Spoiler The Princess' Doll Shop

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Hypothon, May 5, 2020.

1. Astrid Lauren

Astrid Lauren Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the promo it is said that he is 17

seekingsnow likes this.
  2. milktea05

milktea05 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heyy spoilers about Kathia's illness? Like the sleep walking, the same mental illness like her mother? How will she recover??

seekingsnow, Belle76 and lazynoodles like this.
  3. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember when it was mentioned somewhere we were gonna have an adaptation and now here we are. Hoping with this, the thread would start booming with new spoilers

peach.pudin likes this.
  4. Volublekoala965

Volublekoala965 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I went through some kakao comments, and from what I read, it seems like Deon’s colorblindness heals and he can see colors at the end of the main storyline. And the villain is a ‘dragon’ (?) that wants Kathia to fall into despair and die so that the world progresses like in the original novel (I think Kathia mentioned the world she’s in is a novel and Deon is the main character). Well, that’s what I understood from the comments xD. I hope a lovely soul can spoil us about the story :aww:.

5. Sakurahime10

Sakurahime10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so currently the manhwa has 5 chapters right. We got to see how important she is to the emperor her brother(well they're not really related) as the chapters go forward we see that she is also suffering from sleep walking and we got to delve deep into the past till chapter 32 her 18th birthday. Soo in the novel the 1st and 2nd Consort are really mean? Or really hated the mother and daughter pair. Like the second Consort sent them a sord wrap in pink hair(?) then as the years passed by the emperor got sick and often visits them which the fl didn't like cuz its hard to fake a smile and be kind to the emperor. The emperor noted that the fl will soon be 18 and asked would she liked a grand party the mother didn't want to and wanted them to be low key but the fl is like since we might die once the emperor dies might as well enjoy this luxuries and hold a grand coming of age ceremony. And that's where things went down as the party goes on the 2nd Consort was there with her son, you see the 2nd Consort paints herself as someone kind yada yada basically a white lotus soo fl was super nervous but enjoyed the party not until the crown prince came(take note he's not the brother we came to see on the manhwa the black haired one) he's known for his tyrant ways and people don't really like soo he danced with our fl and patted her hair which made our fl disgusted then she really couldn't take it anymore and the emperor hated how the crown prince was they both left the party. And before our fl left she was really skeptic to see the crown prince and the 2nd Consort talking and staring at her. Fast forward her mom was asking what she wanted to have for her birthday she wanted a doll and explained what a doll was and at night when she fell asleep she heard some sounds and woke up to the rain feeling nervous for her mom she immediately ran to look for her and when she heard footsteps and pulled that hand which she thought was her mom cue the horror it was the crown prince so yeah he was planning on rapping her as it was suggested that the 2nd Consort told him that was what the fl wanted. It came to the point where he already untied the ribbon of her nightgown when everything went red.... Her mom was swinging the fire thingy at the prince till he died and that's where I stopped cuz I got stressed so yeah

6. milktea05

Reading List:
    Link
    Gosh I fee bad for her mother. Just because she's pretty she's suffered a lot

7. Tt123

Tt123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happen with MC’s stepdad and grandparent? Are they still alive?

8. Annylove

Annylove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing is that the fl wished for a doll (it was her first time asking something from her mother) so her mom was busy making it. If she hadn't wished for the doll, her mom would have qent sleep walking again like every night and couldn't have saved fl. Basically Cassia/Kathia blamed herself. If she hadn't been greedy she would have been raped by that trash prince but atleast her mother would be alive - is what she thinks. Please this is so freaking heartbreaking i can't- Cassia and her mother's backstory is just way too tragic, all because they were born pretty. The two didn't even want anything, they just became pawns for the 2nd consort in their political play

Who would have thought that a story with doll shop could be this tragic and dark and depressing.

assiralc_, TyShaye, babayagu and 61 others like this.
  9. ailucasly

ailucasly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got confused at the storyline. The manwha looks like it skipped some details or is it just me that is confuse?

Creolenerd and Annylove like this.
  10. magical_al00

magical_al00 ✧・゚:*( ͡ꈍ ͜ʖ̫ ͡ꈍ )*:・゚✧

Reading List:
    Link
    so why the emperor brother like MC ? Isn’t he too supposed to be evil like his brothers ..

