Novel The Reincarnated Heroine Runs from the Plot (Chapter 13)

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Rurin, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Rurin

Rurin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As a fan of this type of stories, coming across evil reincarnated heroines raising flags is a given. But, how many people would have courage to do such? And so, a reincarnated heroine was born.
    I hope you enjoy!

Synopsis:
    If you were to be reincarnated as the heroine of an otome game, what would you do?

If it was me… I would be too embarrassed! Knowing the romantic stuff that is going to happen to you is seriously too embarrassing! But, thinking again, I would be a completely different person from the original heroine so unless I was good actor, even if I trigger an event, it wouldn’t go as in the game. Really, the heroine is many times so naive, how could a corrupted girl like me pretend to be like that? If I could act… aaah nononono my face is flushing already…

With such circular thoughts I stand at the door of the magical academy.

Having reincarnated as the heroine of the otome game ‘Captive Hearts ~for you only~’ I interact with troublesome ladies, unnamed characters and the dreadful capture characters, all the while avoiding flags and worrying about the lack of adult material on libraries.

“She is so innocent. I must protect her!”

…What?

Genre: Fantasy, Comedy, Romance, Mature (some parts later on), School life

This story is also on RoyalRoadL

Table of contents

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  2. Rurin

Rurin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1 - Plot-sama is unforgiving
    Standing at the door of the magic academy with troubled thoughts, I think back to how it all began.

When I was six years old I came down with a high fever and was bedridden for days. During that experience I remembered my past life. That life was very different from my current one.

For one, magic didn’t exist but technology was rampant. I learned many things, from new games to play with friends to difficult stuff only adults concerned themselves with. In that life there was a form of entertainment called otome games and before I died I had just finished one of those, a game called Captive Hearts ~for you only~. In that game the commoner heroine, who possessed an uncommon magic attribute (light) and good magic aptitude, joins the magic school for nobles, where she meets the capture characters. Passing through various trials they get to know each other better and in the end hook up-- er, end up together.

It was a clichéd setting, but that too can be memorable in its own way. It was something I understood at the time.

It was a game that was praised for its well written characters and beautiful art. The good endings were satisfying overall and the bad ending were pretty amazing too, going all the way from sad to cruel or terrifying (a truly interesting read). The bullying the heroine went through was pretty mean though, and the villainess got on my nerves, thank god they didn’t give it much screen time or I may have thrown my console across the room…

My name is Sophia Andrews, that very heroine. With light pink hair and eyes, and braided hair on my left, a heroine on the cute side.

When I noticed, I told myself I would avoid all flags! Why? Because, well… It’s embarrassing! Knowing the romantic stuff that is going to happen to you is seriously too embarrassing! I may not be the original heroine, but thinking about all the things they could do to this body…! I can’t, I seriously can’t! If I was the villainess I could look past it, but like this is… Those CGs were really pretty you know? I remember them so well!

Also, do you know how scary those bad endings were? Do you really?! Should I really risk that?

But I don’t even think I can complete events as in the game. Triggering an event is easy, but to successfully complete it I would have to act like that innocent and klutz heroine and I’m not a particularly good actor. If I could act I could… ah nonono stop thinking already…! There my mind goes again…

That is why I must avoid embarrassing plot development!

And now it’s my first day of school, the opening ceremony to be exact.

I have lived a normal life until now, not meeting any capture character or person of note. No one would be able to guess I’m the heroine with the tools to mesmerize more than five men at once.

But, why I am calmly standing and contemplating in front of the school gate, which should be bustling with activity? That is because… I’m late.

I tried to get here on time! I really did! I left super early, but I live far from school and various stuff prolonged that time. Now, I’m in the same situation as the original heroine, I want to cry!

I don’t want to go in, I’m scared…

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    shirsong, Lycoris, Tim Tam and 13 others like this.
  3. RimuruT

RimuruT Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont know what to say about the novel
    But I like it :)
    (y)

4. RimuruT

RimuruT Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope that u continue doing it

5. Rurin

Rurin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! :blobsmilehappyeyes: I will be able to upload steadily at least in this early stages, so there will be more content soon.

