibit powers and we're all sacrificed.

Maybe silver hair and purple eyes are an indication of their connection to the darkness. The Sperado uses the second born/third born as the bridge for the oldest to cross.

I wonder if the oldest was sacrificed then would the younger sibling get the power? Maybe the oldest is chosen because they display the traits that are important to the family. Those traits were maybe what the entire family had and the changes occured due to their magic. Of course this is based on the guess that the family originally didn't have this power but instead gained it later on.

On a different note why did the family have three kids sometimes? The first is the golden child, the second is the sacrificial lamb, and the third? Pregnancy and birth isnt the easiest thing… I wonder what could have made the mother agree to have another when they already have one at home? It seems like they want Leslie to learn for Eli's sake. I wonder if gave birth to a new child because the 2nd one couldn't fulfill their standard? Then wouldn't mean all those children were geniuses.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    Volublekoala965 and Yukari_me like this.
  2. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s not the first child is special and the second is not. It’s that the child with blonde hair green eyes is special and the silver hair purple eyes is the sacrifice, right?

Lilylam likes this.
  3. Lilylam

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, what makes the first child special is that they are born with blonde hair and green eyes. I assume that the eldest are usually born with feature because they mentioned that the sperado family has a high deatg rate for the second and third children in the family.

However I guess it doesn't mean that the oldest is always born with those feature.

Yukari_me likes this.
  4. InTheEther

InTheEther Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What I got from the translated chapters is that the powers of darkness is a family trait, but it doesn't awaken in everybody. A green-eyed blond will definitely have their powers awaken, but I think there's also an implication that the ability's degrading down the generations? For some mystical reason a green-eyed blond is generally followed by a child with purple eyes and silver hair, who will have a strong tie to the darkness but the powers generally don't awaken. Assuming here because MC's sister's powers awakening seemed to have been the inciting incident where the father went "welp, time to throw MC into the kiln". Also, the dad seems really excited at the idea that MC's powers have awakened afterwards, and the possibility clearly wasn't part of his calculations before the failed sacrifice.

The sacrifice is because (using arbitrary numbers here) say both children have powers of 15/100, but they've only awakened in the eldest. Younger one is thrown into the kiln and the powers are magically transferred to the oldest, giving you 1 child who can actually tap into their powers at a 27/100. Maybe it used to be that the silver-haired kids were weaker than the blonds, so from a evil-bastard point of view they were better used just boosting the abilities of the more skilled and talented heir.

But in the secret family book it states that about 20% of the power doesn't transfer. With the speculation that MC's learning would have also transferred with the sacrifice, the power of darkness may be closely tied to their experiences and personalities. So that 20% is tied to the children's suffering and regret, and are either hopping down to the next sacrificial child or just hanging out in the kiln. So when MC was thrown in maybe she was just lucky that they'd finally coalesced enough to be able to make the decision "No, we don't want this happening again." and saved her of their own volition. Her being so unbelievably powerful is because that 20% has been building up for a while. Using my previous BS rating of each kid being born with 15/100 on the power scale naturally, just 20 previous sacrifices would put her at a pretty 75/100. The family just never noticed the younger kid getting so powerful because they were killed before they could tap into them.

5. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm... what if the power of darkness is from the suffering of the family. You know, some story usually make darkness tied with evil, hatred, revenge etc. What if the power actually appear in family when some unfortunate accident happen and dark thoughts appear like "why this happen to us" etc..etc.. and the what if the sacrifice began with some pure thought of a younger sibling sacrificed themselves for their older one, and the older one in grief for their younger sibling, gained some boost plus the grief and selfless part for the younger transfered to the older. And as the times passed, the sacrifice part become soooo twisted. Although now there is doctrine to younger sibling to live for older sibling, there is a part of themselves who doesn't want to accept their fate as a sacrifice, that's why not all the power transferred to their older siblings, but accumulated ,accumulated and until Leslie, they grow more hatred to family and priorities more to their similar victim.
    and that's is just my theory:sushi_cool::sushi_cool:...

I hope there is someone who read the novel and kind enough to give use some delicious spoiler ;)

6. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya know, if the 2nd child never awakens their powers, likely due to being "sacrificed" (you have to value them for it to be a sacrifice, this is just abuse and murder) before having a chance, how could they know how much transfers?

Crazy theory : the "sister"'s traits assist with access to their power, but not strength. Where as Leslie's "sacrifice" traits represent a stronger source of the power (possibly even connected directly to the entire families source), but great difficulty in accessing it. the ritual would work as stated if it was a genuine self sacrifice, but should only be done in emergencies, Since they are basically treating the children "sacrificed" as little more then animals and forced them in unwillingly its effect were severely lessened and the resentment stayed and built up over the years as well by sacrificing all those kids they have been slowly breeding out their strength in magic by repeatedly boosting 1 generation at a cost to all future ones, and creating a block/clog/etc on the source of the families power.

Volublekoala965 and Lilylam like this.
  7. Ichigoisstrawberry

Ichigoisstrawberry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love the newest chapter :aww: finally anotner moment with the ML. He looked like a nice guys. He ate the cake with Lasslie even tho he didn't like sweets.:blobsmilehappyeyes:

8. LuneyLune

LuneyLune Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Newest chapter?

