LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Knight8

Knight8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't find it

2. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Knight8

Knight8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks and i did search though i think i used the wrong words

4. grandurr

grandurr [Daisy's Peony] [Negiomi's Nectar]

Reading List:
    Link
    SOLO LEVELING AAYYYYY

5. rsreaper

rsreaper Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thought this novel was great so far and had lots of potential, sad to see it dropped :(

6. SupahHamster

SupahHamster 『The One Who Lurks』

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the update. I will be looking out for your novel soon on Webnovel soon then. I am a fan of all of your translations and I appreciate all of your work. Thank you.

Keociera and A_Passing_Wanderer like this.
  7. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    For some reason all I noticed was this:

And boy, I'm close to having a heart attack here.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    Ingenuity likes this.
  8. Miss Ruby

Miss Ruby 『Candy Floss』『Black Blood』 『❄️Ice Princess❄️』

Reading List:
    Link
    Sup. TL said he aint dropped this yet but this is already done so.....I wanted to put it for any who wanted to read. It stops abruptly where I stopped translating lol. Might finish it up, might not.

TSCOA Chapter 57: Respose of Souls(2)

Tak.

The quill pen of flowing consciousness powerlessly fell to the floor. The feathers on the quill scattered and fell off. All that remained was a feather-less pen and a sheet of paper with all kinds of resentment written on it.

“Eek!”

Grace went pale and hugged Samuel’s neck. Samuel also looked speechless. They all silently stared at the paper.

After a bleak moment of silence, Ian began to speak.

“It would have been terrible if we had just gone in.”

Samuel chewed his lips. It was a pity. Although it wasn’t as big as a royal tomb, it was ten times bigger in size than a typical tomb. She was the youngest daughter of a noble family and was even proclaimed as a saintess, so the grave goods should be pretty good.

But Seol Ji-hu used the quill pen of flowing consciousness to give a strong warning that the ‘inside of the tomb is dangerous and going in would be bad.’

Of course, there were some suspicious parts but the problem was that Ian’s theory, which was only just speculation, had become more concrete.

“Wow, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!” (1)

Samuel deliberately exclaimed cheerfully and picked up the paper, waving it like it wasn’t really anything.

“Don’t be too scared. It’s a vengeful spirit at most, isn’t it? Don’t tell me it’s stronger than a Lioner? It might even be over once Alex chants one spell.”

He wasn’t wrong. Seol Ji-hu only proved that there was an enemy inside the tomb. They could not know how dangerous the enemy was until they faced it directly. It wouldn’t be very funny if they were scared of a weak opponent in advance and withdrew.

“No. I don’t think of it like that.”

Seol Ji-hu quickly objected. Samuel sighed.

“Can you tell me why?”

“Before that, can I ask a question?” (Seol Ji-hu)

“Go ahead.”

“Dylan, Samuel. Did you happen to see any other traces near this tomb except for Kahn’s team and us? For example, a monster or a beast.”

“That...”

Samuel let his words hang. He looked around the hill and could not find any trail nearby.

“Indeed, that’s one way of looking at it.” (Dylan)

Dylan affirmed that he knew what Seol Ji-hu was talking about.

“It’s not only that.”

Seol Ji-hu continued.

“According to what Sir Ian said earlier, a sage even came here personally.”

“Oho. An reverse operation, you mean? Indeed, if they placed such a large defensive magic, you can guess the strength of the vengeful spirit.”

Ian slowly nodded his head, agreeing that it made sense.

Samuel was at a loss when two of the core members of the expedition looked convinced.

‘What is this guy doing, really?’

He would have understood if it was for moral reasons. Because he was level 1. He didn’t know the paradise well yet. It would only be a matter of laughing off his ridiculous claim.

But his words were sharp one after the other. He seemed like a seasoned Earthling that had gone on about a dozen expeditions.

“...I see what you mean.” (Samuel)

Samuel opened his mouth again.

“Seol. I admit you have a point. But your argument is based on an unproven theory.”

“Samuel.”

“What is certain for now, is that this is the tomb of a high-ranking woman in the Empire and that there is an enemy inside. If we deal with that enemy, we can take the grave goods and triumphantly return to Haramark. These are goods of an ancient Empire, you know?”

