Spoiler The Novel's Extra

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Sami11, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Volatile

Volatile Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, back when the author wrote monster who levels up, that story’s fight scene was pretty good... but now the last fight scene that was considered detailed in this novel was back when he didn’t have stigma and had to fight against Jonghak muscle brain underling.

Totocoroco likes this.
  2. neolyn

neolyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeh, tat was the best fight of the novel. Even when he fought the guy trying to kill rachel during the exam wasn't so great.
    Chae joochul is an asshole. He's not even that strong, there is like dozen of people/devils/Djinn that can defeat him.
    I d'ont get why you like the guy.

What Author lack is pacing, timing, and the ability to change. He's so predictable it's saddening.

Volatile likes this.
  3. Volatile

Reading List:
    Link
    But he sure know how to make Yoo Yeonha interesting...

4. Volatile

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that I think back, the fight between Hajin and Sahyuk was quite good too.

5. kuroik

kuroik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The author is being late on every single raw chapter posting and is basically rushing to complete the chapter to avoid the korean community complaining at this point. This leads in the majority of the latest chapters barley progressing the story at all in comparison to the earlier chapters, and this really isn't a good sign because it feels like the ratings will eventually drop and the author will be pressured to end the novel prematurely like A Monster Who Levels Up. He just took a 4 day break and was still late in posting the Wednesday and Thursday chapters, so kinda hope the author can relax and try to get back to how he was in the earlier parts of the novel.

6. neolyn

neolyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... That's what happened when you tell a story but don't know how you will end it exactly.
    First thing I do when I write is start with the begining then directly after, the end.

The middle is all " what can I say that can bring from the begining to the end ?" That's the most difficult part. You can't just imagine things, put it there and just go along till your ending.
    If a writer do that, I consider him/her a bad writer, no matter how good his world building or character development is.
    It's a lot of planing, sometimes inspiration strucks in the middle and the need to explore it is really strong. Just need to see how it can fit and if it SHOULD fit.

Right now author failed, I'm sur some arcs were added because he felt like it and now doesn't know what to do wth them.
    It's too bad.:(

7. Volatile

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait... is he becoming Kim Hajin??? Oh, the irony!

8. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that I think about it there isn't a single memorable fight and I have a great memory. Whether it's LMS, Taming Master, Stop Friendly Fire, OG, The BEM, ORV or any chinese novel I can remember at least one fight in decent detail but I can't think of a single fight that isn't just Hajin pulling something out of his magical hat and sniping. Even Chae Joochul vs Plucas wasn't impressive.

Very odd. I guess author just isn't good at fight scenes, character development and relationship progression. Although, the dialogue is decent.

Volatile likes this.
  9. Totocoroco

Totocoroco Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No summary this week the author just post that he is taking another break today and will try to post tomorrow, and chapter 281 is just a filter chapter with Hajin in a sneak mission to invade Orden castle and everyone(Aileen,Nayun Suhoo etc) looking at his mission through a camera and being impress, the end(not joking this is the whole chapter ,Hajin invade the castle,kill some minions,sneak a little, everyone is watching and is impresse the end.)
    The Author is becoming Hajin, i sad man, maybe later he will go on Hiatus.

JZ505, Shiho, sap00 and 2 others like this.
  10. Volatile

Reading List:
    Link
    Let’s hope he doesn’t...

11. Deleted member 164538

Deleted member 164538 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he's getting the Hajin disease, aka writer's block, also how long will this break last.

12. kuroik

kuroik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah this is what I meant by the latest chapters barely progressing, the korean community is brutal. They've been shitting all over the author in the comment section because of this and I think it's affecting his motivation a lot.

13. neolyn

neolyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What did he expect ? It's his second hiatus in... 4 weeks(give or take)? His reader are not dumb, they smell the bullshit. It's like he gave up half of his novel once Hajin enter floor 9 or 10.
    Right now what's holding the reader back is the characters interactions and world building, because the story is going down the drain. And soon it will only be characters interactions, because the world building started to go down the drain too. Without a proper story and a proper world building characters can't develop.

Some things need to be fixed and fast. Orden's arc must end soon, and before the Devil Arc start We need an inter-arc where Hajin resolves some of the pending mysteries/problems/sub-plots. It will allow a new development in world building and character's interaction would have to be development further than it usually goes.
    Some Extra would have to be let down. Like Jonghak; still here, taking space while being irrlevant, since forever ! Sahyuk's world arc was THE chance for him to matter and somehow he didn't.

About the koreans readers... If readers are shitting all over the place in huge number then it means the author is doing something wrong. A good author would hear them out and makes some change( unless what they are bitching about is something put there on purpose for a soon to be(not like 300 chapters later) twist, which with TNE, is not the case)

14. Baduramp Bridge

Baduramp Bridge Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    too lazy to look through 35 pages for an answer:
    why were mc's parents murdered?
    (sorry if that should be under a spoiler tag; i'm not sure how to make those)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  15. DoomedExpe

DoomedExpe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cause they were the subordinates of the Jin Younghan, political rival of the former Korean president Kim Sukho. Kim Sukho wanted to get rid of Jin Younghan, so he ordered a assassination using CT on Jin Younghan and everyone with him on that day to make it look like a monster attack.

16. Daily Prog

Daily Prog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This part is already being told in the current translation though?

17. Volatile

Reading List:
    Link
    new reader I guess?

Daily Prog likes this.
  18. neolyn

neolyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was Chae Joochul's idea though, and Kim Suhko just agreed.

19. Daily Prog

Daily Prog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Idea was still Kim Suhko, CJ was the one that agreeing and hiring the assassin.

20. moneng85

moneng85 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Better make him take a break than ruining this story though

JZ505 and Volatile like this.