6. novalance

novalance Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you should avoid 4th wall breaks such as asking the readers things... It breaks the mood when the readers are suddenly pulled in when it is much more compelling to write the internal turmoil and thought processes of your character. You have the character answer the question she posed herself such as below.

Example:
    When I noticed, I told myself I would avoid all flags! Why? Because, well… It’s embarrassing! Knowing the romantic stuff that is going to happen to you is seriously too embarrassing!

When I noticed, I told myself to avoid all the flags! Because... It would just be too embarrassing, knowing the romantic stuff that is going to happen to you is just seriously too embarrassing.

She doesn't have like this sudden pause where she is like asking the reader why...? She answers it herself like an internal monologue and rationalization... 4th wall breaks are very hard to write in without it just not being awkward so it is best to avoid them. Just keep focused on your characters.

For one, magic didn’t exist but technology was rampant. I learned many things, from new games to play with friends to difficult stuff only adults concerned themselves with. In that life there was a form of entertainment called otome games and before I died I had just finished one of those, a game called Captive Hearts ~for you only~.

In my previous life, magic didn't exist and technology was rampant.

(I learned many things, from new games to play with friends to difficult stuff only adults concerned themselves with.) <-- This sentence is not particularly clear, what are the many things she learned...? This sentence doesn't contain any useful information whatsoever, it needs to be fixed or removed...

From that life, there was a form of entertainment called 'otome' games, and before I died I had just finished the game called Captive Hearts ~for you only~.

It's not bad... The thing that I feel is a bit funky about it is there are some strange point of view changes that doesn't make the character seem all that natural, such as the 4th wall breaks and asking questions to readers. There are other things... But, I can't quite put my finger on it... And just see if subsequent chapters will improve from just removing 4th wall stuff and some incoherent sentences.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    Elliana likes this.
  7. Rurin

Rurin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never considered that as breaking the 4th wall, but I think I get what you mean, I will take it in consideration. I meant it to sound like she was low-key panicking.

It means she got to know things her kid-self didn't bother/couldn't process and she just brushed it aside. Like if you were a kid and suddenly knew high school level math, it just wouldn't stay, either because she couldn't or didn't bother. It was meant to put some distance between her and some adult (on one side, the games she plays with friends, on the other the adults). Like, even though she received memories from some adult/teen, she still lived like a kid would. The sentense it's unclear because it's meant to sound childish.

Deleted member 36162 and Elliana like this.
  8. Akemin

Akemin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please continue the story! Really looking forward to more. :blobsmilehappy:

Deleted member 36162 and Rurin like this.
  9. Rurin

Rurin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2 - My luck stat went up
    Oh, plot-sama, why must you be like this?

Ok, stay calm. For now let’s move to the place the ceremony is being held.

In the game, the heroine entered the ceremony late and was publically reprimanded by the villainess and her followers for interrupting the first prince’s speech, who’s not a capture character. It seems she got lost and only got there by the end. If I manage to not get terribly late maybe I can avoid having that much attention on me. Maybe.

Oh hope, where art thou?

To begin with, that situation wasn’t the heroine’s fault. It was severely inflated by the bystanders.

I remember the way there from the game so it shouldn’t be a problem.

In the game they didn’t show the speech, so I want to hear it. Who knows if something important will be said? I’m only a commoner, there is already too much I don’t know!

Finding comfort in running, I try to reach the auditorium as fast as I can. There, what greets me is a big door. I place my hand on the door knob and take a deep breath. With this size, opening it will make at least some sort of noise.

Brrrr, I open just a crack and sneak inside, carefully.

“Someone actually got here late. How disgraceful.”

“Truly.”

“Who is that, even?”

The ladies on the last row start whispering to each other. That may be a whisper but I hear it loud and clear from where I stand. I made almost no noise too, aren’t you exaggerating? Actually, your whispering is worse.

What’s with this type of humiliation? I will only accept bullying out of love, you know?

