LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Enamoured』

Reading List:
    Link
    Current Line Up of...Carpe Diem?

Warriors
    Seol Jihu
    Richard Hugo
    Chung Chohong
    Phi Sora
    Yi Sungjin*

Archers
    Marcel Ghionea
    Yi Seol-Ah*

Priests (lol)
    Flone
    Seo Yuhui

Admin
    Kim Hannah – overseer
    Jang Maldong – advisor

*low battle power, possibly only contracted

I think I'm not that far from what will happen lol

NO! Don't even dare to make a comparison to that idiot of a human!

I read it, nope. Motoyasu even caused Naofumi (and Raphtalia) to die multiple times

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    bf likes this.
  2. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is about right, although Marcel joined for revenge so he could maybe be a contracted member too to start out, and then idk if Yuhui has officially joined (i think i remember a few chapters ago they talked about her joining but i dont remember if its official). Also then the other guy that went with them on their last mission also talked about being associated with his new organization so he might be a contracted member too.
    edit: kazuki being the other guy i forgot his name so had to go check lol

3. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably add Kazuki for acher too. He might form his own team but under the organization's banner

4. Thousandswords

Thousandswords SWORD OF PENETRATION

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a blatant spoiler hidden within an unassuming assumption!

5. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah no
    “Now that you’ve secured the funding, will you be moving to Eva right away?”

“Yes.”

“And you’ll make an organization in Eva.”

“Probably.”

“Will you have affiliate teams once your organization develops?”

“Huh…? Affiliate teams?”

Seol Jihu raised a question while replying nonchalantly. He didn’t get why Kazuki was suddenly asking him all these riddling questions.

“Why do you ask?”

Kazuki chortled.

“No reason.”

“?”

“It’s just that, from the perspective of a team, I figured it wouldn’t be bad to work under a leader who’s fair in settling personal affairs.”

6. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seol Jihu shrugged.
    “Okay, so you’re saying it was both?”
    “Yeah-ah!”
    “Alright, fine. You won’t say anything once I recruit Yuhui Noona too, right?”
    Chohong nodded her head madly.
    “Of course! I won’t say a peep. If I go back on my words, I’d really be a bitch. I’ll say it now! I’m a dog if I go back on my words! For real!”
    “Oho.”
    Seol Jihu just landed himself a legitimate way of treating Chohong like a dog.
    Like a puppy that had a violent personality, but was really a gentle sweetie.
    “I don’t know… I feel like you’ll make up another excuse…”
    “I won’t. Okay, let’s do this then. Let’s write a new contract. I’ll sign it this time.”
    She darted off somewhere, brought back a pen and a piece of paper, then began to write a contract.
    “I, Chohong… if Seol Jihu succeeds in recruiting both Kim Hannah and Seo Yuhui… will do what he wants… vow upon Goddess Invidia…”
    “Don’t forget the part of you being a dog.”
    “Yeah, yeah, I will.”
    She even signed with a thumbprint.

NEVER EVER let Chohong lead any team or have any decision making powers lmao. this was the single worst thing she could have bet against lol

Shield Loyalist and bf like this.
  7. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, how much time and money do you think Seol is going to spend for a personalized dog collar for Chohong? I could easily see Seol having a collar made with Chohong's name engraved on it and just putting it on the breakfast table at her normal seat for everyone else to see.

8. Midnight2630

Midnight2630 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chohong called it.
    I wonder how long it will take for Seol to start training again and use the God like item he bought at the Tutorial

9. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just binge read all the chapters these past few days after leaving this in my backlog for over a year. Great read, better than I thought it’d be.

Quick question, guys. In chapter 132
    Whose color did Seon manage to change? Can’t remember well. I was thinking Yi Seol-ah, but the Parasite Queen only noticed a change in her after she went to train on the mountain. Can’t be Marcel either since he’s still being held captive at this point. Drawing up a blank on whose destiny he has changed in particular.

10. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So Seol can gather countless cheats but even with him having had a girlfriend still seems so clueless about what he conveys to love interests lol

11. Arca

Arca Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Teresa, She was colorless and then became gold.

12. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure it was the snake girl he beat half to death who went from hostile and evil to “I’ll never be on any side that’s not his please don’t hit me”

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  13. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hes changed quite a few peoples fate. Phi Sora (though thats after the banquet), Teresa, Marcel the steel archer, and that girls brother at the banquet that had the slaughtering star or whatever it was.

14. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The god was talking about Seon having changed one person’s color in particular, so I don’t think it’s a matter of him picking one choice over the other. Like with Hao Win in their recent convo; he was blue, and after Seon voiced his intent to become a king, he became gold. That’s different from snake eyes getting forcibly changed from yellow to colorless. The blue color implies that they’re at a crossroads in their destiny, I think, where they could be influenced one way or another, but what Seon did to snake eyes was just dominating her entirely and having her destiny change regardless of what her will was. I dunno.
    Like, there’s an actual difference between the kind of color change between these two scenarios.

Anyway, new chapter! Didn’t realize Seo Yuhui would weaken further if she uses her powers at this point, but I suppose she’s currently in the same state Seon was right after he exited the temple and needed to rest to make sure his stats didn’t go down again. I’m guessing Seo is still a level 8 on paper, but functionally a level 4?

Level 5 is a High-Ranker, right? And a Unique Ranker is level 6?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  15. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think its actually different. Seol's body was recovering from him overusing a power his body couldn't handle and him getting beat up. the way its worded in this chapter Yuhui still has "debt" from borrowing so much divine power. i believe its more spiritual then physical like Seol's injuries were and has to be recovered from praying and giving offers instead of just resting like Seol did. from what we've been shown priests in this world aren't honestly all that strong and seem to have to do a lot to heal and they cant do it often.

16. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, that’s what I meant. A warrior’s performance depends on their physical abilities along with their mana level (moreso for Seon’s job line which emphasizes the use of mana to boost their stats) while a priest depends on different factors. I was only comparing their situations in how their performance at the time was below what someone of their level should be capable of and also in the midst of recovering. For Seon, his body simply needs to rest. For Seo, she needs to pray and make offerings.

My point being that their ranks were still the same, just that they weren’t/aren’t going to be able to perform at that level for a while, and exercising/using divine power would just make them regress and weaken.

17. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ya i guess in a broad sense its the same situation. i wonder if the reason priests get such bad backlash for using their powers more so then any other class is because they're using the gods power to heal people and that indirectly means the gods are effecting things and thus it triggers the law of casualty that the gods have to follow. so to counteract the law they have priests present offerings so things don't tip even more so towards the parasite queens favor

18. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    One possibility, but not one I think likely. I think it more has to do with the fact that they're directly channeling Divine energy through their bodies. Their level represents the amount of divine energy they can handle until their body starts breaking down. My reasons for thinking this are due to what we learned about the Parasite Queen's Divinity underlings. Anytime they full use their divinity, they have to go hide for a couple of years to recuperate. I'm thinking the offerings are basically pseudo contribution points that allow the Gods to heal them their bodies faster.

Today's Crazy Theory: The Sins have only so much energy they can use which is derived from the amount of worship or people who follow their commands. Contribution points are basically an artificial construct that the Gods use to measure how much energy a particular person has generated for them. The gods then use a % of that power to reward the person and keep the rest for their Divine Tasks (whatever those entail.) So offerings are basically a way to infuse more energy to the gods.

tkato likes this.
  19. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh thats a good point. do you think then that means the executioners can also use divinity in the way the parasite queen's underlings do to power up massively?

20. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Not to the level of the Parasite Queen's Divinities, but yes. They're basically special level 8's, where I would put the Parasite Queen's Divinities to special level 9's or 10's. And by special I mean they can directly channel the God's divine energy, where a non-special would be relying specifically on their own abilities.

Shield Loyalist and tkato like this.