LCD The Novel's Extra

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zethuron, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Bryce

Bryce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Except nayun doesn't love him back and sees him only as a pest

Elkon and EricBannen like this.
  2. Nyctophilia

Nyctophilia Pretend Don't Exist

Reading List:
    Link
    “My mother passed away while giving birth to my younger brother. My younger brother then died of an illness when he was 3.”

It's just me jin seyeon seem lying here and i think there's potential that kim hajin is her brother.

3. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unlikely she’s an otherworlder...

4. LWolf

LWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, Nayun, Nayun... you already know, in your heart, that you L.O.1.Z.X.C.E.#.@.ª.!.0.0.α - LOVE him... why resist?

That would be brilliant! (depending on how much of her backstory was actually thought of by Hajin it's not exactly impossible innit?

edit:
    was she? when was that explained?

Lonelycity likes this.
  5. philgreek

philgreek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice theory, definitely sounds possible. And if that were correct perhaps the person she's aiming to meet is boss (or Bell), considering their part in the assassination? Anyone remember how old Jin Seyeon is/how long she's been a high level hero?

Jin Sahyuk is the otherworlder (original main antagonist), Jin Seyeon is the divine archer. This is the issue when so many of the names are similar :p. (Unless Jin Seyeon was also mentioned to be an otherworlder? But I don't seem to remember that)

EricBannen likes this.
  6. Bryce

Bryce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think you mean kim chundong, not kim hajin

Lonelycity and Nyctophilia like this.
  7. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry I mixed up the names here between Jin Seyeon and Jun Sahyuk

So yeah....

The theory seems interesting....

8. autumnscarf

autumnscarf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Hero targeted in the Kwang-oh Massacre was named Jin Youngwhan. IIRC, the story says that Chundong's father was one of his subordinates, but there's potentially some room for error. If Jin Seyeon is Jin Youngwhan's daughter, that might explain some of the friction regarding why she was named Korea's Master-Ranked Hero instead of Yeonha's dad.

Plus Hajin and Seyeon both being sharpshooters would make things interesting if Gifts run in families. I don't think there's a lot of evidence regarding Gift types, though.

I like this theory that Chundong might have been Seyeon's little brother. Not sure how much it holds water yet though. It's still an interesting storyline if they both lost separate sets of parents to the same event. But, Seyeon might not be lying. She might have just been misled by her elders, given she seems pretty young as well, like Seung-ah's age or a little older?

Octam likes this.
  9. twinklecake

twinklecake Professional Freeloader

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Hajin made the sharpshooter's gift himself though. Although I suppose the initial perception gift can also be seen as related to sniping, even if it's actually a gimmick related to his status as an author.

Interesting that there have been no prominent sibling characters with gifts yet, except Nayun's brother whose gift is unclear. You'd think there'd at least be some badass twins or something. The only genetic link between gifts I can think of would be papa Yeonha and his girl both having electricity powers, and maybe Evandel and Rachel with their spirit shenanigans, though she's more of a homunculus than a biological daughter.

10. autumnscarf

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, and Chundong was originally a swordsman. The thing is though, the way he transmigrated into the story, he had to pick a weapon before he was allowed to go into chargen. Given he wasn't a martial artist or anything in real life, the gun was really the only weapon he had any experience with so becoming a ranged fighter was a sort of natural progression, especially combined with the amount of starting points he received. That is partially because he sunk a lot of points into luck, but had he not built that way, there's no way he would have been able to stack up to the stat monsters that were at the top the class at Cube or even make it to midlevel given his base stats were that of a mortal from another universe.

This is a CN-level of reading into a scheme, but if you circle back around to the co-author it's possible this is the sort of thing that was accounted for.

viprei, LWolf and Octam like this.
  11. Tzu Sun

Tzu Sun Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the Matt Damon reference originally made in Korean or in english ? Actually wonder if it's even a ref.

12. keialpha

keialpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jin Seyeon is much older, and has retired from hero career. And from Yoo Yeonha's investigation in chapter 178, Kim Chundong's parents are Kim Yoohon and Shin Yiyeon. There is no Jin in that family at all. So Jin Seyeon has to be adapted from youth, and is not from the Jin family at all. If you go that far, may as well say Yun Seung-Ah is Kim Chundong's relative.

13. autumnscarf

Reading List:
    Link
    The way that investigation is framed is that Uncle Yoo doesn't have a firsthand view of the event. They had to build it from scraps surrounding the case. That's why Yeonha says she is almost certain and that it's a prediction. She's probably right but the only person who'd be able to confirm is Boss, hence there still being some room for error.

As for how old Jin Seyeon is, I'm not sure Hero retirement has anything to do with age in this series. But I admit I haven't paid that much attention to whether her age has been mentioned. Not seeing anything on a quick search.

14. keialpha

keialpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are 86 people killed, and among them, a 9-month pregnant woman who gave birth to the baby on that day. How many 9-month pregnant woman can there be among the 86? It is not like you can hide something like that beforehand.

15. Ethess

Ethess The Optimistic Pessimist

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor Rachel.

16. Kuru-Kuru Phantasma

Kuru-Kuru Phantasma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Of course, I was a sharpshooter, and the excavation site was underground, but it didn’t matter all that much since I planned to add an ‘obstacle piercing’ attribute to my bullets."

Reported player Kim Hajin for using wallhack.

Elkon likes this.
  17. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm definitely starting to think that bell is either the co author or hajin from the future at this point

18. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow what a bitch. I hope our daddy Hajin comes in and punish the heathen who cheats and bullies Rachel.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  19. Nyctophilia

Nyctophilia Pretend Don't Exist

Reading List:
    Link
    “Thank you. By the way, what goal did you set?”

“….”

Jin Seyeon didn’t answer Shin Jonghak’s passing question. Shin Jonghak looked at her, tilting his head. Jin Seyeon took out her own Orb of Hope and squeezed it tightly as she muttered.

“Revenge.”

“…?”

“To take revenge. That’s it.”

Jin Seyeon’s wish was different than what Shin Jonghak expected. It didn’t suit her at all. Someone who’s so devoted to volunteer work wanted to take revenge?

This is the most i intrigued. Aileen mention why Jin Seyeon volunteer work rather than to kill a monster and In the Kwang-Oh incident the author didnt mention what year is starting to kill them and what year end that incident. After boss kill them Kim Chundong already out his mother womb.

20. ArautodaMorte

ArautodaMorte Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well from hajin ractions he problably likes nayun but i realy want NayunxJonghak in the end.

twinklecake likes this.