Spoiler The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Apr 19, 2017.

?

Will it get better

1. Yes

93.9%
  2. No

6.1%
  1. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    I like angst too lol, I just thought we were looking for fluffiest extra or something. XD

And yeah, the original!villain is sad. ;-;

Aeli, alexfilia and kly like this.
  2. Luen

Luen One Who Silences The TMI Onigiri Kitty

Reading List:
    Link
    I had mixed feels for him. On one hand, what the eff is wrong with that dude who bought him n on the other, u friggin douche! How could u pour hot tea on poor ML the moment he entered under ur tutelage?! He wasn't even in his early teens yet!! U made the poor kid cry n then swear to himself to never cry again;-; even if he hated liu qingge's guts, he would've been better off under him than the original Shen qingqiu

reader_O8, Fiorisi, Maiasia and 3 others like this.
  3. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... but if you think about it. *cries*

This is a villain we're talking about. He doesn't think about this stuff much. It's like their fate happened to be a hit-and-miss as original!MC just happened to 'miss' and make a boo-boo he couldn't make up for. And it snowballed from there. That original!villain's not completely heartless is the saddest part.

Whereas with our MC and ML, you see what could have happened if things had gone right.

reader_O8, Fiorisi, Aeli and 3 others like this.
  4. Luen

Reading List:
    Link
    http://m.7230.com/a54599
    Click on that link n look n scroll down to binghe. That is pure cuteness right there!

I try not to think about Shen jiu cause his past is just all kinds of messed up n I kind of resent the girl he was engaged to for not realizing her brother was abusing him n treating him like he was worthless. As for Yue Qi.....so complicated but I still like u man. U tried ur best although I felt bad cause he didn't say sorry soon enough for Shen jiu to hear.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2017
    reader_O8, Miki T, Izn and 8 others like this.
  5. Recyclops

Recyclops Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looked it up randomly and found a video around it. Can't post links so just fill in the spaces:
    www[dot]bilibili[dot]com /video/av9124522/

Fiorisi, Aeli, Fieyy-Qa and 7 others like this.
  6. Luen

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, thank u so much for uploading that. The feels ToT ugh poor binghe

lazynoodles, kly and Recyclops like this.
  7. Recyclops

Recyclops Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone else uploaded it, I just found the link. There's a lot of fanmade videos on that site for different series/novels/games/etcetc. (y)

kly likes this.
  8. Luen

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahaha imma go watch some more n cry my eyes out from the feels

kly and scriptor like this.
  9. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, you made me curious now. What's up with original!MC?

kly likes this.
  10. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    I had trouble making sense of a good chunk of the backstory (apparently original!MC used to be on the streets and went by Shen Ji (or Jiu?) rather than Shen Qing Qiu), honestly. But it went something like this (super long summary, sorry ahead of time)):

MC used to run on the streets with other orphans living a tough life (for instance, seeing a poor prostitute girl who was 'past age' get sold to some old guy), up until he got picked up by a recruiter for the sect. MC was always kinda a bully -- he's a big bundle of 'other people annoy me, go talk to a wall' except he gets better at hiding it. He does not get along with Liu Qing Ge (Song?) because Liu Qing Ge is kinda who he wishes he could be but can't because of his background and stuff.

MC maintains his 'I-hate-people' attitude all the way. It's why he chose to go the 'quiet' peak and shoot for the Mountain Lord position where he ends up (the scholarly division). There's hints that he's lonely though, just super unable to trust people or be around a ton of them. His only friend seems to be Yue Qing Yuan.

Reason that original!MC makes original!ML fall down the ravine is due to jealousy (ML cultivating faster than him even though he's stuck at a bottleneck) and because ML purposefully led him to wrong spot in the area.

