LCD The Records of the Human Emperor

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by gaianova, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Lawlyeth

Lawlyeth [Gorrila Warfare Expert]

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished the raws (ar least what is out , it's ongoing at 535 chapters and 1chapter daily)
    It doesn't go by the basic xianxia trope , there is still bad guy that no matter the cost want to pee on the MC because of trivial matter but well.
    There is not a lot of fighting , yet.
    Half of what is written is about political / battle of wits and things like that , it's still wayy better than the usual How to do a punch 101 that we see in xianxia , I don't think the author drag things too long , but well I speedrunned 500 chapters so maybe my pov is warped.
    There's no non-sense or repeat in what is written , even if it's about politic / wits or others it's not boring at all and the pacd is correct

The raws are at 535 , and shit happens.
    After 500 chapters it's been 1 year since he reincarnated , well he's preparing for a 30 year later war (the non-human bad guys) and the numerous wars between
    The author can easily make a 1500+ chapters novel , and if he's time skipping , well ewcept if he drop the novel bit the quality of the novel is too high to be dumbly dropped
    90% of the potential harem members are tsundere tiger woman , the last 10% are tsundere tiger woman that became awed over 9000 by the MC and put him on a pedestal and basically are now subordinates
    His techniques are weird , he's basically stackin heaven defying techniques that no-one has since 10 000years except for him .
    The thing is that they are forgotten pretty quick (barbaric god , the thing for arm speed and others) , so we don't know if it's obsoletr before of his increased cultivation level or because it's too op to have too more and the author got scared
    He spent 3 months playing chess against an old man (that is in fact the best general pf the previous era or something) that has a technique that no one else has and people were ashamed because in the future with the death of the old man it was lost and it is an op technique
    After 3 months the old man left and gave him the technique
    He spent 10days training in this technique that more or else refined his qi into sword qi and use the said qi into attackinf multiple ennemies from afar more easily, he said that he was half a layer of the first layer or something
    300 chapters later it was only used against rocks when he was cultivating it and since then it was never spoken about

Maybe it's a passive thing or it was only for future subordinates but still , there are also other techniques like that that are only flatly spelled/used a few chapter after it was obtained but soon forgotten

His cultivation speed is slow (and moreover he's a basic xianxia MC that cultivate a technique that no one want to except emperors because it require 10 times the same amount of hardwork for the same rank than others an even with increased layer of the technique you lose some cultivation ranks that you has to re-take but it's still an op technique)but he also get an heaven defying technique that only one other person has in the world that can basically steal a few of the cultivation of others when you kill them , so when
    he's in a war with thousands of troops he quickly bypass everyone in cultivation , like months of cultivationd in a few dozens kills of the same rank , the onky drawback is that you become really bloodthirsty and it's recognized as a very evil technique
    We're only starting to talks about the seven princes , he's already chosen a side but non-officially
    He basically has the wang clan and king song under his palm , even if officially he doesn't have a title yet he has a hige reput through the swords he sell and the things he helped king song do (and there's someone under his palm in the palace too )
    Even if he doesn't explain the reason why , a lot of people will help him
    He tried once to kill a really big bad guy when he was still weak and that everyone in the future has peed on his tombstone but destiny/the world blocked him (he basically called everyone he knows , encircled the bad guy but each time he very luckily escaped and in the end was saved , basically there was strong gust of winds , thunder , storm when they tried to kill him , the stone said he's valued at 400 points, in the end he escaped for 5min , like the strike were reppeled by a very lucky lightning , gust of wind that made so everyone couldnt follow him and finally the bad guy got rescued by his adoptive father that's also an admiral , well)
    He's a foreigner , the adopter son of the biggest admiral of the north (there's no higher rank except for minister I think , in military ) , it isn't especially explained but he did(/will) something like killing his father and rallying all the foreigners troops/general of great tang (there's a lot , like you will see in the next arc ) and rekting the great tang by the back even more when they were at war from all sides
    The war started at ~470, he couldn't stop it even if he tried , great tang is attacked by all sides and he's trying to help the side that was supossed to be reckted by
    Using the swords money to make an army and using the seal of the people he helped (/king song and another) to forcefully control of the troops that are at the place that is almost rekted
    (He couldn't stop it even if he tried , every country in the world see great tang as a great meat pie for plot reasons , this douchebag even accelerated it)
    The wang clan isn't rekted , king song isn't rekted and both has a little more political power , the MC never did something really great except for the swords (well he's 16 and except for until now is cultivation is sh*t and he has no official title) , he just stopped/reduced bad things from happening
    he doesn't has any title but basically there is no one that doesn't know him in great tang and no one think he's a jackass (except for very thorny things like commanding troops)
    At least to what we see , the rank ahead of origin energy (that use astral qi and i think is called true something ) is soldiers/guards , the rank above is called prfound something and is basically officers of a few thousands soldiers , we only saw once a profound peak and is a guard of someone very important
    Young master of ~20years old that are of elites clans are all of the ranks of the one above origin we hear sometimes about ranks upper, like saint something but it's not used even in
    150 000 people battle
    The MC is op so ofc at 535 he's at true peak
    The history isn't explained flatly , but basically great tang conquered a lot of land 80-100 years ago , they didn't kill everyone and used the one that stayed as workforce , and even now 80 years later they still call themselves foreigner , they gaigned ranks and now there is even foreigners in the upper ranks of the military (sometimes they fight against heir own "people")
    It look like what trump would write if he was doing xianxia

