Recommendations The most racist and nationalist novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by KuroTheBlackSeraphim, May 6, 2021.

1. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... In my opinion, the difference is that in Daily Life, the author doesn't rub that fact into your face every other chapter. In Lord of Demon, you get reminded of the fact every few chapters. You have Japanese civilians pleading for a chance to become a Chinese citizen and Japanese politicians begging to be allowed to be merged into the Chinese Federation.

Though Lord of Demon is not racist per se. Just nationalistic? In the earlier chapters, you can see the MC helping a European girl (from a parallel Earth).

LollipoPReapeR likes this.
  2. God slayer

God slayer Retired God Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
  3. LollipoPReapeR

LollipoPReapeR Frequent visitor of the Yellow Springs Resort

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh that sounds super cringy.

And about the European girl... I think the keyword here is ‘girl’.

Greater thunder likes this.
  4. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, that.

MC is supposed to be a total ice cube, indifferent, or a calculating bastard who knows he is too weak to charge heroically to the rescue from whatever threat it is, but for some "inexplicable" reason, he will always save the girls. And it's never just a girl. Has to be emphasized how she is sexy or beautiful and never less than cute(and pitiful,lol) at least.

Menawhile, he never blinks when dudes die. Can see them getting ripped to pieces, infected by one of a million exotic diseases that are delayed and torturous death,......

But he will always jump to a woman's rescue.

My problem isn't with the act or women. It's the shove it in your face attitude the authors take and keep repeating such incidents repeatedly through the story and it just swaps who the woman in question is, how much she fell for him ( because it always happens in varying degrees) and whether or not MC develops attraction for her on regular basis aside from when "he just rescued her and could see her redness in the face, sweat trailing down her tit valley, her sweat smelling like roses" or some shit.

Just remember the annoying and unwanted romantic subplot in action movies and imagine reading it every 40-50 chapters or so through a novel that spans over 1 or 2k chapters.

Biggest offender of this I ever endured till the end (by skipping these parts, no plot missed and saved time) would be Illimitable Until Death.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  5. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... not really. I mean, I don't think he helped the European girl just because she was a girl.

In the later chapters, he was quite cold and indifferent to an English girl.

When I was reading this, I have never gotten the impression that he was trying to build a harem.

6. armad224

armad224 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-human-emperor/
    this novel is too racist
    I recall them calling black people -black monkeys-
    calling muslims moon worshipers
    insulting islam and it's prophet
    islam and mohammad are made to look as a barbarian who only care about sex and blood
    stated that the prophet of islam went after his son's wife and after a 9 years old kid

7. Aldnonymous

Aldnonymous Male Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And that's why it's my favorite, wait until he beat all otherworlder too, you are in for a surprise.

8. KuroTheBlackSeraphim

KuroTheBlackSeraphim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn that alot of people

9. Kamuizin

Kamuizin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    There are too many.
    Every Chinese novel (okay, with a very small number of exceptions) with a bit of modern day in it has the heart of a closet (sometimes open) fascist.
    I generally drop the open ones at a drop of a hat, so I can't tell you the most nationalist, but I'll tell you those that were really good, so much so, they actually offended me when they got nationalist
    Driver of the beautiful CEO - a most lovely novel at first, though it has its share of flaws that most others of its genre suffer from, it was still the (probably first) josei kind of novel that I genuinely was taken with. It had an interesting cast of characters and its own kind of charm. The things changed when the fire nation atta- I mean, then it got incredibly nationalist and I really didn't like that. It also started to look more and more chauvinist, though maybe it was always this way but I'd chosen to subconsciously ignore it up to a point.
    Mages are Too OP - very good adventure/fantasy that quickly got "for the party! For communism! Any people not from China are rasist and barbaric! And anybody who doesn't agree with us are stupid or evil" I was very disappointed.
    There was one novel about a guy being taken over by a system in a world where superpowers suddenly emerged. It portrayed Americans as racist capitalists who didn't care for their citizens, Russians as dictators who oppressed minor ethnic groups, and the Chinese as the only good nation.

The Japanese are very tame. They don't do racism in their novels, though they do sometimes act like their culture is the most incredible thing to ever happen to human history, with a Japanese food being the best and most loved thing ever showing up in pretty much every Web novel with a Japanese protagonist and katanas being used as weapons everywhere. But I don't think it counts as nationalist, it is only annoyingly and patronizingly patriotic.

A lot of Korean novels are pretty nationalist. At least, many don't shy away from hating Japan and all of her people. Though they are generally more subdued in blatancy.
    A good novel I read that was about a dude who could clone himself and push his clones to the limits with inhumane methods to grind skills and stats. Then there was a scene of this dude killing Japanese people, with the author taking the time to describe how hateful they were. I can't be bothered to search for its name but it shouldn't be hard to find

I don't know if it counts but:
    A lot of fantasy novels from a over the place are faintly human-supremacist. Even my favourite xianxia supreme soaring immortal pulls the despicable and dumb bald monkeys on some kind of pedestal, like they are favourites of the Heavenly Way.
    Another favorite of mine, a cannon fodder's record of counterattacks (Ning Shu) is also very human supremacist, with humans being treated like they are the smartest and most capable beings to possibly exist. As a Hamster and a misanthrope, I am very much offended, though I doubt this sentiment will find much support in this den of human supremacists.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  11. KuroTheBlackSeraphim

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Greenmachine835

Greenmachine835 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

Human Emperor-holy shit was it racist, nationalistic AF. The Great Tang Dynasty basically was always surrounded by enemies(everyone else-based off real countries.) Which we’re always degraded as lesser humans and he would massacre and try and kill “hu” the foreigners. The main enemy was the west and obviously he is a god of war and aimed to kill in mass all other civilizations as they are inferior to the “great tang society” So much worse shit oh man it’s horrible.

13. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And shows China as being flawed

14. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which is sad as I like MGE

15. KuroTheBlackSeraphim

Reading List:
    Link
    Keep em coming~~~

16. Grand_Rider_Iskandar

Grand_Rider_Iskandar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with this. If I'm gonna choose between writing about magic medicine vs real medicine, I'm gonna pick magic medicine every single time. I can make shit up with magic medicine but people will chew me up if I make a relatively minor mistake in real medicine.

17. KuroTheBlackSeraphim

Reading List:
    Link