Picked Up The Record of the Di Daughter's Rebirth

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by c888, Feb 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. c888

c888 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: 嫡女重生记 The Record of the Di Daughter's Rebirth
    Raw Link: not letting me put this since I have fewer than 5 posts
    NU Link:
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: One of the best rebirth stories!
    Description: Murcott, Thank you for the updated title translation and please see Murcott for story description below.

I didn't know how to translate the title until Murcott translated it but it is one of the best rebirth stories I have read. It is rather long 2200+ but the character development is tight and the story while long is fraught with challenges that actually makes sense. I liked it so much I used google translate to read and yes all 2285 chapters. Please some kind translator who likes a good character development and tight plot pick this up!

Apologies for not using the template. Will do from now on. One of the reasons I joined was because I really wanted someone to translate this novel.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  2. arceus

arceus The Invisible Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Follow the rules, please. Use this template and edit your request.

Name:
    Raw Link:
    linkhere.com
    NU Link: linkhere.com
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    Description:

c888 and Shance like this.
  3. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    People that post in Pick Up sub-forum.....even if you guys are newbie, the "Use This Template" should be quite Obvious to see, Pinned on Top. Should try to follow it sometimes
    Search name: Qidian novel. Throw this to Qidian forum.(Liking how the top search is for a Pirate site, and the 2nd is for Qidian. Meaning people read this on Pirate site more)

c888 likes this.
  4. dzymmer

dzymmer {LURKER}{Ghost}

Reading List:
    Link
    How the hell did you even read google mtl?!
    I tried that once and it wouldn’t even load.:blobdead::blobdead:

Elliana, Wujigege and Kutaifa like this.
  5. Freezy

Freezy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WTF, jesus. GT to read, man, hope you at least know a few pirate sites now.

c888 likes this.
  6. Murcott

Murcott Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    嫡女重生记 The Record of the Di Daughter's Rebirth
    by
    六月浩雪 The Vast Snow of June

In her house she was invisible¹, after marriage she was a decorative vase, and ultimately she was given a burial by a sea of flames, without even an intact corpse. This is the portrait of Han Yu Xi's former incarnation. Living laboriously for a lifetime, Han Yu Xi strove to improve herself, wishing only to no longer serve as a foil or pretty face, and afterwards to seek out an ideal husband, to pass a lifetime safe and sound, with riches and honor. Unfortunately, things turned out contrary to her wishes, she married a master² who bore an enmity as deep as a sea of blood. Han Yu Xi's time on earth started to overturn the heavens and the earth³; however, her new life was nevertheless a road to happiness strewn with setbacks, sweetness beginning after bitterness finishes.

¹ the original expression was a nickname given to Canada from Hetalia because of his personality
    ² an archaic word meaning both master and husband
    ³ in complete confusion

The Vast Snow of June has already completed this novel: 《Sweet-tempered and gentle rebirth》, 《Aristocratic family》

This book was completed July 2015 with 2,774,878 characters. There is one free volume of 41 chapters, and three VIP volumes each varying from 80,000 characters to 175,000 characters.

7. chrissy987

chrissy987 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, MTL-ed the first few chapters and it was quite interesting! I hope it would be picked up!~

8. c888

c888 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really hope some kind translator will pick this up (please!!!). I can help edit. It is a really good book. It actually has a plot and although it is a vengeful story more than anything else it is about living well. If nobody picks this up I'm going to speed learn Chinese (is that even possible?) and try my own translation in the next 6 months. I'm shuddering at the outcome but I'm going to try. It would be too much of a pity if nobody picks this book up.

chrissy987 likes this.
  9. vintaege

vintaege Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I could consider~ but can you provide me some tags and describe the main characters a bit, so I can get a bit more of a grasp on the novel? I'd read it myself, but I rarely have time to read anymore x_x Normally, I read as I translate.

c888 likes this.
  10. c888

c888 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @vintaege, thanks for considering!
    Han Yu Xi in her former life was burned alive. She was forced and threatened by her father to marry her former husband who married her because she just happened to be related to the empress who is her sister. Her former husband was enamored with the empress and deliberately ignored her and later accused her of hurting his pregnant mistress. She was relegated to the zuangxi ( I believe) and when she ran away to get help from her family the guards mistook her as a sick person because she did not look well and threw her in the pile of bodies to be burned. She was burned alive. She came back to when she is 4 or 5 years old when she immediately faces another event where her own grandmother tires to kill her but she survives and tries with all her might to enable herself so she doesn't need to depend on anyone else. She no longer wants to be the stepping stool for anybody!
    She desperately tries to learn from people around her, for example, learning embroidery so she can sell her work if needed to provide money for herself. Though her own desperation to survive and live happily she is hardest on herself to learn everything about the world around her.

