The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System fan fiction

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by alexfilia, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Allroundfangrl

Allroundfangrl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay!!! I've finished work, so I'm going to Discord

2. TerraRising

TerraRising Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    -knocks very softly- Hello, is it still possible to join you guys on Discord?

Gav likes this.
  3. Shiroifeather

Shiroifeather Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can i get an invite too ? Tho i will probably not be very talkative there either

Koganei0104 and Gav like this.
  4. Gav

Gav [Fairy of the Garden of Evil]

Reading List:
    Link
    Inviting you now.

5. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    You can all thank @DJdragone and @TanarWater for this catastrophe

A Dream Demon's Odyssey
    Aka The Gods Must Be Crazy
    The Dream Demon's greatest fear and the main subject of his worst nightmares ever since his tribulations was for his soul to dissipate and for each piece to fly away, scattered to the four corners of the heavens.

To lose all his cultivation, the fruit of all his hard work, to become nothing more than a whisper on the wind.

He had clung to life for so terribly long, even dwelling in dream realm after dream realm like some sort of parasite rather than taking a chance with reincarnation, that the mere thought of having his souls fly apart gave him a constant sensation of terror.

Then he had found himself in that horrible, horrible world where people could lose their humanity or their souls after they were killed and the creeping sensation of losing his souls, of losing his 'humanity' had been even worse than he had ever imagined.

He had been shoved into a corpse. He then had to claw his way frantically out of a grave to reach air. Then he had to fight undead monstrosities in a graveyard before he could reach relative safety, only to find there was no safety at all in that world.

Then he met The Bun, a being that resembled a giant.... steamed meat bun... thing that somehow still managed to wear armor and wield weaponry.

The Bun was a fiend. A backstabbing, prank pulling fiend. He was also the only one who had bothered to try to teach him how to survive in that demented hell realm, so the Dream Demon had put up with him rather reluctantly.

The first time the Dream Demon had died and lost a soul, he had frantically killed every single monster in his path right after the moment he had been revived, trying to get his soul back. He had only felt relaxed enough to stop murdering everything from the right to the left when he had felt that soul of his rejoin him again.

Then he was flooded in souls of all the things he had killed, drowning in their memories and their resentments until he managed to break free and center himself. That was an incredibly disorienting experience.
    Losing souls, losing humanity, feeling the pieces of him being scraped out, or flying away from him each time, leaving him terribly empty had terrified him.WWinning the battles and being buried in memories of the undead and monsters that he sent back to their graves was just as overwhelmingly discomfiting.

His only consolation was that despite all of that he hadn't been reduced to a whisper on the wind, and all because of the strange resurrection system that hell realm had.

Apparently the reason he hadn't ceased to exist upon his first death and subsequent deaths was that the king of the gods and several other deities and mortal kings after him, had sacrificed themselves. They
    had set themselves on fire and turned themselves into Cinders in order to grant all beings a chance to keep resurrecting.

Or at least that was all that the Dream Demon could confirm.

There were myriad rumors, he said, she said, about the gods motivations or what the possible consequences of the flame going out could mean for all those who lived in that realm but all of them agreed that the king of the gods had done it to prolong the Age of Flame. That is to say, the current civilization.

The Dream Demon didn't really care why the gods had done it or what for. He didn't care about their reasoning or the beliefs of the people around him. He didn't care about how the flame's continuing to burn or being snuffed out could affect them or their whole civilization.

What the Dream Demon did care about was simple. The Flame kept his souls from dissipating.

The Flame kept him alive.

The Flame kept resurrecting him and giving him more chances to live, to get out of this hellhole.

Therefore, in the Dream Demon's estimation, the Flame was good and it had to be kept burning.
    At least until the Dream Demon could finally escape from that place.

And that is exactly what he did. He helped one of the people that he came across become the next lord of Cinder. Then he defended the man's throne while he continued trying to find his way out.

Finding his way out was easier said than done. The Dream Demon had no idea how many battles he had been forced to fight against former lords of Cinder, with and against so many other people who had all their own ulterior motives.

Some of them wanted to use him as a tool to kill their enemies. Others wanted to use him as a borrowed knife in their assisted suicides. Some wanted to rekindle the flame to take power for themselves in the current order. Others wanted to snuff out the flame to make a new order, a world ruled by men instead of the few remaining gods.

Luckily, the Dream Demon himself wasn't even the kind of being that could be set alight to further the Flame or snuff it out, so he managed to avoid most of their schemes by dint of not being what those schemers needed.

Of course, to his great confusion and initial dismay, even after he had managed to find a way out of that realm by taking advantage of the Fire's ability to link events all across the continuum from the distant past to the uncertain future in order to find the exit, he found himself in yet another world.

At least, he thought, at least he still had a working body. A real body. It was an incredible stroke of good fortune that he had managed to keep the body that he had been initially shoved into, upon his arrival in that hell realm.

At least, the Dream Demon was relieved, in this realm his souls and humanity would remain intact, in this body, right where they were supposed to be.

Of course, the Dream Demon hadn't reckoned on the fact that this new realm he had found his way to, had a whole society that had developed around the drinking the blood of beings that were ancient and eldritch as their main method of cultivation. A cultivation method that could result in people becoming horrifying mindless Beasts as well as Hunters.

The Dream Demon's first encounter with the cultivators of that realm had been with the Good Hunter, the First Hunter Gehrman, and the lady who would eventually become his wonderful wife, the Plain Doll.