“...”

“Of course, you might be right with what you’re saying. But even with that in mind, I want to go inside. This is my opinion as the header of the expedition.”

In the first place, an expedition was accompanied by risk. Seol Ji-hu had nothing to say when Samuel referred to the principles. He just felt burnt inside.

When the young man kept quiet, Ian stepped in.

“So he says, what do you think?” (Ian)

“Huh?” (Seol Ji-hu)

“Samuel’s stance is to take the risk and deal with the vengeful spirit. But if you’re thinking of another way, I’d love to hear it.’ (Ian)

‘Is he giving me a chance?’ (Seol Ji-hu)

For some reason, Ian seemed to agree with his opinion. He just didn’t show it to Samuel who put forth his authority as the header.

‘Damn it, it’s black. If we enter, it’s definitely death.’

He had experienced the ‘Escape Immediately’ once before. In the Neutral Zone. When he thought about how he almost died back then, he still got goosebumps.

At this rate, if he was vague, they would inevitably end up going inside. No, going inside was already decided. He had no right to stop them as long as Samuel showed strong determination to enter.

‘What do you want me to do?’

As a last resort, he could refuse to go in and staying outside alone...When he thought of the aftereffects, it wasn’t a great idea.

‘What should I do?’

The best situation was not incurring the wrath of the vengeful spirit and leaving with only the grave goods. But there was no way to have such a good situation.

‘A way, a way...’

[You see, women are creatures of emotions. Hmm? They’re different from us men.]

‘Shit. Why am I suddenly remembering what Mister Hao Win said...?’

Suddenly, a possibility emerged in his head.

“I want to approach this a little differently.” (Seol Ji-hu)

Seol Ji-hu’s complex gaze settled down in a flash. Ian’s eyes took on a twinkle.

“The woman was sold off in marriage and as if it wasn’t enough, she buried alive when she didn’t do anything wrong. It is simply not enough to say it was unfair and pitiful.” (Seol Ji-hu)

“True.”¬ (Ian)

“In addition, she has been locked up for hundreds of years and who knows how deep her unresolved resentment is. As it stands, if we just go in, that resentment will be poured out on us; it’s the same as her trying to take us down with her.”

“Hoh. So?”

Seol Ji-hu swallowed.

He thought it was a ridiculous idea even though he came up with the idea. But he couldn’t think of any other way.

However, his life was precious. To live, he had to grasp at any straw.

Determined, Seol Ji-hu opened his mouth.

“So, what if instead of looking at the vengeful spirit as an opponent, we appease it...”

“Wha, What?”

Samuel shrieked. Ian signaled for him to quiet down.

“Appease the vengeful spirit? Do you mean to ask for its understanding?”

“Something similar. From the woman’s perspective, we are trespassers and grave robbers.” (Seol Ji-hu)

“Hmm, I wonder. It doesn’t seem like a landlord will understand because a thief is asking for understanding.” (Ian)

“She is already dead. At least, it shows some sincerity.” (Seol Ji-hu)

Ian stroked his beard slowly. It seemed like he needed a while to think about the strange concept.

“Hmm. Appeasing the vengeful spirit, you say...” (Ian)

“Sir Ian. I’ve heard a similar story before.”

Unexpectedly, Dylan stepped forward, supporting Seol Ji-hu.

“Seol seems to be talking about exorcism. It is said that in many cases, an exorcist isn’t actually exterminating in an exorcism, they are conversing to appease the soul of the dead person.”

“I think I’ve also heard that before.”

Hugo suddenly butted in.

“I have a friend that specializes in grave robbery.”

Cho Hong snickered.

“I’m proud of you, dude.” (Cho Hong)

“Aish, just listen. Anyway, that guys always holds a ceremony before he digs a grave.”

“A ceremony?”

“Uhh. He puts a few plates of food and booze and asks them not to be too angry. ‘I’ll use your grave goods well’ or something like that. When he’s done, he puts the burial mound back the way it was. That way, they won’t get angry.” (Hugo)

When Hugo gave his input after Dylan, Ian looked interested. Seol Ji-hu did not let go of this opportunity.

“I can use the quill pen of flowing consciousness one more time. For now, I think trying out the repose of souls first, then checking out the woman’s consciousness would be good.”

