LCD The Novel's Extra

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zethuron, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah mate, it doesnt show up on the front page of NU, nor is it a full chapter. It's called a teaser for a reason...

2. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't change the fact that it is released by the translator and happens immediately. As far as I am concerned, teasers are fair game in "latest chapter" because they are available for all to see without needing to read the original

3. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Teasers are just subscribe bait, I've always closed the chapter after reading.

Should know better than to expect romance from author anyway with what happened to Monster Who Levels Up. He'll bait a bunch of girls into chasing him then pick one for a bit while stringing the others along and then disappear from their life like it's supposed to be a tragic ending.

Empty21 likes this.
  4. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, they are, but in this case, I just wanted to know exactly what was in the teaser :) The author is a jerk to keep doing cliffhangers for the chapters in this manner. It's like he is desperate to keep interest and this is the only way he knows.
    I actually fully expect this novel to end just like what you described. It would suck, but I stopped trusting in good endings and good writing sense of every LN and web novel author

5. Empty21

Empty21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What does Hajin really think of these people? they are literary created by him.

UnknownSaint171 likes this.
  6. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think so. We've seen the romantic feelings develop from Boss' angle even if she doesn't understand what they are.

Then there's Rachel who is the blood mother of Evandel, Yoo Yeonha, and the big character of Nayun whom he's been actively pushing away and avoiding any confrontation. The Love Room ticket Nayun had been holding that would ferry only them away to an isolated location was used as a bullshit device to get Hajin and Sahyuk to Orden. Speaking of Sahyuk, she's also been making pushes to monopolize Hajin as well as actively gloating in front of Nayun about it. Yet to see whether that's just being a possessive bitch of a king that doesn't want others to have what she considers hers, or for a budding love reason.

Meanwhile, the only insight we have about how the character himself feels were from the mirror or magnifying glass shit dozens of chapters ago. He got swept up in the mood with Boss in this chapter, each of the girls has an instance which they could latch on and say "because he loves me."

7. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't this exactly the problem? A bunch of girls fell for him and he has been running away because he views this whole world as some sort of game and everyone in it is basically an NPC. He has been avoiding mingling with everyone, and spectacularly failing at that as well. But he was determined not to be romantically involved because he is working towards returning to his world, which should happen not too long from now, in his view. I mean, yes, the Hajin-Boss relationship was getting set up, and we as readers know that it is possible that he won't return, or that the Boss might return with him. Or whatever else can happen. But Hajin, who was dead set on not having romantic relationships is now going for one. I guess it's a character growth in a way. But through the novel he always was a hypocrite, always saying and doing different things.

8. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hajin is not a god. He wrote the story, but he definitely did not create them as in, brought them into reality. We still don't know what this world is and how it came to be. As far as anyone is concerned, they are real people. Even if he did create them all, they are still real people. Even if we will find out tomorrow that the whole world is a computer simulation, it is questionable if they aren't real people. You would need to define what a person is to tell that they aren't. And from their perspective, they are pretty much alive and real. Hajin has no justification thinking it's all fake and nothing is real or treating them as NPCs

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  9. Miserys_End

Reading List:
    Link
    This is nothing but a construct made from Hajin's novel. Whether the Co-Author created a world for them to exist in, or if it's an opium dream akin to Alice in wonderland makes little difference. It was built for the expressed purpose for Hajin to finish his book.
    As for the women, first he felt bad for his creations, and now that guilt has manifested into something he didnt expect. Will he truely fall in love with any of them, I doubt it. Atm he refuses to let himself because he expect to go back to his world. So he has been holding his feeling to the level that they are his children or beloved pets. If conditions change and he truely is stuck in product of his fantasy, then all bets are off. Hell, we wont even know what will happen when Sahyuk tries to upserp his possession of Kindspring and bring his old personality back to the surface. Personally I'm hoping the Hajin soul will be ejected and Kindspring will go back to what he was before classes started at Cube. Hajin can then either pick up a new body in the tower of wish, or from the demon merchants.

10. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We have no way of knowing why this world exists. Or rather, the universe. Because it is established that there are many worlds in existence in the novel, outside of Earth. Unless it is established that Hajin is literally hallucinating, then this world is just as real as any other and will continue to exist independent of Hajin and his novel (after the novel ends, the world won't just disappear. And it also existed prior to the events of the novel). So yes, it makes little difference how this world came to be and what it is, everyone there should be treated as people.
    And as far as the novel goes, I am pretty sure it was solidly established that Hajin fell for the Boss. Crystal of true feelings showed affection, and not father-daughter affection. And the latest chapter showed progress, so love or whatever it is atm - he got it.

