LCD The Novel's Extra

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zethuron, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Ingenuity

Ingenuity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aether can take the form of any weapon, so it's not a big issue, jus tchange its form. It's even better if it's a weapon he's never had access to or purchased before, so there's no way to link it to him.

2. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    He's going to frame someone? That's a thought...get rid of someone who's dangerous by framing using Aether.

Edit: obviously by having Aether enhance a sword or spear, so that an attack exceeding the norm can be done, as if attacked by a person with a sword or spear skill...

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Ingenuity likes this.
  3. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He was a lot more confident and chatty. A look at his text logs and the various security cameras' footage would show this, as would talking to his classmates. I expect that he was also showing off his new power level in class, so the sharp spike in his performance would also be suspicious.

bbctheory84 and Ingenuity like this.
  4. Ingenuity

Reading List:
    Link
    I wasn't exactly thinking of framing someone, because if it's a particular person they need to have a definite motive or it won't be possible. If he goes for a specific person, they'd also have to actually be a djinn, which admittedly isn't too hard since he know of some of the scenarios. The hard part is killing the brother at a time when the djinn will have no plausible alibi for where they were at the time of the murder. It would be much easier to just make it look like the work of a djinn than to frame a specific one. Of course you may be right and he could try to frame someone. Have to acquire all that SP after all.

5. Ingenuity

Reading List:
    Link
    True, but this could also be looked at as him having awakened to his gift in dire straits, like Chae Nayun did. Having this happen would definitely boost ones confidence and likely affect the way they act. Such things would likely have happened in Cube's history before, so from the viewpoint of characters who don't see things as the readers do, it would be perfectly reasonable. It would in fact make the MC seem to just be slandering Sven out of jealousy if he had claimed he was a djinn on that little evidence.

Of course, with the attack that has happened now a character could have the knowledge that he was a djinn and understand the sudden change that way. Before this however, the odds were so small that it's not the first place your mind would reasonably go to or consider, even if it had been suggested to you that had happened. Without knowing Sven's mentality and personality in depth, it's just to unlikely a scenario to immediately consider.

For the record, I completely agree with what you've been saying. I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Which is why he didn't out him as a Djinn earlier. The chattiness and confidence are just supporting evidence to reinforce their story about him being a Djinn.

Ingenuity likes this.
  7. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it certainly helps if you know the future. 20/20 Hindsight would make even Clouseau a stable genius and the best detective on this part of the galaxy.
    [​IMG]
    I just hope the protagonist gets more curve balls thrown his way.
    If he knows what is going to happen all the time, it will get stale fast.. well at least for me

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    This isn't really about seeing the future? It's about proving that the person that was killed was a Djinn. It's purely a matter of justifying the past.

It's already been made clear that he won't be able to tell the future forever, and that the events he expects to happen may have been altered. It's also pretty clear that his "co-author" prefers more bloodshed and difficulties for the characters than he does, so there's a good chance that the plot will start diverging heavily long before they reach the hiatus marker.

Though, your comments do bring up an interesting possibility. What if he were to tell people (eventually, not now) that he was actually reincarnated from the future and had been trying to prevent some horrific tragedy etc., etc.? It would get him tons of SP and explain his weird behavior and future knowledge without breaking the setting.

bbctheory84, Paps and Wujigege like this.
  9. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    My line of thinking was along the lines of a Devil May Cry- Someone who can control the Djinn but was unable to control it in the original story
    I was hoping Sven would prove him wrong.

Authors always disappoint us

https://forum.novelupdates.com/thre...-fully-exploit-the-cheats-mc-has.69369/unread

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If they always disappointed us, then we wouldn't keep reading. Though I will agree that the majority of authors, especially the ones likely to wind up on this site, are quite disappointing.

Wujigege likes this.
  11. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I was hoping for Sven to end up as an alley but this might go the allies are all female route

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he's got a pretty good chance of making the MC his ally, assuming that the MC doesn't get killed off and replaced by him. Though I would agree that the vast majority of his allies will be female.

bbctheory84 and Wujigege like this.
  13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why no one asked him why he suspected the real culprit. Also curious how killing a Djinn can automatically clear you of suspicion. It's not like Djinn are 100% loyal to each other, nor would they bat an eye at sacrificing one of their own.

Paps likes this.
  14. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tsk. Hajin is too passive. He just let them off even if the tackle missed. If Hajime from arifureta is in his shoes, that fat guy would have lost his knee caps, disregarding Suho

bbctheory84 likes this.
  15. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    He's not that powerful. While he's willing to standup for himself, he'll get curb stomped by any of the guys in the room.

Does anyone know if he gets OP later?

Hajime would have shot off their (deleted)...:D

bbctheory84 and Paps like this.
  16. Koreeb

Koreeb New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah he's too weak to fight any of them. :blobhero:

Paps likes this.
  17. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its just frustrating to see him being too much of a pushover. I wanna know when he'll be OP too!

18. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link

Or at least shoot off their (deleted)...

19. Ingenuity

Reading List:
    Link
    Kim Horak seems unnecessarily set on harming MC. It was stated that his injuries wouldn't have ended at broken bones, so I'm assuming it would have been something more permanent such as becoming paralyzed, brain damage, or even death. Because of this, here's my speculation.

My thoughts are that unlike the original scenario, Yun Hyun has wised up and acquired a scapegoat. MC said that Lilith's power wasn't quite mind control, but something more along the lines of love. If I'm understanding this correctly, the victim will make allowances or concessions they usually wouldn't, sometimes even if they know the end result won't be beneficial. Love is blind; or so they say. Instead of straight up killing cadets from the start, I'm guessing that she changed her first target and bewitched Kim Horak. He is likely fully aware that she is a djinn, but is so infatuated with her that he is willingly submitting and being her defender, as well as a possible sacrifice if people get too close to the truth. This development would go unnoticed by the MC because while he does have an alert system for changes in minor characters, it was stated that Kim Horak plays a fairly major role until the middle of the story. Thus, no alert would show up.

bbctheory84 likes this.
  20. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    I think its because he value any and every character in his novel..
    its like a parrent that forgive the child that does bad things to em.