LCD The Novel's Extra

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zethuron, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Hoshiandme

Hoshiandme A Wandering Star Who Watches From Afar

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s true. But its not like we get chapters solely dedicated to him. Every female so far has gotten their whole like arc and shit.
    He may have started off as a 2D copy paste in the original. But he’s 3D now, and can be given more life. It’s just never focused on, it’s pathetic.

2. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    The other characters are 3d because Hajin actually wrote them well, not because they changed after the novel turned into the real world.

Suho is 2d because Hajin wrote him as the ultimate pure voice of undisputed moral goodness.

3. DevianT

DevianT Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    —Quadruple Baseball Bat Swing!
    —Kyaaak!
    —Quintuple Baseball Bat Swing!
    —Kyaak!

Seriously, please upgrade your naming sense since you will shout out loud... Whoever watch the replay will felt cringy AF too :/

Soosoo likes this.
  4. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    302-309 stacked up :blobpopcorn:

Anything decent happening these past chappies?

Paps likes this.
  5. zack0000

zack0000 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so Hajin's nickname is Extra7, so there are Kim Suho, Shin Jonghak, Rachel, Yoo Yeonha and Chae Nayun. Who is the six person that is considered the main cast?

6. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the 7 comes from his op luck stat and 7 being a lucky number.

Your idea would be cool too though. The next most important people from the start of the novel I think would be Yi Yeonghan (Suho's friend), Yi Jiyoon (gossipy girl with support gift, not related to Yeonghan afaik), and Kim Horak (Shin Jonghak's lackey who fought Hajin once).

7. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Boss.
    Boss!
    Boss!!!

Shino Miya, lunarshadow and Diametric like this.
  8. randomperson

randomperson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yi Yeonghan.

From chapter 2:
    What was likely planned in Hajin's original novel was having these 6 characters as the main characters, with Yi Yeonghan as the best friend character.
    But Yi Yeonghan was quickly relegated to a side character in the same chapter, with no mention of what weapon he picked. He showed up here and there in the Cube arc and even joined Creator's Sacred Grace along with Suho, but he didn't even get a proper fight scene. Even Kim Horak got one against Haijin.
    I don't even think he showed up in the Tower of Wishes arc. That's how unimportant he is.

9. Shino Miya

Shino Miya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nobody care about kim horak, imo
    and author never mention him again after school arc but at least Yi Yonghan still has a scene on the ToW

10. randomperson

randomperson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was trying to show how even though Yi Yeonghan was supposedly a "important" character, a side character like Kim Horak was given more details as a minor bully villain.
    Of course, neither of them are important to the story. Its just that in the beginning, the author told us Yi Yeonghan was an important character, and did absolutely nothing to show it.

11. twinklecake

twinklecake Professional Freeloader

Reading List:
    Link
    It was also even more full of those contrived misunderstandings and forced drama that feels like a drama my grandma would watch.

Draksil and UnknownSaint171 like this.
  12. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well that was a horrifically boring chapter today. The only even vaguely interesting piece of info in it was that residents of the Tower Wish can descend to the real world if they have enough energy (already solved) and get through the Monster infested 9th floor. I'm not even going to pretend there will be an action scene for this since the author has obviously come down with severe allergy to writing them. I'll be curious to see if he can avoid writing an action scene with something more creative then:
    *A Wild Aileen Appears*
    *Kills everything in 0.01425 seconds*

Empty21 likes this.
  13. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor Poor Rachel.

14. Empty21

Empty21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The author really does an amazing job in doing setups for a fight, like the devil in Jin Sahyuk kingdom, or the assassins that came for Hajin or recently the girl who has the same level of master shooter skill all of them got me excited to see what's going to happened but no the author either decided to end it in one shot or bring in someone else to do the work for Hajin and ugh what a stupid reason to end the fight with that archer girl who almost killed him the author used the most cringy reason "He knew my name so I won't kill him and I won't kiddnap him to ask him how he knew I will just let him go" fantastic job author.

15. Shino Miya

Reading List:
    Link
    But, Hajin has taken a revenge —Quintuple Baseball Bat Swing! :blobowoevil::blobowoevil:

16. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Author: Have I traumatized Chae Nayun enough? Nah. Ok how can I traumatize her more.
    Author: Aha I know let's have her randomly dragged into a memory that Hajin is currently exploring! From there we can have her find out that her grandfather is a murderous swine and he hire assassins to kill Hajin's family all without having any way to defend against the mental damage. Been saving this trauma trump card for too long!

While I'm down with learning exactly what happened with Yi Yeonjun and how he's manipulated everyone, I can't say I'm on board with how the author has decided to do it. Oh well, at least it should be entertaining to see how Yeonha misinterprets what's about to go down.

Empty21, Kefi, Draksil and 2 others like this.
  17. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... the instruction was insert magic power, not god-omnipotent power into the USB.

Yabu, lunarshadow and Diametric like this.
  18. Shino Miya

Reading List:
    Link
    another reunion? :facepalm::facepalm:
    well, i'm HajinXYeonha faction, it's alright :blob_sunglasses:

19. Draksil

Draksil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Hoshiandme
    I agree, Kim Hajin is probably the character I sympathize with the least of all I've read. The only reason I don't want him gone to Syncro, is because I don't want Evandel, Boss, Rachel and Yeonha to be hurt by his disappearance. So frustrating to see him letting all the misunderstandings continue, and never doing anything about it. When the misunderstandings contributes to his plans, okay, I can better accept him being a dick to the people he's supposedly "friends" with, in order to try and save the world. But in the case with Yeonha last time, this is a case where Yeonha, one of the most influential people in the entire world, believes Hajin is still working against Chameleon Troupe. Why would you want Yeonha to think that doing things that are bad for the group you are basically vice-leader of, would be a good thing? This misunderstanding is only for the novel-plot and makes no sense whatsoever

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    UnknownSaint171 and Hoshiandme like this.
  20. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm going to guess your luck is just trolling you and 1500 of your not-so-closest friends.

Author: I'm not sure if I'll be able to traumatize Nayun as much as I had planned. Let me dial it up a few notches!

Oh and Nayun. When you noticed you couldn't logout, maybe, just maybe you should have oh I dunno, SAID SOMETHING? You my dear girl are almost as stupid as Hajin.

Soosoo likes this.