Spoiler The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen Who Will Become the Source of Tragedy...thread

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Silentstorm, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Ariawolfgar

Ariawolfgar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Hiiii!! Sorry to bother! I quite don’t get something in gilbert’s arc. So Pryde made the bet with Gilbert and waited 5 years to save his wife even though she already knew Arthur could save her? Or that jus happened on the original game? That’s just super wrong....

Fortunately it seems the manga is much more fast passed than the novel? It’s only been 6 chapters and we already are in the knights arc and Pryde is about to teleport herself to save the commander

syofiaa likes this.
  2. DarkeAOU

DarkeAOU Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For ease of reading, I differentiate game "Pryde" and reincarnated Pryde with the use of quotation marks. So if you ever get confused, look for that.

And yes, game "Pryde" knew that Gilbert's wife was going to die in exactly five years, and made the bet with Gilbert for that purpose. There's no way to know if she knew in-game that Arthur had the ability to cure diseases, because that knowledge only comes up in Arthur's route. So it's very likely that she didn't know.

In the novel, there are multiple reasons that our Pryde didn't tell Gilbert about Arthur's ability. The least of which was, Gilbert didn't ask Pryde. Gilbert asked Arthur, who believed his (Arthur's) ability was growing plants because of an incident that occurred as a child.

The larger reason is that Pryde didn't recognize Gilbert as the capture target in game, and therefore didn't make the connection. She did recognize Gilbert's name and position from the game (she thinks his name sounds familiar the first time they meet), but since the game's Chancellor Gilbert looked 100 years old, and the capture target Gilles looked 13 years old, she didn't connect her father's friend with either character. She doesn't actually recognize him until she overhears him talking about his wife's disease, and then immediately sets out to save her (resolving the issue in probably two hours, at most).

Our Pryde is a very good girl, so please don't misunderstand her. If someone is a member of her nation, she will absolutely save them. :cookie:

(I'm even a little sympathetic with the "Pryde" from the game...the two people who loved her--her parents--died/left her, Gilbert set the servants against her so she had no friends or allies, Stayle was too attached to his mother to dedicate himself to her, her fiancé Leon is a womanizer who won't even look at her, and then there's Tiara, the one who gains everyone's love just by breathing. And thanks to the Queen, "Pryde" has no idea how to connect with others, and can only depend on threats and slavery contracts to keep everyone from leaving her... that's our "villainess." :blobsob:)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  3. Ariawolfgar

Reading List:
    Link
    ohhhh that makes so much sense now!! Thanks for the amazing explanation!!! OFC, I really like Pryde that’s why in my confusion I found it super weird if she knew about Gilbert’s wife and didn’t solve it asp.
    If you remember any other good spoiler and Have the time to share. Please do! Oh for example how is Pryde’s relationship with the womanizer prince??

syofiaa likes this.
  4. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    Just started the Fiancé Arc, so I've only had Leon for two chapters so far, and the first impression is...not great. He was apparently such a womanizer that all the scandals back home made his father kick him out of the country. Which is why the First Prince of the Anemone kingdom is able to marry into Pryde's Freesia kingdom without trouble. (I'm still a bit furious that the Queen thought she was doing Pryde a favor by attaching her to "that." Did she really think that no one was going to love Pryde so much that she picked out a random playboy to dump syrup in her ears? :blob_catflip:) So yeah, Leon is mostly just flirting excessively so far, while Pryde panics because Leon is apparently the capture target with the most sex appeal, which is kind of...weird. Given the context. :blobunsure:

We did get a flashback about Leon's setting in-game. Apparently, "Pryde" locked Leon up in the castle just like Tiara, and had Gilbert perform all of Leon's official duties (so basically everyone forgets Pryde's engaged thanks to her warmongering). The only ones who've seen Leon since the engagement announcement are the servants who bring him food. "Pryde" goes up there every now and then to remind him that there's nowhere for him to escape to, and the only way he can live on is if he loves "Pryde" more than anyone else. So Leon basically becomes a misanthrope, with Tiara the only possible exception. And if Tiara goes down the Leon route, he turns into a yandere.

5. Ariawolfgar

Reading List:
    Link
    You summaries are great! Thanks a lot for baring with me! I kinda don’t like the mother AT ALL? Seriously for “the most powerful person in the kingdom” she is kinda dumb when it comes to Pryde. I’m just glad that this Leon doesn’t seem to be a solid love interest. I’m rooting for Styales or Arthur tbh.

Chocomint.bunny and Zeref_96 like this.
  6. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, I started out shipping Pryde with Stayle, but I can accept Arthur, Stayle and Pryde as a triad. (The story seems to support that relationship the most, too. So...looking forward to the threesome ending, I guess.)

