Discussion The ongoing debate about chastity or love in the anime community.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lazriser, May 20, 2018.

?

Value a woman for...

1. Who she is

31 vote(s)
    91.2%
  2. What she has

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone explain to me what's the ongoing debate about exactly.
    I keep seeing very down-to-Earth discussions with maximum hate echoing from two opposite factions on whether the man (protagonist/ main/ side) should values a woman's chastity more than love or vise versa.
    I can say that this must really grind both factions' gears since they're willing to have a very long trail of comments to justify or make a sound argument on whose ideal is right.
    I for one, am not taking part of such frenzied debates, but I do prefer the latter's ideal. Cherish a woman for who she is, and not what she has. To love her even if she is not clean, chaste, or pure in the eyes of Man.

This may be out of topic, but in my humblest opinion... *crackling laughter*
    when I read this sorts of debates ongoing even now from various websites or discussion boards. I can't help but laugh wickedly with a grin upright in my vile heart to which temptations pray to me wearing evening gowns. I mean, if you truly desired her as you heart wantonly declares so, then yes, it hurts, it pains, it agonizes you that she will by fateful whims, she will be defiled before your eyes by wicked beasts mantling Man. Savor her, let her know that you still cherish her in all her wickedness, and embrace her with a crying heart. Though should you deny her out of spite, then in her eyes, you are no better than the beasts that mangled her soul and body with lascivious desire. Ha-ha! Humanity has never ceases to amuse me.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  2. Lynx

Lynx Professional...on lewd matter

Reading List:
    Link
    Double post, someone should delete this one

3. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Out of loop of the anime community, but for me...if a woman I love is chaste, good. If she is not, good.
    But, hat will be the best is she not being chaste and telling me beforehand. No, I don't wanna know everything about her and be nosy, but if she was in love with someone in the past, I would like to know. Just as I myself would tell her, I expect.

4. leo.d.

leo.d. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love this debate of men deciding the value of women. Hmm, clean, chaste, or pure is what a women should be. However, guys can just fuck around. I mean after all it offends men's dignity what their women did not preserve herself for him.
    I don't mean to offend anyone but as a women, this is what this debate sounds like. It's the women's choice, get the fuck over it.

5. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    What double post?:blobunsure: This is the only thread I made just now about chastity or love.:blobtriumph:

6. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you sure you're referring to the anime (ie: Japanese) community? This is more a (HUUUGE) thing in China, rather than Japan. Japan had something similar at points in it's history, of course, but never to the insane degree that China managed, what with their bridal night bloodstains and magical cinnabar dots - both superstitions leading to death if challanged.

jossy48 and King0Mik like this.
  7. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What anime is this discussion about.

8. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no idea what you're saying in the spoiler, but I have my own opinion.

While it's not necessary for a woman to be a virgin in order for the MC (or me personally) to love her, I do value it. Besides the case of rape, the women's (or guy's) virginity can tell me about the person. First, is she someone with some self-control or am I just going to be another dick in her life? Can she plan her future or is she reckless enough to be driven by the immediate vs the long term? Is she confident in her own beliefs (like falls to social pressure or has sex in order to feel good about herself)?

In my opinion, these questions are necessary to consider if I'd like to have a serious relationship with a girl who has lost her virginity before meeting me, even if I later decide not to marry. You may think I'm being overly insecure or I have too many questions, but I have only 1 life and I'm not going to mess it up because I didn't want to protect myself.

Also this can be applied to guys as well. I'm only writing in terms of a girl because that's what the op framed the question in.

TD:LR I agree with you, but don't neglect the value of virginity.

9. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know, since I see this in all eastern works (including Korean, Japanese, Chinese). Do note I based this from seeing a lot recurring comments in any anime or comic (manga, manwha, comic strip) that involves a scene on whether the male character should decide to accept or reject her.
    Why men? Aren't there also women partaking in this sort of debate in the anime community. By anime community, I refer to all eastern influences. I don't know much about western since I don't read or watch it that much except the movies or philosophical ones.

m7vpc likes this.
  10. Minokyuu

Minokyuu ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reading List:
    Link
    I Don't really care about her past mistakes or her life before, that was in the past.
    Even if you married a virgin holy girl, in the future she might be the one cheating not the girl who was not virgin, Eh for me the only thing the matters is how loyal devoted a person was even if she was completely evil or ruthless.

11. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is one of the worst types of arguments. You are arguing that men shouldn't value other women based on their actions. In other words, we shouldn't value people based on their actions.

Yet we should. Or how else can we make valuable judgments?

12. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    I have never seen this discussion, but my first and only thought is why should MC like a woman for being a virgin when he doesn't like her? My non-thought is this sounds like religious baiting

qwertzuiop and King0Mik like this.
  13. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a tremendous problem in China, still a pretty big issue in Korea, but not so big a deal in Japan any more. Indeed, in Japan, there are articles bemoaning the herbivorous men who are remaining chaste while the women are indulging in a sexually liberated lifestyle. Note that while this is a modern trend, rape is still drastically under-reported, and many women - especially in rural areas - are told straight out that filing charges will get them into trouble.
    In contrast, in China almost 1 in 4 men claim to have committed rape (compare 1 in 20 for US) and a disturbingly high percentage state so proudly. so yeah. Misogyny is still a steady influence in Asian culture. Sucks, doesn't it.

EDIT: note, I also wanted to summarize and say that you really need to seperate out each culture - lumping them together - even as I did in that last sentence - isn't really useful, since the direction each culture is moving in is different. ALSO: most any Chinese, Korean, or Japanese national would cut off your nutsack for confusing them or lumping them all together. They tend to not play nice with eachother. ; )

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  14. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No - he's pointing out the absurd contrast between acceptable MALE behavior, which rewards them socially for 'pushing down' unwilling women, while at the same time, excoriates and shames WOMEN for being violently raped, up to and including executing them. Not really a value judgement, there, boyo.

15. Mantrazz

Mantrazz The Lord Upgrade D Biggest Baddest Spammer Around

Reading List:
    Link
    Annihilation

16. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not even what leo.d. was suggesting from her statement. Rape wasn't even part of the discussion.

17. Mantrazz

Mantrazz The Lord Upgrade D Biggest Baddest Spammer Around

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think I have a horse in this race as I judge people based on my actions, I don't expect anything I can't do, but I still expect minimum humanity at least. If I'm being prudish to others I cantc be whoring myself in a different city, but I don't judge people's actions imI only human I only know what's in front of me, so what do I know?

18. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Kannagi.

I dont think i need to say more.

19. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    from the quote:
    The ACTIONS in question: SEX. Rape is included. And the root issue is that women are being subject to such 'value judgements' after being raped. So yes, that WAS what was being stated and discussed.

Deleted member 32451 likes this.
  20. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    AliceShiki and m7vpc like this.