There's a bunch of time skips. The gruesome end of the original!MC (revenge of original!ML) is that he's hung up somewhere alive with his limbs chopped off and starved/thirsted. Our MC (not original!MC) in main work commented at one point he got turned into something like a human lightning rod, so I guess he's burned too... Well, at this point original!MC seems to just be crippled and starved/thirsted. Yue Qing Yuan comes to visit him at one point and tries to give him water, at which point original!MC wakes up out of the painful fugue a bit. They have a conversation, MC admits he killed Liu Qing Ge and Yue Qing Yuan says a lot of them (fellow sect people) think that all of this would not have happened if he'd treated ML better. And MC is... well, his attitude is kinda like 'welp, it happened, no use talking or thinking more about what-ifs, been there done that.'

He gets this sudden moment of mercy though, it's poetic and sad because he admit that it's like a weight got lifted from his heart to be nice for once. He thinks that Yue Qing Yuan has always been good to him. He admits that he really hates people (natural sadist maybe) and that he's really only happy making others miserable, so nothing could have been done. Yue Qing Yuan (poor guy) asks if killing him (YQY) will resolve that hatred but original!MC says no and just tells Yue Qing Yuan to get out (presumably to save his life). And he gets out... T^T

Another time skip and original!ML descends into torture lair. ML says that he had Yue Qing Yuan killed (hinted to be beheaded). Another sad moment as MC seems to be in denial and calling ML a big fat liar in his head. ML apparently incited Yue Qing Yuan on a fruitless suicide mission to try and rescue MC by sending a bloody letter and... MC's chopped off legs... O.O

MC is... well... he laughs, but you know he's actually incredibly sad and bitter. ML doesn't know that though and for a moment he smiles because MC is smiling. But then MC tells him point-blank: 'You're a bastard.'

ML... does not react well. MC keeps laughing even though his arms are hacked off now and ML wants to see his angry face but is super pissed off that he's laughing instead (jealous maybe?). ML hacks off rest of MC's limbs and cuts/pulls out his tongue and says he wants MC to suffer the full mile, so he can't die so easily... Ends with blood on the floor and MC thinking, who was responsible for creating this kind of Luo Bing He (AKA ML)? Either way, Yue Qing Yuan shouldn't have suffered...

T^T

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  11. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    (o_O)}
    Why does the bad guys from this author is not thoroughly bad...
    Who is YQY?

12. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot most side characters to be honest lol. But I'm pretty sure he was one of the orphan kids picked up alongside MC to go to the sect. They maintain their friendship either way.

And yeah lol, but you have to admit. Bad guys who aren't completely bad are a lot more interesting than plain bad guys you can curbstomp without guilt. ^^

reader_O8, Pfuong, Izn and 7 others like this.
  13. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Way too much angst after writing up that backstory extra summary ugh, still sobbing into my tissues. Here's a portion of that funny questionnaire VERY roughly translated because I need to cheer myself up... By the way, Shang Qing Hua = transmigrated author. Cheng Qing Qiu = MC (curse you MTL for bad pinyin I had to spot check). Luo Bing He = ML

Shang Qing Hua silently crossed out over thirty junk questions on the questionnaire, beginning all over again: "What is your character?"

Chen Qing Qiu thought, then said: "It's okay."

Luo Bing He: "Don't know."

Shang Qing Hua: "What about the other person's character?"

Chen Qing Qiu ticked off one by one: "Ghost who loves to cry, has a maiden's heart, constantly has love on the brain, sticky."*

Luo Bing He's eyes flash wetly with tears, misliked and a bit hurt but still obediently answering the question: "Shi zun's** character is the best of course. Both gentle and powerful, considerate."

Chen Qing Qiu: "......"

Suddenly a bit embarrassed, now what?

He coughed twice, changes his words: "This child's character isn't bad. Especially rare. Obedient, that should be enough."

Luo Bing He's cheeks rise into the clouds.***

*sticky = referring to how ML sticks to MC like glue lol.
    **Shi zun = more complicated way of saying 'Master.' Also higher position than just 'Master,' I think.
    ***in other words, grinning like crazy.

By the way, a running joke is that ML blubbers way too much and poor MC has to go up and comfort him uselessly, telling him, "Don't cry."

Of course the flip-side is sad: original!MC made original!ML cry and swear to never cry again...

Rangeles, Fiorisi, Izn and 13 others like this.
  14. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Why did MC called ML "ghost"?

15. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a figure of speech. In terms of meaning, it's like 'guy who really loves to cry to death.' I just translated it more literally.

Izn, nhanat, kly and 2 others like this.
  16. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    o.o so many spoilers *dies happily <3* thaaank you! <3

awww the ml loves to cry (kyaaa) and the mc takes care of him (can they be cuter orz)
    After the mc died for the ml (and he got another body?) how did the ml found him again?
    (pff he kept the mc's original body in a coffin? :D)....the ml sounds like a mischivious obinient wife who always makes trouble for the mc to clean up and he is so cute he cant get mad at him :D

Alina Moktan, Izn, cici and 5 others like this.
  17. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, I can't stop myself. Here are some more translated segments:

Shang Qing Hua: "After the night, the first thing you say in the morning?"

Luo Bing He: "Shi zun, breakfast is ready."

Chen Qing Qiu: "Don't need to say anything else, first put on your clothes!"

Shang Qing Hua: "If the other person is raped*, what would you do?"

This question is too surreal.

Chen Qing Qiu is silent for a long time, then says: "Who is so unthinkably strong...[as to rape him]?"**

Luo Bing He pulled up his sleeves, slowly enunciating: "As adults, to be thrown into the abyss, then think of other ways, slowly boiled to death."***

*not sure what the term means. Literally, 'strongly hugged' but it showed up as 'rape' in one of the translations I ran it through.
    **by the end of the series, the ML is like most wuxia/xuanhuan/xianxia protags: strongest person in the heavens or OP. LOL
    ***ML's inner yandere is showing! Now we know why he's the 'beast' who tops the MC. XD

Rangeles, Fiorisi, Izn and 9 others like this.
  18. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    MC wandered around lost at first (didn't know how much time had passed). Then he heard there was a tragic love epic being sung about the doomed love between him and the ML. He was so mortified lol.

He returned to sect and they did some stuff before ML gatecrashed and they reunited. MC is pretty well-loved by everyone in sect (unlike original timeline) so it was kind of a tug-of-war between the other sect disciples/members and the ML. XD

LOL yeah, that's one of the running jokes. ML acts more like a wife with the cooking and crying and stuff but ML is the one who tops in end. And I think when MC was checking Achievements after reaching VIP status, he (rather than ML) was the one who unlocked all the girly waifu achievements. XDDD

19. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Pffff :D ....Mc is an awesome teacher :D ....did people find out he threw the ml into that hell place?
    After he comes back to the sect does he take his old position back? (is the ml still his student?)
    Is there an instance (before they were together) that the ml asked to sleep together with the mc? (but not as a couple :p).....after he comes back does he still get jealous of other girls ? :D

Aeli, lazynoodles, kly and 1 other person like this.
  20. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Not everyone, but some people knew. It was super morally gray because those who knew were confused... I mean, if he was that 'evil,' then why did he self-detonate his soul to save the ML? Destroying your soul is a big deal because it means you can't reincarnate. 'You' are lost forever and there's no way to get 'you' back. It's not like just dying and then being resurrected. One of the really sad lines ML says after MC comes back is that the MC's body was 'all he had left.' ;-;

Kinda difficult to say. They have a lot of skinship even before formally getting together because the ML sticks on the MC like glue. So sleeping together is kinda common I think. Or if not sleeping together, they're certainly around each other a lot. Believe it or not, it gets worse after they're together for good... XD

Not much chance for ML to be jealous lol. He's hanging all over the MC nearly all the time. There's one funny part in an extra where I think the MC and one of his old buddies (before ML came to the sect) did some ghost hunting and his buddy got dosed with an aphrodisiac. And only solution was to bang someone. The buddy was like, bro... and the MC was heartlessly saying, 'no way.' And he did something so his buddy banged someone embarrassing (like another guy I think). ML finds out about this because he asked MC whether he'd been in a questionable situation before (sexual) and MC was '...' lol. ML was jealous until MC spit it out. XD

reader_O8, Miki T, Fiorisi and 20 others like this.