Also, if no one has realized by now, keep in mind that Val is also a major character in this story. And if Leon was the character with the greatest sex appeal in the game, Val has the greatest sex appeal in the novel. (Val has already appeared in the manga--the lone dark-skinned person standing with the bad guys from the Knights Arc that Pryde noticed.)

So, after Pryde won Val over in the Sinner Arc, Val became this huge flirt to tease her (his hobby is making her blush). I don't think Val knows he's attracted to her yet (there is an age gap), but when he was accepting an engagement gift meant for Pryde from a foreign King, Val returned to the Freesia kingdom in one day, snuck into Pryde's bedroom in the middle of the night, and offered to elope with her? Because she was having a hard time with Leon's meaningless flirtation? And Pryde actually considered it, because Val not being a capture target means that Freesia won't be negatively effected if they both disappear from the story. And she made Val swear to take her in if Pryde loses her place in Freesia. :blobpopcorn:

I was literally screaming. Val is amazing. That was his literal first reaction to hearing that Pryde had a fiancé: travel halfway across the continent (in one day) to find out if she's happy with the engagement, and give her a way out if she's unhappy. The man put his card in with the perfect timing. If Val wasn't my favorite character before, he is now. :blobokhand:

7. Ariawolfgar

Reading List:
    Link
    well you see. Right there you have a BIG juicy spoiler hhahaha. Yeaaaah Val is super hot in the manga. Do you know is he died in the og-game??
    I don’t really mind the threesome I guess? Hahahaha Although I think Stayles may be the legal consort so to speak. Thanks for all this replies.

Zeref_96 likes this.
  8. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a while since I read it, but yes, I'm pretty sure that Val died in the game. (It's mentioned in the Knights Arc, so you should find out for sure soon.) Val was one of the mercenaries working for "Pryde," and Tiara and her love interest have to defeat/kill Val in every route before they can fight "Pryde." But you know, as someone who doesn't need a slavery contract to be loyal to "Pryde" in the game, I really like Val. It's refreshing to see a game flashback where "Pryde" isn't responsible for ruining someone's life.

Also, shock! Uncle Wes is in the Fiancé Arc! (As is the Queen. :blob_thor:)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  9. Lusine

Lusine 〖A little sweet, a little mischievous♡〗

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the spoilers :aww::aww::aww::aww::aww:

10. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobscream::blobscream::blobscream::blobscream::blobscream:

Update on Leon's background in-game...when the engagement is first announced, apparently it's only for a three-day visit, so if they don't suit, they can end the arrangement without trouble. Then the fiancé returns home, ties up all loose ends, and moves to Freesia after a week. That's the protocol.

Leon decides to have a happy marriage by hanging all over Pryde (in both versions), whispering words of love to her, invites her to his room to watch the stars...our Pryde stops him before he actually pushes her down, but game "Pryde" probably didn't. :blob_blush: Anyway, he goes home, but on the last day home gets lured out to the castle town and gets discovered the next day (I think) blackout drunk in a bar in the apparent aftermath of an orgy. The King is horrified, disowns Leon and exiles him from the kingdom, so Leon returns to Freesia, having nowhere else to go. "Pryde" tortures him for a week for betraying her, and that's why she locks him up...and why no one wonders what happened to him (he apparently had a breakdown and needed to seclude himself).

Just think...Leon was the first person to say they loved "Pryde" since her father died. And then this happened. She could have recovered. :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

Note: There were still rumors about Leon being a womanizer, but apparently the Queen and Uncle Wes went to Anemone to investigate and didn't find anything untoward (they thought Leon was a perfectly respectable prince). Gilbert thought the rumors marked Leon as a good candidate, since they were clearly signs of jealousy.

11. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, finished the Fiancé Arc (and the Small Party Arc), so here's the thumbnail summary for both arcs (will update old post to show this):

10 Fiancé Arc (chapters 128-166.1)
    Stayle and Arthur are jealous and concerned when Pryde's engagement with Leon is decided. Pryde attempts to solve Leon's poor reputation on her own, but eventually she recruits help to save Leon before the situation can escalate to public disgrace and exile. The engagement is cancelled, but the alliance between countries is stronger than ever.

11 Small Party Arc (chapters 167-173.1) - Filler
    Pryde throws a party at Gilbert's mansion and introduces her friends and family to Japanese food and sweets, with Tiara's help.

