LCD The Novel's Extra

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zethuron, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Hold up, when did he use it to teleport?
    But I guess you're right on stigma being the obvious choice

2. Ethess

Ethess The Optimistic Pessimist

Reading List:
    Link
    "Suddenly, Stigma shone brightly, its blue glow leaking through my shirt.
    Immediately, the world seemed to turn upside down. As though the world was dismantled and then reassembled, the scenery distorted and changed. In the blink of an eye, I found myself standing behind Heuk Jeon." - Chapter 122

jbturkle, twinklecake and Dart like this.
  3. twinklecake

twinklecake Professional Freeloader

Reading List:
    Link
    People have seen Spartan with both his personas now, and they both display various powers that seem minor at first glance, sometimes overlapping, publicly. I'm not saying it's Superman/Clark Kent type of obvious, but given the level of information tech and the various people with info-gathering Gifts, at least someone should've realized it by now. Hell, just based on the fact that some people in CT are assholes who might leak information it isn't unlikely that a poweful figure might come across this secret.

Just saying, if the series progresses awhile without the Lotus identity becoming public (or an open secret) I'm not buying it.

Astaroth likes this.
  4. Dart

Dart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if someone's done like a comprehensive version listing all of Hajin's gifts and skills, and describing them. I honestly have forgotten about a lot of them ever since he entered the tower and we've been bombarded with new skills.

Astaroth likes this.
  5. Ethess

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  6. Diametric

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, I guess I forgot. Why does he never do anything that ever again? Especially since in the same chapter there's this:
    As far as I can remember he's not been using this 'idea imprint', up to the point that I completely forgot about it.

I'd claim that the author forgot, but I thought the same thing about homer's ring and tomer but he ended up bringing those back, and he even added the fermun siblings- who requested hajin's first mission as fenrir- to suho's party (and probably brought back other characters and items I haven't noticed if he's gone to that extent).

The only thing I can think up is that he's never been in a perilous fight outside of kurukuru and that wasn't suitable, so it'll be brought back when he needs it. Maybe the new stigma upgrade he just got will be a chance to remind everyone about it?

Dart, Astaroth and twinklecake like this.
  7. Bryce

Bryce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not with boss around they won't, also these info gathering people have been trying to figure out CT's identities for a long time now, and they still haven't succeeded so eh
    also, all the overlapping info different people have on him isn't really a problem in this novel world where misunderstandings are so fucking common just because idiots don't share info and just assume things all the time >.>

8. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    Gosh... Yeonha seemed so pitiful when she broke down like that.

9. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    I would love it if Yeonha informs their circle of friends that Hajin is dead and they all mourn then Hajin will walk in and be all like, "WTF?? I'm still alive." Then if ever Hajin finally gets home and disappears, they will all not believe that he's gone and be like, "He had done this before. He's alive...somewhere." while all looking at the sunset with teary eyes.

Yeah, I think I've read too many of these goddamn webnovels.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  10. BiGBaD Turtle

BiGBaD Turtle Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have a character of ( anime, manga) that they associate it with the characters in the novel,

For me:

Hajin: - Hei from darker than black

Boss: - Mikasa from aot

I don't have any for the others at the moment, I'm just interested in knowing what you think about my "imagination" ^^

11. Crushow

Crushow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm im wondering about chapter 238/239 where they are all so concerned about their lives. It was mentioned shortly before that only one life for every person is available, do they have to fear real death now or will they just be evicted out of the tower upon death?

12. Ethess

Reading List:
    Link
    They die. You lose all your lives in the tower and you die. Now it's just much easier for them to die.

twinklecake likes this.
  13. Diametric

Reading List:
    Link
    Throwback to 5 years ago in chapter 132 when hajin said
    I wonder if we'll be getting that any time soon...

14. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I shall quote Jin Sahyuk from Chapter 214

15. DoomedExpe

DoomedExpe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True, I agree with you on that.
    I'm pretty sure Jin Sahyuk knows that because Hajin killed Sahyuk with his bow in the tower. But yea now I think about it more I'm surprised people aren't suspecting Hajin as Lotus. Well probably a plot armourmor until author wants to reveal Hajin existence as Lotus to make things intresting.

16. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll cast my vote on that the author forgot just like all of us

Dart likes this.
  17. randomperson

randomperson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hajin has never shown any strong offensive power with a bow. Then general public knows he's a gunner and very skilled with a bow, but except the members of the Chameleon Troupe and Bell's gang, no one knows that he is capable of weaving magic power into an arrow that can destroy reinforced building with ease. They all think that his gun is more for assassinations and against weak armies of monsters. Besides the bet with Chae Nayun and the archery competition, Hajin has never used a bow in his Fenrir persona.
    Everyone thinks that Black Lotus is as powerful as Master-rank heroes. To the general public, Fenrir's gun is more powerful than normal, but it still isn't that powerful compared to the top heroes. It's mostly his skill in mass monster slaying that made him famous.

Dart likes this.
  18. Diametric

Reading List:
    Link
    The first time he ever used his arrow with stigma like that was in one of the cube exams in an artificial tower. It was in front of chae nayun, yi jiyoon and a bunch of no name cadets at the end of chapter 120/beginning of chapter 121. Nayun's reaction:

twinklecake likes this.
  19. randomperson

randomperson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot about that one. But even though it was powerful, he fainted right after he shot the arrow. Also, it was against a high-intermediate rank monster (he didn't even kill it, just got rid of its arm), not a reinforced building.

My point still stands. Hajin didn't show enough power with archery to suggest that he is Black Lotus. Remember, the first one Aileen suspected as Black Lotus was Jin Seyeon, the Divine Archer. People will suspect other famous/powerful archers instead of a gunner who barely uses a bow.

Octam likes this.
  20. keialpha

keialpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is this hunter Kim Junwoo from Vast Expanse that is always alone, a top ranker, and very little is written about him other than he is strong, and keep to himself. Why don't people suspect him to be Black Lotus? A lot of info is hidden inside the tower, with nickname and alias. It is not that easy to tell who is who.

Elkon likes this.