Spoiler The Novel's Extra

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Sami11, Jul 11, 2018.

1. MCha007

MCha007 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda busy until this weekend so only one chapter today.
    -----------------
    Chapter 15
    Dreaming (15)
    -----------------
    - Hajin's battle against attackers.
    - Thinks which talent to create. Creates 'Master of The Spirit Stone' with all SP he had and all the luck he accumulated.
    - Huge stone falls onto the battlefield.
    - Uses power of the wind to imbue his bullets, kills all attackers except one elderly man.
    - Extracts some unimportant information on how much they hate Rachel and royal blood and finishes the elderly man off. Hajin wants Rachel to live happily in this world.
    - The communication crystal he uses to contact Rachel is broken during the battle.
    - Rachel heard the words Xtra said to the old man before killing him (about willing to protect her).
    - Rachel explores 'The Hall''s facilities, goes to The Shop.
    - Chae Nayun is already inside and is mad at the merchant hologram inside because it has no 'stone fragments' to sell to her.
    - They greet each other coldly since they're rivals, Nayun inquires about Xtra, Rachel answers he still isn't here and his mission of a guide is already finished.
    - Rachel looks at the goods and walks away, Nayun follows her to the restaurant area.
    - A lot of heroes are inside including Kim Suho, Nayun talks to him for a bit, he greets Rachel politely.
    - A message comes that the hall meeting will start in 2 hours.
    - They go to the hall, it's beautiful, spacious and there's a round table.
    - 2 guild representatives with the highest amount of achievement points can sit at the table and for The Royal Guild it's Xtra and Rachel. But the contact with Xtra was lost some time ago.
    - More guilds arrive, it starts resembling a social event with people of high status speaking about politics, money, guild business, etc. Nobody talks to Rachel.
    - 'The Hall' tells everyone to sit down and that everything will be distributed according to achievements earned. 39 people sit down, (20 guilds with 2 representatives each minus Xtra), 'The Hall' comments on how one sit is vacant.
    - Others ridicule Rachel again.
    - 'The Hall' reveals the theme for the first test.
    - It's 'Theory Lessons'. Everyone is surprised since nobody expected that.

2. MCha007

Reading List:
    Link
    Another 1-chapter day, sorry.
    -----------------
    Chapter 16
    Dreaming (16)
    -----------------
    - Hajin is wondering what to do with such a huge Spirit Stone now. Also, surprise, some attackers have actually survived, Hajin doesn't want to finish them off, leaving them to Hero Association to arrest.
    - The Stone can store 10000 units of spirit power whatever it is and it fully regenerates over 24hrs. Hajin finds out he can cut it into smaller stones and sculpts a small Spirit Flower with 100 spirit power capacity.
    - Yeonha is shocked how calm Nayun is even though she has to face the Theory test. Rachel seems confident in her theoretical knowledge, she competed with Hajin for #1 in CUBE after all.
    - Teams are given some very difficult theory problems, have laboratories assigned to them and and are given 96 hours to solve the problems.
    - Suddenly some people who ridiculed Rachel before start greeting her and try to talk to her but the seretary girl (who substitutes for Xtra for now) pulls her away and they go to their laboratory.
    - Rachel still has to form party with one of the guilds since the problem is still extremely difficult and combined efforts will get better results.
    - The secretary girl provides some data and then goes to fetch some more when in one of the corridors some ominous magic power immobilizes her and she realizes that Lancaster is here.
    - Meanwhile, Hajin made a bunch of Spirit accessories and equipment but there's still about 80% of Spirit Stone remains.
    - Through his smartwatch he suddenly finds out that he has access to The Royal Guild chat which is currently busy solving the problem.
    - Hajin reads the problem, reads all the related info from his system and tries to solve it, he's astonished by its difficulty.
    - It's the first problem in five years that took him 3 minutes to solve even with the help of the system.

3. Dr_H_16

Dr_H_16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL 3 minutes.

Moondrip lunax likes this.
  4. Sami11

Sami11 [Level 99 Duck]

Reading List:
    Link
    I havent read the novel in a while so there's something I'm confused about. Is this happening after or during the story? Or is it an alternate universe?
    Also, thanks for the summaries! I've been itching TNE for a while now

5. MCha007

Reading List:
    Link
    Weekend tomorrow so more chapters tomorrow as well. For now there's one.

Looks like an alternative universe to me since the results of the events of the main universe apply to Hajin in this one, the main universe's Nayun's failed regression led her here as well and Rachel keeps seeing weird dreams with weird words. I haven't read all the extra chapters before, only the parts involving Jin Sahyuk since she's my favorite character and I really wanted to know what happens to her so I'm still kinda in the dark as well. I read and summarize at the same time.

