LCD The Regressed Demon Lord is Kind

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Blitz, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn it, I love this series!
    Everyone is complex and likeable aside feom glen.

Also, hans ma boi!

ReMark likes this.
  2. fantasy

fantasy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he's just trying to get his perfect 'hero' party with him being the main sword user (hero) in it. I think that her talent either hasn't blossomed yet (maybe could with Zich's training) or she really is just better with a shield. She even admitted that Glen will overtake her eventually.

3. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    nah, hans and zich are right, glen is a dumbass

ReMark likes this.
  4. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Zich
    Here's the thing tho. We already know that Glen's development is unnatural from how he mentioned the lakes tear. He clearly needs to find specific things to power him up. He may seem strong now but if I think most of his abilities are not truly his own. He wants her to focus on the shield so that she can better support him rather than being the main attacker.

ReMark likes this.
  5. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So Glen is basically the Chuuni version of "The Trash of the Count's Family", since he lacks the talent and heavily relies on information and power ups.

ReMark likes this.
  6. fantasy

fantasy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a good point. I forgot about that bit. Glen might not be so talented after all. I wonder how he got into the position of a regressor with such lacking abilities though.

7. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    I think one of the theories is that he's just a pawn in a larger game. He clearly has a complex towards Zich so maybe he's an enemy from the Brave timeline who just happened to be in the right place in the right time. I have a feeling he's the type to believe that he's the chosen one if told that.

8. EmptyBox

EmptyBox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't go as far as calling Glen just a pawn, though. I was in doubt whether the guy that seems to be the leader of the robed guys was talking about Glen or not in chapter 149, but Glen himself already stated twice how someone told him to make an investigation squad which confirms what the robed guy was talking about. This means Glen indeed has some control over the organization, and despite the robed guys working behind his back, they are fearful of him due "his control over time".

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  9. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    just a theory. idk if we just haven't seen enough of Glen, but he doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed. I have difficulty imagining he could set up this whole organization and plan out how to create demon people, etc etc. His power to regress has to come from somewhere...eh, the ruins are probably key to figuring out what the end goal is. We'll see what happens

10. EmptyBox

Reading List:
    Link
    I really liked the scene with Zich pondering if there is any meaning in following Glen's advice about living a kind life. It finally opened some room for him to go through some character development. Lyla being so worried about him also was a nice bonus.

I don't think he created the organization either. Glen doesn't seem to be older than Zich, and it is unlikely he managed to set up the organization in just a few years. I like the theory that the whole organization is a remnant of the ancient empire. Maybe Glen just found about them while regressing and started a cooperative relationship. Or perhaps he is a descendent of the previous royalty.

ReMark likes this.
  11. yushiro

yushiro Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I wanted to ask: Is there any Romance in it or signs of it? I mean I wouldnt want to read a book about a monk

12. Tarrian

Tarrian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are multiple ships in the harbor but Zich has shown no signs of deciding to board one or another.
    At this point in time he's more engrossed in showing overflowing kindness to people in need.

13. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ngl, I am really digging this story, but oh god does this one trigger that part of me that hates when MCs ignore threats long enough for them to become more powerful or effect more people. and it's actually something he does on purpose so that he can squash the antagonists even further. so while I am enjoying it, at the same time I am getting so agitated at the MC appearing too casual about things... anyways, this one has been rather pleasant.

14. uchiru

uchiru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well MC is a former strongest demon lord. It's not unusual for him to be like that . It's amazing enough that a demon lord is helping people so there's no need for him to care about it affecting others as it is not his responsibility. MC helps people just because he wants to, not out of righteousness. Him helping is basically just a whim, it's good that he helps people but he also doesn't feel anything if others died.

ReMark likes this.
  15. EmptyBox

Reading List:
    Link
    RDL does a great job when it comes to character development and interactions, and I'm also genuinely hooked on the whole mystery about Lyla's past and the regressions. But when it comes to battle scenes, the novel becomes quite sloppy and mediocre. Back in Violuwin, the author never bothered to explain how Windur was able to let Zich regain his strength as a Demon Lord. And now he did it again.The whole thing comes off as an asspull because there is no explanation about the logic behind it.

16. uchiru

uchiru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno if this is a spoiler or already mentioned in passing
    Windur is an Ego weapon and a fickle one at that.It decides to adjust itself based on the severity of the situation. It's basically in a sealed state normally just an average legendary weapon, it only releases MC's power when situation calls for it.It also doesn't listen to MC order to shapeshift if not necessary, regarding the background of it, there's a whole mystery about that concerning the ancient empire maybe that's why there's isn't much explanation about it as of now.
    Legendary weapons in fantasy stories usually is in full power when an MC first get it while there's a battle nearby, then it would be in a weakened state after battle until MC becomes stronger then will adapt to MC which is typical in fantasy stories

ReMark likes this.
  17. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Well we can guess that one of the sword's purposes is to prevent weapons (if they are weapons) from the empire from wreaking havoc in the world. As for why it can enable Zich to enter demon lord mode...if I had to guess...the branches of the sword could represent branches in time. The key that forms a part of windur did enable Zich to go back in time. Giving Zich his demon lord level power may enable windur to even the odds when facing such weapons. It may also be a conscious thought on its end to prevent Zich from being OP all the time and fucking up the world because there wouldn't be anyone to counter him.

ReMark likes this.
  18. uchiru

uchiru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure it just releases the restriction on Zich's mana rather than having his previous life's strength. Zich still needs to awaken his mana pool due too being to large, think of it as Zich whole mana pool has 10 restrictions, everytime he awaken his mana lets him release a restriction. Windur on the other hand allows him to temporarily release all his mana allowing to be in his peak form.(the restriction thing is just an analogy on my part)

ReMark likes this.
  19. ColdKarma

ColdKarma Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i honestly do not understand why people like this novel, zich is too weak.

20. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    of all the things to complain about, I would say that one is probably the shakiest. so far he's steamrolled every threat he has faced. Occasionally he is even able to use his full mana reserve which made it so that in every timeline it required a full team of the strongest people to beat him. There's a lot of holes to poke at in this story but Zich being "weak" is not one of them lmao.

Konic, ReMark and Tarrian like this.