LCD The Novel's Extra

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zethuron, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure if his 'past generations' thing is a time loop. From the name and the fact that he said Sahyuk could have his gift I think it's related to possession.
    As to the nitty gritty details of why he wants Sahyuk to kill him if he wants to escape his possession, I think it'll be related to his deal with Baal or there will be some kind of special interaction between his possession thing and his mana body regeneration thing if someone can kill him.

Edit: there was also this:
    And how he seemed related to Jinyoon's seed. It's unknown whether the sacrifice he's talking about is Jinyoon as the devil seed or Sahyuk/Boss as a possesion

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  2. an Innocent bystander

an Innocent bystander Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think bell was shin jonghak’s grandfather. They said he was a returner.

3. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bell is evil hands down, there is no question about that with the actions he has taken. However let's not confuse good/evil with whether he's aligned with demons trying to demonize the world or if he's the final boss. Those are entirely independent of each other. What we know for sure is that Bell wants to die, has been trying for a while, and has a scheme to pull it off but he doesn't appear to be 100% of his success. We also have no evidence he gives a flying fuck about the fate of the world or anyone in it. He seems to be annoyed by Hajin changing Boss not because Bell cares for Boss, but because Hajin's ruining a pet project.

Originally I thought Bell was related to Baal by his interest in Baal's death, but now it looks like that interest maybe the fact that something could kill a demon when supposedly demon's couldn't die. At the end of day, Bell is selfish and seems to only give a crap about what he wants at this point. That means that he will ally with anyone and everyone that could possibly accomplish his goals and likewise break those alliances immediately if they no longer suit his purposes.

My personal prediction is his final plans to get himself killed will trigger the final boss fight, so I definitely don't feel he's the final boss.

Ethess likes this.
  4. Shino Miya

Shino Miya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sahyuk the Punching Bag ~lol

lunarshadow likes this.
  5. Shino Miya

Reading List:
    Link
    [“At this point, you probably figured out where I’m going with this. I’m Baal’s incarnation body. I only have six months left at most. In six months, Baal will be born in my head.”] yeepp, Bell = Baal so it's just a 'Pun' hahaha

6. Diametric

Reading List:
    Link
    So is Bell just lying to Sahyuk about the deal with Baal then? Because if Bell wants Sahyuk to kill him then I'm assuming the devil seed is going too

7. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Or 40 minutes later I can read the next chapter and Bell claims to be related to Baal...

And oh look another moment when Hajin says something that's obviously the reader's comments about a plot hole and author has Bell wave his hands and say some gobbledygook to make the plot hole seem intentional.

8. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm assuming ORV is Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint? If I'm correct Dokja isn't much better than Hajin. Also the further in you read the worse that novel is. At least Novel's Extra can be easily followed.

This most recent chapter has been one of the best ones in a long time for me. I was thinking about when this novel started to go down hill a little in terms of quality but it was hard to pinpoint. Then I thought about it a little and realized the only person to actually die is Hajin but he came back to life. I think some of the cast should have died along the way up until this point to be honest.

Hoshiandme likes this.
  9. Diametric

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you talking about his ultimate skill? Because if you are then that was very clearly planned from the start... You think they wrote in Hajin being unable to kill Bell to fill a plot hole? No. If Bell knew Hajin could kill him then Bell would just ask Hajin to kill him instead of doing it the roundabout way with Sahyuk which will be a whole minor arc that couldn't be rewritten on such a short notice for the sake of one plot hole.

10. Hoshiandme

Hoshiandme A Wandering Star Who Watches From Afar

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m talking MC wise, the MC in ORV actually accepts that he can’t do everything alone, and strengthens his allies in the best way and the fastest way. He may still be like the puppet master in the background still since he hasn’t directly said anything. But he’s earned the trust his friends have in him.
    While the MC TNX is a rather self centered asshole. He knows he needs to protagonist and everyone else to get Strong, but he doesn’t do it actively. He just slowly, SLOWLY pushes them. And for some reason, even though he said he needs them to save the world and everything. He is still doing everything by himself because he THINKS only he can do it and doesn’t even try to get help. Like gods, I’m just saying I rather dislike Hajin as an MC.

And I agree with you. Some of the cast should have died long ago. But Hajin is protecting them every single time so there isn’t a chance for them to grow. It’s like holding your kid’s hand while they learn to walk for 5 years. This boy ain’t doing anything right. He’s pathetic.

11. randomperson

randomperson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hajin is able to kill Bell. Using Stigma, the God-slaying bullet and the Devil Slayer authority, Hajin is able to annihilate the existences of devil and steal their powers. We saw Hajin gaining the hand of the devil Plucas, and his authority also absorbed a part of Puharen's power after he kill him in the tower fragment world.
    Bell never saw Hajin using those powers. I don't know why he didn't see it in Hajin's memories, but it could be hand waved as Bell only had 10 minutes and didn't see everything.

12. Shino Miya

Reading List:
    Link
    at least i hope that Hajin ask Bell about the reason why he killed the former CT boss (^~^)

13. Diametric

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah Hajin almost definitely has the capacity to kill Bell if he uses Setting Intervention and Overclocking, but Bell doesn't know that (that's why I said "If Bell knew" instead of "If Hajin could"), and Hajin didn't go that far back when they 'killed' him. That's why it's not a plot hole.

14. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    Hajin could also kill bell by using co-author favor but it's a waste.

15. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    The plot hole was Bell having an ultimate skill. The waving away part of it was Bell saying that he didn't really die in the tower cause he's part of nature even though Hajin got credit for the kill in the tower. That is the plot hole.

16. Diametric

Reading List:
    Link
    Except Bell's power is a big part of his character and probably the upcoming arc(s). It's not something that could be written in to fill a plot hole, especially since this 'plot hole' only existed since a few chapters ago.

Edit: also, I don't think it ever even said he got a reward from Bell, anyway.
    I skimmed through the chapters after he 'died' (ch.186) and it doesn't mention it.
    The other time he killed someone was Sahyuk (ch.179) and he only got a notification from his smartwatch then because of Sahyuk's 'target' ability, which he reversed on her due to his luck.
    He wouldn't have gotten an alert for killing Bell, and he probably wouldn't notice the change of tp or lack thereof due to stressing about Boss and because he was rich and didn't care.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    julesrjs likes this.
  17. Midnight2630

Midnight2630 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so when will Hajin use his [Fate] ability again? he have 10 or so slots but only used one of them so far...

18. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When he needs it of course. Hajin never need it most of the time anyways.

19. Shino Miya

Reading List:
    Link
    i bet that he will use one for the bastard yeonjun

20. Shino Miya

Reading List:
    Link
    my fantasy went wild because hajin would train sahyuk for 6 months and bell said that he would let sahyuk belong to hajin. i should refrain myself to watch that kind of story *sigh :oops:
    edit: from the teaser we can conclude that AileenXGyeong going smoothly :cool:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019