Spoiler The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Apr 19, 2017.

?

Will it get better

1. Yes

93.9%
  2. No

6.1%
  1. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL, agreed. Don't worry, I'm posting it tomorrow as holiday chapter + some other goodies. :cookie:

lazynoodles, miximmaxim and Fuyuneko like this.
  2. Lady Jiang

Lady Jiang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I’m not sure if you know...mxtx has the book scum-villian system edited on the original website, adding some parts and making the relationship between SQQ and LHB going a bit smoother.(I’m not complaining, but I do think that it’s better to follow the edited one,even if it means you have to pay to support the legal copy...)
    Here are some examples: first,on that event where the poor white bun gets pushed down the abyss, the original text says that shizun bet 1000 spirit stone on him, and the edited version changed it into 5000, and add a few sentences between the peak lords:(not the original text, just a summary)
    LQG(who’s always there to squabber with shizun):You have 5000? Even with your whole qingjing peak digged upside down you won’t have that much!
    SQQ: Never mind, it’s just a little bet...
    YQY(always ready to protect SQQ):Of course he has 5000.
    QQQ(the female peak lord):So Sect Head you’ll be paying for him?
    YQY:Yes.
    LQG:Who’s responsible if lost?
    YQY:Me.
    SQQ:Who will take the money if winning?
    YQY:You.
    (By the way I do want to ship YQY with original SQQ! But most chinese fans tend to ship original!LBH and original!SQQ. )
    And another change is after shizun wake up again in his plant body, he was in LBH’s dream twice, the first time he got a kiss and the second time he tried a lot to calm the berserk LBH slaughtering dream puppets and the two of them had a long conversation and a hug(he can’t be that cold hearted to push away LBH), but mxtx add a line here:He(sqq) is in a wrong angle and he’s too busy with his own thoughts, so he didn’t see that LBH has a twisted smile on the corner of his mouth.
    So it makes sense that LBH already knows that the shizun in his dream is real, so it’s more reasonable for him to attack cangqiong sect and to force SQQ to come out.

swordfish, neu, Endlessness and 11 others like this.
  3. miximmaxim

miximmaxim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yqy is so sweet

lazynoodles likes this.
  4. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    I am poor AF lol. Also have no idea where to go to buy this original copy. Could you pass a link to me? (totally plans on getting enough money to buy it one day)

lazynoodles likes this.
  5. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh no, I read yinshou's "Moth in Cocoon" fic and couldn't stop crying by the end... ;___; It was too good and too bittersweet

This is too cute!! I ship YQY with Shen Jiu too~

And when you say "MXTX edited the book on the original website", do you mean the jjwxc website here?
    http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=2228486

lazynoodles and scriptor like this.
  6. Lady Jiang

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s the jjwxc website, the one Attica posted(I don’t have 5 posts yet so I can’t put a link here, sorry)
    The whole novel has 432,692 words, and the first 32 chapters are free. So it takes around 11 or 12 yuan( each 1000 words cost 0.03 yuan) I don’t know if there’s a problem if you pay with foreign currency...but it should be cheaper because of the money difference. A dollar is maybe...6 yuan today? I forgot.
    Please do support the legal copy, chinese fans are having a hard time dealing wih those fake fans who read illegal copy online and ruin the reputation of mxtx and her readers by being a jerk and argue with fans of many other bl authors. I don’t want our foreign friends to fall into this category too.QAQ

neu, Endlessness, Aeli and 2 others like this.
  7. Lady Jiang

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes that’s the one! Thank you!

8. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooooh, thanks for the info! I thought it was some other site lol. *goes off to make money*

I'm sad to hear that there are jerk fans. ;A;

*hugs every real fan out there who's nice and supportive*

*hugs author*

@Attica , yinshou's fic made me cry too. :blobsob:

At least it was happy ending...eventually......

9. miximmaxim

miximmaxim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah... So like other popular works...
    YOI fans are like that too....
    That's why I like small but not cancer fandom
    But small fandom tend to have few fanart
    So.....

10. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow I had a breakthrough and found that jjxwc accepts Paypal internationally!! (AliPay apparently has strict limitations on what banks/cards it accepts)
    Unfortunately it seems like it takes a while to process the payment...
    EDIT: Buying through PayPal means the smallest package I can spend is 100 yuan (translating to $17).
    The whole novel including extras ending up costing around 16 yuan.
    I'm still a little unsure if this is a subscription or if I've bought everything for good?? JJWXC keeps talking about "VIP subscriptions"... is this per month?

@scriptor I'm going to look for the extra edited sections and let you know what was changed. I already found the Immortal Alliance conference section that Miss Jiang mentioned above since that was in the non-premium section, seen here: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=2228486&chapterid=22

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    Chuyin, Aeli, lazynoodles and 4 others like this.
  11. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    !!!!

*hugs and dances around*

lazynoodles likes this.
  12. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay I skimmed over the entire raw once again lol... I think the ending got fleshed out more in the edited version!! Including the finale scene with Yue Qingyuan <3

13. MikotoP

MikotoP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could you go in-depth about that finale scene with YQY?

14. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay briefly scanning it over... the SQQ-YQY final conversation is extended a little to give more closure to Shen Jiu and YQY. In general it's less depressing on YQY's side--it gives the impression that YQY has happily accepted the new SQQ, even if they can't be like they once were.

1) At the start of the conversation, YQY calls him Little 9. SQQ reminds YQY that he is called "Qingqiu" now instead of Little Nine.
    In the original, YQY whispers back "It is Qingqiu. Disciple-brother Qingqiu."
    In the new edited version, he says that exact same phrase but doesn't whisper. He lightly smiles when saying it instead.

2) New dialogue in the edited version: YQY asks SQQ what he plans to do next. SQQ says he doesn't have any specific plans, and will see what LBH wants to do. YQY smiles and says "You really do like your apprentice."

3) Near the end of their conversation, YQY says the Cang Qiong Mountain will always welcome SQQ home.
    Upon hearing that, SQQ's thoughts have an additional line in the edited version. Something like....
    "Ever since he transmigrated into this book, he has always refused to become the original scum villain [that Shen Jiu was]. He has always tried to draw a boundary between him and Shen Jiu, and been proud of that difference. This is first time ever having this strong wish:
    If only he was the real Shen Jiu.
    If only the original person truly could have heard that."
    [The original version had those last two lines, but not the preceding thought.]

4) Finally, SQQ sees LBH in the crowd.
    In the original version, SQQ directly leaves YQY after the above lines. He goes to see LBH and calls out his name. LBH asks SQQ "Why weren't you in Qing Jing Peak? Can you leave now?" SQQ says "I wanted to ask you: why didn't you wait at Qing Jing Peak?" etc. etc.

In the edited version, SQQ walks a few steps towards LBH, but then turns back to look at YQY.
    YQY tells him to go. YQY continues to stand gladly and silently behind him, just like he has done in the past, just like he will in the future.
    SQQ then notices that once upon a time, during a certain demon invasion onto Qiong Ding Peak, a hammer broke a brick wall... LBH is staring at those white bricks that were once shattered by a certain hammer.
    SQQ walks up to him, and LBH lifts his head upon hearing that familiar fan. SQQ goes straight to saying: "Don't ask anything. Let me first ask you: why didn't you wait at Qing Jing Peak?" etc. etc.

--------------------------------
    There are also quite a few changes in the final convo between SQQ and LBH, as well as the follow-up "getting chased out of the mountain". ex: Instead of giving LBH a light impatient slap and silently sighing at LBH's low self-esteem, SQQ hits him lightly with his fan instead and doesn't make that inner comment.

Even the actual ending lines of the novel are really quite different!! It's hard to describe so I'm not going to go into detail, but the new ending lines successfully bring SQQ's thoughts full circle back to the whole "fixing the original stallion novel" situation.

swordfish, Endlessness, namio and 7 others like this.
  15. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh one last knife courtesy of the Yue Qi / Shen Jiu entire angsty situation...

Remember the Charm Demon extra?
    The Charm Demon noticed that SQQ had two red threads of fate. A broken one in the past, corresponding to Shen Jiu. Then a new and whole one for the future, corresponding to the transmigrated Shen Yuan.