I actually like the end you described. I didn't think of it. Might be one of the better options to end the novel.

11. Miserys_End

Reading List:
    Link
    There are many types of affection. Anything from Familia to lovers to those shared between close friends. Honestly I feel the spyglass would have shown much the same feeling for the other heroines he is close to. Also remember, despite not being the main character of "his" novel, he is a protagonist like entity now that the co-author has put him here.and that includes all the pluses and minuses that entails.

12. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, it is true, I think that if the intended meaning was something like affection towards a sister, a friend, or similar, it would not display the words affection and longing, and instead chose something else. Perhaps friendship, liking or care, or something more neutral would be used.
    In addition, the feelings of Hajin were slowly changing the whole time. He constantly grew closer to everyone. I just wish his growth was shown better, not with some truth magic.
    I am not sure where you trying to go with him being a protagonist. Did you mean to say he needs a harem or that he has some responsibility for others? I mean he is a protagonist we read about. But from the very start he himself was doing everything opposite of he wanted. He wanted to be alone, let all other stuff happen the way he has written, stealthily help the plot to go on and then leave. What he did is made a harem, got a daughter, started personal relationship with the main villain (Sahyuk), got involved in everything there was to be involved, and totally changed everything he was able to about the original heroes. And not a peep about the end of the world so that everyone can prepare. Not a very good protagonist

13. Miserys_End

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh, but he is showing affection to the characters he created, and longing to go home. I also think the author made the emotions displayed by the spyglass intentionally vague so there would be easier for misunderstandings to develop... the masses are easy to sway if you give them what they want and ot means something entirely different. xD Authors can be bastards like that lol.

There are certain cliches that happen around almost all protag. Women fawn over them. They have an arch nemesis(some times more then one) that will start growing in power and interfere in their life. They will be able to amass the power to defeat their enemies either directly, or indirectly. Even if they try to avoid the plotline the plotline somehow twists reality and they are right smack in the middle of what they just tried to avoid. And many many more. These cliches are almost a constant in any fiction where the plot isn't about the MC being the whipping boy so the audience can get off on their suffering.

14. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The description of the spyglass said "feelings towards the user", so he has to feel affection and longing towards Boss. In addition, since he went for the kiss with her, I am going to go with love here, and not the love towards the character he created. As for the authors being assholes and displaying things they don't mean or trying to play it as something else - that's true, it does happen often. But usually turns out to be bad.

It's true, protagonists usually do follow a set of cliches. And I don't even mind cliches as much as them done poorly. Wanna have a harem? Go for it, but at least write it properly. Wanna develop romantic feelings between characters? Don't just develop them for no reason. Chae Nayun and Boss were fully justified in developing feelings for Hajin, on the other hand - Rachel and Yoonha weren't. At least not at the place in the novel where they did. Also, Nayun fell for him way too fast. I am going to say that the only woman that got proper development for the romance was Boss.

15. moridin84

moridin84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically

- Boss is the real ship
    - Chae Nayun is the bad breakup than turns into a friend
    - Jin Sayuki turns into just being interested in Kim Hajin's "original". Chu-whatever
    - Yoonha was just a mistake
    - Rachel is uhh, Rachel who basically. She hasn't had any meaningful interaction with Hajin for ages. Or even with the plot.

16. jheno13

jheno13 Snub

Reading List:
    Link
    Yoonha is a misunderstanding not a mistake...

17. Fosk91

Fosk91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A bit of an off topic question: i was thinking of starting to read this novel again (i put it on hold roughly at the start of the tower arc, mainly because for a lack of time, and never came back to it), but seeing the number of chapters and that it is korean, does it look like it will end soon? If that's the case i'd rather wait and binge read everything in one go

18. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hard to say, I would have originally said there's only 30ish or so chapters left, but the author has been sidetracking himself hard on things that don't progress plot or character relations. But the way the author is struggling it also wouldn't shock me if he just ended it as quickly as he could.

UnknownSaint171, Kefi and Fosk91 like this.
  19. Fosk91

Fosk91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ok, thanks. If that's the case i guess i'll wait for the ending

20. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    the Kim x Kim ship is sailing again!!!

Paps likes this.