Spoiler The Second Coming of Avarice / Gluttony

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Knight8, Sep 6, 2018.

1. DIvineemperor

DIvineemperor Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

Because her sister is a traitorous bitch and seol probably just didn’t want to get further involved with her I mean he watched her sever yun seohui limbs got torture her then chop her head off as a finisher kek

Bro... seohui also has future vision she literally has no reason why she can’t talk about it she herself said she was going to do it when everything was over because she wasn’t too sure if Jihu remembered or not and didn’t want him to doubt her for being sneaky lol

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2020
  2. Sparks-Blades

Sparks-Blades Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there any more information or any spoilers on Roe Scheherazade?

3. DIvineemperor

Reading List:
    Link

Her husband was murdered by Sinyoung and she was raped on a regular basis by their executives in front of her husband ghost and done a lot of nasty play like scat golden shower etc and somewhere along the lines started enjoying it all thanks to yun seohui no less kek

4. furyxcrow

furyxcrow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait sinyoung is a bad organisation.?

Can you explain me more about all this...? And is the leader of sinyoung antagonist.??

5. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Not exactly antagonist, but more like forced by hand due to the garbage (people) around her that she didn't even try to dispose.

6. furyxcrow

furyxcrow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what happened now than.?? Those Garbage cans are still around her or she threw them out after loosing to Valhalla.??? And what about Roe, will she get the justice.??

And I am confused about Seohui future.?? Will she become an enemy or an Ally cause you know about her 5 different colours around her and her situation...

7. akashfro

akashfro Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No unfortunately. Since Seol doesnt destroy Sinyoung completely, she turns to the parasites for revenge and betrays humanity.

She will become an enemy. She was planning on betraying Seol to parasites and told the traitor HR director to kill his younger sister.

Someone that read ahead posted Yun Seohui's mindset on the wuxiaworld discord server:

As for her fate:

Sparks-Blades likes this.
  8. furyxcrow

furyxcrow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Quote and Quote
    Thank you for the spoilers... Now I understand sighhh, I really wanted her to change but this sighhh...

Not gonna complete this novel anymore... I was already regretting reading author's necrophilia habbit but this just too heavy for my little heart... Sigh, how will our MC fix all this shit... Sighhs again

9. Unknown-_-000

Unknown-_-000 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Look you cant just drop the novel cuz theres a part you dont like, not everything's gonna go the MCs way, there has to be a strong antagonist, a good evil plan and everything falling to dhit for the MC to have a better comeback it just makes it more satisfying to read

10. akashfro

akashfro Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Completely understandable. All this doom and gloom is making my interest lessen in the story. Also
    knowing how the story ends, i am just disappointed that this story suffers from the common korean novel curse, ie, they just cant land the ending.

11. DIvineemperor

Reading List:
    Link

Memorize ending left much to be desired yeah but scog? Nahh it depends which ending your freeing to, the end of the main story where he kills the pq? That was good the novel completed it’s main plot. The ending in the side stories was also good, showing how he’s happy with his new family and introducing his parents to his family in paradise, we couldn’t ask for more

12. DIvineemperor

Reading List:
    Link

Let me correct a few things the other guy said, she had put the director guy up to kill seol sister and the sister got shot in the stomach then she offs the director to take blame off herself NO ONE in her surroundings corrupted her she did that to herself and it just goes to show she was NEVER on their side it’s you all who are simping after some pussy for some goddamn reason or the other to the point where you even feel like dropping the story, we hardly saw this bitch, are you that hung up on her because black seol and her had a physical relationship? Of this were any other normal transmigration novel she’d be the first bitch to die and the fan base would want her dead from her screwing the mc over and fucking a bunch of orcs etc

13. DIvineemperor

Reading List:
    Link
    Sinyoung wasn’t a bad organization perse but it suffered under an incompetent leader

14. furyxcrow

furyxcrow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Trust me dude, I also want the same thing, a master evil plan to stop MC at all cost, not going anything the wayy MC wanted but I don't like the fact about author making antagonists degraded trash/rapists/whatever you can add here... I have seen much more insane antagonist during my read time in different Korean and CN novels but this one just feels disgusting... Like a antagonist have to be a rapist in this novel at all cost.. any women other than MC close friends have to be raped and depraved.. that just doesn't make sense to me as a to make an antagonist out of it..

Lord of the mysteries is a CN novel where nothing goes as MC predicts and MC is not some man-child but I love genuine insane antagonist with their motives and goals... Not some perverted rapists...

15. furyxcrow

furyxcrow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't care anymore now, I will just read the last few chapters to get the gist when wuxia will finish translating this...

16. furyxcrow

furyxcrow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really want some group to pick MEMORIZE asap.. I have already read like 250+ MTL chapters but couldn't go any further (brain cells got depleted) at least MEMORIZE has a bigger world with MC more strong and mature..