It's what the next arc is about.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  2. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Lawlyeth
    you mean as in the strongest in the realm?
    do you think there are more realm afterwards ?

finally people know his identity
    but i want to see more interactions

3. Lawlyeth

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean what I've written in Destiny ?
    No , not that BIG of a bad guy yet , but still to make a comparison when the MC saved the wang clan from getting rekted by both qi and song he only got like 40 points
    He's a foreigner , the adopter son of the biggest admiral of the north (there's no higher rank except for minister) , it isn't especially explained but he did(/will) something like killing his father and rallying all the foreigners troops/general of great tang (there's a lot , like you will see in the next arc ) and rekting the great tang by the back even more when they were at war from all sides

The history isn't explained flatly , but basically great tang conquered a lot of land 80-100 years ago , they didn't kill everyone and used the one that stayed as workforce , and even now 80 years later they still call themselves foreigner , they gaigned ranks and now there is even foreigners in the upper ranks of the military (sometimes they fight against heir own "people")
    It look like what trump would write if he was doing xianxia

4. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nah i asked if his cultivation is kinda like
    Coiling dragon
    saint realm
    demi-god
    god
    high god
    etc

5. Lawlyeth

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh forgot that part
    Don''t think there is more realms , he care too much about politics and his subordinates/family to even if it existed to not go.
    We know that there is also "sects" (an evil old man that got deeply injured by his own disciple for a pill , he should have the strength of a sect leader / he has the same strength as the previous era strongest admiral , they don't know something as big as that so I think no
    (It's not Immortal emperor but human emperor so ?, there is generals that look like very old grandpa , so no immortality for you but maybe 100-200 years of lifespan )

Maybe in the future there will be battle only with generals so we will know their ranks , but actually there is not a lot of fighting with high cultivation ranks , and when he see someone with a very strong aura he doesn't say the actual rank and only some shit like "that's what true power look like blablabla"
    At least there is the rank that he was in the past , and the rank higher than that that he couldn't attain because he dind' tcultivate at the right time and so had weak bones

There is 3 known big ranks (origin, true, profound) , I don't see it be more than 6-ranks otherwise it would be them wiping a country with a wave of the hand.
    (The old steward that is always along king song is profound peak , and the MC has subordinates that trained they entire life and only are true peak (maybe it's got to do with pills ? There is basically no pills to normal cultivator and onky the palace has some))

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  6. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was pretty epic to see him leading the tens of thousands of troops that his brother was in charge of, and destroying the tens of thousands of enemies that tried to destroy them. I especially liked the reaction from his father's subordinates. That was great. I'm also looking forward to seeing his father and brother's reaction to his new personality/ability. It's going to be great.

Also, I'm kind of curious as to where the commander in chief of the southwest front is. He seems to have disappeared with his 40,000 troops.

7. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on what we know so far, there are at least 5 cultivation ranks:

Origin Energy Realm
    True Martial Realm
    Profound Martial Realm
    Saint Martial Realm
    God Martial Realm

There may be some cultivation ranks between Profound and Saint, but otherwise God is probably the highest.

Just for some clarification about the cultivation ranks, Wang Chong, in his previous life, managed to reach the peak of the Saint Martial Realm. Similarly, the other high level commanders are at that rank (people like the Great Generals that defend Great Tang's borders, Wang Chong's grandfather, etc). The mid level commanders are usually at Profound Martial Realm (so people like Wang Chong's father probably and some other generals). Also, all soldiers usually have a cultivation of at least the True Martial Realm.

Luffy1996 likes this.
  8. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting.
    So now, Wang Chong would have a master behind him. But isnt this a bit too smoothsailing?

9. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Second Chance MCs are like this. Given how the previous matter was handled with a Chain of Deals, I expect that getting this particular master will involve more hi-jinks.

Drake98 likes this.
  10. Lawlyeth

Reading List:
    Link
    well the last chapters was epic ofc , but I personnaly disliked the reaction of his elder brother subordinate chen (don't know why , maybe because that's the hundreth time that he's underestimated only because he's young.)

Luffy1996 likes this.
  11. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't say so.

The only reason why Wang Chong has a master is because he knew that his master has a certain cultivation technique that is really strong and one that he wants. And, well, in order to get it, he had to acknowledge him as master.

Also, while his master was pretty strong, due to having been betrayed by his previous disciple, he had basically become crippled (though he is still pretty strong, just not top tier like he was previously). And due to his previous disciple and their group still going after him, Wang Chong's master doesn't do much. He isn't like Wang Chong's guardian or personal assassin or anything like that. He simply stays behind at Wang Chong's base to protect it as best he can and slowly recover.

It wasn't simply because Wang Chong was young. It was due to his reputation. From what Uncle Chen could remember, Wang Chong was a rebellious brat who didn't study anything, or train in anything, so for him to just suddenly appear on a battlefield, and wanting to gain control over the troops available would of course raise some eyebrows. And then to actually see him be a capable commander would be another huge surprise. So I wouldn't say that his reaction was over the top or unrealistic or anything like that.

Lawlyeth likes this.
  12. gaianova

gaianova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You all are tempting me to read ahead >:

13. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    You should. It's a pretty good read (especially when you can just skim through and focus on the good or more important parts) xD

14. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Minor thing, but am I the only one who finds the idea of using jewels on a sword made for the army annoying?

Ceremonial swords often have jewels, but swords made for killing...? Just increases the weight, and spoils the balance. The only use of such a sword would be to throw it to the enemies while retreating and hope the enemies slow down cos the enemy want those jewels lol.

Luffy1996 likes this.
  15. Tortex

Tortex [Lazy Tortoise that Dreams to be a Dragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    I rationalize it by thinking that being made of Wootz steel allows the swords to be fancy like that. After all, the blade has a good shape, the material is the best, and the scabbard can be anything since you don't use that. You can say that a scabbard could be used as an emergency parry object, but in this world people cut swords with another sword, a scabbard can't stand a chance against a good weapon and cultivation. So, make the scabbard gold plated, jewel filled, whatever makes it pretty, it only holds the sword.

As for being for the army, it's custom gear and it's for the officers, the generals and marshals that are super powerful and rich. If they want to have fancy swords, who would stop them. Especially since the sword is amazing, not just form. Also, the Great Tang army is starting to go to shit, this kind of gear appearance discipline might not be present.

Edit: I do admit that I was also thinking "Wtf is this embelished crap" when the scabbard was first shown.

Luffy1996 likes this.
  16. congvthc

congvthc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you know imperial guards arent really army, they are there to guard the palace, but mostly there just to showoff the "might" of the king

17. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
  18. stefanus101

stefanus101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ultragunner likes this.
  19. ultragunner

ultragunner Self-taught Mage

Reading List:
    Link
  20. Morvian

Morvian 『Weakened King』『Abandoned Man』『Man Of Culture』

Reading List:
    Link
    if i dont fear about my eyes hurt after, i'll read MTL but its hurt like ....