Still holding the door I look at the talking figure on stage. How weird, that is the School Principal, not the prince. Does he talk before the prince? Heroine, you were really really late, huh.

By the time I’m about to close the door the whispering in the last rows has gotten worse.

“Is it one of the commoners?”

“Is it? No manners, as expected.”

The whispering in itself is fine, it’s still low enough so it’s fine. It should be, if only the principal didn’t stop talking! Seriously?! What are looking at, trying to understand the situation? Must you really do this? And don’t look so stern, it’s scary!

I strongly grip the door. Hmm won’t do, it’s too heavy. If I apply magic like this… right. With a push I loudly close the door behind me and the room goes completely silent.

That’s right, behave yourselves.

The principal sighs and resumes his speech.

Now let’s sneak in with the students, next to someone who wasn’t whispering preferably. Slowly, in a composed manner and without making sound...

A girl next to me gives me a sympathetic smile. I earnestly return the smile, thank you kind girl.

I breathe slowly and try to calm my beating heart. It shouldn’t be too bad. It’s not like everyone saw my face, or even understood what happened.

In the future there will certainly be more events I won’t be able to escape from. The thought that I may unknowingly enter a bad end route comes to mind, and it scares me. It must be because I’m on edge.

I wonder if it’s because I know the game that my choices feel heavier, or maybe I’ve just grown up.

I know this whole ordeal went by fast, but in my mind time moved painfully slow. The nervousness I have now is nothing compared to a while ago, which in a way makes me weirdly reassured, like the bad moment has passed. But it’s never that simple. Still, this should be fine. It was miles better than the original heroine’s. I didn’t even hear the villainess. I wonder why that is.

Because it wasn’t the prince talking? No, that’s not right. While I could imagine her followers only being vocal about the prince (Ikemen) the villainess isn’t that simple. She is someone who looks down on a commoners’ every flaw; I believe she would have reprimanded me either way.

Then was it because I slammed the door?

Did I just dodge a bullet…?

Waa~ I didn’t think that deeply about it, what luck.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    Lycoris, Tim Tam, Silverwind and 9 others like this.
  10. Rurin

Rurin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 3 - Capture characters, everywhere!
    I somehow didn’t sleep quite well.

In front of the mirror, I tie the ribbon at my collar. The red ribbon matches the thin string used on my hair. I wear a brown blazer and socks that go above my knee. In spite of everything, at least the uniform is cute.

Recently, I can’t help but constantly think of the game. The second prince, a commoner, the Prime Minister’s son, the Knight Commander’s son, Marquis Cahillane’s two sons, Earl Edlestone’s first son and lastly, the secret character, the School Principal’s son. All capture characters. Avoiding such high class people it’s not easy.

I know a lot about these people, to the point I feel like I’m invading on their privacy, it’s a weird feeling.

“Mhmm!” I shake my head trying to forget such thoughts. Being this self-conscious will do me no good!

But I know, in me there’s not only nervousness, there is excitement too. I wonder if that’s a bad thing.

I’m now sitting in classroom waiting for the teacher. Number of occurrences till now: zero. Reporting situation, my class has two capture characters: Matthew Cullen, a commoner like me who occupies the seat at my left, and Alexis Cahillane, a Marquis' second son who may look cute but has a bad personality. The villainess is also here and it feels like she has been staring bullets at me since a while ago, but that’s just my imagination. Yep.

After some time, a girl passing by loses balance and goes against my table. That small impact sends my eraser falling to the ground. This is… an event! I can’t have a good sense of time from the game, so I wasn’t sure when it would start. The girl looks at me and gives a small apology, while Matthew stretches his arm to pick up the eraser. He shows me his palm, my eraser in his hand, his face expressionless.

“Here you go.”

“T-Thank you…”

Matthew is pretty interesting, being both stoic and sarcastic, a little cold even, but, even though he tries not to show it much, he has a kind heart and is good at looking out for other people. His brownish red hair and red eyes give a strong impression, despite his personality.