11. Annylove

Annylove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's skipping between past and present. All the parts with deon and Cassia and their aides are present, after the revolution. I am personally liking that the author and artist are giving vague informations in the middle and then slowly elaborating it. Like Cassia's sleep walking part was a little after the flashback which showed her mom sleepwalking. It subtly ties up the past incidences that shaped up today's situation. It has got a very soft, calm vibe which compliments the art style. Don't worry, the novel is also a lot similar in this, although it revealed her backstory a few chapters after making the grounds of the present situation instead of alternating. But i like manhwa style more. Coz i can't take the depressing past parts continuously and need the fluff of the present.

12. ailucasly

ailucasly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OH MY THANK U FOR EXPLAINING HAHA. Yup, now that I understand it, I also kinda prefer this kind of thing. Thank you!

MochizukiHitachiin and Annylove like this.
  13. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    I just spedread the novel and while not a masterpiece, I'd consider this great, even top tier writing (if anyone contradicts, I apologize if my standards are low)
    So, like what I mentioned on the recent comments on the manhwa, I'm glad the adaptation just... cut off the grandparents' already minor fates (unless ofc her stepfamily will become relevant later on. Any spoilers on them?)
    The emperor, while is essentially the one of the roots of the mother-child suffering ISN'T the scummiest type, he surprisingly... adores MC (even if MCs main purpose was to be her mother's hostage. The scumbag at least made sure his only known good is either preventing her mother's sleepwalking, be their short term protection, and even despising his alcoholic and rapist CP son)
    Random question since I spedread the novel just now... but which... consort is ML from?
    Back to my lengthy post, Madam Murphy and Sir Troy (heck, Hughes too are just so entertaining main recurring characters *they got the manhwa cover treatment. I want to BELIEVE they're super important) are my faves. Odd they have yet to show the box and kid scene?

Now for my request of spoilers
    a. MCxML moments?
    b. The white haired probable heroine MC is waiting for Deon?
    c. Deon's and other casts' reaction to MCs sleepwalking? I assume it'd be Madam Murphy who finds it first? I mean... its traumatizing enough that MC believes (if the manhwa translation team got it right or even the novel in MCs perspective) SHE MADE the doll and not her mom. Again, I spedread both so I could be wrong.
    When does MC find out she also sleepwalks
    d. Dragon antagonists' first appearance. Is he truly the spiteful god MC thinks he is?
    e. Purpose of MCs involvement
    f. how the 2nd consort and duke people were dealt with
    g. the creepy box thing
    h. has the empress (dowager) woke up from her coma?
    i. the trial and how it lead to ML instead granting anything MC wished for
    j. how long till emperor dies in the flashback?
    k. again, former stepfamily relevance?
    l. Any other female friendships for mc? Any future aides?
    m. love rivals? Both are stunningly beautiful
    n. Deon's cured color blindness?

14. Sakurahime10

Sakurahime10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It did skip a few details thats why I was a bit confused when I read the novel then the manhwa

so the grandparents were excited while their son I think it was implemented that he was beheaded and his head was displayed

15. Tt123

Tt123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much!!! That’s so sad i kinda hope he still alive but god this is heartbreaking

16. Akway830

Akway830 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the mother dead ? I hope no..

DOHere likes this.
  17. purple pink

purple pink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    another story m getting angst after the devil
    the novel is really long , hope fl-ml ended up together otherwise imma drop

kaedeyuuki, Dobokan, User2002 and 3 others like this.
  18. milktea05

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anybody provide concrete spoilers about mc and ml??

User2002 likes this.
  19. ujpo9

ujpo9 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I still don't like the fact that they're brothers even if they're not actually real brothers...

honingzoet and Gemie like this.
  20. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    I still don't get why 2nd consort is so hostile to our mother daughter pair. Unless the plan was ofc to somehow had CP be negatively affected after the rape attempt, then I guess there's some sense. I mean, its her timid but possibly magic innate talent son over a overall genius whose color blind. MC has beauty, sure. Mom has emperor's favor, but that's the thing. MC will never be empress of the sort. Going in blind with the new chaps though, I certainly did not expect ML to suggest Mom to slavery (which we expect we'll fail in some way, otherwise, why did we get the deal in the end?)