LCD The Records of the Human Emperor

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by gaianova, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting. Who on earth did he provoked to the point that not one, but multiple numbers (and multiple batches) of assassins were sent right after him?

Shadowsan likes this.
  2. gaianova

gaianova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By the way, I realized a lot of people seem to think that the Sage Emperor is an incompetent ruler. While the Sage Emperor has made many bad decisions, I disagree that he's an incompetent one.

For one, in that era, information is sparse and it's hard to make good decisions. Even in our information age, where we can base decision on data we receive, governments over the world still make plenty of mistakes. I think the expectation of the Sage Emperor is too high in the first place, he's not exactly infallible despite his reputation.

Secondly, many decisions can easily go both ways. Great Tang is suffering from a lot of problems, and the Sage Emperor did try to solve them. For example, the regional commanders policy is aimed to strengthen Great Tang's army so that they could fend off external enemies, but who could have thought that the Sage Emperor would trust the wrong man and eventually turn it against himself? The same goes with the others as well. It's easy to say when things are done and over, but in the face of uncertainty, it's impossible to know what's the correct decision, and he could only make the best option in front of him.

At the very least, the Sage Emperor does know what he's doing and he has clear goals. He does have an understanding of the threat Great Tang faces and he deals with them. While he has trusted the wrong people here and there, he has also brought many capable officials into the royal court as well. In comparison to the other emperors in history, I think that he has already done plenty well.

Luffy1996, Shadowsan and Lianna like this.
  3. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm... 1 month hiatus.

On the other hand...

I think its because of factionism.

King Song and King Yao, or was it Qi, have different agendas. The problem was, in the first place (which later to a certain extent Wang Chong "realigned" certain things) I don't see any of the members of the court being truly "aligned" with the Royal Court. The Sage Emperor also hasn't really put his foot down on certain things, due to the sensitivity of the issue. But one thing does pop up. If the Sage Emperor refuses to budge for Wang Chong or for the "naturalized" citizens (the Hus), it means only one thing. His sphere of influence, or the power he wields isn't strong enough to bend them down to his will (considering in the first place, it was his nation's strength that subjucated a portion of the Hus, while naturalizing them into the country). Yet, even within his own court, there's a fire, when you look at how the princes and princesses fight with each another vying to be next in line.

4. AeonicI

AeonicI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ..... Why did the TL start tling another novel before finishing this? I feel so empty right now.:blobconfounded:

Haiku575 and Lianna like this.
  5. gaianova

gaianova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After following The World Online, I feel as though the Emperor is doing a similar thing to what the MC in TWO did. He's simply stepping back and letting his officials and ministers take care of most of the work, and only stepping in when he feels that it is absolutely necessary. If he was to participate and make every single decision, not only would it waste a lot of his time, it might also not be very efficient if he's not very knowledgeable about the subjects.

As for his sphere of influence not being strong enough to bend others to his will, I have no idea where you got that from. From the Consort Taizhen incident alone, you should have been able to see it. Most of the officials were against it, but the Emperor was still able to say "Stfu. Idc." And what was the end result? The people who opposed him got demoted/exiled/punished, and things still followed the Emperor's will.

As for the infighting between the royal children, I'm pretty sure that's something the Emperor tacitly allows, so long as it doesn't cross a certain line. I'm pretty sure it was stated that the Emperor himself wasn't the heir apparent, yet was still able to climb his way to the throne.

Luffy1996 likes this.
  7. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imo , the emperor is not stupid, he's looking for an heir.

In these day and age if an emperor wants to kill, he'd just kill. But the entire kingdom will fall once he's dead. I think he's letting his kids to bicker and fight to see who can come up on top so he can pass his throne.

Luffy1996 likes this.
  8. Archmagination2002

Archmagination2002 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anybody else knows what is up with the long hiatus on the latest chapters? It drives me crazy when translators just abruptly stop for awhile with no posts explaining why. (Calling out Reincarnator's translator especially)

9. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    It was stated previously that the translator was taking a month break in order to fulfill their commitments for their other translations:

" I'll be going on a month's hiatus on May to catch up on all of my other work.

3 chapters a week (2 LoHP + 1 RHE) is really difficult for me with other things to cope with as well, and my translation speed has only been getting slower with time. I must say that translating The Records of the Human Emperor hasn't been easy with me, and I ended up devoting most of my time to this novel that I ended up depleting the stockpile of my other novel, so I will have to take some time off from this to catch up with the other and at least build a sizeable stockpile for this one as well so that I can ensure regular posts.

I'll be refunding those who have donated recently (if the money isn't refunded, do PM me on Discord, the link is on every post of RHE). I seek your understanding for this. "

Source: GravityTales

Also, when they say 3 chapters a week, I'm pretty sure they meant 3 chapters a day xD

10. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Question does the author explain why there is no black people on this world. It seems like the condition are right for black people to running around.

11. Lokumi

Lokumi 『The second greatest trash of society』

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean? This world seems based on history of China (not accurately but still). And I'm not really sure that China and Africa came in contact in the past

Luffy1996 likes this.
  12. waleuska

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but he said world.

"Wang Chong chuckled within. There were no black men in this world, so it was unlikely that little uncle would understand his joke."

13. Lokumi

Lokumi 『The second greatest trash of society』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, I'm doing the devil's advocate here:
    I think China for long time was calling herself as the world (like the Greek could call themselves the center of the world) so when they say world they mean China and the surrounding countrys.

14. waleuska

Reading List:
    Link
    i think that is fine but it it seems so odd and out of place.

Lokumi likes this.
  15. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    It's probably the same thing as the Phillipines (or was it Japan?), I forgot which country it was, but in this alternate universe, that country doesn't exist.

16. shuiko

shuiko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One day this will get a full time TLer.. right? Less love cause its 17k so sad.. but so goodddddddddddddddddd

Haiku575 likes this.
  17. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @waleuska
    They did, extensively, as such things go, though predominately northern africa to start with around 2000 BCE, so it's conceivable, as you said. However, racism is pretty huge in china, even among 'natives', as the novel is showing, so I'm not surprised. Fun Fact: There used to be about 50 or so different cultural groups in china, but all are more or less suppressed in favor of the Han chinese, who are all believed to be the descendents of the Yellow Emperor. Heck, when the Olympics were held in Beijing, one of the cultural parades consisted of 50 or so cute little kids, each dressed up in the authentic clothing of each of the cultural subgroups in China - but all the kids, and everybody else in the entire parade, were all Han chinese, which earned a tremendous - and quickly and brutally suppressed - mockery from just about everyone. That really comes across clearly with all this Han / Hu politics in the novel.

When I read novels like this, I sometimes have trouble wondering "do chinese kids really think this way about other people?!". I've been told that 'most chinese' look past the censorship and propaganda, but then we got Trump, and I need to get some anti-depressives. : |

Still, I hope the translation gets picked up again. I thought it was one of the better 'second chance' novels out there; a fantasy novel with a twist, rather than teenage wish-fulfillment live-my-life-again-but-smarter nonsense.

Lokumi likes this.
  18. Xiao x2

Xiao x2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoiler regarding the harem? If possible please be elaborate.

PS: The romance is way too ambiguous.

19. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No romance till the latest raw

20. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    There isn't one. I mean, there are several girls who are somewhat interested in MC, but he's too busy to focus on it, and it also seems like the plot/author doesn't really want to do any romance for the foreseeable future.