Misc The Official Thread of the Welcoming Sect

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by Lemonfairy, Jul 5, 2019.

?

Wanna join?

1. YES!

75.5%
  2. no thanks

24.5%
  1. Lemonfairy

Lemonfairy 〖Retired Old Lady ♡〗〖High Acidity ♡〗〖Lethal ♡〗

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to... the Welcoming Sect!

45075.jpg
    image courtesy of @Welcome to NUF

Throughout NUF history, there have been countless Welcomers working with dedication in NUF's front-lines to welcome the numerous numbers of new members into this sacred home of ours. They have spent countless hours filtering through the Recent Activity feed for the classic tell-tale signs of newcomers such as avatar, location, and homepage updates so that they would not miss the chance to welcome the birth of a new nuffian.

Today we gather upon this blessed piece of holy land to bear witness to the founding of NUF's official Welcoming Sect. Our goal is to welcome as many new member into the NUF community as we can. Together, we will strive to make NUF a better, and more welcoming place. With the creation of this sect, we plant the seed of hope that there will be more and more people joining NUF so we have more people to welcome, more people joining the sect to welcome more members, and that the new members will then go on to help us welcome even more new members, creating an endless chain of prosperity unto the future.

The sacred act of welcoming a new member into the NUF community is a well-established ritual dating back to times immemorial. Welcoming new nuffians makes them feel that we are a community that cares. It gives them a sense of belonging during the time when they are least familiar with their surroundings and the workings of NUF. In fact, this sect is not even the first sect created for welcoming people, but we hope it will be the most long-lasting.

There have also been other ways to make new nuffians feel welcome, including the ancient welcome thread where new members of NUF can go and introduce themselves.

In the process of welcoming new nuffians, many accounts have been used (and abused), most notably
    @hello, @Welcome, @Welcome to NUF, @Welcome to the Forum, and @Welcome to the Abyss, with @Welcome to NUF and @Welcome to the Forum being especially helpful because they have some very important and informative links to help new members navigate NUF. We sincerely express our gratitude towards their noble sacrifice.

With the Welcoming Sect's founding as a defining moment of NUF's continued welcoming history, I hope that you too, will take up the torch of welcoming and help us carry it far into the future~

There are no requirements to join the Welcoming Sect, you just have to have the heart to welcome people! To be added to the sect list (so we know who you are), simply post !join and tag @Lemonfairy and she'll add you onto the official list of sect members!

Last edited: May 18, 2023
    ikhors, Ash_Kira, Mr. Tired and 15 others like this.
  2. Lemonfairy

Reading List:
    Link
    Guide to Welcoming New Members to NUF
    This guide is more like a list of tips/suggestions for when you welcome people and isn't mandatory or enforced (although there are some suggestions that would make welcoming more fun for everyone that I highly recommend).

1. Use the tag @Welcome to NUF (highly recommended)
    The @Welcome to NUF profile is a better profile to tag when welcoming new members because it contains links (including a guide by moi) that can help them get familiar with the forum. If @Welcome to NUF becomes untaggable at any point in time, please let me know either by tagging @Lemonfairy in this thread or by popping by my profile.

2. Comment below a pre-existing welcoming post if one already exists instead of making a new one (highly recommended)
    Welcoming posts are generally appreciated but we want to minimize intrusiveness when it comes to welcoming where possible. If you want to welcome someone but you see that someone else has already welcomed the same person, please post your welcome as a comment under the welcome post of the person/people before you instead of making another profile post. This will minimize cluttering new members' profiles.

3. Include a short explanation of what the @Welcome to NUF link is (optional)
    Sometimes it's not obvious that @Welcome to NUF is a profile with resourced for new members so it might be a good idea to also add a short explanation along with your initial welcome post.

4. Welcome only members who are relatively new (account made with 6 months) and have never been welcomed before (optional)
    If someone looks like they've already got the hang of the forum and it's been a while since they've joined, it's probably not necessary to post a welcome post on their profile. Whether you decide to post a welcome post or not in this case is up to your discretion.

5. Welcome only members who have very empty profiles (either one or two posts or none at all) (optional)
    If someone already has a lot of posts on their profile and look to be already engaged in activity on NUF, it might not be necessary to post a late welcome on their profile. Again, whether you decide to post a welcome post or not in this case is up to your discretion.

6. Customize your welcoming message with a cute and original kaomoji of your own (optional)
    This is just a little thing that might make welcoming more fun for you. Adding a personalized kaomoji makes your welcome feel more unique and can make you seem more approachable.

7. If you don't want your welcome posts to show up in the New Profile Posts feed, include the word welcome in all caps (i.e., WELCOME) in your welcome message (optional)
    If you're a spam-type welcomer (like me) and tend to welcome a lot of people in short bursts, this might be a good idea to avoid clogging up the New Profile Posts feed for other users.

8. You can use a keyboard short-cut (what @Lemonfairy uses) to more easily paste your welcome message (optional)
    I use AutoHotkey to easily and quickly post my welcomes. I find it saves me a lot of effort.

9. Link new profiles you have welcomed in this thread (would be appreciated)
    So other welcomers can also welcome them under your post! It might be more work but I think it's a better alternative to tagging other welcomers under the welcome post.

10. Direct new welcomers to this thread (highly recommended)
    If you see someone starting to welcome new members, please be sure to direct them to this thread - and specifically this guide so they're aware of some of the common practices and also trade secrets related to welcoming new members. This is also a good place to ask any questions if you are confused or unsure.

Have fun welcoming!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  3. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't belong here~

Ram5 likes this.
  4. Lemonfairy

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Haerether

Haerether 『. . .』

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Enigma

Enigma Follower of Jesus, he's the only way

Reading List:
    Link
    Lemonfairy likes this.
  8. hayyan

hayyan Gold Brick

Reading List:
    Link
    Spidy tingles never fail.

9. Lemonfairy

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll delete your tag sorry :notlikeblob:

Gandire Alea likes this.
  10. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    So, are you going to bully them?

11. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    Good bye. . . .
    blobmelt_thumbsblobmelt_thumbsblobmelt_thumbsblobmelt_thumbsblobmelt_thumbsblobmelt_thumbsblobmelt_thumbsblobmelt_thumbsblobmelt_thumbsblobmelt_thumbsblobmelt_thumbsblobmelt_thumbsblobmelt_thumbsblobmelt_thumbsblobmelt_thumbsblobmelt_thumbs

ps: not enough skin on the pic. . .
    :blob_blush::blob_blush::blob_blush::blob_blush:

12. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    no worries, I'm happy to have been remembered~

911 and Lemonfairy like this.
  13. Lemonfairy

Reading List:
    Link
    it was pretty obvious though >.>

14. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    What is that significant number?

15. Lemonfairy

Reading List:
    Link
    More details to follow :sweating_profusely:

16. hayyan

hayyan Gold Brick

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. That is why I used spidy tingles and not hayyan's.

17. Sayne

Sayne if u read this u are a noob

Reading List:
    Link
    hi im clay im new here

Lemonfairy likes this.
  18. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Dang this is a lot of reserved spots.

Lemonfairy likes this.
  19. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember how many peeps I welcomed lol. But more than 10 or 20 definitely. You should post significant stuff in @Welcomer's signature and profile and watch the "Hello newbies! A welcome thread for you reader" thread.

Lemonfairy likes this.
  20. Lemonfairy

Reading List:
    Link
    @Welcome to NUF °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°