LCD The Novel's Extra

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zethuron, Jun 7, 2018.

1. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised everyone is so focused on the bullets being used. Like, is it really that hard to imagine what happened? Either he modified the bullets he bought/received previously (Chapter 23), or he used his Aether/stigma to create bullets (Chapter 27). As for the effectiveness or whatever, the bullets are made of mana. They obviously wouldn't share the same properties as their real world counterparts, otherwise there'd be no point to them >_>

bbctheory84 and Wujigege like this.
  2. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I see you guys are reading advanced chapters. I was thinking that I missed a scene or something when speed reading haha

3. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they were talking about the latest chapter (Chapter 35), and how MC used a sniper to kill dudes through a window. At least, that's what I think they're talking about - based on what I gathered when I was speed reading through their convo :blob_grin:

HeartPearcingSpear likes this.
  4. Ingenuity

Ingenuity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Clearly the correct answer is that the MC used stigma's power to make a tiny 2"×2" window exactly where he was shooting the bullets. Nobody mentioned it or thought that it was weird that tiny windows appeared, because it's definitely an everyday occurrence.

5. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it's hard to say how those investments will go. The Djinn guild might not wind up exploding the way it did in the previous time line, and the SH Agency may run into issues due to the agent being much less experienced than he would have been originally. It just depends on the co-author.

That aside, there's not really a reason why he couldn't hide his wealth if he felt like it. Well, at least until people do a check into his finances and find all the stocks that he owns, which I would think they would have done by now if they were going to.

Though, even if his wealth was exposed, it wouldn't improve their opinion of him. A background check deep enough to turn up his financial report would also show that he was a very poor bloke until just recently, which makes him new money. If there's one group that the old rich despise more than the poor, it's the new rich. It also raises the question of where the money came from. He can tell the truth, but it's hard to say if anyone would believe him.

Of course, there's also the opposite possibility. That is, the bully finds out about his stocks and then decides to extend his bullying to the companies that he's invested into. It wouldn't be very difficult for him to suppress or destroy SH Agency, and his investigations into the Djinn guild prior to crushing them (or his attempts to crush them) might reveal that they're Djinn, which would raise the question of why KH was funding a Djinn guild.

6. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Besides, this is a KR sorta second chance novel. They inevitably have the MC make massive fortunes. (Emperor of Solo Play excepted) :p

7. Elkon

Elkon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fortunately the MC doesn't actually care about money much apart from paying off his debt and buying stuff like bullets and weapons so far, so hopefully it will stay like that later on in the book.

8. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it's probably because they there hasn't been any stated uses for money that would be important for the MC (that we currently know of), other than for bullets and new weapon (upgrades) and stuff.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC of EoSP made massive fortunes too. It's just that he was wasting it almost as fast as he was earning it.

userunfriendly likes this.
  10. FudgeNouget

FudgeNouget Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is what a penthouse room looks like
    As you can see, the walls are literally windows.

Ingenuity and viprei like this.
  11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    lol. If he wants to gamble, then he should just write a program that randomly buys and sells stocks and give it some money to play with. He'll probably be quite rich within a few days. ;)

I like that people are noticing how abnormal it is for him to have bought those stocks, though that guy took his sweet time in reporting the guild going public.

I'd been wondering if bad guys would use his Truth Agency. Hopefully he's careful about who he answers questions for.

viprei likes this.
  12. Doc Williams

Doc Williams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't take long for some one to notice that the MC spent nearly 300 million won on Packhorse Master stock. The question is, is this a good thing or bad? There's bad to be significant story elements from this. I'd like to know if his tremendous luck will keep bad situations from happening to him. I'd also like to borrow his luck so I can go buy some scratch off tickets and play some lottery numbers. Who knows. Maybe a trip to Vegas.

Paps and bbctheory84 like this.
  13. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    The question is how he won 20 grand on that scratch lotto ticket. I think 20 million won is around 20 grand...not chicken feed! Could his laptop alert him to a plot point? So puzzling!

Paps likes this.
  14. bbctheory84

bbctheory84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why MC just doesn't leave korea and let the world take care of the situation itself. Even if everything in Korea is screwed, he can go to some other nation. Why torment yourself for the story?

Ingenuity likes this.
  15. Elkon

Elkon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because he wants to go back home and the story is his only hint that he will be able to go back.

jacobpaige likes this.
  16. bbctheory84

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh. If I was author, I would stay there tbh. The world seems happier and more modern and friendly.

Ingenuity likes this.
  17. Ingenuity

Ingenuity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the original scenario, Korea was the country with the highest number of heroes. If Korea fell, it's likely that the rest of the world wouldn't have the strength to withstand the onslaught of the demons. Especially now that the scenario has been altered to strengthen the enemy forces. I must admit though, it would be really interesting if despite all of the MC's efforts the demons overrun the world and we get a postapocalyptic survival story with the MC gathering the remaining forces in one last ditch effort to save humanity.

bbctheory84 likes this.
  18. bbctheory84

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that would be nice. I hope the series doesn't end up having MC becoming Mary Sue or have an absolutely disgusting ending like the monster that levels up.

Ingenuity likes this.
  19. Enken

Enken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would he stay here ? when he still has his friends, his family (i forgot how old he is) but i'd say around 30years of his life left behind just to live as a teen.
    Finally a normal human being with normal emotion instead of edgy MC .

20. bbctheory84

Reading List:
    Link
    MC has potential to live a far better life in his new world than his old boring trash world of today. Especially due to the system. He can legitimately become the richest man on the planet if he tries hard enough( not even that hard to get rich with his cheats). I would personally be willing to do anything if offered a chance to trade places with mc,absolutely anything(doesnt matter what). These transmigration MCs dont know how good they have it.