I think MXTX has basically confirmed: the broken one in the past wasn't between Shen Jiu and Qiu HaiTang. It was between Shen Jiu and Yue Qi ;____;

16. MikotoP

MikotoP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobconfounded: *gross sobbing and clutches chest* The heartache is real

17. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    THIS IS WHY I READ FICS WITH JIU COMING BACK TO MAKE YUE HAPPY.

Also, this fic showed up today in Lofter and made me super happy. Basically Jiu is revived by System#1 and gets attached to System#2. He does a lot of ?!?!?!?!?. Even more so when he revives, is greeted by weepy Bing-mei, and sees another him (SY) rush over and comfort Bing-mei. LOL

Here for anyone interested.

readerz and lazynoodles like this.
  18. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah I did have a couple questions that popped up in my mind when I was scanning through:

1) Originally, Shen Yuan thought that SQQ was the one who betrayed and killed YQY. By the end, it seems like Shen Yuan realized that YQY willingly went to his death to try and save SQQ from original!LBH. But exactly when did Shen Yuan learn that original!LBH used Shen Jiu to trap and kill YQY? I never saw any flashbacks on this topic. Was this just Shen Yuan guessing correctly?

2) Did Zhu ZhiLang survive the final battle? It seems TLJ survived, but I can't tell if ZZL did or not.
    EDIT: Rereading the final chapter, the revised version clarifies that ZZL didn't make it :(

3) It's a little unclear--how much of a role did original!SQQ play in original!LQG's death? Some people say that original!SQQ murdered LQG in cold blood by taking advantage of the qi deviation. Other people say that original!SQQ didn't truly want to kill LQG, he just couldn't save him from the qi deviation.

Aeli and Gav like this.
  19. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember much (need to reread lol), but what I think happened was:

1) SY made an educated guess. It's the kind of cunning scheme that blackened!LBH would like setting up.

2) Honestly not sure. TLJ is definitely alive, but ZZL might have died. I think. I do remember TLJ trying to save ZZL at the end.

3) I think original!SQQ (let's just call him SJ) did play a big role in LQG's death. He was quite jealous of what he thought of as LQG's 'smooth' life. LQG was strong and talented, didn't miss best age for entering martial arts/cultivation, and didn't have a crappy childhood or adopted family.

swordfish, Aeli, Gav and 1 other person like this.
  20. Lady Jiang

Reading List:
    Link
    1)The first time YQY appeared(in chapter one where SY just become SQQ),SY got quite a fright because he remembers that YQY was tricked into the trap and shot to death by tens of thousands of arrows by original!SQQ and original!LBH both(he didn’t know the past of these two tragic bro) in the original timeline so it’s probably mentioned in the original book. But as the extra says, SJ never wanted to have YQY come and rescue him but big brother 7 come anyway. But as dear author airplane is trying his best to make SJ a stereotype jerk he probably cut all the water prison conversation between 7 and 9 in the extra and just give feeble final words that SJ called for help,YQY come and died a painful death, the end(Again, time to punch airplane towards the sky to death!)
    2)ZZL died in the final battle and his final moves are still to protect TLJ.
    He has a quite sad extra too, about the story of him, TLJ and LBH’s mom SXY.
    3)In SQH(airplane)’s extra, he went to fight some demon in a well with LQG and original!SQQ, and while fighting SQQ actually saved LQG once but LQG misunderstood(wrong angle and not seen the demon SQQ was aiming at). Both of them were angry and had a fight right in the middle of the battle with the well demon.
    SQH sees it all but SQQ refused to let him explain the truth to LQG. Then SQH(airplane) said something quite terrifying if you thought it twice:“Dear martial brother shen, if you ever got yo face someone with a qi deviation, run away and call for help, it’ll do you some good.”
    So the truth may be that LQG got his qi deviation,SJ saw him and tried to help him(just like SY) but sadly he failed and LQG died. As they are the only two in the spiritual cave everyone blames SJ for killing LQG and again SJ refuses to defend himself instead this is exactly the turning point for SJ to give up on himself and become the scum villian. Airplane must have deleted all these and just write BS like ‘Original!SQQ killed LQG during a qi deviation’(which SY knows from the book)

swordfish, Endlessness, namio and 9 others like this.