He sits straight and doesn’t look in my direction again. This aloof personality of his will end up gathering many fans, even among nobles.

“Class is starting!”

I wish magic class would come sooner.

During lunch break was when the heroine first meet the second prince. The heroine decided to buy some bread on the bar and eat on the garden to enjoy the view. She was leisurely sitting on a bench and eating her lunch when suddenly the prince comes running, still keeping an elegant and dignified appearance somehow, and asks the heroine not to tell anyone she say him, before proceeding to climb a tree. Afterwards a group of girls comes looking for him, to which the heroine, feeling no other option, says she didn’t see him. Then the prince is grateful and leaves.

To avoid that meeting, I decided to pick my lunch and go eat to the rose maze. Today the cafeteria is a no-go, since there’s an event with the villainess. I decided on the rose maze because even if the prince comes by, it’s a place where there is plenty of hiding places; I won’t even see him before he decides to hide.

It’s foolproof! Hehehe, I laugh in my mind while delicately putting my hand in front of mouth. Ah, no, that’s what villainesses do.

I sit down on the ground, somewhere between the bushes. It’s calm and quiet here, I like it.

Even though it’s a maze, the bushes only reach a little above my waist. If I sit I’m more or less hidden, but if I want I can easily be seen.

By the way, the food here is super expensive. The school gave me some sort of allowance and at first I thought it was too much but now… I will spend my money wisely.

Mmm~ it’s yummy though.

“What is this rose doing here alone?”

“!”

Michael Edlestone, the playboy capture character has just found my hiding place.

Abort! Abort!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  11. Rurin

Rurin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 4 - Getting hit on
    “What is this rose doing here alone?”

What are you doing here? Ah, my perfect hiding place…

“Hum…” hiding?

“This is a good place, but isn’t it uncomfortable to sit on the ground? There are benches over there.”

“…No, not at all”

Michael is someone the heroine sees for the first time in the music room. When she was passing by she hears a beautiful melody and is mesmerized by it. Later on, when he tries to flirt with her, she comments on how well he played the piano.

He possesses black hair and pinkish red eyes and prides himself in knowing how to handle and pamper a girl, although never has he wanted to take a relationship seriously until the heroine came along.

He also has an evil twin. It’s funny actually, most characters with evil twins are virgins, having spent their life dealing with or avoiding their twin, having no time for girls. But to be fair, he is the favored half of the pair.

“I see. Mind if I sit too?” that said he sits down next to me, not too close for comfort, but without waiting for my answer.

Can’t you see it in my eyes? That is your cue to leave.

“Isn’t it boring eating alone?”

Am I really getting hit on? It’s too early in the game for such scene! How do people react in these situations?! Also, such scene happens by the fountain somewhere over that way. Please, you’re confusing me!

“… Not particularly.”

Thinking about it, the heroine found it sad to eat alone. And why do you look so perplexed by my answer?

“Do you prefer to eat alone than with someone else then?”

“I wouldn’t say that. I just don’t mind eating alone.”

“Then you don’t mind me, right?”

“I didn’t say that.”

“…”

He initially took interest in the heroine because, even after he made moves on her, she wasn’t infatuated with him. Should I pretend I’m in love with him then? I can’t do that though.

He is actually a pleasant guy, but I really don’t know what to say if he’s like this. How do I drive him away?

It was then that a mob character comes in, “Michael! There you are! The teacher was looking for you.”

As I was praising this guy in my mind for giving me a way out, Michael asks him, “Is it urgent?”

You are actually thinking of staying?!

“He said so.”

Displeasured, Michael gets on his feet with a sigh. For a moment his facial expression seemed to have crumbled. I wonder what that was.

He turns his head to me and looks from above. His back blocks the sun and as his silhouette turns black I’m unable to clearly see his face. Squinting my eyes a bit, I can tell he is smiling at me.

“It seems I have to go. See you around.”

From what I know from his route, that must have been the type of smile that makes even a girl like me put a hand to her heart. What a shame I didn’t see.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  12. Rurin

Rurin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 5 - Being the heroine is often trouble
    I often thought, if I could go to another world, how amazing would that be?

