Spoiler The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Apr 19, 2017.

?

Will it get better

1. Yes

93.9%
  2. No

6.1%
  1. castorl

castorl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since this is the case, I apologize for the false plagiarism accusation. I don't know you, so I had no clue if you were the type of person who would or not.

2. darkfaelyn

darkfaelyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just my two cents, the "localization" went into the realm of no long being a faithful translation and ended up as some mangled interpretation. If you're posting it, then you're taking some ownership even if Playerprophet never consulted you. Localization in general is not a wise idea unless you are fluent in the language/culture, and it's quite clear Playerprophet is not fluent based on the questionable changes they made:hmm:

3. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand some people don't like the idea of localization. It's like the subs vs dubs in anime.

You can send your feedback via a comment on the localization chapters if you like. Playerprophet has been responding to specific feedback. (y) She seems to not be on NU though.

4. Jass

Jass Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You have received Scriptor's permission, but what about fae? I've been made recently aware that several parts of fae's translations have been taken and spliced with scriptor's translation, without her permission.

5. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, no I don't have Fae's permission since the person doing the localization told me she was using scriptor's. Please pm me the spliced stuff so I can remove it.

edit: I'm no expert but I checked out the three versions side-by-side and I don't see any splicing.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  6. Rurella

Rurella Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please look at the following few excerpts then:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These were some of the parts that myself and some others have seen and why we are saying that the "re-TL" needs Fae's permission. I'm sure there's more we haven't caught but here should be more than enough evidence to prove it's not without basis.

But also, as the leading person on SV translations, and with the re-TL person having your promotion, recommendation and praise on BC Novel, I feel like it's a discredit to you that there are many things you have missed and need commenters and the community to point out the flaws in.
    [Edit] I'm namely talking about the amount of edited slang, most notably being how they somehow translated "cao ni ma" (slang for f*** your mom) into "alpaca", which is both comedic and revealing in how completely out of touch they are with the language and material. And since SV is a work that's filled with slangs and puns...well. Not to mention they actually translated the wrong text entirely for MXTX's name.

As someone who is extremely fluent in English (enough to make a living off of it for the last 6 years), I can say with absolute honesty that the "localization" version is not smooth reading or good English. I'm not sure why native English speakers would find it better in any way to the existing translations with the footnotes, kudos to your hard work. That's my 2 cents on this matter, thanks.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    claudine, oola, Helaine and 1 other person like this.
  7. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Playerprophet has asked that her localized chapters be taken down. I have done so. Thank you for the feedback. Alas, I must accept that I was too careless in this. I'm sorry.

You're right and I'm sorry for my carelessness.

I'm greatly saddened by this issue. Perhaps I was in denial.

I consider myself as primarily another fan and I've always had an accepting attitude towards other fans. When someone approached me saying that they wanted to make the text better by localizing it, I didn't think twice before saying yes. She was eager and passionate about the project so I had no doubts about it. She even formed her own little team with her own editors, completely separate from the regular BC Novels team. Thus, I had confidence that they would produce something worth reading.

Since they had their own editors, I did not check their work closely before agreeing to post it which is entirely my fault.

The regular SV team is publishing one chapter every 5 days and I have three other projects. I've also had some RL stuff, as we all do. In short, I've been very busy. I knew I had no time to check their work myself so I should have asked someone else to check it for me. I also didn't check Fae's vs the localized version since I was told it would be based on Scriptor's version. That was my bad. I should have been more careful.

I'm sorry.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    RiiRu, claudine, oola and 2 others like this.
  8. Emmabluez

Emmabluez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah you are doing the best that you can, you are not at fault at all. thank you for all your hard work <3

readerz likes this.
  9. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 79 is up! http://bcnovels.com/chapter-79-scum-villain/

The NU bot seems to be slow since the chapter has been up for 2 hours but it still isn't listed on NU. I also noticed that the front page of NU doesn't have as many releases as it normally has right now.

Sauling, Emmabluez, Darcy and 2 others like this.
  10. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    I already read this chapter previously but now that it's officially out in English, I just want to leave this comment in here...

Luo Binghe, you deserve a hug :blob_teary: and by all means, I'm giving this to you virtually :blobsob: even when I know all you wanted in your life was SQQ to choose you and for him to stay by your side :blobsneeze:

If only SQQ knew back then about the whole Abyss thing, then LBH wouldn't have the first catalyst to this whole 'betrayal' and all this heart ache would have been avoided but without these heart ache it wouldn't have contributed to a touching moment later. Anyways it's time for SQQ to show LBH just how much he won't leave him and will choose him too. I'm looking forward to the later chapters on my end!

readerz and Emmabluez like this.
  11. joyunmin_02

joyunmin_02 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi. I love this novel after Mo Dao Zu Shi.

May I ask what chapters will they have sex? Hahahahaha.

readerz likes this.
  12. Yumelien

Yumelien Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also wanted to ask, how many chapters till the end of the story? Because here on NU it says 80 chapters + 20 side stories, but it seems too rushed to end this in just one chapter (also, there was already an extra chapter before).

readerz likes this.
  13. Sa76

Sa76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will the chapters have detailed smut scenes in it? Or is it deleted because of the censorship?

14. CawCawBird

CawCawBird Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Smut is in chapter 80, explicit. Not sure about the extras.
    I think it's 81 chapter in the main plot, actually?

15. Lianyin

Lianyin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Main story ends at chapter 81, after that would be the extras. :cookie:

16. Littlemo

Littlemo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it possible to have both the censored and explicit?

readerz likes this.
  17. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 80!!!
    :blobtaco:Pa :blobtaco:pa :blobtaco:pa

Soooo SQQ was gonna die again?! If that's the case he should have papapa back then instead of self-destructing if the outcome was going to be the same:blob_catflip:

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    Darcy and Emmabluez like this.
  18. wicketginger

wicketginger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn it. I thought it stopped at 80 so I had been waiting until it reached 80 to finished the novel and then wait for the extras. How upset was I when 80 ended as it did. I was tricked.

I wanted to have that smooth read to the end. I feel so cheated. Just like with thrive in catastrophe. What a cruel world.

19. Jeonjkook

Jeonjkook 徐明浩我的男神

Reading List:
    Link
    Question..
    I read the mc would die again and switch to another body or something like that?
    So what hapoen to shen qingqiu's body?

20. wicketginger

wicketginger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

His original body is preserved.
    When he is in his new body (I can't rememeber exactly what happens) he gets transported to his old body.

readerz and Jeonjkook like this.