The Resistance: Return of the Tyrant (Game 3)

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by NZPIEFACE, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Axiel

Axiel ❖ Beyond Salavation ❖

Reading List:
    Link
    when more peeps are talking? sure (y)

2. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    Because I suspected Thry and Axiel. But now that they passed the mission, I suppose warlokid is a confirmed spy for me.

3. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is; if Thry and Axiel can't both be spies... then who is the last spy?

4. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh~ this is getting good~
    *grabs more popcorn*
    :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:

Uno likes this.
  5. thrynki

thrynki Epi's Kouhai

Reading List:
    Link
  6. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @warlokid is 100% a spy. Not just because he is suspicious but because the GM did not correct his behavior. This is important because warlokid has been a troll this whole game and he has not been helping the resistance. If he was truly a resistance member, he would be breaking the "spirit of the game" which then the GM would have to intervene and somehow kick him out. The only reason why he was able to continue so long was because he was allowed to, so he's a spy.

Breaking the spirit of the game is also a rule as stated earlier. It is meant to discourage unfairness or cheating.

7. Wobbly

Wobbly [Unstabbable][He Who Courts Death][Whimsical]

Reading List:
    Link
    The
    Damn man~~ feels bad. U da spy. :eek:

8. Uno

Uno ฅ Holy Lurker ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree wid m7, and ave no objection to your team selection thry :cookie:

9. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Was gonna kick him if he didn't PM me.... so uh. He PMed me.

10. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    The GM will never be more lenient with one player than the other, the GM is always neutral.

Basing your actions off the GM's behavior is bad.

Blitz likes this.
  11. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Well this was an interesting game. Mostly since everyone seems quite inept.
    Actually, I would be more likely to kick you out. Metagaming, specifically trying to base your actions off of other players actions such as timing, GM thoughts and such is most definitely against the spirit of the game and certainly a kickable offense.

Blitz and AliceShiki like this.
  12. Axiel

Reading List:
    Link
    I object.
    the mission requires the presence of all resistant
    knowing that I'm no spy I would oppose the submitted team as I am not included.
    I would also like to propose the previous team's line up of @Uno, @m7vpc, @thrynki and @Axiel
    if thry was a spy, I see no other reason to change the lineup as it would only need one spy to fail the last mission
    meaning if the previous mission was composed of all resistance, changing it is equal to forfeiting the mission.

as to why I find zone suspicious, I swear I put something earlier but it seemed like no one found it convincing nor any bit useful.

anyways it's the last mission and everyone's assumptions are pretty much made up so further swaying won't just be a hassle on my part.

thrynki and m7vpc like this.
  13. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to hear your opinion on what we could've done better. I mean some of us are actually playing for the very first time so it can be kinda confusing. You've been playing more than 3 times at least.

I want to disagree with your statement, but I actually don't understand what you're talking about when you say "basing my actions off other players actions". If you're talking about my accusations of a player from their chat messages, then I agree that's what I did. I mean, that's what a resistance member is supposed to do. What do you expect us to do? Twiddle our thumbs and hope for the best?

If you are talking about how I somehow read the GM's thoughts and then accused warlokid of it, then you are absolutely crazy. I can guess what is going on, but that doesn't mean it guarantees or makes it true. Maybe warlokid is actually a resistance member, but he hasn't told me and neither the GM. Also, don't try to exaggerate the situation by stating "GM thoughts". I'm by means no mind reader so please chill out.

If you're talking about timing, you're going to have to back it up. What you mean by timing, because I'm not too sure.

Also, how did I break the spirit of the game? I never pm'ed anyone outside the game and I certainly shared my opinion openly in public.

14. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You might argue that because the GM is not part of the game then his actions shouldn't be reflected in the assumptions of players. However you have to realize that the GM is the moderator of the game. His job is to ensure that whatever goes is fair and everyone is playing towards their mission.

If we take that into account, a player that has not been reprimanded in PM or has not changed his behavior, even with a moderator around, must be doing it within the rules of the game. Therefore using observations from the player's behavior (warlokid) in a fair game, we can assume that he must be a spy. It's not so much basing my assumptions on the GM but rather, because we can assume a fair game, we can see that warlokid's trolling has to make him a spy. I mentioned the GM in my accusation because he is the moderator that reinforces this fair game.

Here's the thing, everyone came into the game expecting all resistance members to try to win missions and all spies members to try to lose missions. If there is a player that's behavior is obvious within that "fair game", then it should be used to determine whether he's a spy.

Let me know what I did specifically was unfair or cheating btw.

15. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Axiel, you know you could've won last round?

16. Axiel

Reading List:
    Link
    wut? I'm telling you, I'm a resistant, I need to clear 3 missions to win the game

m7vpc likes this.
  17. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Arc-chan meant inept as almost everyone is a newbie.

It's not an accusation, more like a statement because you lack experience, she isn't badmouthing anyone by saying it... She could've chosen her words more carefully though... >.>
    Oh no, you didn't do any of that.

I was just saying that if the GM didn't do anything to a player, they wouldn't do anything regardless of they being resistance or spy. The GM needs to act the same towards players, or they'll start becoming an indicator of things.

18. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Axiel

In way, I don't suspect you. Because if you were a spy, you truly could've won last game. So I honestly kinda believe you.

@thrynki
    @Uno

thrynki and Axiel like this.
  19. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually know that she wasn't trying to badmouth us. I'm just curious how we could've improved. But really, honestly, I'm new to this game so I'm just stating the obvious that some players here just don't have the experience to play cunningly.

Also, if I didn't break any of the rules or cheat, then why would she want to kick me for "breaking the spirit of the game"? The whole point to use the "spirit of the game" rule is to eliminate cheating or unfairness. Therefore I'd have to be doing something wrong, unfair, or cheating to be punished in such a severe way.

"I was just saying that if the GM didn't do anything to a player, they wouldn't do anything regardless of they being resistance or spy". I "feel" like I can agree with you, but I'm not sure exactly what you mean. I do have to add that if a spy or resistance is trolling by fighting against their own team, then the GM should reprimand or remind them (via pm or elsewhere) because that would be unfair for the other team members to have that kind of member.

But totally agree with you that the GM has to act the same for everyone, or else overthinkers, like me, will start feeling that something is off.

20. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Axiel

Sorry if you are truly a resistance member. I already sent my okays.