But I know, the moment it turns real, the moment I consider that my reality, the dream will lose purpose.

This world is my reality, my life. What is the difference? Dreams don’t come with responsibilities, do they?

Reincarnating in a world like this made me happy of course, but this place isn’t merely a game anymore. It’s so much more.

I wanted to enter the books I read, I still do, but I know the magic is in the dream itself.

Tired, I close the book in my hand.

“Do you like to read?” Matthew, sitting by the table at my side as usual, asks me.

“Yes, I’ve always read a lot since young.”

It’s been almost a week since school started. Talking with nobles was a lot harder than I thought, so I spent the time between classes quietly reading in my seat. Matthew, also being a commoner, seems to be in the same situation as me and sometimes talks to me. Well, but I do know that he will be integrated in no time.

There are some more commoners aside from us, but it’s normally not a thing you can tell just by looking. Nobles, however, have been meeting other nobles at parties since young, and so some can actually tell us apart. The people of the student council also have information of every commoner.

“A story book, huh. I’ve never read much of those, now that I think of it. I’ve mainly read more technical books.”

“I see. From those I only find the magic books particularly interesting.”

Matthew will have top grades in our year at some point. Maybe I should compare my homework with his.

It’s not exactly that I have to avoid capture characters. Avoiding them would be pretty much impossible actually. I came to realize, somehow, it all connects to me. With the setting I was given it’s easy to run into game characters. Be it because we are in the same class, because I’m considered pretty enough to be hit on or because I need to be protected from bullying. My personality may differ from the original, but the setting can still force the story to somehow start. Matthew, for example, is impossible to avoid. I pass on getting involved with that one playboy though.

In a way, it’s ridiculous how many high-spec people the heroine gets to know in a row.

I notice the villainess stealing glances at me again and shrink back into my book. I’m starting to get scared. Let’s just say it’s my imagination.

I wish magic class would come sooner…

I always had an interest in magic, but when I gained memories of my past life that interest sky rocked. In a world of science, dreaming of magic at least once is a must. For me, as a fan of fantasy works, of course I have to try magic!

I must become proficient! I must become one with my element! If I had one more wish was that it was easier to learn!

I have been learning since young of course, but learning in this school is completely different. By the end of the game, both the heroine and capture characters were in a much higher level than in the beginning, allowing the heroine and her boyfriend to be able to pass a ‘last trial’ and overcome the boyfriend’s biggest worry.

I will become better to fulfill my otaku heart and for my future. Once I get a position on the Ministry of Magic just look how proud my parents will be!

As I was walking lost in thoughts I’m suddenly tripped, leading me to fall helplessly to the ground. Next to me a group of three girls start snickering.

“I heard she tried to make a pass on Michael.”

Between a playboy and a simple girl, who made a pass on whom again?

Is this world out to get me?

“My, a commoner should know her place.”

And like that they go away. Someone such as me has no backing. If you reincarnated as the villainess you would have your own share of problems, but at least you wouldn’t have to deal with this. I can’t simply go against a noble, so they don’t leave me many options. If they find a fault in me they could easily ruin me. Well, I do have some plans of my own.

I get up and keep going my way. Now it’s time for my must anticipated class. But I heard from people who already had magic class that the first class is just talking about safety. ╥﹏╥

Tim Tam, Silverwind, ludagad and 9 others like this.
  13. XD

XD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ha! I remember being excited about my first chemistry lab and getting super disappointed when the first class was talking about safety.

Also, typical villainess being a villainess. Why must plot-sama be so obnoxious?

Einon and Rurin like this.
  14. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh~ this is pretty interesting.

Rurin likes this.
  15. Rurin

Rurin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 6 - Where are you from, Christine?
    ??? POV

“They told me there is no need to mingle with them, because I’m above them. They told me that those people are uncultured, that they are weak, that they want what’s mine....”

“…”

“They don’t give me due respect, behaving like that. They should show it, show they know.”