17. DIvineemperor

Reading List:
    Link

If you can’t stand how seol is then how the fuck and why the fuck did you even bother to read up to this point? Also it’s not that an antagonist has to be rapey but it MAKES SENSE the thing about this author novels are he brings out true human nature in these characters let’s be real if any of us had that type of power in such a lawless world no one would give two ducks as to hold up moral code (I also speak for myself here but I’m not too sure) sung shiyun being a guy that wants to fuck a bunch of girls? Understandable any man who goes to such a world would be some sort of womanizer as long as they had enough power. If it’s the fact that you can’t stand your antagonists doing something so low let me remind you THEY ARE PARASITES ffs as Roselle said the parasite queen gathered the most disgusting races in all of paradise I mean what did you expect? This isn’t the type shounen novel where the villains have some sort of relatable goal or are likable it’s simply one species trying to wipe out the other it isn’t some so sure Aizen or lelouch V Britannia or light ya game type of mind games just straight simple unlikable bad guys. The pq herself doesn’t seem like that if that makes you feel any better and I doubt she wants to lower herself as to touch mortals even if she’s basically the god of degeneracy no

18. furyxcrow

furyxcrow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True Human Nature dosen't mean justifying every antagonist as perverts and MC's side characters as normal human. Even Hugo's pervertness was shown in a good way because everyone laughed on his humour.

I bothered reading this far is because of characters around MC and specially Seo Yuhui though now I question myself why now even bother but not because of MC himself which I will explain below

I can understand every powerful person really have their desire that they wanna fulfill but why every powerful person opposite of MC is just rapists or perverts and not some insane sociopath who just wanna do bad things based on MC's subjective views. Not a single appreciative foe is in this novel.. MC wins because of his insane luck and overlapping events which just makes things easier and fast approaching and feels like why even bother making him special...

MC character was really bad at start and I appreciate the time he spent on self reflecting while having suicidal thought at bridge but never saw his reflection afterwards... MC has seen the dark side of human society (as a gambler) BUT changes his entire personality when he cross over the world and later we came to know that he has some dual personality disorder which is a fuqin DISEASE and not a single thoughts on his treatment or precaution about it till now (ch380)

I enjoyed seeing just finer emotional details in the novel regarding the family drama and how just giving back the money will not solve the frustration of years he cause his family but their interactions are very short and MC himself never makes an effort (just got forced by Kim Hannah for that comeback) which got destoryed by his sister. (Tho I was very angry that time on that little *) but than I realise her frustration too.

The things is, this novel has everything and is very closely related to what will happen in reality if something like this exists in real world (not sure if it's already does) but author utterly fails at making good antagonist, romance, and Seol Jihu

19. DIvineemperor

Reading List:
    Link

First off I get your points except if you have a problem with seol Jihu personality then this novel was never for you to begin with what did you come in here expecting? A carbon copy of memorize where the mc remembers everything and had his personality drastically changed? That’s obviously not he route the author was going down from the time he decided to leave seol without memories because if he did leave him with them this would literally be memorize like no joke everything would LITERALLY be the same as memorize, the scenarios he implemented here wouldn’t even work because they wouldn’t even be able to be implemented, secondly as I said this isn’t a shounen novel where the villain has some sort of sob story, all I can tell you is not surf around this sort of genre if you want that sort of thing that’s basically for kids and is overused at this point, what’s not easy to appreciate that the main antagonist is just a god that is trying to take over everything? She dosent have some big grudge against them or anything it’s just business plain and simple yet realistic you don’t always need a reason to screw some people over it just happens quite frankly I’m glad it’s like this and not some childish cliche reason like ‘because this or that was caused by you humans or my parents caused me to go astray’ or some other bs where the antagonist learns some sort of life lesson or moral code or something at the end ( I feel sooo cringe even typing this) a GOOD antagonist isn’t one who has some emotional or dramatic reason like in your book what your looking for is like a anti hero that you can relate to (again this isn’t shounen) I see people using the phrase loosely a lot these days but honestly a ‘good antagonist’ is one who ISNT stupid and DOSENT make STUPID mistakes and isn’t the type to kill his minions cuz he gets angry. The romance is ok in my book, how were you expecting it to go? Like every other non realistic jp novel where ‘ kya our hands touch (blushing intensifies)’ or blood spurting out the nose or something? These characters are adults, they are gonna do adult things, flirt in adult ways and get closer at their own pace and don’t have their mind full of romance 24/7 one good thing about this novel is it’s realistic portrayal of human interactions. As for seol Jihu himself I already addressed this since the beginning I understand why you say his personality made a complete 180 in the beginning that’s why u were thrown off and felt cheated as this mc you expected, except here’s the thing this is a story of redemption and as you yourself has said a lot of things that happened here are what realistically would happen if it’s the real world, it’s the same with seol as he bettered himself and got over the gambling addiction he returned to how he use to be previously the narrator even specifically said this and from how his family seemed to have loved him this personality we are initially introduced to obviously couldn’t be the real him so I was low key expecting this to happen sooner or later as it’s a story of redemption (as I said if you didn’t want your character changing to vastly just go finish memorize or wait till it’s translated that’s a story of doing things right now redemption)

Sami11 likes this.
  20. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    So...two chapters ahead, Jinhee was said to be shot at the stomach.

Is this the long awaited "I'll bring her there to save her!"