LCD The Novel's Extra

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zethuron, Jun 7, 2018.

1. mirzakeehl

mirzakeehl Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for extraordinary kind soul who could share the next few chapters ...... This cliffhanger really made me wanna commit the neck rope

2. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s happen to Li Qiye so much that it’s annoying lol

3. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I just want it to end already, it’s like prolonging a painful death lol

philosopher17 likes this.
  4. CockyBrat

CockyBrat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The world seems to be really dumb in this novel.
    First they let an Organization HA be more powerful than any nation. Seems like the nations don't have any say in important decisions concerning the world
    Then they let the HA give some heroes 'the nine stars' the authority equivalent to an international investigative agency so that they can ally together. Nothing could go wrong right they seem like cool guys. No need to be worried about corruption or power abuse.
    But after everything is exposed the nations designated the Temple of Justice which is a part of the corrupt organization to be the investigators in this case because their leader seemed okay.
    They still don't feel the need to take care of these things themselves.
    And the HA is not like the UN which is a intergovernmental organization where the nations still have the power.
    The HA is more like a military organization with few people leading it and without anyone being able to keep them in check.
    I think if a world is really this dumb they somehow deserve to be betrayed and shouldn't be surprised about it.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    Sea Dog likes this.
  5. Thousandswords

Thousandswords SWORD OF PENETRATION

Reading List:
    Link
    I knew that the author would do this, but nobody believed me...

UnknownSaint171 likes this.
  6. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one that didn't like how the author made MC use a gun as a weapon in the novel? I felt his reasoning was stupid.

Sea Dog likes this.
  7. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the reasoning is stupid for many more things other than choosing a gun in this novel

Sea Dog, Lonelycity and philosopher17 like this.
  8. Not Red Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    True but the reason for using a gun made me shake my head since he said a gun doesn't need a instruction manual and just needed a click.

But this was the only choice I had.
    I couldn’t use any close ranged weapons. Even if Chundong was talented in one, I didn’t want to participate in close ranged combat where blood splattered everywhere
    . So mass killing doesn't bother you?

9. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it is technically true. To shoot a gun, you just point and push the trigger.
    And I guess he just didn't want to dirty his clothes with blood? :D

10. Not Red Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    Sword and other weapons are just as simple though :blobcozy:, Just my feelings since I never like gun protagonists in novels like this since it's a cop out to me.

11. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the idea here, I guess, is that you actually need to have a technique to use a sword and other weapons. Since it's a mele, you will actually face resistance and will have to fight the opponent. It's not that easy. Where in range combat all you do is shoot. And if you compare the ranged weapons, a gun is the simplest to operate and have other advantages, like the amount of ammo you have, the ease of carrying around and such.
    I mean it was done on a whim, and maybe that is also was the point, to show his character at that time.

12. Not Red Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    Being able to make any gift chapters later seems to make his initial decision useless. He knows guns are very weak since he wrote the story yet still chose a gun, understandable that he didn't know he can make gifts so picking a gun is semi feasible. I for one wouldn't pick a gun if I was him since it's weak without all the work he put into it, I rather spend that work/time on another weapon even though I'm semi skilled with a gun.

13. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    While it is frustrating at first, I started liking this arc more than the Baal arc. I was hoping the author would go the "extra" route where the MC will slowly integrate into their lives as an extra and with time remember him little by little. Instead the author just distanced him completely and then everyone just remembers him and rushes to his location.

It seems kind of weak and anti-climatic.

Well, to be fair, the MC admits his novel premises was 3rd rate. Even the co-author says his novel sucked but only thing he can deal with.

Though some aspects may make sense, for example, giving the 9 stars power of an investigation agency could be possible. As with most people, they don't start out corrupt. So often times they may make decisions that are spur of the moment based on idealism, not realizing it will come to bite them as power begins to corrupt them. Now normally with time they would get rid of these powers, but since the 9 stars were pretty much dying and stayed out of politics with exception of 1 who lacked all emotions and just did things logically with no greed. They simply left them be.

That said, if one had to look at what is more ridiculous then HA having that much power, its that the nations mimic the ones we have today after the incident. Because let us be honest, as we saw order was completely destroyed, it wouldn't be surprising if new nations popped up. Even if we talk about coincidences of it just happening this way, Korea which has become the strongest nation, are they really fine with such a small land despite their strength? You'd expect them to own the entire east coast by now (north china, east Russia and Mongolia).

But again, their whole premise is flawed, something Hajin admits.

14. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno, It's been so long since I read the first chapters, I don't remember all of it. But wasn't he planning just being a side character or something anyway? And well, why do you think the weapon you pick would be any better than what he picked? In some cases the weapon choice seems just retarded because of the other things in the novel (like the mc has great strength and speed and would obviously better with a sword), but here it's not so obvious. In addition that "make any gift" thing actually allowed him to make the gun useful. I don't think he ever wanted to have another weapon and was pretty happy with a gun. I mean he could actually make a gift for something else and replace the gun if he wanted to, no? Also, the gun turned into his trademark of sorts. The gun choice reason is not that bad overall. There are just so many more idiotic things about this novel, dunno why you hung up on this one

15. NewToThis

NewToThis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fuck you author, fuck you!

16. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You must be new as your name is :blobcozy:

17. raysha18

raysha18 [Blank]

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do i feel like the author pulled the same shit like in his previous novel, "a monster who levels up". All the girls gathered in one place to live happily ever after without any closure. Though he did vaguely pick boss. Heres hoping that the side stories will add more to the ending.

18. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the author has a case of 'No Woman, No Cry'

Just a guess tho :p

Not Red Yet likes this.
  19. Not Red Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    Well that ending was..... side stories may be decent but I have no hope.

20. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the ending wasn't as shitty as I feared, but still weak sauce. So much potential in this story wasted. Oh well, I'll just pretend this novel only has the first arc.