Korean The Princess is Going on Strike

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Guide1410, May 18, 2021.

1. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    upload_2021-5-18_17-44-10.jpeg
    Titles: 공녀는 지금부터 파업합니다 , The Princess is Going on Strike , The Duke's Daughter Is Going on Strike
    The Novel: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-princess-is-going-on-strike/
    Promo Manhwa: https://mangadex.org/title/50964/the-duke-s-daughter-is-going-on-strike-promo
    Novel Raws: https://page.kakao.com/home/공녀는-지금부터-파업합니다-[완결]/52642781 , https://ridibooks.com/books/2901002082 , https://series.naver.com/novel/detail.nhn?productNo=5104798
    Author: 가람달 (Garamdal),
    The author is @Moonhill1109 on Twitter, Some of their other works are I Don’t Trust My Twin Sister , The Terminally-Ill Side-Character Inside of a Martial Arts Novel , The Duchess Who Sees Ghosts , and some other works that doesn’t have available english translation on NU.
    Artist (of the novel’s illustration): 돼지케이크 (Pig Cake),
    The artist of the illustration of this novel is @tosikou on Twitter. Check their other works out!
    Serialization and Publishers: Kakaopage, RidiBooks, Naver, Crescendo, A:Tempo Media
    Language: Korean
    Year: 2019
    Genres and Tags: Fantasy, Romance, Shoujo, Female Protagonist, Determined Protagonist, Court Official, Second Chance, Time Travel, Complex Family Relationships, European Ambience, Nobles
    Status: 4 Volumes: 148 Chapters + 8 Extra Side Chapters (Completed)
    Description:
    Aeryl Frey Brixia had lived all her life hiding behind a mask. She was shunned by everyone including the father she craved affection from because of the ugly mark on her face that branded her a monster. At the end of her miserable life, she was falsely accused of selling military weapons to the enemy nation and sentenced to execution… The blade of the guillotine dropped and everything went black. The next time she opened her eyes, she was in her room again as a young girl. This time, she was determined things will be different. She will no longer be a puppet. She will no longer be manipulated. And the first thing for her to do is to cooperate with the two officers leading the investigation against her father.
    A reason this deserves translation:
    It was a interesting and good novel. But the translation was taken down at ch 3 and this novel left us curious with its alluring promo and no one really picked it up after that.

2. novel_manga-fan

novel_manga-fan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Deleted member 343051

Deleted member 343051 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  4. novel_manga-fan

novel_manga-fan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The first, the last, and the worst banquet of my life. I got goose bumps all over when I thought about stepping once again in the place where dreams dreams and hopes had smashed.
    What will happen there this time?

"When will Lord Belfort tell the story?"

I thought I would be delivered after the banquet. It was unlikely to cause an unsavory event during the Holy Empire Festival. Why don't I go to the banquet and hide in the corner?
    I couldn't just put myself in my shoes. I called the nanny who made the bed low.

"Yes, miss."

She smiled underneath the mask, looking at her straightening back and tapping her shoulders with her hands.

"Get me a dress. And I'll give you a week off. Go see your family."

The Imperial Banquet, which was held once every three years, basically followed the framework of the founding system. Of course, the National Foundation Day and the banquet were not on the same day, but for some reason, the National Foundation Festival was held together. Therefore, the size of the banquet was beyond imagination.
    The capital was a day and night festival, and many envoys from overseas participated in the celebration. In particular, it was the first time the crown prince was held shortly after he became an adult, and many local nobles who coveted the empty crown prince's seat expressed their willingness to participate.
    As a result, many aristocrats inflated their dresses like peacocks and decorated them with colorful colors, so they ran out of bright-colored fabrics without honoring the capital or province.

On the contrary, relatively dark fabrics were not popular. And I chose that dark color. I didn't have to go out and wear bright colors.
    I think the dark color would be more noticeable between the bright colors, but in fact, I would participate with a mask on, so it was clear that I would be nervous no matter what I wore. Therefore, it was better to participate in a dress made of dark colors so that it could melt well into the darkness.
    I was thinking of taking off my dress and putting on my pants, but I stopped. It was going to be a chisel advertising me to look at it. I sighed and looked outside from the carriage I was riding alone.
    The procession of participating in the banquet was lengthened in a day's distance from the capital.

Of course, the great nobility, the Brixia family, was an exception. I crossed the road comfortably, and unlike others who had to wait at least two days, there was no waiting time. At the start of the rider's hand gesture, the tightly closed gate opened.
    It was crowded outside the gates, but it was absolute chaos inside. The streets were full of hordes of nobles and plebeians seeking accommodation.
    Although the nobles would find accommodation through their connections or stay in other aristocrats' mansions, small and medium-sized aristocrats had to sell their own food.
    And the Brixian family, unlike other nobles, were staying in a special place.

"Welcome. We'll take care of the carriage. Duchess of Brixian, princesses and *Confucius, please stay in the pre-prepared accommodation. And the Duke. His Majesty asked me to bring you right away."

(*Does anyone know what Confucius means?

I often see this when I make MTL)

"Well."

Olden nodded as if he knew everything and smoothed his dwarf mustache.
    To match the value of Brixians name, the lodge was a separate palace located inside the Imperial Palace.
    Every time I came here, I was surprised by the size of the palace, but when I came back here, I felt a bit uncomfortable.
    First, she turned around with her bag, leaving the moving family behind. I'll find a room in the same position and turn it around, so I'm sure I'll bother you with this pod. I'd rather use a different room.
    After moving to the other side of the room where it was originally located, I caught a maid passing by. She opened her eyes round and bowed her head to see if she was surprised to see my mask.

"What's the matter?"
    "This room is empty, right?"