“…”

“I’m not wrong, I’m not.”

“…”

“Recently, there is this girl who makes me mad. Even though she has noticed our eyes on her, how can she still act so calm? Even though nobles like me look at her like she is a bug, how can she always hold her head high and ignore it like it’s nothing? Why? Why does she enrage me so much?

“…”

“I’m getting more and more irritated. A girl like her… will misbehave eventually. It’s alright; if she ever forgets her place I will remind her. That’s right, like always, I will make sure I’m respected, because that’s how it should be. ”

“…”

“Hey…”

“Meow~”

*******​

I still can’t believe the size of this school. Having spent my life as a commoner, this is a really big change, and although not unwelcomed, it makes me a bit uncomfortable.

While walking in the garden and avoiding certain places, I find myself turning to paths with less and less people. And that takes me to my current predicament. In an edge of the school, nearing the forest, where I came across a rather suspicious conversation.

“Should we kill the cat?”

I see a group of people, both boys and girls, talking in a circle. One of them holds a white cat in his hands. The white cat has long lustrous fur and blue eyes like jewels. On its delicate neck there’s a blue collar that matches its eyes. Said cat looks very expensive no matter how many times I look at it. Despite appearing very weak, the cat has been using all its strength to escape, but to no avail. One girl firmly grabs its collar, to avoid it escaping for real.

“Eww, I don’t want to kill a cat!” One of the girls says.

“But think how awful it would be for her to never see her dear cat again, this is just the way to guarantee it. She is always so conceited … isn’t it fine for her to suffer a little? It’s just a cat anyways.”

“We could just take it far away.”

“But would she really not find it?”

Vicious things leave their mouths one after another and I start feeling sick to my stomach.

Deciding I have had enough, I pick up a rock and throw it at the metal fence, aiming to make as much sound as I can.

Pang

My simple tactic works quite well, as the group, which was already on edge, immediately starts panicking.

“C-Could someone be here?!”

“Whatever, just leave the cat, it’s not worth the risk. If we are found…! A pampered cat like this will just die on its own anyway! Quick, take the collar off!”

The girl that has been holding the collar takes it off as fast as she can manage and throws the collar into a nearby bush. The girl then immediately joins her already retreating friends. The guy holding the cat nervously looks at his friends running ahead and unceremoniously throws the cat over the fence into the forest, running away immediately after.

My disgust doesn’t seize and the most I think about killing a pet because you hate the owner the more my head rejects the idea.

Making sure there’s nobody in the vicinity I get out of my hiding place and walk to the bush to retrieve the collar. It reads ‘Christine’. Even the name screams rich cat.

It is true that a cat like this could never survive on its own, and by leaving it into the forest you do reduce the chances of it being found. I can feel the height on my conscience.

“Meow~”

It’s still close. I run to the fence to gain balance and jump over.

Going deeper into the forest, I keep following the sound. I can’t believe I’m following a cat…

However, the first thing I find is not the cat, but a boy sitting the ground with his back reclining on a tree. I would say it’s Michael if it wasn’t for his yellow eyes.

This is Michael’s twin brother, Noah, normally referred to as ‘evil twin’ by the fanbase. His black hair is just like his brother’s. His eyes however, are yellow. But not always. Sometimes his eyes are same pinkish red as Michael. In the game it was a known fact that to resemble his brother as much as possible he liked to have red eyes, but sometimes also appeared with yellow eyes.

There was never a confirmation about which was his real eye colour, creating many theories. While Noah seemed to see use in both eye colours, the fanbase liked to speculate which came first. Such a small detail seemed almost insignificant, but this was deemed something important in the analysis of the character’s psyche. I myself believe his eyes were originally yellow.

“Will you keep staring?” The boy grumpily says.

“Wha-? S-Sorry, I didn’t mean to!”

What a mistake, I don’t normally lose myself staring, but finding a villain of the game so early surprised me.

“Say, you’re acting oddly. Could it be… you recognize this face?” He shows a hint a smile, but not quite a smile.

