LCD The Rise of Otaku

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Justrem

Justrem Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its very slice of life and not much plot going on. Its a great read that doesn't have any cliches that happens in light novel. Its 10/10 a refreshing read because of the no cliche Chinese/Korean/Japanese light novel plotlines.

Blitz and KukiAme like this.
  2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't think he had training facilities for an idol yet? Wouldn't things just go the same way as last time?

I like it. Though, if you're looking for an action series or a serious protagonist, you should probably look elsewhere. This is purely a slice-of-life comedy type series with a lazy, unmotivated protagonist who actively and knowingly avoids most forms of success. That said, he's also a nice guy in his own way and contributes quite a lot to his community, especially the kids.

Skaistise, Blitz and KukiAme like this.
  3. KukiAme

KukiAme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thankyou all, i try it

Justrem and jacobpaige like this.
  4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "But the result was still very obvious, all their efforts were in vain." What about the student director who's credited in the film? They should have found her quite easily, yes? I wonder if she got any job offers out of this.

Also wondering if the MC will show him the other movies his company made.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why he didn't cheat and use his camera to take a picture of the diagrams.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That feels like an idea that will backfire...

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Little Niannian wanted a palace." Isn't he off making B movies somewhere? Why is he asking for palaces?

"they thought it was a mafia town." lol.

I wonder if he'll take her contract more seriously than he does his own, and if he'll let her sign on with the same company as her brother in spite of their poverty due to the way they've treated her brother in the past. Though, even if they could sign her, I'm not sure they would have the budget to actually make anything worthy of her without heavy assistance from the MC.

Also curious if he'll post that video of her online as an animated short or whatever ;)

Blitz and nonononononono like this.
  8. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
    oops, that was little Muli.

jacobpaige and Blitz like this.
  9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how Niannian will feel about this, and if the MC really will restrict her to working only on his projects, or if he'll let her work with her brother from time to time.

10. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    it was mentioned that brothers company managed to survive the curse onslaught so I kinda expect the manager to beg him to cooperate on a project or such

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Hopefully he won't use his video uploading handle...

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    What do "Qin" and "Zhuan" mean though?

"the stonemason monkey immediately carved it onto a big stone at the base entrance." Is he still hiding the animation base in his garage? If not, then I wonder how long it'll be until a park guest notices that sign. I expect it would cause some kind of reaction once the base's movies start to take off.

"And there were two ways to get scripts, one was to raise a scriptwriter himself, the other was to hire wandering scriptwriters or hire scriptwriters from some other places." Can he not write his own scripts? I mean, I know he's not talented enough to write a good one, but is he not allowed to use his own at all?

"Zhou Yu naively thought that the self-made movie would only take one day or two days more than the time that was required for making a tier-three animation." Why would he think that? He's already been involved in making two of them.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the veggies were poisoned while they were still in the ground, or after they got served.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he's planning to plant that fallen seed. It feels like it would be a bad idea, especially considering the sorts of missions he'd have to go on for the new kid.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering the size of the project, and the amount of money the MC brings in on a daily basis, 10k isn't bad at all. Honestly, it seems a bit low.

"Although others could still get in the park by spending a little money on tickets"
    "the amusement park still didn't accept any entrance fee."
    So, which is it? Does it cost money to get into the park or not?

If there's three factions and they want an even split, then why were there 100 spots?

16. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Seems like a plot hole there. Should I change it? Maybe those participants' guardians would not be charged for entrance fee.
    2. Probably need some backups. In case some people didn't show up. Or maybe MC was just too lazy to do the math. Lol

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If its what the author wrote, then its what they wrote. Personally, I prefer accurate translations with only localization changes (idioms and such) at most, but its up to you.

Blitz likes this.
  18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "In the end, he could only stop thinking about that problem at the moment." Why not just ask the people from the ACG world? Even if the villagers don't know, the people from Beidou probably would.

I wonder if Muli will ever do an interview online. She should be totally capable of doing a streamed interview after all. She certainly wouldn't be the first voice actor to hide their "real" appearance.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C131: When I saw the chapter title, I thought he was going to start airing a cooking show style anime with his new kids; possibly co-hosted by Muli.

C132: "Zhou Yu just noticed that he didn't even have any chances to participate in an arranged marriage" Just voice that sentiment where someone else can hear it, you'll have wife candidate's matchmakers beating down your and your parent's doors before nightfall...

C133: I wonder if they'll honor the rules, or if they'll try to violate his privacy. Also curious who will play the bandit king if its not the MC, and how they'll get the attraction ready in time when they're not using the beaver to construct it.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, how does Zhou Fu think he got so good at carpentry? Skills like that take a lot of dedication and practice, even if they're used in an eccentric fashion once mastered.