The maid, who glanced at the room I pointed to, looked embarassed.

"It's a room that hasn't been put away. Of course, basic cleaning is always done, but there's still a lack of things that suit the aristocracy's convenience."

"It's okay, as long as it's not someone else's room."

"Oh, I..."

I was about to turn, but I turned my head slightly to the voice calling for me.
    The startled face was grim: well, not once or twice, but as she shook her chin, the maid rolled her eyes around with a troubled face and opened her mouth, narrowing her eyes open.

"Well, there's no maid assigned to the room. So..."

"I don't need a maid."

"But..."

Maybe the little maid in front of me knows. What kind of family uses this palace. And who I am. To the people, I was just a monster.

"But?"

"If it turns out that the noble family were left alone, we'll be reprimanded..."

I gazed at the maid who was blurring her words. So you're afraid you'll get in trouble if they find out you left me alone, are you?
    It wasn't something to say in front of the nobles, but I secretly liked how she expressed herself clearly. She looked so confident.
    I opened my mouth recalling the number of maids brought by the Bricksia family.

"Your name is."

"What?"

"Your name."

"Oh, it's Alisa."

"Alisa, okay, here's the deal. Let's just say you manage my room in name and take care of me. Then you'll get immunity, so neither you nor the maid will have anything to do with it, right? But you don't have to take care of me.
    I'm good on my own. You only need to come and fix it when I need it. Got it?

"Then the meals..."

"I don't need that. Oh, just bring it to this room on time. I think most of them will be in this room, so if I need anything, you'll come."
    When the maid nodded with a trembling look on her face, she smiled underneath her mask.

I opened the door, put my bag in, and turned around.

"Then go ahead. I'll take care of the rest."

"Okay, miss."

She bowed immediately after a brief greeting. I also greeted lightly and came into the room and turned on the light.
    The room was generally clean, although it was not ready-made. I can't believe this is an unmanaged room. I'm laughing.
    I unpacked my bag and hung the dress in the closet first. It wasn't supposed to be brought like this, but it was dark, so I couldn't see the wrinkles well, and there was no problem because I could trim it separately later.
    Then, I put various books, paper, and pens on the desk, changed my clothes, and sat down on the chair. Only the place has changed anyway, what needs to be done hasn't changed.
    First and foremost, the flow of money was necessary to cover the eyes of the Brixia family and collect money. Olden, who lacked caution, didn't even know exactly how his family's fortune was flowing. If it's complicated, he throw it at me.
    All I had to do was take care of it.
    Thanks to him, I could see a flow of funds in my hand that he might not know if I stole. It's just, it's how you get it back.
    I tapped my pen and predicted a few things ahead. The most memorable thing in my head was the creation of the Imperial Guard Division. The newly established Knights Corps, led by the Crown Prince, consisted of several skilled knights, one of it's member.
    It was Belfold.
    Although the quality of the equipment was quite troubling at the time, it was certainly a money-making issue. Equipment that needs to be lightweight, hard and flashy. Naturally, it was a business brought by the Bricksia family, but the imperial family put it to auction.
    At that time, the Brixia family was so powerful that other families or guilds did not think of participating at all, but if the incident that Belford mentioned occurs, there will be a little gap.

If you're after that...
    There was a chance.
    I rolled some of the books I brought. The banquet and stuff didn't really matter to me.
    While the incompetent duke was enjoying a life of debauchery, it was only important to take my share.

So the evening passed, and as soon as the next morning came, the door opened.
    I didn't look ugly because I was sitting at my desk after washing up, but I didn't like the appearance of uninvited guests who came in recklessly.
    I put on a mask and turned my head. It was Arthurine who came into the room.
    She brings a book in her hand, beans on my desk! I put it down loudly and blinked. Is this where you study?

"Take responsibility."

Take responsibility out of the blue. As she lowered her gaze to the book and raised it again, Arthurin shouted with a red face.

"Take responsibility!"

It was not good to see a face that I didn't want to see from the morning breeze, but it was even worse to say that I should take responsibility.
    She stood up from her seat. I was much taller than Arthurine, so I could naturally look down at her. I knew she would recoil, but she opened her eyes vertically.

"You ruined it. What are you going to do? Huh?!"

"What am I doing?"

"What are you doing? You're talking about it now..."

"So, do you think it's polite to come into the room without permission from the morning and tell me to take responsibility?"

Arthurine, who was about to say something with a grinning mouth, soon shut up and tore her eyes.
    Perhaps because of her small head capacity, she opened her mouth again after a short pause.

"Did you do everything I told you a while ago?"

"What? Oh, assignment? Of course I didn't. There's no reason to do it."

"I told you to do it. Don't you remember?"
    "Me."

'When I answered plainy, I could see her smiling in vain. It was frightening to have her hand on my waist and she was making a very angry expression right now.
    As she looked at her tongue fresh under the mask, Arthurin only nodded, expressing that she didn't understand something. I would be like that, because if it were the old me, I would have shaved her head right away, not wanting to show up or be hated.
    'Especially, Olden loved Arthurine very much, apart from her lack of brain. She was so winsome and clean that Olden almost lived with Arthurine.
    As a result, even if I made a mistake, it went into Olden's ears, and the two unpleasant women retaliated immediately after swearing at me from behind.
    However, it was annoying and unpleasant now that I no longer needed the love or attention of the two. You're still treating me as a servant...
    Arthurin changed the mood by crossing her arms with a friendly expression.

I hope it wasn't too confusing. :blobsweat_2:

Last edited: May 19, 2021
    jkumi7, YoO Na, engengeng19 and 2 others like this.
  5. unknown1512

unknown1512 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
  7. chels_hotnacho

chels_hotnacho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler . Can i get more chaps please even if it's just the summary