Now that I've had Leon longer, my impression of him is... he's got a lot in common with Pryde. Where she loves Freesia, he's just as obsessed with protecting Anemone. So they're better off as friends than spouses, because they'd have to merge both kingdoms to be happy. As a couple, though...no chemistry. Their relationship is too unbalanced.

Val was unquestionably the MVP of this arc. I love him.:blobrofl:

12. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    Next two story arcs:

12 Alliance Negotiation Arc (chapters 174-236)
    Arthur is promoted and becomes the youngest Deputy Captain in history. Pryde is finally able to meet the representative of the United Kingdom of Hanazuo, Cedric, and negotiate an alliance with Freesia. Cedric creates many misunderstandings but gains a valuable ally in Pryde, who raises an army to protect Hanazuo.

13 War Arc (chapters 237-344)
    The allied kingdoms fight to drive the invading force out of Hanazuo. Pryde's legs are broken while evacuating the injured from a collapsing castle wing, and Tiara and Cedric take her place leading the knights. The Queen signs a peace treaty between the Rajya Empire and Freesia, and sends Adam back disappointed at being unable to meet Pryde or Tiara.

Introduced here is the last (and main) capture target from the game, Second Prince Cedric from Sirsis (one half of the United Kingdom Hanazuo). In the game he was Tiara's fiancé, but in this story, his reputation in Freesia is even worse than Leon's. He's a sheltered, immature, narcissistic bro-con, and he even makes our Pryde cry. :blobpoliceangry: Leon, for all his faults, was only a flirt. The War Arc is half dedicated to making this child (Cedric) grow up.

MVP for this arc, by the way, is Tiara. You'd think Stayle or the knights would have been most protective of Pryde, but Tiara's the one throwing knives at the prince of another kingdom during alliance negotiations. She is so done with Cedric by the end of this arc. :blobhero:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  13. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    The next few story arcs... they're mostly filler, so no MVP this time, but the Val who propositions Pryde in front of Stayle, Arthur, Tiara, three guardian knights, plus the Knight Commander and his Deputy...his courage is without equal. :blobpopcorn:

14 Rest Arc (chapters 345-349.2) - Filler
    Colm and Alain's position as Pryde's guardian knights is temporarily suspended as penance for Pryde's injury. Arthur is offered a promotion to Captain of the Eighth Knight Corps for his performance during the War in Hanazuo. Leon takes Pryde and Tiara sightseeing in Anemone.

15 Celebration Arc (chapters 350-367.2) - Filler
    The royal delegation from Hanazuo come to Freesia to attend the upcoming celebration. Arthur and Stayle are suspicious of Cedric's attempts to make up for his previous behavior. Pryde is finally able to revenge herself against Cedric and celebrate Arthur's promotion with her cooking.

16 Birthday Festival Arc (chapters 368-390.1)
    Pryde attends her eighteenth birthday celebration with Stayle and Tiara. The Queen announces a new fiancé candidate system (to avoid a broken engagement situation like in the Fiancé Arc), and reveals that Pryde and Tiara have already selected three fiancé candidates for themselves. Pryde receives a large delivery of rare roses from Leon for a garden. Val takes revenge against Cedric for Pryde's eaten cooking. Gilbert investigates a change in Val's special ability. Stayle and Arthur speculate about Pryde and Tiara's fiancé candidates at Stayle's seventeenth birthday festival.

17 Unknown Story Arc (chapters 391-407) - Filler
    Val takes a vacation from the delivery business. Val encounters Sefek's relatives for the first time. Gilbert and Stayle crush a corrupt aristocratic family. Cedric asks Tiara to take him as a fiancé candidate. Arthur invites Harrison to join Pryde's guardian knights.

The brainwash arc is coming up next... :blobcry: It's going to be brutal, so please ask about something fun to distract me!

Available Fluff:
    - Tiara protec but she also attac :blobhero:
    - Stayle takes after Pryde :blobangel:
    - Arthur loves the other Knights :blobphone:
    - Stayle and Arthur friendship :blobhighfive:
    - Gilbert is too OP :blob_sunglasses:
    - Stayle and Gilbert bonding :blobowoevil_horns:
    - Val is repeatedly mistaken for a good person :blobnobully:
    - Val, Sefek and Kemet family bonding :cookie:
    - Leon is Freesia's greatest ally :blob_pompom:
    - Val and Leon friendship :blobokhand:
    - Cedric is useless in love :blobmelt:
    - Knight Commander Roderick is a father :blobReach:
    - Captain Harrison is the cutest in the world :blobspy:

Shippy moments with Val are also available to spoil (there is a lot). And like one scene with Stayle?

And if you want less fluff, I can share everyone's fates in the game. (Uncle Wes included. He apparently survived to the end, so.)