Samuel opened his mouth after being quiet for a while.

“How long will this repose of souls take?”

“Ten minutes is enough if it’s informal.” (Seol Ji-hu)

“...Okay. Then let’s do this.”

Samuel continued.

“For now, we’ll try what you said. Ten minutes or so wouldn’t hurt. And even if the results aren’t good...if that happens, I want you to follow my suggestion.”

It seemed that Samuel was able to make concessions up to here. Seol Ji-hu raised himself without saying anything.

설지후는 아무 말도 않고 몸을 일으켰다.

“So how will you do this?” (Samuel)

“I’ll hold an ancestral rite.” (Seol Ji-hu)

“Ancestral rite?”

“Yeah. Alex? May I use your altar for a bit? If you also have offering, then a little, please.”

“I have an altar but...”

Alex mumbled. He was skeptical about the repose of souls. Trying wouldn’t hurt but it was a waste to use a precious offering.

“Of course, I’m always ready on the go as long as I walk the path of chief priest but how do I word this. I’m still a priest.”

“Alex? Just give me. After the expedition, I’ll pay you back.”

“Damn it. Alright.”

Alex grumblingly took the bag from the porter and opened it.

“Do we have to do this?”

Clara snapped with a disgruntled voice.

“What are you doing? Appeasing the soul? Are you kidding me?” (Clara)

“Clara. Be quiet.” (Samuel)

“Leave me alone. I have something to say. Hey, do you know that once you use an offering, its value disappears? Alex has lost valuable artifacts already, don’t you feel pity for him?”

“Clara!”

Samuel raised his voice.

“If you want to put it like that, Seol has also lost his magic weapon. And he even used his quill pen.” (Samuel)

“Th-That.” (Clara)

“Don’t act like a baby. I also agreed with this.”

Samuel spoke decisively and turned to Seol Ji-hu.

“I’m sorry. I apologize in her place.”

At a glance, he seemed to be siding with Seol Ji-hu but inwardly, he was making calculations.

언뜻 보면 설지후를 두둔하는 것 같으나 내심 속셈이 없는 것도 아니었다.

TN: (1) There were many ways to translate this sentence. Another is: A woman’s vengeance knows no bounds.

kxep, Dart, Justcallmejust and 5 others like this.
  9. marids

marids Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even If you never translate any more than this, your contribution should be considered a great end of the year present to every fan of this webnovel! In fact, I was so happy and excited at you post that it made me make my very first post in this forum, just to show my appreciation and thanks for what you did! I hope you have a happy new year!

Justcallmejust, Arbalest and Elkon like this.
  10. Baldor

Baldor Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey thanks, man. That was a good TL. Great surprise to find in the discussion thread.

11. A_Passing_Wanderer

A_Passing_Wanderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. hanglekuk

hanglekuk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hopefully we will see more of those and more often (the next chapter will come out sooner than 1 month).
    Thanks again. The novel might be less mainstream than returner, but for me it is has much more depth to it and I loving this one muc more. All returner has over this one - more translated shorter chapters.

Jymbo likes this.
  13. neetKING

neetKING Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank a lot thats a really good series on of my favourites its good know at least that its not dropped thank god yeah

14. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Miss Ruby

Miss Ruby 『Candy Floss』『Black Blood』 『❄️Ice Princess❄️』

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the chapter! I dunno how you do it, I tried my hands translating this but it was so damn long. Then I looked at 59 and was like...:blobdizzy:.

16. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
  17. neetKING

neetKING Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thaks a buch you are ausome...

18. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    I've just binge-read up to date. It's by no means perfect, but it's decently good, and since the translator says it maintains this quality I'm quite eager to see more. Far too many KR novels have absolutely outstanding beginnings but then ass-pull the endings.

19. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    New chapter today... man I love you guys.

No homo

Also, after rereading chp 58 for awhile, it is obvious that Samuel is a lousy guy and an even lousier leader, I wondered who he sacrificed to save his sorry ass the last time, it is a girl though... is he trying to make a harem?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    Hugh Mad likes this.
  20. Dart

Dart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like this trip is going to end with Klara either dying or getting her ass kicked lol, given the title and all.

0000000 and Elkon like this.