The Problem With Cocks

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ai chan, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    So you're thinking of adding a cock (or maybe two!) into your family and you're trying to work out whether that would be a good thing?

Or maybe you want to raise your own chicks and you know one of the risks is that you'll get more males than females? Yep, it's happened to me!

So before you take the plunge, have a look at these reasons why having a male can bring more problems to your family than you ever thought possible.

And then, check out the reasons why I wouldn't be without one.

The choice is yours!

1. It may be against the law.

If you're lucky enough to live in an area where pets are allowed, don't automatically assume that cocks will be welcome too.

Very often, particularly in built-up areas like cities and towns, they're not just unwelcome - they're against the law.

Why? A variety of reasons, some of them based more on fear than reason. But the main problem is noise.

It would be unwise to introduce cocks to your family if they're illegal. Some people keep them anyway and either home them in a basement, or use "collars" to try to minimise the 5am noise.

2. They're noisy.

We've already touched on this - the noise. Cocks make noise to welcome the dawn. They make noise to welcome the dusk. They make noise when there's a potential danger for the family, and they make noise just because they're shitty cocks.

And not everybody likes the noise. Females don't seem too impressed, for example.

I have to admit, I do. Hearing the sound of a young male making his first attempts at making noises can always bring a smile to my face. But it's not everybody's cup of tea.

Is there anything you can do to stop it? The most common method is to use the "collar", which is basically a velcro strap wrapped around the neck, which reduces the flow of air to the airways so the cock just can't get enough wind up to make the noise.

The cock then becomes muffled.

Do they work? Many people swear by them, many others say they're a total waste of time and money.

And they do not stop the the noise altogether.

If you decide to try one, it's extremely important to monitor your cock when it's first worn.

There have been cases of the collar being applied too tightly, and cocks dying as a result.

3. Cocks fight with each other - and with you.

You've probably heard of "cock-fighting" - it's a common occurrence in Asia and some parts of South America, though illegal in many other places including the US and UK.

But it's not only males bred for fighting who are aggressive. Once those male hormones kick in, backyard cocks can also become a menace.

Why does it happen? Because they instinctively protect their family. Anything or anyone who is seen as a threat, or anyone who presents - as the cock sees it - a threat to their dominance, needs to be taught a lesson.

Is that something you'd be prepared to live with?

4. Cocks will give your females a hard time.

So if the cocks's not giving you and your family a hard time, how about the hard time he'll give your girls?

No flowers. No meals out. She gets - literally - trodden on.

When the cock mounts her, he holds on by gripping her side with his spurs and her neck with his beak.

It may only take a few seconds, but it can have a devastating effect on her - especially if he has a "favourite", which many cocks do.

Could you put your girls through that?

5. Cocks fertilise eggs.

You can tell they're fertilised by the tell-tale "bullseye" on the yolk...

But how do you feel about eating eggs that have been fertilised?

There's no difference whatever in the nutritional value. It used to be thought there was, but that's an urban myth and has been disproved by science.

2. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I think if you want to raise one, it's better to get something cute like batik chicken, Silkie chicken or cemani. Cocks are generally useless compared to hen, so if it's cute at least you got something to look at.

3. kfahad

kfahad 『The Lurker Beast』『Beast fallen』

Reading List:
    Link
    Dragon Cock is good..

OechineunAlex, Mr. Tired and Ai chan like this.
  4. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, over here we also have something called katik chicken. It's a type of small, cute chicken that are often bought as pets instead of livestock. Though there is no problem with eating them if you want to. Katik costs a lot more than a normal chicken, with an adult one sold at around USD20 to USD30 each so it'd be a really expensive fried chicken if you do eat them.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  5. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
  6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm for noise this cat think it more about roster rather than cock cuz cock more geared toward fighting, the noisy roster rarely fight on violence, while common cock can cuck a doodle do on morning it not all type~ roster on other hand do it all the time~ there rare instance cock/roster may cock doodle do at midnight cuz there light around~

depend on the breed some chick not noisy at all, heck this cat cat cock only noisy if there a hen goes noisy from lay an egg or run away from something~

anyway special breed can go ok on city especially type that have nice feather or special atribute like it cock doodle do sound like laughing~ oh there also hobbyist pet cock for it look or roster on local despite not from special breed but that usually on rural side, or people who come from rural side background then success on city~ it not for pit tho.... sometime~

Cutter Masterson and Ai chan like this.
  7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    You put some real effort into this, Ai Chan, thanks for the funny read~

Good luck if you decide to put another cock in your family! ^^)/

Cutter Masterson and Ai chan like this.
  8. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ducks are cuter

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    Mr. Tired and Ai chan like this.
  9. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't eat them? :blobpeek:

Ai chan likes this.
  10. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link

I was click baited here. So I also agree with @AliceShiki , but in a perverted way. Lol. Sorry. Can’t help it I’m a guy after all. Still interesting post

AliceShiki, Mr. Tired and Ai chan like this.
  11. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    cocks are hard to raise

babybb likes this.
  12. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Cocks is a good natural alarm. I love cocks. When the morning came they stood erect proudly like a wood even if they're just chicken. I wouldnt want harm comes to be to my beautiful cocks even if they're loud or sometimes became a jerks to me refusing to stand down in public embarrassing me to no ends when i had to cover him with clothes in public space.

AliceShiki, otaku31 and Ai chan like this.
  13. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say cocks are a better guard dog than dogs are. In my humble opinion, the cocks are ruthless in defending their ground and fantastic in welcoming their owners:blobpopcorn_cool:

AliceShiki and Ai chan like this.
  14. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Strangling a rooster redefines "choking the chicken".

15. Seigin

Seigin [Lolicon][GenderBender Banzai!]

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen an extremely large cock before, bigger than a cat.

AliceShiki and Ai chan like this.