Spoiler The S-Classes That I Raised

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by moneng85, Jun 1, 2019.

1. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I ve read 35 chapters of the BL Action S Class Dungeon Genre Webtoon 'Traces Of The Sun' and personally do not like the tory, world building and characters especially the ML/Seme.
    The ML Sa-Hyeon is a overpowered overpriviliged selfish chaebol getting the S Class Restorer Uke Yiseon involved in his messed up power struggle drama with his petty older brother over the CEO position of their huge top guild company. That black haired ML with his unmatched shadow power, position and influence is a scheming mastermind type who uses stalking, blackmail, threats, coersion, manipulation, intimidation and fearmongering to recruit basically forcing a defying hesitant traumatized Siyeon into his group. And because of that the vulnerable Uke is getting more in dangerous situations since the enemies of the smirking smug Seme are now targeting him, too.
    That smiling Creep has to be also the one who can heal Yiseon's trauma...

I ve seen this toxic trope already in fantasy romance melodrama works before:
    Arrogant Elite ML gets interested in struggling FL's special abilities, uses any means to get her use her, she becomes anyone's target due to her being associated with him, FL gets spoilt with luxuries from him as compensation, with time they get know each other, their bond deepens during dangerous events and then they fall in love with each other after the ML's overgrowing obsession, love bombing and controlling attitude wears the FL finally down...

Yeah, it's definitively not for me.

I hope that Han Yujin can handle someone like Sung Hyeonjae who fits in the category 'Untouchable Ruthless Exploitive Haughty Unfaced Top Elite Schemer Manipulator Two Face!
    I really despise this archetype and wanna see that suffer any serious consequences!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
  2. Rinfantasy

Rinfantasy so much to do so little time...

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you misunderstood Hyunjae's personality, he isn't the stereotypical cold ceo type. He is pretty good at taking care of people, he is never rude or left someone out of cold or hurt them just because he lost interest in them. He has common sense and know how to behave socially and pretty much go along with Yujin's schemes or wishes. He is cold just because he prioritize himself the most and he is natural superior so he is more similar to "a human looking at animals" (till you prove yourself worthy) but this doesn't mean he doesn't like people; like we love our pets, we just not see them as equals.

He just has a horrible trolling/playful personality, likes to tease and annoy the people he likes and get extreme only in the case he consider the other party a threat or if kill them benefict him greatly. He pondered if getting rid of Yujin or not only because Yujin got too much influence on him and it became too dangerous not just for him but for others as well ( You don't want a Hyunjae that could go crazy because his feelings became instable and his power went out of control) and yet he asked Mr Song to protect Yujin from him; but presented with different options and solutions, he immediately decided not to hurt Yujin. When he tried to swallow Yujin in the pre-regression timeline it was because he really needed his caretaker ability, but Hyunjae himself dropped it because Yujin gained his respect ( also Hyunjae just lost lost his best friend so he wasn't in a good place at the time)

While Hyunjae like to joke about being possessive of Yujin in reality he never took him away against his will ( except one occasion when he needed for Yujin's own safety and with Yoohyun's consent LOL) or confine him, he also is pretty much ready to leave Yujin anytime he thinks Yujin would do better without of him, it's Yujin that never let go of Hyunjae.
    For example Hyunjae thought being with Yujin started to be too dangerous, hence he avoided to meet him and ignored his calls. What Yujin did? he sent a count down every hour that if Hyunjae didn't reply him he would bomb his guild and find him, and he went to Hyunjae's place indeed. In another occasion Hyunjae sacrificed their friendship by posing as the bad guy because he thought someone needed to teach a lesson to Yujin into not be too much self-sacrifing, over-confident and care about his self-preservation ( after Hyunjae learned Yujin is dying because he is using too much of his life span) and wanted to infiltrate in the enemy group. Yujin was the one yelling at him that Hyunjae could run but he would get him back (to be fair he just re-telling what Hyunjae told him before but Hyunjae was just trolling since he like to annoying him). In some way or another Yujin is alway the one chasing after Hyunjae. This is one of the reasons the fandom consider Hyunjae the princess and Yujin the prince LOL

Hyunjae is just disliked by people because people can feel he is unpredictable, dangerous and they can't mess around with him ( also he being a troll is considered having a bad personality and taste LOL) but they still respect him. Yoohyun hate him because he consider him a danger to Yujin and also probably jealous of their closeness. Yujin and Mr Song dislike Hyunjae because they unconsciously project on him their own inferiority complex. Mr Song needed to protect people from a "monster" to valide the reason of him keep living while Yujin is just jealous that Hyunjae is all that he wanted to be but wasn't. If you look closely Yujin from the beginning always get annoyed and give Hyunjae's the fault even when it's irrational.
    I admit that Hyunjae sometimes played some bad tricks behind the scenes for his own purpose but in the end he always choose the greater good.

