LCD The Nine Cauldrons

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    same strength spread out on a larger arm = weaker sport car engine in a truck = weaker picollo got his ass kicked by goku when he enlarged, only Ji Ning has a divine tehique which makes him stronger with size, the others are just increasing their size without strength

2. voydom

voydom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Come on ... again you are missing the point. The larger arm has same weight, so same strength is just fine for it. And the strength is insane ... MC in TNC has strength of 100 ton. Do you really think that for engine that has a punch of 100 ton it matters if the 10kg arm is 1m long or 2 ? The difference in length is a blessing, giving wings to the strength. You keep talking like MC has trouble to bench press 100kg and will crumble under strong wind.

DorbenRS likes this.
  3. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    That makes sense, only he can be taller or lower by ~10cm, no way can he have an arm of 2m, that would be producing mass, he only manipulates it

4. voydom

voydom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now you are just repeating past arguments that were addressed before. If you grow in size and keep your weight, you don't need to produce mass, you can just lower density of your body. And the 10cm transformation is what he uses long term without any limits. The transformation he did in the underground place was short term, it was gone before a minute was up.

DorbenRS likes this.
  5. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The super hulked up version of the MC is his natural form. He's not creating mass to achieve that body, he's suppressing his natural form, and hiding his muscles using his insane body control, coiling them up and unflexing them I guess, to achieve the form people are used to seeing him in.

It's a magic world, I mean wine can increase your strength by like 10000 pounds, because of energy of heaven and earth. Clearly his strength isn't simply pure muscle power, he's had all kinds of mystical strength and "body potential" boosts as well.

The energy of heaven and earth is in a sense energy/mass being created out of nowhere. Magic and cultivation worlds already deny einstein's equation.

DorbenRS and voydom like this.
  6. voydom

voydom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, so far there are two obvious explanation for the giant form. One is the one you mention, MC's training super compresses his body to achieve the insane strength and he can use that to expand it to bigger form. That is in line with keeping the mass/weight/strength of the body constant while expanding the size, getting free boost to his power, speed and reach. It also connects to the basic transformation, he uses casually, as an upgraded version.

And the other explanation is the last training he was doing ... projecting his inner force outside and materialising it. He could either use just that to envelop himself in a bigger body, or combine the normal body expansion with this for a hybrid effect.

DorbenRS and BlackBlade like this.
  7. StampedingSquirrel

StampedingSquirrel Unstoppable Sciuridae

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, now I'm very confused... Here comes a long rant.

Chapter 181 (Book 4 Ch30) stated that Teng Qingshan's physical strength was 240000 Jin (240 thousand).

Now in the latest chapter, Chapter 230 (Book 5 Ch41), it said that Teng Qingshan's physical strength was "already over twenty thousand Jin and had reached a bottleneck".

Although the information may not seem conflicting, since 240 thousand is really over 20 thousand, but it seems to me that chapter 230 implied that his strenght was 20 thousand-ish, and not the overly powerful 200 thousand that was mentioned before, which makes me confused: what was his strenght?

And then, in the latest chapter, his physical strength tripled, which means that his strength now should be either 720 thousand jin or 60~70 thousand-ish (but it said that his strength increased by 100 thousand jin in one second)...

I hate when there are conflicting info or glaring inconsistencies, and hate even more when the inconsistencies are in numbers, which should be fairly easy to keep track of.

I don't know if this mistake is in the raws or if it was a mistranslation, but it is something that always ticks me off and breaks my immersion in the story.

Anyways, I decided to comment here because I could not bother myself to register in gt's website to comment there, since their website is too heavy and crashes every 20 seconds in my phone. Sorry for the rant. I'm not sorry, actually.

8. voydom

voydom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pity that he lost so much of the elixir and ppl learned about it. I imagine his goal in the future will be to collect all the cauldrons again ? But now I wonder if his sect can survive 2 cauldrons filled with emperor elixir.
    The translation of the last chapter is incorrect. You can look at mtl http://lnmtl.com/chapter/the-nine-cauldrons-book-5-chapter-41. In mtl it states that his physical strength was over 200k jin, that it was a bottle neck for MC's body, and the cold energy tempering helped break through the bottle neck and upgrade his strength 2-3 times. His current strength should be 400k-600k+ jin and with that he should be on the level of the strongest cultivators short of the ancestor level ones.

9. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the translation for the power of his body was wrong as well. The tl is usually pretty good, but they must've forgot his strength from earlier parts of the story. Yes in 1 second his strength increased by 100k jin at its maximum strength increasin moment, but he endured for longer than 1 second and it strengthened him for awhile at a slower rate.

Incidentally I think MC's body should give him some huge advantages in the emptiness realm and above.

StampedingSquirrel likes this.
  10. voydom

voydom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want his transformation to get scarier :) But more likely super strong body will let him create super big world inside of him in the end ?

11. voydom

voydom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to say I find it infuriating that nobody cares what MC experienced when he took the treasure. The inheritance of one of the 4 strongest entities in the world and nobody cares about the details, getting a few elixirs is enough for everyone, even the strongest sects. Maybe the emperor told MC the secret of immortal life ... fuck that, there is an elixir to grab right now.

12. StampedingSquirrel

Reading List:
    Link
    I think their plan involves first obtaining the solid and immediate benefits (the most elixir cauldrons they can get) and then afterwards capture Qin Lang and question him thoroughly. After all, if one sects decide to neglect the elixir cauldrons to go after Qin Lang first, other sects will benefit from the cauldrons (greatly increasing the sects' innate experts and sects' overall power) and you will be at a big disadvantage among the other sects in the future. If you grab one more cauldron of elixir, that's one cauldron of elixir less that your enemies have, so that's double the usual benefits. Qin Lang is not on the same level as the Golden Dan Innate Experts, so capturing him shouldn't be particularly hard for them, but fighting the other sects to steal their cauldrons forcefully after they already grabbed it, that is going to be a lot harder. In my opinion, they got their priorities right.

DorbenRS likes this.
  13. voydom

voydom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are groups with multiple ppl in them. If they wait with the chase after MC till the elixir fight is over, they won't get MC, somebody else will.

14. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    MC has stronger attacking strength than golden dan right now because he was strengthened. He's just slower than them and weaker at longer range, but his body is also much tougher than theirs. Chasing him is only smart cause he doesn't have a faction there to protect him and is a lone fighter. I think that will change soon though :)

15. voydom

voydom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the plan now is simple. The sect brought the emptiness realm powerhouse to the mountain and that was smart. Now they take those two cauldrons, hide the elixir content from one of them and go nuts with the elixir content from the other cauldron, everyone in the sect gets a drop. That way when the other sects come to get the elixir from them, they can just say ... we spent it all :)

16. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    My god, this last chapter was too much! I can't believe
    Lady Qing died! It was foreshadowed, but still poor Zhuge Yuanhong and poor Lady Qing. Her dream was so close to coming true :cry:

DorbenRS likes this.
  17. pothb

pothb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There goes harem!

18. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    They just pissed off an emptiness realm cultivator.. they had already pissed off Teng Qingshan beyond redemption. Qing Yu Island just really wants to die I guess, their death flags are flying high.

Even if they miraculously defeated Teng Qingshans sect after their heavy losses, they will lose so much strength the other big 8 clans could easily destroy them and split their territory.

19. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Qingshan should bait all the other sect to move and destroy qing yu island with his 2 cauldron. I bet it wont take much to wipe the floor with them with all the other sect there..

20. StampedingSquirrel

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. He should just say he will give the cauldrons to whoever brings gu yong and gu shiyou's heads. Then all hell would break loose (or has it already broke loose?)