Spoiler The Most Loving Marriage In History: Master Mu’s Pampered Wife

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by bibi, Jan 29, 2019.

1. xiashenghan

xiashenghan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They make it like the male lead is some kind of monster who can probably "work" the whole day. Oh wait. That happened in one novel. They take a break to eat and what was it again? They "work" the whole week if I remember correctly. ‍♀️

2. kieranfortier

kieranfortier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah, that when the FL can’t move for the infamous three days. I mean... the ML basically cripples the FL!

AND they always lose their mind, because sex can brainwash people and lust can turn people dumb. OMG, I’m so bitter. (And again I remember the book ACOTAR and the shallow Tamlin).

The strongest female character I ever met was actually in a BL novel and she left me broken-hearted (I really cried a lot). She was not a shallow character even though she was not the main character (and usually women are horrible in BLs, which is not the case). The novel is “Earth is online” (not sure if there’s a “the” before) and it’s worth the time (it’s not really focused in romance, so the BL moments can be counted with one hand and the rest can be called bromance). I wish I could find a novel with a FL on the same level as this novel (yeah, my favorite novel of all times).

Anyway, I really need to catch up with the updates as I’m not sure about what Xinyi said to her cousin about HY when she gave him the poison to kill Xinye.

3. moonlitnight

moonlitnight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol! Exactly! Another point I find really annoying is, almost always only the ML is proactive, and even after being married for a while, the FL is always "annoyed" about sex. I mean really? Only exception I found was Trial Marriage Tang Ning.

Strongest female lead I found was Addicted Pampering You: The Mysterious Pampered Wife of The Military Ye. I am not sure if the translator has dropped it. I read raw anyway. There's a thread here about it as well. It's not a fully happy go lucky story though. She does not need ML to stand her ground. At one point IIRC ML even says that he thinks he might be defeated by her. She is kinda like black-widow.

Back to this novel, it's Xiaye and Xinyi.
    Xiaye - summer night
    Xinyi - heart (or something forgot what exactly)

can you remember which chapter is that?

On a separate note, I believe this novel will fall in ranking in coming days on webnovel.
    Mostly because it is less explosive and high profile than some of the other ones currently available.

I kinda feel pity for "The Beautiful Time With You" as well. Copared to YFY's other novels where I cringe at the leads, this one is much more normal.

jkumi7 likes this.
  4. kieranfortier

kieranfortier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I don’t remember >_< but it happens after HY sign the marriage certificate and the families are having a dinner. Mr Mu then send the recording of what happened at the time of the military school scandal (when Xinyi is talking to her cousin). I thought the translated chapter was out, but its not out yet.

Yeah, but I’m kind of, I don’t know, most part of qidian’s novel follows a standard, and it’s not really a compliment. I never managed to read one to the end. Too endless, too much nonsense, too shallow, too much the same. Its always at least one of those.

Wow, I didn’t remember “the beautiful time with you”, but seems like I reached chapter 142.

jkumi7 and Mangafreakspark like this.
  5. jamanovel

jamanovel Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone spoil what happened
    with Grandma Mu's death
    . Also what's the conspiracy with Gu Ling Tian/ Lingsia?

6. xiashenghan

xiashenghan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From the latest translated chapters. It looks like Mu Lingtian and Mu Lingshi were in an accident, thus the scars on Lingshi's face and Lingtian being dead. Mu Yuchen still blames himself over it. I just wish to know like you what really happened. It is frustrating sometimes at how Mu Yuchen can completely figure out Xi Xiaye but he's so closed off to her.

Tomifudge likes this.
  7. Nemo Tan

Nemo Tan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone say the connection between that woman in the car and Mu Yuchen?
    Was she MYC 's fiancee? Was MYC in love with her? Why does he want to hide it from Xiyae?

8. moonlitnight

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay here it goes (this Mu LingTian mystery takes up most of the novel)

Gu family is another very influential family. Gu father and mother(forgot her name) is known as perfect couple. Gu mother is very beautiful and influential non-chinese. Their love is legendary.
    However, Gu father had secret-relation with Mu Zixi ( MYC's aunt). He apparently never loved her. It was her one sided love. Mu fam had some dissatisfaction with her affection to Gu father earlier, so she never told them about her liking. This whole thing lead to the disaster. Later when Grandma Mu learns that Mu Lingsha and Lingtian's dad is Gu, she gets an instant heart-attack and dies.

Gu elder and Mu elder at some early time, thought of this child betrothal of Gu's daughter Gu Lingsha and MYC. MYC's mother was always very very opposed to it. Even Mu father was not up for it either. When MYC learned about it while growing up, he usually spent time either with his 2 buddies, and to avoid any interaction mainly stayed in Army. Gu elders were very upset with the fact that their precious grand daughter was getting ignored. Gu mother and GLS herself was hurt in their ego. Because every other men always fell for them, but MYC blatantly always ignored her. So Gu fam wanted MYC to spend some time at Gu family, and try to make it work. There were some business things going on at that time, breaking the engagement would put both fam's at disadvantage, mostly Gu's. To keep peace, MYC agreed to not break it at that point and wait.