I flinch. How did he know?!

“Is that really so? I see, so you’ve meet Michael before” I see dangerous glint in his eyes.

Ah, of course he is sensitive to that…

This game had more than one villain, though some were more dangerous than others. Noah is one of those villain characters and has a fundamental role in Michael’s route. He is someone who despises his brother and is always trying to create problems for him. Not someone I want to be around from that description alone.

“I’m Noah Edlestone, it’s a pleasure. This kind of place isn’t good to be wandering around. You should be careful.”

“I’m Sophia Andrews, the pleasure is mine. Hum, have you seen a cat?”

“A cat? So you are following a cat, I see you are already ignoring my advice. Don’t go following animals around, you will get lost.”

“I’m fine, I won’t get lost.”

“A shame. Getting lost it’s about the better outcome people could have in this place.”

I can’t even tell if he is showing concern over me or trying to scare me.

“Then what are you doing here, in this dangerous place?” I say, looking at him with doubt.

He looks me in the eye for a moment and then lightly chuckles “This type of conversation has no flavor don’t you think? It won’t go anywhere.”

“Is that your way of ending a conversation?”

“Do you see it that way? I just got bored.”

“Well, I’m sorry for being boring.”

“No, I wouldn’t call you boring.”

My eyes widen. Mm, that’s probably bad.

“So, have you seen the cat?” I ask again

“So you went back to that point. Well, I appreciate how direct you are. I’ve been hearing one meowing, but I haven’t seen it.”

All this trouble and that’s all you have!!

“I see… “ I use all my strength to keep being polite “Thank you anyway. Then I will take my leave.”

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    Tim Tam, Silverwind, ludagad and 8 others like this.
  16. Einon

Einon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm, I'm going to guess that this is the villainess's POV, and that's her cat that almost got killed.

So...either she's going to blame the MC, or she's going to be really grateful, I guess...

Irie and Rurin like this.
  17. Up-chan

Up-chan ★Anti-Bullying Brigade★

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting...

Fieyy-Qa and Rurin like this.
  18. Rurin

Rurin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 7 - So that’s where you are from, Christine
    “Meow~”

“There you are.” Following a cat its more difficult than I thought.

She looks quite weak, making it easy to approach her. Stretching my hands, I pick up the cat. She doesn’t look very happy being picked up, but it’s not like she has the energy to run away.

After seeing how she was treated I’m afraid of giving her away. As long as I know there are people who want this pet dead, I will be unwilling to let it go. Maybe I could hide her in my room for now.

“So you found the cat.”

I see Noah approaching me from some feet away. When did he get there?

He was so dismissive before, yet he still came. Could it be he was actually worried about me?

“Do you know who is it from?” I ask.

“No, I don’t think so.”

“What if I tell you its name?! Christine, Christine is its name.”

“Christine…? It sounds familiar, but still... no, I don’t remember.”

“What a shame.” I sadly look at the cat and gently stroke its fur. It seems we will be together for a while, Christine.

“What do you intend to do with it?”

“I will keep it until I find the owner. I wonder… if that’s for the best.”

“In your dorm room? Well, just don’t be found.”

You don’t need to tell me.

“But that would be for the best, I think. Many people would like to sell such expensive cat. Or keep it, if they feel so.”

Sell? I completely forgot that. Right, this isn’t a simple street cat. I now feel even more strongly about keeping the cat.

It must have lived a good life, and now, it’s suddenly away from its owner. Don’t worry, Christine, I will find your owner for you.

Now that I will keep her I need to take good care of her. What kind of food did she eat? Expensive animals only eat animal food don’t they? I heard they don’t take other foods quite well. She’s probably used to good food too.

“Is something the matter?” Noah notices the concerned look on my face

“I was wondering what kind of food I should give it.”

“I don’t know much about pets, but I can imagine that spoiled cat only eating what he likes.”

I can’t help but frown even more. My budget is going to suffer, isn’t it?

