LCD The Protagonists Are Murdered by Me

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by oblueknighto, Aug 12, 2020.

1. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    It only gets better after we point out some mistakes that were just beyond obvious. Some pages back i think i quoted something like 'you call a 15 year old hunter a dog'.
    When even MTL would've told me it was someone that's been a hunter FOR 15 years. Or at least common logic from knowing the age of the MC not being 15. 'dogs' being looked down upon is something general for the novels from that region and it'd be obvious nobody is talking about an actual dog or being called one. It's like , if i translated 'bitch' into female dog. :blobpats:

I did go back and check, they did alter that and it went from wtf is this crap to meh this is not up to par. Problem is, we can't tell when they "fix" the horrific mistakes and eventually nobody will bother to try anymore and point things out to them.

(meanwhile, the split chapters also add into the drop in reading popularity and listing, ending up with a quality novel being covered in dust and forgotten. Centinni has made me drop at least 5 series)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    chomer and Korleone like this.
  2. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is that they are willing to accept anyone as long as they are willing to continue translating and they expanded too fast. They do have some good Korean TLers though.
    Yui(TLer of "Tutorial Is Too Hard") and Kris Wu(TLer of "Have A Meal Before You Go") and the TLers of "Possessing Nothing are actually pretty good. Besides those translators/novels they range from Meh to pretty bad.

3. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, there's a few good ones. Like

I’m the Evil Lord of an Intergalactic Empire!
    Which i found no fault with at all.

But everything that's been picked up lately has been terrible. Like Desire (mogma) , 20 chapters in and it turns into what this LCD novel is facing too.

A problem is, if the current translator stops they'll just replace them with whomever and it'll turn into the same issue.

4. Yasi

Yasi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just took a look at a random text from one of Centinni's translation. Here's from chapter 55.2.

KR text
    Centinni's text
    MTL text
    The current translator add in words that are not in the original text to make it seem like it's not barely edited and just enough to get by NU's rule. Not only that, they skip over words that they don't know how to translate and/or adding in words not in the original context. This isn't a one off occurrence either. I checked a few more of the later chapters and it's like this.

It's whatever to me because many KR novels that I've read on NU lately are like this. Just sucks for the readers because they can't check and wouldn't know.

As for splitting chapters into parts, I personally don't fault them for doing it. The chapters are quite long. It range from 2500 words to 3500 words. Though, personally, I would just translate it all at once then release it.

chomer, animefan4004 and elengee like this.
  5. animefan4004

Reading List:
    Link
    I really with Active Translations took this series rather than Centinni, he would have definetly done a much better job.

6. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What I do when Centinni releases a bad chapter.
    CE010535-CC9A-484F-8D56-863A602F7A6B.gif

elengee likes this.
  7. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    RIP indeed

8. Not Red Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do people release chapters in parts? Is it for ad revenue and such like I suspect? Or is it something else.

I can understand if certain chapters are super long but when they are short like these I start to wonder. :hmm::hmm::hmm:

9. animefan4004

Reading List:
    Link
    It's because they need a whole bunch of time to try to make the novel readable from the MTL, they are obviously MTLing it and this novel is practically unreadable in MTL so it's taking them a long time to do it.

There is also the fact that splitting chapters gives the novel more views.

10. Not Red Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    Splitting chapters unnecessary cause me not to read them though since I have bad experience with them. There was one translator who split chapters into parts and labeled them as separate chapters so they’d get more money from donations.

Korleone and elengee like this.
  11. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    The translations are butchered by me. :blobsalute:

12. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO:

13. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the same though, AT is meh too.

14. animefan4004

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it really isn't. Active Translations is an actual legit Korean translator and he has also stated he would have hired another experienced Korean translator to help translate this series. Centinni really can't compare.

15. Yasi

Yasi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read chapter 64 part 2...oh god the 'sweet potatoes.' If it is what I think it is, it's an idiom...you're not suppose to translate it literally as sweet potato. It means something like 'aggrieved.' Not love interest/harem member.

elengee likes this.
  16. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But the quality of the novel translation is meh, I read DK, VIP and it feels like MTL with good editing. NDE too.

17. animefan4004

Reading List:
    Link
    VIP and NDE's translation gets much better as to continue to read it though. I won't say that the quality is bad, more like a solid 8/10 as of the current state, as Active said himself:
    "Instead of uploading 25 chapters a month at a 10/10 quality, the teams aim for 48-140 chapters a month at a 7.5-8.5 quality."

He does have some good quality translation though, like "I Became The First Prince" and "Regressor Instruction Manual". So I suggest you check the latest chapters those stories out if you want to see how good his quality can be.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  18. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't give it more than a 6.5/10 but it is indeed readable as they don't add random things that weren't there in original text and they get the idioms and cultural sayings right. There's still a few flaws here and there, but the translation speed more than makes up for that, ending with an 8 overall in satisfaction. Kind of hard to compete with people like Deathblade who translated ISSTH for instance, they set the bar very high.

In comparison i wouldn't even rate centinni as a translation for most of their novels.

19. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    So thats why those harem protagonist didnt touch the women thats throwing themsef at him.. what a cruel ability indeed...

20. dats

dats Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    been a week with no chapter. any news guys ?

i just read yesterday n it already become my fav so far lol

edited. joined discord. translator havin exam for 2 weeks :((.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020