Sorry, for the rant, I'm just tired that people misunderstand his character as the stereotypical cold ceo, that treat others like insects and only care about his love interest becoming obsessive or how you called him "Untouchable Ruthless Exploitive Haughty Unfaced Top Elite Schemer Manipulator Two Face!". I guess you are right but is too reductive and put him in a too bad light. Hyujae got good qualities too. Hyunjae has the arrogance from being the one on top but he is still pretty polite with his words and act like a mature adult most of the time. He is only mean toward the one he likes because he likes teasing and test them LOL he is ruthless only when it's needed or if he is really angry. But even if he is a teasing troll, he never crossed the line. When he is being an asshole or hurt others it's because there are deep reasons behind. Also Hyunjae never faked his personality so he isn't being two faced.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    Missaaa, Deeyodee, Alandra and 9 others like this.
  3. None1412

None1412 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, my god srsly the author is so extra

Neelambori likes this.
  4. Rinfantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    look at the bright side, at least wasn't a Mpregn with a huge belly, you wouldn't even notice he was having children LOL

Dina F Rahmah likes this.
  5. neko_chan_nyaann

neko_chan_nyaann Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ummmm.... can anyone tell me where I can read the mtl? Can someone please provide me with the link?

6. missdokja

missdokja Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.koreanmtl.online/p/the-s-classes-that-i-raised.html
    There are also two translators on tumblr atm. They're both at chapter 225/226 and have excellent quality. SFS translations and dbgdbw. The latter has some chapters from the Christmas Dungeon arc translated as well.

Can anyone spoil me as to how Riette died (I remember Taewon saying it was his fault) and if geunseo has revealed or at least given a hint as to what Noah had to pay for her resurrection?

7. Reborn27

Reborn27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have any spoiler about the epilogue (or part 2) yet? I'm curious to know when everyone will remember Yukon again and their reactions!

8. Lalareadstuff

Lalareadstuff New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    epilogue didn’t show how everyone back on earth remember yoojin. But yoojin went back and started a youtube? channel. so that everyone back on earth would “know” that han yoojin is “alive”. like his presence should be known all over the world if he wants to go back yk. since everyone thought he was “dead” that was the condition he has to meet before he could go back to his family and friends, otherwise they won’t recognize him even if they see him. (But yoohyun felt his presence when he got back to earth lol that brocon)

sung hyunje is travelling back to the ruined worlds he used to live in with young chaos and baby yoojin. they are also going back to earth after some time.

han yoohyun and peace is currently taking care of their nephews and niece. But yerim sadly had to move out of their shared house, cuz some ppl think a young woman and man shouldn’t live together without a guardian ah moon hyuna is now the legal guardian for still underage yerim and hyj’s kids (according to hyj’s will)

ah sigma and puppeteer is also on earth but sigma is in coma? Idk I cant remember that part sesung guild is also currently taken care of by kang soyoung. everyone thought sung hyunje is just recovering from his wounds from the last battle, but only a few knows he is not here. Somehow ppl become suspicious that ksy is somehow hiding shj is dead and trying to take over the guild? (or they just didn’t like that a young girl is the head of a giant guild lol altho it was according to shj’s will)
    kang soyoung and moon hyuna had to go take a photo of sigma sleeping and tip it off to journalists and was like ‘ahahaha he’s aLIVE AND WELL’

and that’s all of epilogues i think. maybe there might be sth I missed.
    There won’t be part 2 but side stories will come in 2023.

