LCD The Novel's Extra

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zethuron, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Daily Prog

Daily Prog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh..I agree about liking Chundong part. Though I don't hate Hajin either, I thought Chundong definitely quite a good guy.. At first I thought he would be some sort of last boss considering his past, but he was surprisingly naive and kind, which was quite nice. I hope Hajin ended up stay in that world(since he have many connection and asset in that world) but I would like it if that was done without sacrificing Chundong either.

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  2. Dr_H_16

Dr_H_16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...man, after binge read this for the second time, I got the feeling that Hajin would get out of the novel at the end without his memory, then continue his novel.
    Really, the feeling was so intense that I began to doubt to continue to read this or not... Hajin just too average as the main character.
    Average as in Average Person.

3. Daily Prog

Daily Prog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well. that would be quite similar to Monster who level up, but stop reading in halfway would give a bad aftertaste, so whatever ending I would like to continue reading 'till the end.

4. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    That's exactly the point why he's there in the 1st place but whether he keeps his memories is still debatable. Also the ending of the monster who levels up is perfect for it cuz he wouldn't be happy otherwise.

5. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To our knowledge that is exactly who Hajin is, an average web novelist who was floundering with his story. Assuming the story ends at the same point he planned to end his novel (and let's be honest there's no guarantee of that with the current co-author) we're still only in Act II. This is typically where we would start to see some kind of growth in the main character, but I would not expect to see major changes until the middle of Act III. I do expect something game changing to happen at the end of Act II that will make Hajin question his preconceived notions and set him on a path to grow as a person and to no longer be average. My personal guess is either something related to the Monster King in Africa, Hajin realizing he was a sucker buying the partial devilization ability, or Hajin no longer being able maintain his emotional separation from everyone (which most likely would only happen if one of the female leads dies or gets turned into a devil).

As for the ending, while I concur it screams that at the end he'll be sent back home to finish writing the novel, I'm thinking that might be too obvious an answer. The author had some nice twists in a Monster Who Level Up, and there's a number of different directions the author could easily go to destroy this outlook.

6. Ogagon

Ogagon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, this story mistakenly makes us believe it's about Humans, Djinns, and Devils, but actually it's about dogs, cats, and wolves.
    I mean, there's no other explanation as to why every female character can find our mc just by his scent.
    Unless his armpits are sweaty...
    Right?

7. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    So it seems jin seyeon knows hajin's relation to the kwang-oh incident- this also explains why she approached him on the oasis floor and claimed to be his fan to get close to him. The question is why does she care? Maybe she just wants to let him know out of the goodness of her heart, but I wonder if she's looking to get him to work together with her to get revenge.

8. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Not exactly. She was trying to ask him about the incident in his guise as Black Lotus. She knows that the Chameleon Troupe of the past was involved and she's hoping that the new Black Lotus might have some information even though she knows that he's not the Black Lotus at the time of the incident.

That being said this isn't the first time she's tried to get him alone in his Fenrir persona. While it's possible that she might be aware Hajin is a survivor of the incident, it's also been hinted at that she wants to learn more about his ability with his gun.

Astaroth likes this.
  9. Diametric

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason I think she knows Hajin is related to the Kwang-Oh Incident (as Fenrir) is because hajin comes to that conclusion himself (that said, Hajin is hardly known to be a master logician).
    The way I follow Hajin's chain of logic here is:
    -Jin Seyeon wants to be alone with me
    -Jin Seyeon asked Black Lotus about the Kwang-Oh Incident
    -I'm related to the Kwang-Oh Incident

Then either:
    -Is Jin Seyeon also asking me about the Kwang-Oh Incident?
    -If so, Jin Seyeon knows I'm related to the Kwang-Oh Incident

Or, with that taken as a given:
    -Is Jin Seyeon also related to the Kwang-Oh Incident since she's asking about it so much?

With regards to her simply wanting to know more about his gun and her actually just being his fan, while it could be the case, I don't think her character is as simple as that.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    iBakax3 likes this.
  10. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like at this point we should just assume that Hajin's logic is horrifically flawed and completely wrong unless he's basing his conclusions on information he's gotten from using Stigma, information provided by Yeonha, or he's catering to the likes of Characters he's written.

11. Ethess

Ethess The Optimistic Pessimist

Reading List:
    Link
    [Miraculous Teahouse that Suddenly Appeared One Day] still sounds like the title of a light novel to me.

12. Diametric

Reading List:
    Link
    Even so, if you follow the logic in my previous post it does seem pretty likely that she knows. Other than being his fan, there's not really any other reason for her to approach him like this, and Jin Seyeon doesn't seem like the type of person to get starstruck like that.
    It's also not that hard to figure out he's related to the incident- all you have to do is look at the date he was brought to the orphanage and see that it lines up perfectly. Hell, even chundong who was rank 900 and had a 300 million won debt managed to figure it out and if Jin Seyeon was looking into the incident it's not unlikely that she would know about the missing baby or that she would happen to see some kid was admitted to the orphanage right after the Incident.

13. Enken

Enken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeonha best girl

Daily Prog and UnknownSaint171 like this.
  14. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    lol Aileen the dwarf~

And Hajin's being fought over

15. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s surprising that Aileen wanted him in her team.....

16. gazelle

gazelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish hajin stays and makes a harem. Thats a happy ending for me. Since hes an average author, going back wont make him happy -so hard to earn money, his life in his story is good. As for Chundong, losing an extra wont mean anything. sorry for my bad english, reading all comments about hajin going back make me post my opinion. ;P

17. philosopher17

philosopher17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the author exaggerated Nayun's dumbness a bit too much this time.

UnknownSaint171 likes this.
  18. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about that... I mean, I dislike Nayun but linking

1)My Grandfather just killed a devil
    2)The person I'm searching for is researching on Devil

To conclude
    3)My brother has been devilised

is kind of far off

19. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    it should be
    1. My brother's body is missing
    2. The person who did autopsy on my brother is missing
    3. That person said he has the devil's body
    4. My grandad killed a devil
    Not sure why we need point 4 cause we can already see the connection on point 1-3

Elkon, GrimVeilRule, jbturkle and 5 others like this.
  20. Jatron

Jatron Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She did it to end the argument that was costing them time.

Lonelycity likes this.