Spoiler The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Apr 19, 2017.

?

Will it get better

1. Yes

93.9%
  2. No

6.1%
  1. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Was it when they were passing through a tight space with SQQ walking futher than the rest and encountered a snake who later escaped by crawling on top of Shan QingHua?

readerz and Rufi-sidd like this.
  2. Rufi-sidd

Rufi-sidd When the wolves come out to play!

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup snake with a human head who later introduced himself as zu zhilang who later reluctantly saved luo binghe along with shizun from being found by his uncle and binghe's father by sitting on binghe who was hiding under the blanket I think if I remember correctly lol that scene though......
    Seeming like they were doing it while in reality they were sitting on binghe lol

readerz and Cypress like this.
  3. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
    Ouh yeah I remember reading about that on the threat. I wish I made a mental note about the snake being an important character when reading that scene a long time ago. Did it really had a human head?! I completely forgot lol. The same thing happened with GDC in the Xuanwu cave when a boy wanted to turn in MianMian to the Wen people. Who would have known that he was gonna have an important part later in the story.

4. Enther

Enther Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I decided to re-read SV because I feel like I've forgotten what I've read and I can't get over the fact that, apparently, "The original Shen Qingqiu’s family was well-off and he could at least be considered a small wealthy second generation offspring. He had two older brothers who would inherit the family business in the future and a younger sister that he loved. Their feelings were very good."

I've read far enough and have been going through enough spoilers to know it's not true, but I was wondering if someone could tell me how and when original!SQQ's backstory was revealed? And where the heck did that description come from? Is it what original!SQQ says to anyone that asks because he doesn't want to think of the Qiu family? Also, can someone tell me about the peak lords? Namely how they got their names? Because the 'qiu' in SQQ's name is the same 'qiu' as in the Qiu family and I feel like there has to be a story behind that.

5. Melonee_Mizu

Melonee_Mizu Looking for motivation

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there might be some posts in the directory, but here's one of the longer previous posts explaining Shen Jiu's past.
    Shen Jiu's past was shown to Shen Yuan/Shen Qingqiu when Shen Qingqiu encountered the Dream Demon while hiding with Luo Binghe in a coffin. The description of Shen Jiu coming from a wealthy family isn't that far off. The Qiu family was indeed wealthy, and they adopted Shen Jiu from the streets. the Qiu in Shen Qingqiu's name is probably from when he got adopted--or smth like that.

As for the peak lords, again, it's in the directory, but here are some links that explain that. The Qing character post, the names and seniority rank, and the peak names... I assume the name is like their existing name, but with "qing" in front of their given name. In regards to Shen Jiu, he probably just replaced the "Jiu" part of his name with "Qiu" as a sign of him cutting away from his past. Which is why he doesn't "recognize" (or ignores to recognize) Yue Qingyuan (who was formerly Yue...Seven? I forgot the pinyin of the name in Chinese.)

6. BlackLotusCucumber

BlackLotusCucumber Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does Zhu Zhilang fall in love with SQQ?

Rufi-sidd likes this.
  7. Melonee_Mizu

Reading List:
    Link
    Not that I know of. Nope.

Note that, as previously mentioned MXTX tends to have only specific pairings because she herself gets attached to her pairings. So rarely (If at all) will you see an official OT3. (and from what I understand, it's very frowned upon on the CN side to ship an officially shipped mxtx character outside of the main ship that the authoress herself confirms.)

Rufi-sidd likes this.
  8. Melonee_Mizu

Reading List:
    Link
    @readerz
    BC Novels' home page for Scum Villain hasn't been updated with the newer extras that are listed in the directory. Includes the completed following: The Pinnacle of Bing-Mei and Bing-Ge’s Face-Off: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3; You Understand | A Tale about the Wedding | Resentment of the Chunshan, Song of BingQiu | Memory: Fighting Succubi with Master Liu | Return to Childhood. I'm not sure if you want to include Yue QingYuan and Shen QingQiu, Part 1, Part 2, since I don't know if that is finished or not.

Jodie Akai, Ludoret and Soulfill like this.
  9. Lady Jiang

Lady Jiang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All three volumes of SV(ver Thai)can be bought now...the book cover is just tooooooooooo beautiful!(envy)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and you can also buy the box:
    [​IMG]
    And there's even a surprise picture in Vol.2 featuring LQG and LBH fighting over SQQ's dead body(chap 50)
    [​IMG]

Jodie Akai, redbean, Ludoret and 4 others like this.
  10. Ze Wu Jun

Ze Wu Jun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I ask for a spoil please?
    I am in the middle of reading, and from the first chapter I remember the real Shen Qingqiu would kill Yue Qingyuan. I really like this character, and I'm worried.
    Please someone tell me what will happen to this guy

11. Melonee_Mizu

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, Shen Jiu (the original Shen Qingqiu) did not kill Yue Qingyuan. It was more like Luo Binghe killed Yue Qingyuan by using Shen Jiu as bait to lure Qingyuan into a trap. (If you're talking about Liu Qingge, that's different. Shen Jiu DID kill Liu Qingge, but as an accident.)

From what happens in the novel from what I remember, Yue Qingyuan never dies. Instead, he does pull out his sword to fight with Luo Binghe in like the second to last chapter of the entire novel, but then at that point, it's revealed that Yue Qingyuan's sword has like life-stealing properties. Qingyuan almost dies, but Shen Yuan/Shen Qingqiu avoids the situation where a death flag would have been risen. So in the end, Yue Qingyuan ends up surviving and continues to be sect leader.

At least that's what I remember after reading the raws with MTL.

Emmabluez and Ze Wu Jun like this.
  12. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh, I'll do it when I'm not horribly busy lol! :LOL::LOL::LOL: I'll try to get it done in a few days.

13. Ze Wu Jun

Reading List:
    Link
    Beside Shen Qingqiu and Luo Binghe, Who else is gay in this novel, or seems to be gay?

readerz likes this.
  14. Paper_Plains

Paper_Plains Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A northern demon ice king that like to beat up a peak lord

Ludoret, readerz and Ze Wu Jun like this.
  15. Ze Wu Jun

Reading List:
    Link
    S
    Sorry , I do not understand. I have read only the translated parts
    Are Yue Qingyuan or Liu Qingge gays? They look suspicious :)))))))

16. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahahahahahaha nice question. There is some debate about whether or not Yue and Liu are gay, too. They are definitely "suspicious" but nothing concrete.

baka8roukanako and Ze Wu Jun like this.
  17. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
    Mo BeiJun, demon king of the north who became LBH right hand man(?) and Shang QingHua, the transmirated author.
    It's actually confirmed by the author herself that they ended up together.

Darcy, Ludoret, Pretty Yunita and 3 others like this.
  18. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More author interview translations:
    MXTX interview(3)
    MXTX interview (2)

:blobfearful::blobtriumph::blobtired::blobastonished:

hopsica likes this.
  19. Rufi-sidd

Reading List:
    Link
    criticism!!! you tell our precious Bing Bing to die is no criticism... it's hate!

Emmabluez and baka8roukanako like this.
  20. Rufi-sidd

Reading List:
    Link
    Cypress likes this.