9. Dofu

Dofu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where did baby Yoojin come from again? I can't remember for the life of me lol

10. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think I was entirely wrong about Hyunjae. I still stand by my own legit dislike/interpretation about him.
    However I agree that he has redeeming qualities you ve pointed out that doesn't make him a complete creep.
    I kinda get that he is sort of the Brooding Sad Bryonic Hero with Hidden Depth + Issues that he can only show it to the one(s) he is very close with or really secretly cares... There is a good reason why this type of anti-hero is still popular to this day. But I am not fan of it.
    To Me He is definitively not the kind of character that I can sympathize with, personally want to root for or have fun with.
    Everyone has its own preferences/taste for complex personal reasons.
    We just respectfully Agree to Disagree with each other & Move On.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
  11. Rinfantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    when I have even forced you to like him? I guess it could be seen in that way but I didn't want to change your dislike for him, I wanted to the change the mental box you put him under. I just don't want Hyunjae being put into a pre-estabilshed stereotype or label like are most chinese MLs or the MLs in romance novels, you can dislike him all you want, I just wanted to point out Hyunjae isn't a walking stereotype and have his own uniquess. Regarding my point of his relationship with Yujin it was just a warning not to aspect too much from Yujin since you seemed to look foward to some kind of pay back or Yujin be the one with the most power in their relationship and Hyunjae being the one who succumbs ( but I guess Yujin have his moments too that you will like LOL like when he shot him and killed him in a virtual reality when they team up against Mr Song LOL)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
    veihakase and agnesmimi like this.
  12. Lalareadstuff

Lalareadstuff New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    baby yoojin is the new second source. currently taken care of by sung hyunje and young chaos. i think more about him will come up more in side stories.

akuma_river and Dofu like this.
  13. constellationC

constellationC New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did the epilogues ever cover the Predator King's self-egg (when he reverted to an egg and gave it to Yoojin??) hatching at any point? I think yoojin still has it if im not mistaken

akuma_river likes this.
  14. Sassy Island

Sassy Island Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a long story but basically Han yujin gets a skill by killing somebody, this skill allows him to create monsters the only problem is that his F'rank body is to weak to carry a S+ class beast so he uses other people's mana or life source//soul as a type of way to balance it out, the only problem with this method is that the resulting monsters look like humanoid children and can switch between monster and human (also fun fact han yujin was banned from naming his kids becasue of his bad naming sense)

Also I've already read this part but now I can't find it! So my question is (drum roll please) when did han yujin give birth to his kids dun dun dun

15. BriarOfMaharlika

BriarOfMaharlika Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hey guys i'm freaking screaming right now please answer me to those who caught up with the novel!

is it completed?
    is it true that this novel has a canon bl end?!

16. saehh

saehh New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No? Lol cuz it’s ain’t a bl novel

like if you want to think shj and hyj ended together then you can? although it’s not canon, both cherish each other a lot in the novel. (So feel free to go nuts with the ship)

and most kr fantasy series aren’t very romance focused anyway. Even in Solo leveling the canon m/f romance didn’t get much screen time. so yeah no romance at all……

Deeyodee and Dofu like this.
  17. BriarOfMaharlika

BriarOfMaharlika Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks even if it's kinda sarcastic of you lol, some friend told me that info I'm glad you clarified

18. Rinfantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder which other spoiler thread are in the web for this novel because here we clarified so many times this isn't a BL novel... as well how there is only a timeline ( past timelines aren't existing anymore) and the ending is bittersweet but isn't tragic at all. Where all this misinformation comes from?

veihakase likes this.
  19. saehh

saehh New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its cuz sclass doesnt have an english tl thats really up to date with it and when ppl search for sclass fanarts, all that comes up on for example P*nterest are like 60% hjyj art and 39% yhyj art 1% normal art so yeah thats the main reason why i think.
    And it also has a fandom where the main demo is shippers so it doesnt really help that much? ig haha

Missaaa, mia-chan and Dofu like this.
  20. akuma_river

akuma_river Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone have mtl past chapter 737? There are 860 chapters.

This one only goes up to 737.

I don't even know how to get a copy and try mtl myself.

What happens after chapter 737?

BTW, I know some think of SHJ and Yujin situation is queerbaiting us and I disagree. Queerbait tends have a big nohomo scene or one or both of them get in hetro relationships.

What I think we are seeing is old school gay subtext to get past the censors stuff. Like Velma from Scooby-Doo and how in the past several incarnations she is a lesbian and not just subtextually hinted at being gay like the first several series had her as. Seriously go back and watch the old school stuff and see if you can spot the lesbian tropes and her crush on Daphne.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
    Deeyodee likes this.