LCD The Novel's Extra

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zethuron, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    I still feel for Nayun though.

If we saw this side of Nayun earlier on and with less of her spoiled/high pride side, I would have liked her more and definitely rooted for her.

I do like Rachel due to her personality, but if I’m going to be truthful, it pretty much nearly entirely because of Evandel.

autumnscarf, Jatron and Lonelycity like this.
  2. Jatron

Jatron Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It took Hajin a year to go from Low-Intermidiate to Intermediate with his Sharpshooter Gift.The original Master Sharpshooter was High-Intermediate so this is quite the upgrade.

So it looks like Hajin is better suited for bows obviously, but I'd like to see how much Stigma he uses per regular arrow. So far all we've seen is his 2 all-in arrows.

Jinhyuk was more right than wrong when he guessed Jesus there. It's quite fortunate that the only image he had of the killer was his unique tattoo, it's almost like a counter Deus Ex Machina.

Dextrity Gift is an obvious copy-cat from Overgeared. I imagine I'll be just as annoyed at all the mentions of his puss-slaying abilities as I was with Overgeared. Then you had sculpting that gives stats ala Weed. I'll drop the novel depending on how many liberties the IRL author takes with Dexterity. If in a few hundred chapters he's a master swordsman, midwife, and carpenter I'll have to say bye.

Co-author>Hajin if only because of all these BL storylines. Always appreciate Kimcest so the next chapter is looking good from the teaser.

Lonelycity, autumnscarf and Owlsystem like this.
  3. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how he's planning to earn SP if he's not at the school. Most of the main cast is there after all, and it's not like he's planning to become famous and get SP that way.

How did Nayun get info about Hajin's tattoo? And since when did he have a tattoo?

Um, he does realize that this will mean that Boss will be coming to him for stock tips from now on right? Or possibly even making him her (or even the guild's) financial advisor? How is he planning to handle that? Is he going to use the Book for it or something? If he keeps using the Book for stock tips and the information guild, then how will he have any Stigma left over for actual combat?

Am I the only one that thought he'd sculpt Evandel, and that Rachel would see it and misunderstand?

And thus, the Shin Jonghak x KH ship was created ;)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    an Innocent bystander likes this.
  4. Elkon

Elkon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was inferred that Nayun paid the investigator for information on her brothers killer, the tattoo is Stigma and I think that he is going to use guns on most of the CT missions and get SP that way, since it is not illegal to be a mercenary.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    And how did the investigator find out about Stigma without finding out his full identity? It would only have been visible after Jain's disguise wore off, so his face would have been fully visible and much more important than a tattoo, however distinctive.

Unless he's doing a bunch of high profile assassinations, it's hard to see how that would generate as much SP as staying in school.

6. philgreek

philgreek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While not the most solid explanation it is explained in the text in chapter 133 as being due to the high density of magic in the area and I guess a shiny tattoo was easier to spot compared to a face:

Given the power of Chameleon troupe surely he's in a good position to play a part in quite a few events that affect the main plot thus giving him SP. In chapter 131 he also states:

So the main story seems to be moving on from cube after he plans to leave anyways. I guess that could either mean a time skip was in the original story or the incident leads to a big change in the world as a whole that leads to the main characters leaving cube anyways.

Lonelycity, autumnscarf and Elkon like this.
  7. 1NEEDHEALING

1NEEDHEALING Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nayun doesnt know hajin have tatoo, iirc the one who know about his tatoo only boss and rachel (?)
    even jihyuk & yonna doesnt know about that. maybe they will know about it after school final accident
    it was his stigma, did you skip important paragraph?

8. Arca

Arca Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You all are forgetting that SP are not necesarely related to the main storyline, they are gained from "fame" be it good or bad, a simple example is when there were bad rumors about Kim Hajin and he was gaining SP. I think he will get SP after leaving cube by being a mercenary under the nickname of Fenrir.
    She does know about it, Kim Hajin said it while he was being dejetcted in a trip, just like how he said he used to smoke and Chae Nayun heard him, i just hope that when she ask him about his tattoo (which will inevitably will happen according to how the story its going) he will either use all of his stigma so the "tattoo" is different from the image or show her the wolf tattoo gained from Fenrir.

viprei likes this.
  9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I think I accidentally skipped 133.

Edit: Ah, so that's why the start of 134 was a bit confusing.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  10. 1NEEDHEALING

Reading List:
    Link
    ah right
    he has 2 kind tatoo, evandel wolf spirit and stigma

11. 1NEEDHEALING

Reading List:
    Link
    well his stigma glowing when he used it
    it would be obvius if they will know about it sooner or later

12. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    His stigma is a growing tatoo so it will be different later on

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Or, he could just get a real/temp tattoo placed on top of it to hide it's real appearance. As long as it wasn't in use, people wouldn't be able to identify it.

canaria23 likes this.
  14. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    That too

15. Owlsystem

Owlsystem Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I bet the author has an eighth grade syndrome and can not take the impulse to make the mc "cool", but he still wants to continue with the senseless "low stats" thing, and for that he creates different ways to avoid that restriction, when Actually things like "dextrity" should be reflected in the stats

16. Owlsystem

Reading List:
    Link
    The funny thing about all this is that of all the times that hajin used stigma nobody noticed that his tattoo was shining, only this time

17. philgreek

philgreek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His tattoo is usually covered by his clothes but in this case his clothes were burnt off when Chae Jinyoon went semi-devil which is why it was visible. Granted I would agree that considering where it's located you'd expect someone to have seen it before.

Lonelycity, Jatron and viprei like this.
  18. Owlsystem

Reading List:
    Link
    If the tattoo shines with an intensity similar to Fate's command spells then it should be noticed through the clothing, and it was also bright enough to be the only thing the detective could notice. Although I would not consider it a notable inconsistency, it is easy for the author to explain it if he ever sees the need to do so.

19. doroppu

doroppu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    KIM HAJIN, HAIRDRESSER OF THE RICH AND FAMOUS :aww:

Also, can we all give a warm welcome to Shin Jonghak, the MC's harem new member? :blobparty:

Lonelycity and autumnscarf like this.
  20. Qavsell

Qavsell Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    too late lol
    Yeonha's head gonna explode