At the same time both Qi Chen (Qi Lei's illegitimate older step brother), Qi Lei and MLT, all were in love with GLS.
    QC is preferred by Qi father from childhood over Qi Lei. QC's mother was the most preferred mistress in is slew of mistresses (he is the biggest scum in this novel aside from Gu father). Qi parents' marriage was arranged and mostly a business transaction. They always were fighting. It was only after her death that Qi father realizes that none of his mistresses interest him, his legal wife was the only one who made his life worth living.

Anyhow, because of so much competition, QL never confessed. But he was always the loyal puppy, and GLS took much advantage of it.
    When MYC was supposed to stay at Gu family, he didn't stay, MLT stayed instead, because he was in love with GLS and wanted to spend more time.
    Gu mother one night drugged GLS (i think) and prepared drug for MYC. But it was MLT there. Gu father got the clue and called MLT away with some excuse, because technically they are siblings. MLT before leaving called QC to stay over instead. So GLS & QC did the deed.

Both were in love. MYC wanted to lift the engagement, but GLS again talked about the business issue and told him to hold of for a while or some shit like that. After at one point, GLS goes to MYC's study to steal some important paper. She gets caught and tries to run away with QC. They know it's almost impossible to flee from MYC, so they enlist MLT's help. QC knew MLT was in love with GLS. He told him that no matter how much MYC says that he wants to give up the business for MLT and stays in army, because he is the biological son, only MYC will inherit Mu fam business. QC offers that once he is on charge of Qi Kai, he would help MLT get Mu fam business. Only then could MLT could ask the 2 fams for GLS's hand in marriage.

So with MLT's help they start to flee, MYC pursues. Gu mother has long figured out that MLT is Gu father's son. So she had an "accident" planned. But she didn't calculate that the same day GLS and QC would be with him. She never liked QC.
    However, when the accident occurs, MLT at the last moment, to save GLS covers the blow by his body. Last thing he asks GLS if she ever loved him. After he dies.
    At the time of the accident GLS was pregnant. Her fetal health is greatly affected. Gu father gets GLS and QC out of there, declares them dead, and sends them out of country in secret to get treatment. QC loses control of his legs, he regains it much later in the novel though intense treatment.

All these while only thing MYC really wanted to know what made MLT betray him. It takes almost 3/5 of the book for him to figure out why he was betrayed.

This novel is 1/5 XXY's story, next 3/5 MYC's story mixed with Gu & Mu fam mess, then it's 1/5 on Qi fam and QL, and in between there is stuff about MYC's 2 friends.

9. Nemo Tan

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler
    So long and good. So MYC is true to Xiaye. Is she his first love?
    Looks like QL truely loves Xiaye too or is he just trying to get revenge? It is said that Xiaye is more beautiful than GLS.
    I like this story.
    By reading the spoiler I think GLS was in love with MYC at first. Since he rejected her she started liking QF?

Tomifudge likes this.
  10. moonlitnight

Reading List:
    Link
    MYC's first and only love is Xiaye.

QL had a crush on Xiaye, but later she takes him as younger brother. They all become very good friend. He falls in love with another very powerful girl.

GLS had crush + ego issue + what is unattainable is better with MYC. But she truly loved QC. She had the baby instead of all the complications, and stayed by QC ready to die together.

GLS is mixed race. The way I see it, she is exotic beauty. Xiaye is more of oriental classic beauty. From the description I don't feel like one is more beauty than the other.

Darkness1989 and Nemo Tan like this.
  11. Nemo Tan

Reading List:
    Link
    When is father Xi going going to divorce evil Yue? Is it before the wedding? I thought he would divorce her when he got to know the military incident.

12. Nemo Tan

Reading List:
    Link
    I am confused. From what I understand from the spoiler that Xinyi loses everything. Han yifeng wants to divorce her. How come they are going to have a wedding?

Tomifudge likes this.
  13. moonlitnight

Reading List:
    Link
    After the Launch event that's coming up. Before Xiaye's wedding.

Tomifudge and Nemo Tan like this.
  14. moonlitnight

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the members was misspeling Xiaye's name as Xinye.
    Xinyi is not going to have wedding.
    Xiaye will have a grand wedding.

Tomifudge and Nemo Tan like this.
  15. Nemo Tan

Reading List:
    Link
    Launch event means the South River project launch?
    When does MYC get hold of Yueying? Will Xinyi become CEO actually even for a short time?
    Who is that person who calls her from an unknown number? Is it a detective she hired to find out about Xiaye?

16. Nemo Tan

Reading List:
    Link
    Do MYC and Xiaye ever say they love each other? Or only their actions show it?

17. Nemo Tan

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please say what happens to Shen Wenna? Does she become blind ? :cry: Why does she have to suffer because of father Xi s stupidness?

Tomifudge likes this.
  18. moonlitnight

Reading List:
    Link
    She recovers. Takes a while though.

Tomifudge likes this.
  19. Nemo Tan

Reading List:
    Link
    That's great. So she won't be able to see Xiaye in a wedding dress?
    I mean it won't happen before the wedding?

20. moonlitnight

Reading List:
    Link
    No she won't be able to see the wedding. She'll attend though with Papa Xi. Papa Xi will take care of her throughout. They reconcile slowly after she recovers.
    This story is neat but kinda realistic at the same time. There are imperfect moments, but it's logical. It would be too neat for her to recover so soon.
    Same goes for HYF and XinYi's ending. It's not neat, but it's realistic

Tomifudge likes this.