LCD The Path Toward Heaven

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by patcan3609, May 9, 2018.

1. morrrie

morrrie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So this book is over. It finished today. Well, I am talking about the raw chapters.

As for the translated chapters, it's still where it was dropped at, previously.

The ending was logical, yet it fell short in the emotional category. As expected, these days, you can not expect much from Mao Ni when it comes to how to end a novel properly. Though, this book ends in a logical fashion, seemingly fulfilling its purpose. But, Mao Ni became famous in the first place for writing somewhat fulfilling and refreshing plots. This story was refreshing in its own way, but definitely cannot be called fulfilling.

This is not a spoiler, just a heads-up: So, even though it's Mao Ni and anyone who has read his other books would expect 'proper' romance in his stories, but there is none in this one. I am talking about the case of our main character. As for the side characters, there are some pairs there, but for our main character, there is none. Mao Ni does start teasing from the beginning of the story about the possibility of there being one, but in the end, just like he did in Ze Tian Ji, he leaves it to readers' imagination. So if you are gonna start or if you are going to restart, don't expect much in this department.

Anyway, if you are considering to start reading this book, or if you have dropped it at some point, and wondering if you should restart again, then the time has come. The option of binge-reading has been unlocked!:blobparty:

Go for it!:cookie:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  2. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the insight!

3. firefox1234

firefox1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for sharing! Glad there was no romance for the MC. I really like his "uncaring Dao".

Demon Empress likes this.
  4. kurousagi4242

kurousagi4242 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the input! (I’m gonna HC he still loves LSY and can’t move on from loving anyone but her)
    Shame it doesn’t end in the best way but it was somewhat expected and the journey itself isn’t bad. Thanks again

5. fjekwam

fjekwam Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't like the ending, or really any of the plot, characters, or setting. I became a fan of Mao Ni after ZTJ and Nightfall, and now I am disappointed. I won't try any more of Mao Ni's works unless they are interesting on their own right, rather than relying on the author's reputation to hope that the work will become more interesting later.

6. Demon Empress

Demon Empress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you give me spoilers about the ending? I stopped reading in chapter 700...