-----------------
    Chapter 17
    Dreaming (17)
    -----------------
    - Hajin continues to craft and upgrade stuff with Spirit Stone he summoned until it shrinks down to about soccer ball's size. He decides to give the rest to Rachel.
    - Some of Hajin's thoughts about his feelings towards Rachel, how he's looking forward to see what lies at the end of 'The Hall' even though he understands that it can't be something that can help him return home. And some of thoughts about how Rachel might mistake his feelings of sympathy as affection.
    - But then he remembers a funny situation involving Rachel and has a good laugh.
    - Some more info on the problem Rachel tries to solve. It has been 2 days already and Rachel made no progress towards the solution.
    - Xtra can communicate with her now, he sends her a file and tells her to check it. Also says that 9 of the attackers are still alive and trapped.
    - Before she can check all of the file's contents one of her subordinates drags her off to the guilds' meeting since The Hall said it'll check the current progress of the problem solution.
    - Some guilds ridicule Rachel again.
    - The Hall asks if anyone can provide the report. Everyone is silent since their progress is crap. The Hall is disappointed and wants to end the meeting when Rachel raises her hand.
    - Meanwhile one of the surviving attackers wakes up, manages to remove the blindfold and is astonished at the level of power Hajin displays manipulating the spirit elemental power. Uses a skill to record everything and send it to Lancaster.
    - Hajin notices and shows him the records he obtained when he hacked Lancaster's communication channel. Lancaster tells one of his lieutenants to kill the attackers if they return alive.
    - He doesn't trust Hajin but Hajin tells him and others who woke up all of their names and whose relatives they are and says that Rachel remembers all of them. tl;dr start to see who's in the right and who's in the wrong already, idiots.
    - Hajin leaves saying that trap will remove itself in 2 weeks so Lancaster will consider them dead by that time. Meanwhile, they better think properly about who they should stand with.

6. MCha007

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaaand I jinxed it. The weekend was even more busy...
    Well, here's some chapters.

-----------------
    Chapter 18
    Dreaming (18)
    -----------------
    - Rachel sends Xtra's files to 'The Hall'. Specifies that Xtra did all the work.
    - Guilds try to ridicule her for relying on mercenaries too much.
    - The Hall says the answers is perfect, it didn't expect to get it after only 48hrs. Everyone is stunned.
    - Rachel confirms that Xtra did it all by himself, nobody else helped him.
    - British Royal Guild wins this test and has the right to select the area in the next test first (?) as well as some other benefits.
    - The next test starts in 144hrs. Meanwhile, some guilds attempt to say that they always actually respected Rachel and British Royal Guild.
    - Xtra got most of the goodies though, obviously, since Rachel confirmed it was all him.
    - Rachel's musings. She remembers that she stole a glance at Xtra's eyes when his mask got broken and they resemble Hajin's.
    - Secretary girl is hiding the fact that she sensed Lancaster's energy earlier and there seems to be a reason for it.
    - The second test is 'Chain of Memories'. 40 doors, the guild chooses one to enter, unlocks the clear conditions for the event and clears it. As a reward for getting the 1st place The Hall removes 30 worst options for British Royal Guild so they only have 10 doors to choose from.
    - Rachel chooses 'Home of Dreams'. The hall tells guild members to enter one by one.
    - Rachel awakens on a busy street in a Korean city with stores, office buildings, people going here and there, etc. No guild members in sight.
    - She sees a tablet stating the location name but she doesn't believe that since there's a Mecca for people buying magic stuff and this place doesn't look like it at all.
    - Rachel is wondering where she is since the world looks a bit weird and all the adults use 'smartphones' which shoulde be like a toy from the past for babies who still can't handle smartwatches. Some people try to comment how she's dressed weirdly but she ignores them.
    - Rachel also notices that there's no mana in the air. This is a catastrophe for her.
    - Hajin is near The Hall, he wonders if he can enter. Also reads the current situation on smartwatch, The Hall says that the less % the guild member's status is, the more dire the situation they are in is. Rachel is at 47%, Secretary girl at 49%, others are 53-67%.
    - Aileen and Jin Seyeon notice him and he can't run away. They ask him if he's Xtra and he confirms it. Aileen demands Hajin to remove the mask with her Voice power. Hajin's hand is approaching the mask.

-----------------
    Chapter 19
    Dreaming (19)
    -----------------
    - Hajin tries to take off the mask but he doesn't do it. He inherited partial resistance to Voice power from Black Lotus. Also got another Dark Ore Arrow and Regeneration ball.
    - Aileen is raising her magic power but is told to stop by Jin Seyeon.
    - Hajin actually thinks it's not such a bad idea to make connection with them and reveals his face. And, as he expected, they have absolutely no idea who he is. Puts the mask back on.
    - Rachel has been in Korea for 4 days and still doesn't know what the clear conditions are. No problem with money at least since she converted some of the points from The Hall into a credit card.
    - While she has a dinner there's a news report about a body with bizarre wounds found in the park. But Rachel is still getting distracted by wonderful Korean food.
    - Rachel is sitting in the park, a kitten comes and she pets it.
    - Senses sinister magic power. Leads its owner to the dark alley and tells them to come out.
    - Seems like Lancaster is using body possession on someone. They have a conversation, Rachel is taking some mental damage.
    - Lancaster says she doesn't realize where she is and says that he's going to 'fix' the mistakes of the past. Tells princess to look for him for a 'proper' reunion. Releases the possession.
    - The man is a swordsman under Lancaster and he attacks.
    - More assassins come, Rachel is losing. Suddenly, gunfire.
    - Gunfire is very intimidating and assassins stop. The man comes out and strolls towards Rachel and tells her: 'Wake up. It's hard for me to do it alone'. The voice is very familiar.