9. Lilylam

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, They have tea together.

During the chapter he remembers the first time he met her.

10. LuneyLune

LuneyLune Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you happen to have a link to the newest chapter?
    Also, thanks for responding earlier

11. Fran.2424

Fran.2424 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LuneyLune likes this.
  12. Ichigoisstrawberry

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i think lesslie father plotting something bad :blobangery: i dont translate that chapter so i dont know what he is plotting tho. i trying to translate it myself, just for the cute moment :blobpats: hahaha

Fran.2424 likes this.
  13. Lilylam

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. The chain scene was a dead giveaway. I hope he gets more than a broken arm soon because obviously he's up to something terrible. The chains look pretty ominous.

Eli looks like she's having some trouble with the prince… I wonder what's up with that.

14. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably because MC is not there to help her show off her nonexistent intelligence.
    Anyway I wonder who that blue hair lady is?

rock.doll likes this.
  15. Ichigoisstrawberry

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes! He deserve more than broken arms :blobdevil: i think that because the prince already heard the rumors about seperado family with salvator family. as I remember the ML butler said 'the girl in the gossip' or something like 'the girl that everyone talk obout' to refrence about Lesslie. Or maybe come to think about it, imperial family must already know about seperado family sacrifice ritual so they help them to hide that fact and gain something from their power. But in the other hands eli looks like she had not the gain power because lesslie had it now, so maybe she no longer useful for imperial family or the prince.

I had no idea who she is. But i think she is in the bad side with seperado family. I saw her at the chapter when the duchess and sir bethrion investigated the criminal.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2021
  16. Lilylam

Reading List:
    Link
    The blue haired lady is the Empress/Queen
    From what I remember she did develop some powers so she's not completely useless. Her family does also have a strong background so politically she's not exactly weak. Of course she's a complete hag in terms of personality....

17. clair17

clair17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From my tiny bit understanding of korean, it seems she is the queen/empress just because I notice that marquis called her "Your Highness" and I think the duchess already mentioned that the royal family probably have some connection with the Sperado to use Sperado's black magic.

QueenSara, ishrocks18, kiara8 and 2 others like this.
  18. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree.

I’m not sure in novel but in manga she has shown she has powers. However, they are incredibly weak. Pathetically weak. They planned to sacrifice the MC to give a power boost-lite to the terrible gal. Also I can’t help but they think of the MC like a usb drive. They download whatever they want to the MC to upload to that chick. What they didn’t consider was the MC got reformatted as high performance solid state drive.

19. Ichigoisstrawberry

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh yes you right, i completely forgot abot her power hahaha.

20. Lilylam

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay So I did a quick MTL on the two newest chapters. As all of you know MTL doesn't always make sense so I'm just going to the bare basics of each chapter:

Leslie is having tea with ML because she is going to be studying with him in the future. Leslie is nervous and doesn't know how to interact with him. The ML breaks the ice by asking her what she knows. The commoner theorist's name comes up and the ML tells her that he and Rueti became friends because of the theorist. MC gushes about the Salvatore family when ML asks her about them. MC asks the ML to call her by her name as she doesn't want to be associated with the Sperado name. When the ML is about to leave, MC is sad, and we see that the Dad has been watching the entire time.

After tea gathering ends, he returns home. While talking to his butler, he notes that Leslie doesn't suit the Salvatore family. She's like a rabbit in a pack of wolves and he laughs a bit at that thought. He then says something about deserts and asks his butler about it. He says that he would like to interact with Leslie more and that he shouldn't go to someone's house empty-handed. He remembers the first time they met, she showed an expressing of sorrow and tears. The second time they met she was shy and ashamed(?). The third time they met she smiled. He finds her rather interesting and is excited to see what other expressions she has to offer.

The Chapter begins with the Duchess and her husband talking. The Dad is still sulking about the fact that Leslie is going to begin studying with the ML. The Duchess says MC's power is dangerous and that studying with the ML will be safer. The Duchess then says she understand Leslie's hatred but worries about how deep it is. She thinks that no child should not hold as much hatred as Leslie does. The dad continues to be sulky about ML getting to spend time with MC. The Duchess then says ML is not a bad kid. The dad continues to say he still thinks its dangerous. He then says how he hopes Leslie can be happy and the Duchess agrees. During this entire scene the Duchess is writing an important letter... something about a trial. she hands the letter to the Dad after she finishes.

The Scene moves over to the Marquis of Sperado. He is interacting with this man. He becomes enraged as they talk about how his arm was broken. After their interaction he remembers there's a thing called child protection law. He wants to start a trial and plans to have Eli persuade the prince to help. He goes to get the creepy chains which is apparently a by-product of the sacrifices. It can protect those who wrap the chain around them from the power of Darkness. He plans to get back at the duchess and Leslie by summoning a trial. He believes that he will not only get MC back but also ruin the Salvatore reputation when he wins. He goes to see the empress, the blue haired lady, in order to help his case.

Again, this is machine translated so somethings might be off. I tried my best, but the English was too butchered up for me to understand at some points.