Old Gerhman was clearly tired of living but nevertheless he cared for both the Dream Demon and Good Hunter as best as he could manage, training them diligently in how to keep themselves alive and sane. The Plain Doll was so sweet and gentle, caring and kind, it was like balm on all of the Dream Demon's wounds.

The Good Hunter was a decent junior martial brother, a bit naive, but he tried his best.

To the Dream Demon's delight, he had apparently acquired some companions who would not, in fact, kick him off cliffs for the 'lols'.

The Dream Demon then tried that blood drinking cultivation method out in order to strengthen his current body further. Since he was currently an undead, he had hoped to find a way to return his body to true life.

Of course, he succeeded but with... plentiful side effects.
    For one, the Dream Demon had rapidly grown even more eyes than anyone should ever have. In his brain, of all places. He gained Insight at a truly frightening speed, gaining knowledge that had always managed to drive lesser men mad.

Knowledge like the fact that the plain Doll whom he had come to love so much was in fact an eldritch being called a Great One. The Great Ones' eternal yearning to have children after their own offspring had been taken from them had been the catalyst for their many attempts to either raise humans into being their children through evolving their flesh by continually feeding or transfusing their blood or train humans to bring their children into the world from the Great Ones' own flesh through various experiments that were undertaken by the humans who they made contracts with.

In the end, while the Good Hunter opted to be released from the dream, the Dream Demon in his stead consumed the three umbilical cords and challenged the Moon Presence to claim the Doll for his wife. He won and became a Great One himself.

That evolution combined with his flight through the Flame, a flame that bound causality and time together, opened his understanding of the greater cosmos.

Now he could see worlds where decisions and events went differently or worlds where all decisions were the same yet something fundamental about the universe was sometimes different, often gender for some strange reason.

These sights and knowledge granted him a deep understanding about some of the forces that drove the universe... like Fate.

This would likely come in handy later, but the most pertinent piece of information he had quickly gained was this:

The people who were currently running the universe were sick bastards who fed off the faith, the pain, the emotions of all the people who dwelt within the worlds under their control, gods, demons and humans alike. They also stole the creations and effort of others rather than enrich the universe themselves, arbitrarily granting blessings and curses according to their own amusement.

*humanity in the world that the dream demon was flung into doesn't refer to any virtuous behavior or conscience nor is it humanity in the sense of being a human being. humanity in that world means the ability to have higher cognition and the ability to feel any emotions at all.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    alexfilia, Kitama, readerz and 7 others like this.
  6. wraven881

wraven881 Stressed Student

Reading List:
    Link
    Taking a break from papers. Uninstalled discord.
    :cry:
    Thank you fairy

Gav likes this.
  7. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    Reinstall discord! We miss you!

8. xenotop

xenotop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::cry::cry::cry::sick::sick::sick::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:
    this, strangely, is the plot of some prons in chinese. its extreme but also terrible. why bother putting a plot in if the sex is torture? but i guess some people are into that?

YELLS: :blobhero: GET :blobhero: THE:blobhero: KINGDOM:blobhero:OUT:blobhero:OF:blobhero:THE:blobhero:GENE:blobhero:POOL:blobhero:
    please, i need enlai's pelvis crushign

meridien313 likes this.
  9. Lily Noir

Lily Noir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After more than a week of reading I have finally, finally, finished this thread. I feel a bit bittersweet, on one hand - finally caught up, on the other - noooo, no more fic to read. It was awesome, and G is one of my fav characters ever now.

Gav likes this.
  10. spearpoint

spearpoint Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wrote a new original LBH / original SQQ oneshot called "Changeover" :

https://archiveofourown.org/works/17013126

I don't know how to explain this one. SQQ's personality changes because of an Event. LBH is confused.

and I continue to not finish stuff I've mentioned in this forum and instead produce completed oneshots of things I've never spoken about.

11. SourKandy

SourKandy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've caught up!
    All of the arcs are great~ Looks like the Dream Demon has the potential to become a very large thorn in the side of the East System, and it's the System's own fault with how they tried to get rid of him.

Gav likes this.
  12. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad you like it. :D did you catch up with the stuff on discord too?

13. SourKandy

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm working on it, I'm new to discord so it's slow going.

14. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    24 pages of fic in discord being beta'ed before I get to dump them in here, hurhur.

15. SourKandy

Reading List:
    Link
    Aoguang's harem is very interesting...

16. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL I do try to give some depth to all the characters who interact with my buns.
    If only because I like to write meng.

17. SourKandy

Reading List:
    Link
    You're good at making loads and loads of characters without making clones or getting repetitive.

18. Azurite

Azurite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm binge reading while ignoring my thesis...
    aha..haha..ha...
    why is this my life?.... orz:sushi_dead:
    I can foresee that G would be put in house arrest and/or grounded in sect territory out of paranoia....

Wang An marital life :aww::aww::aww:

This rock completely agree that Yue is the female lead if G is the male lead :blobxd::blobxd:

....I'm starting to NOT support BingGe x G pairing:hmm:

.....AKA How Yue Seduced G Without Trying And/Or Knowing He Did It

....yep. Not going to support BingGe x G ship...:notlikeblob:

HOLY MARSHMALLOW!!!! What A Terrifying Pair!!! Both are amoral scientist-doctor hybrids!! I fear that none of the living beings (not just sentient) will be safe from them!!
    THE HORROR ah!!!!:blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:

Lunnear and readerz like this.
  19. LCC

LCC Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so many new people oooooooooo
    =D
    Fairy's fic is becoming more popular!
    Hooray!:blob_pompom:

20. spearpoint

spearpoint Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lunnear, readerz and SourKandy like this.