7. moneng85

moneng85 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the coverage

8. kancilbodoh

kancilbodoh Member

Reading List:
    Link
    here's what i found guys, only for Chae Nayun

{Using Regression Crystal}*
    Returning to the time she attended Cube, she scrambles to find herbs himself, borrowing power from her family, and finally saving her brother (no Ba'al in this side story, so no Devil's seed making the disease easier to cure). She also becomes very straightforward with her feeling to Kim Ha-jin.

In episode 451, she reveals the truth about the Gwangoh incident, and she gives Kim Ha-jin a sincere apology. Kim Ha-jin responds to her courage and kisses her to confirm each other's feelings.

Unlike the main story of her who lost her brother and broke up with Kim Hajin, in this new alternate world, her brother recovered and she became lovers with Kim Ha-jin [in the final episode] The best happy ending for Chae Nayun.

*Regression Crystal made parallel world, so main storyline is not affected, instead creating a new timeline where all above happened.

9. moneng85

moneng85 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thank thee for this gift

10. kancilbodoh

kancilbodoh Member

Reading List:
    Link
    here's what i found in "what if" stories for Yoo Yeonha

In Rachel's side story and Chae Na-yoon's side story, she acts as a helper.

In her side story, The Story of What If (in this side story, IF Kim Hajin accepted Yoo Yeonha offer to Essence of the Strait).
    She is focusing on raising the guild as the Essence of the Strait's president, and it appears that she has hired Kim Ha-jin as a bodyguard.

She held a press conference after a reporter took a photo of her dating Kim Ha-jin, and the dating rumors spread. While she was reading her script at the press conference, she saw Chae Nayun chatting with Kim Hajin. A year later, she is living happily with Kim Hajin, wearing a dress and hugging him, suddenly evacuation order is issued, and they go to the outside together holding hands.

and this is from author's "confession"

"Rachel is supposed to be the main heroine"

but changed for unsaid reason in later half of the story (that's why she become quite irrelevant).

Author is famous for having good early to mid chapters novels, and collapsed them like a trainwreck in late chapters.

Author had many haters in Korea novel community and many already blacklisted his novels for having "trainwreck" ending.

11. Dr_H_16

Reading List:
    Link
    'Confession', indeed...

T_T

12. Sami11

Sami11 [Level 99 Duck]

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Dr_H_16

Reading List:
    Link
    English, pls. I thought my browser was broken or something.
    If what I got from google translate is right, you want the extra chapters?
    There's already fan-translation of it, by Active Translations. They already published more than 20 chapters. The earlier chapters were rough for some reason, but afterward is entirely fine.

14. VirginSlayer

VirginSlayer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone confirm if Rachel gets any conclusion in SS, It's being TLed by Active, but I'm getting side tracked by some other stuff so can't read it atm.

15. Dr_H_16

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't be certain, but as of right now, the issues of Rachel and Lancaster were the main plot. However, in this SS, Kim Hajin is... still trying to look at others as characters, rather than actual people. He also seemed to be eager to return to the 'real world' (our miserable Earth). He is using a lot of his power and influences to help Rachel right now because he thinks that it's his fault since he 'wrote her character'.

If the author somehow didn't mess up (again), then Rachel will get some kind of conclusion in the SS.

Moondrip lunax and VirginSlayer like this.
  16. Dr_H_16

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course no. She's not a guy. It's certainly the issue with MTL, never used it, but I heard it can't handle pronoun.

17. Koala67

Koala67 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The site has sections of the directory, but I cannot access the site due to browser or country Not sure how to read chapters It would be great if a few people release new episodes. do you know where else i can find it?

The site has sections of the directory, but I cannot access the site due to browser or country Will you continue to post episodes?

18. Dr_H_16

Reading List:
    Link
    I would've helped you if only the story didn't go to the direction I doesn't like. As of right now, I want to forget it ever exist.

It's so cruel to give hope only to shot it down like that. It's official now, I hate TNE's author.

19. jch

jch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    couldn't find the TNE LCD thread so I'm posting this here:
    the manhwa has gotten a remake and the new art looks so much more promising, so go check that out

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  20. Nada Amore

Nada Amore Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So who is the co-author?