14. tk_10

tk_10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who does Pride and Stayle end up with? @DarkeAOU

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    Laluna2021 likes this.
  15. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    The story is still ongoing (it updates Monday through Friday), so at this moment, there's no way of telling. From where I'm at currently, Tiara's a day away from her sixteenth birthday (Pryde is eighteen), and Pryde and Tiara both have one year to narrow down their selection to one fiancé candidate. Tiara's choice is already a given (her other two choices were just placeholders and are both aware of this), but Pryde still has two real options and one fluff.

Tiara's fiancé candidates were the entire royal Hanazuo delegation: King Joan of Chinansis, King Lance of Sirsis, and Lance's younger brother, Leon.

Pryde's fiancé candidates were Stayle, Arthur, and Captain Colm, who's a member of her guardian knights. Colm is aware that he's just fluff, and only nominated because of Pryde's gratitude. At this point, though, Pryde is still thinking it's moot and she's gonna get exiled anyway, so she just nominated people she trusted.

Neither Arthur or Stayle are aware they've been selected yet (though Arthur's parents have been informed), though they do figure out Colm is a candidate very early on. Leon doesn't know he's been nominated yet, either (hence his proposal), or who the other two candidates are--his brothers think uncertainty is good for him.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  16. tk_10

tk_10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh! I can't wait until I catch up! Yes! Stayle & Arthurs are candidates! ❤️:blobsmilehappyeyes: Thanks for all of these spoilers! You're the best! :bloblove:

17. Ariawolfgar

Reading List:
    Link

Ohhhhh so who is gonna be Tiara’s choice?? You said so far that she already had a winner right?
    Tbh, I hope Pryde chooses Stayle. But I haven’t seen her relationship with Arthur yet.

yeeeeah could you spoil us the endings of the game??? THANKS A LOT FOR SHARING!!

18. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh...the game's ending? :blob_tilt: "Pryde" dies. The love interest overpowers her, holds "Pryde" down and kills her (somehow. Most aren't clear on that part). The only exception is the Stayle route. "Pryde" challenges him to duel her to the death, but when Stayle overpowers her, "Pryde" revokes his permission to harm her and orders Stayle to kill himself. So Tiara kills "Pryde" with a knife before Stayle can die.

The ending of the capture targets' game route after that, though...
    - If Stayle survives any route, he frees Uncle Wes from the dungeon (where Wes has apparently been since "Pryde" took the throne at nine, wtf)
    - Gilbert uses his age regression ability to make Tiara into a child, too, and they leave the castle to live on the streets. EDIT: that was actually Gilbert's route. His ending has Gilbert, Tiara and Stayle rebuilding Freesia together after "Pryde's" supposed death.
    - If Leon is not chosen, his younger brothers get him to come back to Anemone to save their country, which has fallen into a depression. If his route is chosen, though, Leon's love for Anemone leads him to annex Anemone into the Freesia kingdom so that he can help rule both peoples.
    - If Cedric's route is chosen, Tiara helps him take the Chinansis kingdom back from the Rajya Empire, which ends King Joan's grudge against him, and (somehow) cures King Lance's insanity, and then once the United Kingdom of Hanazuo is restored, he becomes Tiara's consort in Freesia.
    - I don't know ifthe end of Arthur's route is ever mentioned... probably he stops pretending to be his father after getting revenge against "Pryde"...:hmm:

Anyway, I didn't know that Tiara's future fiancé was in doubt, honestly.:blobjoy:

It's Cedric. Cedric declares his fascination with Tiara at the end of the War Arc. Tiara knows that she has to marry into a foreign royal family, and with Leon being off the table (as Pryde's ex-fiancé), she chose a different allied kingdom. The fact that Tiara fought in a war to protect Hanazuo probably also contributes. :blobhero:

Of course Cedric, not knowing any better, then makes himself an even more attractive choice by arranging for a position in Freesia, so that Tiara won't have to leave Pryde or Stayle after getting married to Cedric. She can stay in Freesia with her family forever, because that's where her husband will work.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  19. magstralala

magstralala Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for today’s spoilers!

in any case i am still actively rooting for a true reverse harem end because 1) Pryde’s badass and 2) I will be heartbroken otherwise.

20. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, you aren't out of line for thinking that way. Stayle and Arthur have a years-long agreement to share Pryde, and Leon has been trying (without success) to get Val to admit to liking Pryde since he and Val started drinking together (so, two years now). And almost every knight under 30 is at least a little in love with Pryde after she saved Knight Commander Roderick during the Knights Arc.