“I should go, thank you for your-“

“Hey, just one more thing. I wanted to ask you something. Have you met my brother before? You seemed to know of him at least.” he asks a question I really want to ignore. Nothing good would come from saying yes.

“Not really. He is just well known.”

“I guess that’s true...“

Why did I feel a chill?

“People always say we look alike. Well, that’s to be expected, we are twins, but people still get surprised. If these eyes were red, do you think we could be confused as the same person?”

“Why are you asking me something like that?”

“Simple curiosity.”

“It would depend on how you act, I guess. Then, if you excuse me-!” I adjust the cat in my arms and turn around.

“Oh, by the way, don’t find it weird to find me with red eyes.” He says not even looking my way anymore.

This is a tactical retreat, alright?

Back in my dorm room, I take Christine out of my bag. Yes, bag. She looks seriously mad at me. I once heard cats are all about revenge, but I decide to forget my fears and think of cute cats in mugs. I take a good look at Christine.

“Mmm, too big to fit in a mug.”

Really, if I’m found, those adult books I have hidden will be the least of my problems. I really am… a fool.

I start putting out things she could knock over. Since I spend a big portion of my day out of the dorm I can’t have her making noise; else we will be found out. I also toss a teddy bear I brought from home in the closet. I can’t have her ripping that apart.

I don’t know if those guys stole her or found her wandering around but, in my opinion, they seemed quite afraid of that owner, almost so that I find them stealing her a bit weird. Ah whatever, it’s not like I have a way to know.

“Alright girl, I will even spend the rest of the day studying here to keep you company. Be grateful.” She turns around and completely ignores me. No, get back, please love me…

Since then, four days have passed. In the library, with a History book open in front of me, I diligently do my homework. The sound of the chair next to me moving goes almost unnoticed but at the end finally breaks my concentration. I only spare energy to look over.

“Good morning.” Says the red-eyed boy.

The original heroine could distinguish between the two twins. I’m honestly amazed at how she could do that, to the point I would completely understand if they fell in love with her from that alone. Well, maybe not that much.

The red-eyed boy rests his ear on his hand and looks at me, in a manner that’s much like Michael’s.

“I’ve been looking for you. I happen to know something that will make you really happy.” He lowers his voice, so that only I would hear, “It’s about that cat.”

“Noah…?”

“Yes, we meet again.”

“When did you-?”

“I just happened to hear about someone who lost a cat. It’s someone from your class.”

“Really?” The person was that close?

“Tiane.”

…What?

Tiane has a cat?!

Tiane Amblerson, none other than the villainess herself. The second prince’s fiancé and someone who inconvenienced the heroine till the very end, going as far as to harm her in some routes. In the end, her engagement was annulled and she became a commoner. The best way to describe her would be… a bitch. She truly pissed me of in the game. Many players were satisfied that this prideful person who abused her power meet her just end. But now that I know her in reality I can’t look at her as anything but pitiful, either I think she deserved it or not wouldn’t change that fact.

To think I ended up with her cat…

All I did was avoid places that appeared in the story, but ended up with something equally as troublesome, I run head first into the villainess.

That is, if Noah is telling me the truth. But there’s no reason for him to lie about something like this, right?

“What will you do now?”

“I…” Will give it back, but first… if only I could do… “Friday” During the outdoors class we will have on friday, I will give it to her.

That day, two classes of first years and two classes of second years will leave with some teachers to the forest for an outdoors class. That is the day I would get out of the common route too. If I have the villainess take care of her cat that day, maybe she wouldn’t have time to make trouble for me.

Right, that day, we will spend quite some time together…

“Matthew!” I meet Mathew in the hallway. “Going to class?”

“Yeah” He says with is usual deadpan face.

“How should we get there? Maybe that way…?” I’m having fun with how big this place is.

No response.

“Matthew?”

“Let’s not go there.”

?

19. Elliana

Elliana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for your hard work !!! (y):cookie::aww::blobdrool::blobrofl:

Einon and Rurin like this.
  20. Deleted member 36162

Deleted member 36162 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    This is good !
    Keep going please.

Rurin likes this.