I will say even though she is reborn she is not a vindictive person, she just wants to live well but when the world threatens to use her as a stepping stool she will not back down and will make sure those who threatens her does not live well.

I hope you will translate this novel. It is a long novel but it is so well fleshed out even when I google translated it!!!

govindec likes this.
  11. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Noo!! :blobowoevil_horns:

Try to tempt @ludagad
    I have retired from translating Chinese novels

c888 likes this.
  12. vintaege

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, I'll try to translate a chapter today and see how it goes. If I do pick it up though, it'll take a while before I start actively posting, because I'd need some time to stockpile over vacation, which is in a week. I'm already working on 3 other novels, that's why, but it doesn't take long for me to read and convert Chinese since I lived there for a good chunk of my life. It's just the wording and editing that'll take me a bit longer.

chrissy987 and c888 like this.
  13. Alina Moktan

Alina Moktan LaLisa Stole My Heart

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you please picked up fiercer illegit miss. It's has short chapter. Please picked up fiercer illegimate miss. Mc is Mafia boss and cold stronger who doesn't care about statue. She beat anyone who harm her stepmother father and Princess. She even beat male lead. It's has drop 5 month

14. vintaege

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, that's one of the novels I'm going to pick up soon~

Alina Moktan likes this.
  15. Alina Moktan

Alina Moktan LaLisa Stole My Heart

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank thank you so much. This novel is only I really wanted to read badly.

16. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not my type of novel tho xD;; The plot and characters are too boring to me.

Kalione, Wujigege and Aris12 like this.
  17. c888

c888 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG, Thank you for the chapter! And thanks so much for considering it when you are already working on 3 other novels. It is a great novel! And if you need any help (I'm sorry, I don't know Chinese - I'm regretting so much not learning it. I had French) and if it is within my capability I'll help. Thank you!!!!

18. c888

c888 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the characters because they don't have cheat sheets. They are hard working, smart, enablers, and the overall plot is very well fleshed out. I also like the fact the characters are not fools and the same plot is not regurgitated repeatedly. The enemies themselves are smart and not just one-dimensional characters. Further, I like the fact that the protagonist is a female that supports and respects herself and other females.

I'm trying to sell you the story but I totally understand we all have preferences and thanks for considering!

chrissy987 likes this.
  19. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    It sure sounds wholesome. It's not a problem with the novel, but with my tastes. I admit I like the junk food version of these web novels. I can do without the repetitive plot for sure, but I like my MC invulnerable and smarter than the villains, so I can read stress-free. I like the ML decent and dreamy, so I can keep my blood pressure from rising. I like the romance exciting rather than slow and realistic, to suit my escapist tendencies. I want to see the MC rely on herself to make her life better, rather than rely on a man and/or marriage, I want to see her grow a business and make powerful connections and rise in the world. I want to see the MC have adventures and experience interesting events, so my imagination gets engaged. That's why I'm into Quick Transmigration right now - it gives me a lot of variety. A wholesome novel like this one here would have been my read 4 years ago when I was just starting out on Chinese novels. Now it just doesn't hold my attention. My tastes have degenerated too much xD;;.

chrissy987 and Fuyuneko like this.
  20. c888

c888 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @ludagad

I actually love those novels too since I also read novel as an escape but I really do think you will love this novel because except for the slow burning and yeah realistic growth of their relationship and even then it is the slowly burning type - it is really beautiful because he totally respects her even from the beginning and even confers her the title of co-ruler because he respects and supports her and really he is the sword and she is the brain ;) not to say he isn't smart but she is really really smart and capable. And they have the biggest business of them all. I won't give out too much spoilers oops. I already did!

And no I don't think your taste has degenerated since I also like quick transmigration and I just finished doomed to be cannon fodder and I enjoy them both ;-) Sorry for the long rambling but when I like something I can talk on and on... I'll stop now. Thanks for considering!

Fuyuneko and ludagad like this.