LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Olis

Olis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is more likely that the shot pushed them away out of sniper view as it looked like the sniper was waiting for them to appear at that spot before he could shoot them.

2. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah it wasn't a fatal shot to begin with. It's like toying with the prey, besides he knows the Princess is to be taken alive so there's no such thing as a corpse in the first place.

3. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    man i was really happy when they alluded to the idea there were would be absolutely no freaky sex crazed monster abduction when we first met the princess knight and they assured us they do not exist. but then they fucking existed and i was really really mad. i hate that premise .

kkgoh likes this.
  4. eulerman

eulerman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you ever hear of Chekhov gun?

If you talk about Orcs and Knight Princesses, you have to use it you know.

5. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well at least the princess wasn't raped like that dudes sister. but i really just get uncomfortable with the monster rape dungeons. i don't even think thats being overly sensitive.

elengee likes this.
  6. eulerman

Reading List:
    Link
    And you aren't oversensitive at all. As readers, we should read what wewant, being a novel with a theme we are comfortable, or one that push our boundaries as we see fit.

Chekvov's gun is more like an advice. If you read about something weird to you in the novel, keep it in mind because it could appear later.

Arbalest and Wujigege like this.
  7. PsychoEkin

PsychoEkin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got another question. Does Seol return to earth?

8. Midnight2630

Midnight2630 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wow the escape was easier than i thought...
    He go back for a day or so after the tutorial.

9. PedoBear Version 2.0

PedoBear Version 2.0 「 Lvl. 69 Legendary Pantsu Hunter !」

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhhh all the drama about the dying companions was simply bullsh*t...
    Dying in the "Lost Paradise" is not the same as dying on Earth...
    Just like what Princess Teresa Hussey said,
    "But, you go back to Earth when you die,right?"
    actually the whole thing isn't as dark as you thought it would be
    People who died on Lost Paradise was simply chilling out on earth doing their thing...

10. Olis

Olis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a comment on ch 82 about this which I totally agree with, I will just copy/paste it here.

''It looks like many people don’t fully understand the ramifications that dying in Paradise has for earthlings. If we’re talking about low-leveled newbies, who aren’t deeply involved with Paradise, then they for the most part just go back to their miserable life back home (remember that the majority of recruits are scouted when down on their luck). On the other hand, the high-rankers are much tighter integrated: spending years in Paradise should have a profound effect on their personalities and circumstances on both sides. Their lives are likely built around their activities in Paradise, be it their sources of income, or lifestyles, connections, and relations with other people. If you were to wipe out all the memories they have about the other side, what kind of change in their character would that cause? How would people on Earth react to such changes that came out of nowhere? How would the wiped earthlings cope with the new reality when something extremely important is missing, yet they don’t even have a clue of what that is?

Now, from the point of their Paradise comrades, they’re pretty much as good as dead: how many earthlings actually interact back on Earth, seeing how they’re spread all over the world and keep low profiles? And even if they’re buddies on both sides, after the memory wipe it will be like meeting a different person anyway. Yes, there will a person with the same face as someone you knew living back on Earth, but what else? They will have no memory of you or your history together. To them, you wouldn’t just be dead, it would be like you never existed. Similarly, to what extend would they resemble the person you used to know? All in all, from the point of view of people who came to know each other in Paradise, if the other person dies in Paradise, they’re as good as dead altogether, with the return to Earth being just something to sweeten the bitter pill.''

11. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the fairies caused the sinkhole by sneaking in after taking advantage of the chaos from their rescue mission. The Archer whose name escapes me right now even said that they took out all the fliers in the area, so the fairies could have already partially infiltrated, but couldn't get closer because they'd be seen by the flying parasites, until Seol's team wiped them out to cover for his retreat. Plus with the high ranking parasite being focused on Seol he would be out of the way while the fairies set up the Thunder and then set it off, the moment that he noticed the ceiling shake was probably the moment it happened. Seol is also still going to have to deal with any parasite patrols still in the area on his way back, so this trip isn't one without danger.

Elkon, Olis and A_Passing_Wanderer like this.
  12. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Or maybe ex-researcher village head left it as an extreme countermeasure that is activated when the secret, secret place is used.

13. PedoBear Version 2.0

PedoBear Version 2.0 「 Lvl. 69 Legendary Pantsu Hunter !」

Reading List:
    Link
    Well,still not dark as I thought it would be though...
    There was a big difference between completely unable to see them forever and a partial memory loss...
    I mean how long do you think people spend in paradise??many of them don't even last for more than 10 years...
    People don't change their personality that easily either ...
    and having your family member a partial memory loss isn't really that big deal.Sure they would forget the time on paradise but they were still the family you grew up with,hell why would you even let your family member suffer in that hell.Just like the archer dude on the rescue mission.Yes it was frustrating to find your sister in that miserable state but you still have that sister back on earth...
    Just like some b*stard said
    Treat the paradise thing as a game with you having an extra life, and after learning all of this stuff you will start to feel the emotion princess Teresa Hussey have in the epilogue. Imagine people with extra lives scared of doing their only purpose on paradise while they, the original inhabitants with only a single life, struggle to fight the said invaders. Earthlings aren't actually afraid of death, they were more afraid of losing the "benefits" they received as "earthlings that help the inhabitants" ...

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    Olis likes this.
  14. Olis

Olis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The one with family members is indeed better off than the one without.

Now I am wondering if later in the story monsters would outbreak on the earth too as the rift opening is shown in the news as mentioned in this chapter.

15. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    I found it fascinating the issue was resolved without plot armor. Like literally for the first time somebody else was competent enough in the novel. Rarely run into such case in novels.

Author definitely knows how to write stories but
    I still think author did not think deep enough about that. Or haven't explained it yet.

Lonelycity likes this.
  16. eulerman

Reading List:
    Link
    He is probably waiting till the MC meet in Earth someone he knew that died in Lost Paradise. The author seems to take this things in account but sometimes doesn't know how to deliver them. For example, for me, the annoyingly way he made the MC forget some items in the gold bag at the beginning to make him use it at a later time

17. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you talking about that paper talisman Seol used to clear the Impossible mission? Because I also forgot about his items after his bag was partially destroyed by the skeletons :whistle:

But the way it was used to clear that mission was kinda ingenious so I doubt author came with it adhoc.:sneaky:

18. PsychoEkin

PsychoEkin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, I just read the arc where Seol came back to earth and I loved it.

Can someone tell me which chapter he goes back to earth for the second time?

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  19. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He hasn’t returned as of the latest chap....

20. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why creativenovels translation is so slow. The book has been completed already. Yet there are fast TLs that are translating ongoing novels with slow authors.