LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would they waste a powerhouse like her on conning homeless people into slavery?
    I think you're not really thinking about what it would mean for that much filth to be in the bathtub with him. It'd be like taking a bath in a mud puddle in a marsh: at best, pointless. Unless he's draining the water between each wash, he'd just be spreading the filth around rather than removing it. It's what makes showers superior to baths when you're actually dirty, and not just sweaty or whatever.
    Well, if it actually exists, and they have access to it, then it'd make sense to reward them like that. Of course, at that point, the only reason for them to stick around would be to earn their way back home, which is kind of a waste of the resources used to send them in the first place.

2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i was picturing the tub like how they show it when they dissolve a corpse in acid in movies with serial killers, just slightly less full since the body melted itself. :blobsleepless:

3. Arbalest

Arbalest Arcane Knight Anti Mage Honeytrap Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobfearful: Woah Seol is kinda OP in there the moment he decided to enhance his strength with magic power if the MC is given a little bit of time I'm sure he can beat the shit hell out of that arrogant cartel big brother and he will be a laughing stock to the others for the rest of his life. :blobparty:

4. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, not sure if he's already as strong as a level 3 or if that guy was just weak for his level.

5. Elkon

Elkon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably a bit of both for plot points

6. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hoh. Contracts. Reminds me of a certain controversial contract.

Well I bet the golden hue lies on Gula's contract. I mean, there's definitely a hidden reward waiting for Kim Hahn-Nah if Seol signs that contract.

7. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely Gula's contract. I mean it's even in the synopsis. “The son of god Gula has returned.”

8. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Most children don't like working for their parents though. :blobsleepless:

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I know the author's trying to build tension here, but there's not even a 1% chance that he'll take the corporation's offer.
    Not necessarily. It feels like Gold just means that what he gives will be reciprocated in kind. So long as the offer is being made in earnest, with an eye towards a permanent, mutually beneficial relationship, it would be quite easy for the corporation's contract to be Gold. Also, it's worth remembering that the colors that aren't available yet are the ones related to things that are Good. That means, the one that's not shining is likely the better one for him to take.

10. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? I'd gladly work for my parents. Some of my friends actually do work for their parents. I think it's more people don't like working rather than the 'for their parents' bit. Work generally isn't fun.

11. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats case to case basis though. If my parents are a drug pusher, I wont work for them. If they are drug lords, I will gladly take their position.

jacobpaige likes this.
  12. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    What you're describing is you're willing to work for your parents. So it's exactly what I meant. You're willing to work for your parents. You're not willing to be a drug pusher. So the parents part is irrelevant.
    Lol what's with the example though? A drug lord? That's not exactly a normal occupation.

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  13. SupahHamster

SupahHamster 『The One Who Lurks』

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally, we got to learn Seol's full name. Seol Ji-Hu

Also Translator, you posted the chapter incorrectly. I found it through your Twitter but it is not under the novel so it does not show up as the next chapter.

14. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, this is shit, I think that the Seol, or Seol Ji-Hu would at least treat his family and girlfriend (wife?) better when he is back and say his farewells, because I believe it will be a long goddamn time before he can return to see them again.

15. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OK, Hell-Mode Tutorial over. Time for the pit-stop / filler chapters before we move on to real gameplay o_O

16. 1NEEDHEALING

1NEEDHEALING Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For anyone who read ahead, did this novel doesnt have romance? Slow romance would be plus

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He was dead broke and deep in debt when he left. Why would he have a home to go back to? Is she providing one for him? Or does the author think that landlords don't mind not getting paid? Also, how is he going to pay for food and whatnot back on Earth? He's not signed a contract, so there's no reason for them to give him any money.

That aside, how long is he allowed to stay on Earth? How often can he revisit? How long does he have to stay in the other world before he can return?

For me, the reason I don't want to work for my parents, or any other family member for that matter, is that all the employees know that I'm related to the owner. It warps their interactions with me and robs me of any chance at having true friends among my coworkers. It's impossible to escape the feeling that everyone who approaches me for any reason is doing it solely because they want something. Heck, even my own family members who don't work there do the same thing when they want to try to use me to influence the business in some way. I absolutely hated it the one time I was left with no other options, and have repeatedly refused every time anyone's tried to get me to work for any of my other family members who have businesses. I'd rather make less and not have to deal with everyone trying to use me all the time.

NovelsAreLife and elengee like this.
  18. A_Passing_Wanderer

A_Passing_Wanderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, everyone. I'm back with a status update. I've stopped taking donations for the Returner as well as the Second Coming of Avarice due to a new commitment I took on recently. And that commitment can be found if you follow the link below:

https://www.webnovel.com/book/11954117506653505/Is-this-Hunter-for-Real

This doesn't mean I'll be dropping the Returner or the Second Coming. I'll do my best to keep up with the regular chapter releases, so keep your fingers firmly crossed!

Edit: Cover art for the new project.

xxlarge.jpg

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  19. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Schedule for your new novel?

20. Knight8

Knight8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How would you rate the story compared to Avarice?And is this novel similar to any Korean that was translated so we can get an idea how she will be?