Discussion The Sage Who Transcended Samsara terrible translation quality??

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Lil K.O, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
    I know the reviews of the novel said the translation bad but I'd say it's just sub par at best but at least readable and it did get better but wtf is going on from chapter 780 upwards? This is actually just mtl, one of the chapters has 3 whole untranslated paragraphs, I don't know who the fuck this translator is but they clearly are just copy and pasting Google translate with barely to literally no proof reading or editing.
    Anyone else read to this stage can comment on the translation? Like does it get better cause I'm at like chapter 786 and it's straight up unreadable

2. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry there is nothing you can do, if the current translation is recognized the quality doesn't matter as long as the updates are frequent enough. If I recall correctly a translator needs to stop posting for three months before you can make a pick up request. As for requesting a competent translator to replace the current translator, such a thing doesn't exist.

It f*cking sucks.

3. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure you can report the current chapters and they'll be removed if they are basically just pure MTL, regardless of if the first few chapters were decent.

4. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    In case you didn't know, Webnovel uses MTL to translate many of their novels because it's cheaper to use MTL than hiring a translator.

5. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    The translation quality of the novels I've read from them were fine. Since I haven't read any of their MTL-ed works, I won't say anything about that.

However, I don't really see how this has anything to do with the current situation?

6. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read the novel because I avoid the site, but
    It happens from time to time with sites like that. They think that as long as a novel is popular people don't care if the MTL is unedited.

I doubt webnovel would change the MTL "translator" unless the guy went AOL due to death threats but you could check a random chapter ~50-100 down the line and see if it looks better at a glance.